Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

What's this about being able to obtain gen 5 and gen 2 starters in this game? I haven't seen any evidence of this and they're not in the Alolan Pokedex... :/

Island Scan.

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/qrscanner.shtml

You can also get Roselia, Swinub, Klink, Horsea, Litwick, Deino, Bellsprout, Marill, Luxio, Spheal, Venipede, Gothita, Honedge, Rhyhorn, Vigoroth, Staravia, Duosion, Axew, Togekiss, Conkeldurr, Leavanny and Eelektross.

Edited by Emerson

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you have to actually obtain the Pokemon to scan for it. I've tried scanning for Pokemon and it always says it can't be scanned because you haven't caught it yet.

Er, what?

First off, Island Scan is when you fill up the guage in the QR scanner. It then allows you to Scan the Island you're on, which gives you 1 hour to find a Pokemon in a certain area that you can't normally find.

Secondly, I was under the impression you could scan any Pokemon anytime. I scanned the Rowlet family very early on, and I started with Litten.

You might be thinking of simply seeing their QR code, which is true. However, that itself is not the scanner.

The scanner is in the menu with everything else.

You have to scan 10 QR codes to get an Island Scan. Magearna counts as 2.

http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs <- All the QR codes.

The Pokemon you can get, where they are, and what days everything is are in the Serebii link from earlier.

Edited by Emerson

What do you mean "er what?" Just go to a Pokemon's page in the Pokedex and you'll see a button to scan it. You can't use it if you haven't caught the Pokemon yet.

And if you need to QR scan a code ten times to get this "Island Scan" thing, that's not possible either. Magearna is the only Pokemon we've gotten QR codes for.

Edited by Anacybele

What do you mean "er what?" Just go to a Pokemon's page in the Pokedex and you'll see a button to scan it. You can't use it if you haven't caught the Pokemon yet.

And if you need to QR scan to get this "Island Scan" thing, that's not possible either. Magearna is the only Pokemon we've gotten QR codes for.

No, the button in the Pokedex is simply seeing the QR code. These have been shared online, which I also linked an Imgur to a full list of them. You're supposed to use the internet or someone else's 3DS to get these- it's not cheating or anything.

The QR Scanner is the same one you used for Magearna. If you noticed, scanning Magearna gave you 20 points/2 slots in the Island Scanner.

Well, then this is an overly confusing mess that GameFreak should've made clearer. All this time I was thinking I couldn't scan anything at all unless I caught it already or it was an event like Magearna.

Edited by Anacybele

What's this about being able to obtain gen 5 and gen 2 starters in this game? I haven't seen any evidence of this and they're not in the Alolan Pokedex... :/

I do frequently see requests for them on the GTS though, strangely enough. I think these people are stupid or just don't know any better because you can't get any non-gen 7 starters as far as I've seen.

I've already gotten a cyndaquill

just scan these qr codes on the qr scanner until you get 100 points: http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs

then click island scan and a pokemon not in the alola dex will show up on a location. The pokemon and the location depend on the island you're in and also the day of the week

This training island is just so convenient.
An Island which, at level 3, can give up to 18 pokemon a hellton of experience, just by waiting hours, compared to only two mon from previous game by walking case-by-case.

No shame in my game, I use it. It's just too practical to pass up, it's easier to detect good pokemons. I honestly believe it's a feature that should return in the next game.

Like seriously, who could've though that Toucannon could be this good when he look like your common bird-mon ? Same with Bewear.
Also, Kommo-o is a beast, what's up with those high stats ? Lunala look like a pansy compared to him.

This training island is just so convenient.

An Island which, at level 3, can give up to 18 pokemon a hellton of experience, just by waiting hours, compared to only two mon from previous game by walking case-by-case.

No shame in my game, I use it. It's just too practical to pass up, it's easier to detect good pokemons. I honestly believe it's a feature that should return in the next game.

Like seriously, who could've though that Toucannon could be this good when he look like your common bird-mon ? Same with Bewear.

Also, Kommo-o is a beast, what's up with those high stats ? Lunala look like a pansy compared to him.

Not to mention fully EV training 1 stat on 18 Pokemon at once while also being able to do something else in game (Or not play the game) is INSANE.

Edited by Emerson

So I just did the second battle against Lusamine and I have to say, that must be an annoying battle if you don't have a bulky pokémon and you don't use the exp share.

Literally spam Moonblast, Moonlight and Comic Power with her Claifable. Has 2 pokémon with Pain split. Good thing my Toxapex managed to KO 4 of them with the help of a X Attack. (Thanks Recover and Baneful Bunker)

I'm just in front of Nebby, and I have to say, it might be the first time that I'll ever consider adding the box legendary on my team. Nebby might be my favorite legendary right now.

Kommo-o is just this gen's pseudo legendary dragon. Just like Garchomp, Salamence, Dragonite, and Flygon among others.

Although i really like Kommo-o. Really thinking of using the guy, I just don't know how. Though right now I am thinking either an adamant automize set, or a defensively minded dragon dance set. It has ok defenses and good resistances (just get rid of fairies first)

Kommo-o is just this gen's pseudo legendary dragon. Just like Garchomp, Salamence, Dragonite, and Flygon among others.

Flygon is not a psuedo-legendary. It has a BST of 520, while psuedos have 600.

Edited by Emerson

Flygon is not a psuedo-legendary. It has a BST of 520, while psuedos have 600.

Oh my mistake. I thought it was, but I did think it was odd that Gen 3 had Flygon and salamence. Makes sense lol.

If you're curious, the Pseudo-Legendaries are:

Gen 1: Dragonite

Gen 2: Tyranitar

Gen 3: Salamance and Metagross

Gen 4: Garchomp

Gen 5: Hydreigon

Gen 6: Goodra

Gen 7: Kommo-o

Edited by Water Mage

Haxorus is a pseudo-legendary too. Three-stage powerful Dragon-type late in the Pokedex.

It's not because it doesn't have have a Base Stat Total of 600.

It's also not really that late in the Pokedex.

Edited by Water Mage

Why does it have to have that base-stat total to be considered one? It's still a powerful three-stage Dragon. And it's not LATE late, but it's still kind of late.

I always personally considered Haxorus to be a pseudo-legendary because it fits those categories, and it would be weird to stop thinking that now, so...

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, it's mid game.

Same with Aggron and Volcarona.

Slaking is also not a psuedo due to its ability and being early game, plus it's BST is over the 600 mark, being 670.

Psuedos are pretty much entirely based on that 600 bst mark, and being last in the dex other being between the lower legends and the box/mythical legends.

Edited by Emerson

Again, why does it have to have that base stat total? There can be exceptions to one rule. Like how not every single one of them is actually Dragon type. A pseudo-legendary to is pretty much a late three-stage powerful Pokemon, usually, but not always Dragon type and Haxorus fits that.

Edited by Anacybele

Why does it have to have that base-stat total to be considered one? It's still a powerful three-stage Dragon. And it's not LATE late, but it's still kind of late.

Because all of the others have a Base Stat Total of 600.

Haxorus only has a Base Stat Total of 540.

As you can see, it's considerably weaker that the others. Just because it's a three-stage Dragon doesn't make it a Pseudo-Legendary.

Edited by Water Mage

Again, why does it have to have that base stat total? There can be exceptions to one rule. Like how not every single one of them is actually Dragon type. A pseudo-legendary to is pretty much a late three-stage powerful Pokemon, usually, but not always Dragon type and Haxorus fits that.

because pseudo legendary is a fan made definition that was defined as exactly that

Like, it doesn't really mean anything. GF never aknowledged pseudo legendary. it's simply a way fans call pokemon with 600 BST that are not legendaries.

If you start adding other pokemon, then the term becomes even more meaning less. Why Hoxarus? Why not, idk, Gengar, Alakazam, kingdra, Aegislash or every strong pokemon with 3 stages of evolution? Why haxorus in particular?

Edited by Nobody