Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Something I really want in these games are difficulty levels, roughly following normal/hard/lunatic. In their desire to cater to as many people as possible, I don't see why they can't throw a bone to the fans who want some more challenge in the series after how easy X and Y were.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time they did that was B2/W2, which was unlocked after you beat the game.

So if they did have something like that I doubt it would function the way you want it to.

actually knowing GF, I know already it won't happen

You know, I've heard that the reason the games are easier nowdays is because a lot of parents in Japan complained about the 4th Gneration games being to hard, and their kids couldn't complete it. Ever since Black&White they are making things easier. The reason the Battle Frontier didn't show up was because it was deemed to hard.

I agree that DP's main story was too hard to complete (even though I did finally manage it after awhile). Platinum was a better difficulty. It was still a challenge, but not frustrating like its predecessors. GF needs to look at this game for reference if they don't want to add difficulty settings again.

You know, I've heard that the reason the games are easier nowdays is because a lot of parents in Japan complained about the 4th Gneration games being to hard, and their kids couldn't complete it. Ever since Black&White they are making things easier. The reason the Battle Frontier didn't show up was because it was deemed to hard.

I feel like Black and White hit the right balance with difficulty, though I still feel like the loss of the Battle Frontier purely because of that is stupid (if true).

The last time they did that was B2/W2, which was unlocked after you beat the game.

So if they did have something like that I doubt it would function the way you want it to.

actually knowing GF, I know already it won't happen

I'm not saying it's probable; I'd just be very pleased if they did so.

I kinda hated the difficulty in XY/ORAS because it meant I could breeze through the game as opposed to DPP and HGSS where the main story would keep me occupied for so long. By that I mean XY/ORAS is to easy for its main story to really be enjoyable and all the fun comes from battling friends whereas in DPP the story was something that was fun in its own right

Kinda hoping Sun and Moon are more like DPP but they won't be

Edited by Mackc2

I kinda hated the difficulty in XY/ORAS because it meant I could breeze through the game as opposed to DPP and HGSS where the main story would keep me occupied for so long. By that I mean XY/ORAS is to easy for its main story to really be enjoyable and all the fun comes from battling friends whereas in DPP the story was something that was fun in its own right

Kinda hoping Sun and Moon are more like DPP but they won't be

If worst comes to worse, just ignore the EXP share.

Anyways, CoroCoro should be leaking this afternoon/evening (if the pattern holds up), so I'm changing the thread title in preparation.

EDIT: It leaked. And this is it:

Cf1OkzNXIAAtuZs.jpg

A cover tease and promise for more info next month.

This is freaking anti-hype, here; what's Gamefreak doing? They weren't this coy with X and Y, or even ORAS.

DOUBLE EDIT: Welp, apparently Megearna is steel/fairy, as damn near everybody guessed. That's all the news here.

Edited by The DanMan

Yeah, this is disappointing. :( I bet it wouldn't be so frustrating though, if we hadn't gotten a lot on X and Y right away.

But speaking of which, I finally completed all three Kalos Pokedexes the other day! I never finished because I put X down to play other games after awhile. xP But now I caught all the regional dex Pokemon and got the awards to display in the house. ^^ I already finished the ORAS regional dex some time before.

Edited by Anacybele

Does Gamefreak want to lose consumers? Or are they really hyping the game for their 20th anniversary?

Even the pictures are whited out, at least give us the box art.

They are probably deliberately teasing us until much closer to release, so that they can open the floodgates later on. My biggest problem is that they decided to announce the games and then seemingly go for a news drought, instead of waiting to announce them until later.

What is going on over at Game Freak? They said there was going to be news this week, and YET we're only able to see 5% of the boxart. Get your shit together, you people!

It was an announcement of an announcement from CoroCoro that they'd begin coverage of Sun and Moon in this month's issue. They technically didn't lie, though they did disappoint.

I'm not holding my breath for it, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was another Direct in the coming weeks where they showed off a proper trailer, then had CoroCoro follow up.

Does anybody have higher-quality images of the CoroCoro page? It would be nice to at least get a decent look at what they have of Moon's cover, and maybe try to pick out some things.

Gamefreak just registered trademarks for "Solgaleo" and "Lunalaa".

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/20/game-freak-register-trademarks-solgaleo-lunaala/

All bets are on them being the flagships. Solgaleo clearly sounds like a lion, but Lunalaa is much less obvious.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/20/game-freak-register-trademarks-solgaleo-lunaala/

All bets are on them being the flagships. Solgaleo clearly sounds like a lion, but Lunalaa is much less obvious.

Now that I think about, aren't lion often associated with the sun, due to their mane? Makes sense that Sun's mascot is lion.

Moon's on the other hand...hmm..maybe a wolf?

Also, many legendary pokemon are actually based on creatures from mythology, for example:

Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are based on Jewish mythology

Ho-oh and Lugia are based on Eastern mythology

Xerneas, Yvetal and Zygarde are based on Norse mythology

And there are other examples as well.

Is there type of mythology that involves lions as important figures?

I mean while Lions appear in many mythologies, has there even been an important lion figure? I don't remember.

Granted I'm still haven't made my research , so I may be completely wrong.

Edited by Water Mage

lion and wolf pokemon les go

Also, many legendary pokemon are actually based on creatures from mythology, for example:

Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are based on Jewish mythology

they are?

lion and wolf pokemon les go

they are?

Ziz, Leviathan and Behemoth.

In Jewish mythology they were said to be destructive creatures during the early days of the world.

Ziz is said to rule over birds and Leaviathan is said to rule over fishes. Not sure on what Behemoth rules over if anything at all.

Edited by Water Mage

Is there type of mythology that involves lions as important figures?

I mean while Lions appear in many mythologies, has there even been an important lion figure? I don't remember.

Granted I'm still haven't made my research , so I may be completely wrong.

The only mythological lion I'm seeing pop up is the Nemean lion. As for wolf, the Capitolone Wolf (the one that raised Romulus and Remus) would kinda make sense as it's counterpart. Even then, their only real connection is "Grecco-Roman myth".