Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

So guys, I saw some rumors on Youtube that Pokemon Stars or whatever the Switch Pokemon game is will have 20 new Pokemon and 10 new Alolan forms. I don't think this will happen though. I mean, why would more Alolan forms just suddenly appear in the region and why would so many Pokemon be held back for the third version? If the 3DS's hardware couldn't handle it all, okay, but still, it's kind of awkward and is something GameFreak's never done before.

Even so, this is GameFreak we're talking about, so I wouldn't say it's entirely out of the question. Just doubtful.

If I remember correctly, the Rotoms forms were introduced in Platinum and because of that, they were disabled for multiplayer because Diamond and Pearl didn't have acces to those forms.

They will probably do something similar.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but that's just a few forms. This is 20 new Pokemon plus 10 new Alolan forms we're talking about here.That's a LOT more. And like I said, it wouldn't make sense for these Alolan forms to not already have been in the Alola Pokedex, because...you know, ALOLAN forms...

Edited by Anacybele

On the contrary, since Pokémon has integrated the multiverse concept into its lore, they can always say that any new Alolan Formes only exist in the third version world(s), and thus, would only be in their Regional Pokédexes.

It's not so different from Platinum adding like about 60 Pokémon to the Sinnoh Dex. Granted, they weren't new Pokémon, but it's the same principle of a different game version having additions to their regional dex compared to the original.

Yeah, but like you said, it wasn't completely new Pokemon, just a bit of a retcon, I suppose. I still feel like actual new Pokemon and more Alolan forms is an even bigger retcon.

2ReHAc.jpg
ZCMRB5.jpg
zWKW6m.jpg
XWP0Lr.jpg
ju1wVg.jpg

Finally after 100 soft resets. I've just finished the main game and have slews of pictures coming. The E4's track is very fitting for online battling and should use that for online battling. :D

Lillie's ending is wonderful. Hau's ending is wonderful. The Champion is wonderful. The game is wonderful. :D My next one will be Timid with Somewhat Vain. :D

Edited by PuffPuff

Where's the delivery guy for gifts?

I've checked a Pokemon Center, two Ferry terminals, and a Tourist info spot.

Found it, first one was modest. I guess Synchronize affects it?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Normally its the Pokemon Center, but Magearna is unique in that its gotten at the antique shop in the mall in Hau'oli city. It tells you so when you pick up thr gift.

Edited by Emerson

Where's the delivery guy for gifts?

I've checked a Pokemon Center, two Ferry terminals, and a Tourist info spot.

Found it, first one was modest. I guess Synchronize affects it?

It does!

Starting in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, if a Pokémon with Synchronize is leading the party, gift Pokémon (except Pokémon obtained via Mystery Gift) in the Undiscovered Egg Group will always have the same Nature.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Synchronize_(Ability)

Also, another battle competition has been announced!

Region: International

Registration Period: January 19th 2017 - January 26th 2017

Battle Period: January 27th 2017 - January 29th 2017

Battle Type: Single Battle

Battle Limits: 15 Battles per day

Pokémon Restrictions: Alola Pokédex Only.

Banned Pokémon: Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna

Banned Moves: Memento, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Lunar Dance, Crush Grip, Magma Storm, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Shadow Force, Searing Shot, Techno Blast, Relic Song, Secret Sword, Glaciate, Bolt Strike, Blue Flare, V-create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Parting Shot, Diamond Storm, Steam Eruption, Hyperspace Hole, Hold Hands, Origin Pulse, Precipice Blades, Dragon Ascent, Hyperspace Fury

Banned Items: Mega Stones

Entry Gift: 50BP

This is the Alola Friendlycompetition. This competition is a Single Battle competition and runs unique rules. These rules allow for you to use all Pokémon currently available in the Alola Pokédex except Special Pokémon.

Looks like UB's are allowed... great cause everyone wants to see pheromosa everywhere >_>. Oh well, I will still enter cause 50 BP is nice win or lose :D

Here is the link to the full news

Edited by SlayerX

Banned Pokémon: Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna

I guess Nebby is so broken with only splash and teleport (or he's beating the shit out of people with a bag?)

It does!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Synchronize_(Ability)

Also, another battle competition has been announced!

Looks like UB's are allowed... great cause everyone wants to see pheromosa everywhere >_>. Oh well, I will still enter cause 50 BP is nice win or lose :D

Here is the link to the full news

Those restrictions are even more than Smogon's. No Tapu's. -.-

ogsQlU.jpgJBKPiE.jpg
QTjXmi.jpgftZJyS.jpg
Set I recommend...=P

Thank god these are useable in Battle Facilities and Smogon. Yippie! Cuz, I really love this Pokemon. ...And it's all thanks to Lillie ^_^ (Who I certainly won't forget for the rest of my life. She didn't have to do all of this. -.-) Just have to give it a Choice Scarf and watch it clean up many teams without taking any damage. :D Smogon already gave it an Uber rating.. Like they have with Blazaken and Aegisslash both that you can also use in the facilities.
...And yep. Magearna is banned. As it is with Mythical Pokemon. ^_^

I assumed it would be like Mystery Gifts, tbh. I had planned on soft resetting for the nature and put a Modest Kadabra up front just in case.

lol

I know now not to waste a good amount of time to find a perfect nature and IV Mythical Pokes. :D

Edited by PuffPuff

Those restrictions are even more than Smogon's. No Tapu's. -.-

ogsQlU.jpgJBKPiE.jpg
QTjXmi.jpgftZJyS.jpg
Set I recommend...=P

Thank god these are useable in Battle Facilities and Smogon. Yippie! Cuz, I really love this Pokemon. ...And it's all thanks to Lillie ^_^ (Who I certainly won't forget for the rest of my life. She didn't have to do all of this. -.-) Just have to give it a Choice Scarf and watch it clean up many teams without taking any damage. :D Smogon already gave it an Uber rating.. Like they have with Blazaken and Aegisslash both that you can also use in the facilities.
...And yep. Magearna is banned. As it is with Mythical Pokemon. ^_^

lol

I know now not to waste a good amount of time to find a perfect nature and IV Mythical Pokes. :D

Pretty sure Tapu's are allowed. Only banned pokemon are those listed, and non-alola pokedex pokemon. So everything in game with the exception of island scan are allowed.

We're reaching the middle of January and still nothing of Bank.

I wonder when they plan on releasing it.

I hope they do it soon. I have a few pokemon I wouldn't mind passing over. Not only do they have good IV's they are also already trained :V...

Also looking at the legendary dogs... Why did they nerf the never released hidden abilities?

Edited by SlayerX

Hey, it's only the 9th, be patient. xP And all they said was January, so we could be waiting until the 31st and it wouldn't have been false information.

That being said, I would really like to bring over one of my Keldeo... And the Rapidash and Zebstrika I trained up in AS.

I hope they do it soon. I have a few pokemon I wouldn't mind passing over. Not only do they have good IV's they are also already trained :V...

Also looking at the legendary dogs... Why did they nerf the never released hidden abilities?

Frankly, with how Fake Out is getting more and more common, Inner Focus is becoming a rather useful ability. So I don't think it's a huge nerf

I swear, if this so called Star version is Switch or N3DS only, I destroy my nose with my index and thumb.

Mmm. Grrrgrrr. :/

It still bothers me that Lillie gives you the chance to catch Cosmag(Solgaleo/Lunala) when it is HERS. They have been thick and through then. I actually don't want to catch it when it is hers. Why couldn't they have made it so that you catch the opposite of what she has. Like Solgaleo for Sun and She has Lunala. In Moon you have Lunala and she has Solgaleo? I'll just say that she'll get the opposite of what your version is because it is not fair that the writers made her not keep it? Doesn't this bother any of you? ;_; They could have made another Cosmag to avoid this sadness of them parting ways.

Why GF? Why?

Same here, but it makes sense,

After all, one of her personality traits is that she is no trainer, at all, even at the end where she decide to start, she seem to understand that yeah, starting your career with Lunala/Solgaleo would be kind of like starting with Arceus, or Hoopa.

It's the kind of things you can do in randomizer, not in real life... or whatever you call it.:p

What really bothers me is the Cosmog that you can obtain in the alternate universe... who evolve into the same version version legendary you've caught.

Just... why ? It's an alternate universe of the other version, so what gives ? I'll level it to level 55 just to verify, but still.

On another note, if every pokemon universe are canon... does that make every fangame and romhack canon as well ? :p

It's so you can trade legendaries. Having multiple copies of the same legendary on one file isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah, I remember in ORAS, you couldn't trade your box art legendary because ''he was special''.

That slowed me down quite a bit to get a Groundon for my Pokédex.

http://bulbahandbook.bulbagarden.net/pokemonsunmoon/move/sunsteel-strike

Oh shi- =o

Nebby just got more dangerous. -.-

Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam can bypass Protect. They should bypass Wonder Guard/Sturdy/Battle Armor for example too. ^_^

prYqH8.jpg

Serebii is also holding a tournament when Special Pokemon are allowed to participate. Sign ups for it starts on Jan 17th. Only one per team but it's better than nothing!

Edited by PuffPuff

http://www.serebii.net/news/2017/11-January-2017.shtml

Patch Version 1.1 has been released.

It fixes the Z-Parting Shot and Z-Memento glitches, as well as a Rocky Helmet glitch. It also fixes a glitch where some Pokemon wouldn't learn a move when they evolved.

Please note that Z-Parting Shot and Z-Memento will not be usable in Battle Spot until Season 2 starts on January 17th.

WHEN BANK

Edited by Emerson