Fates Character Opinions Survey Tier List; Revelations Survey Up

Jedi

So, I was inspired by Shin's Smash survey thing, and I figured "hey thats cool why don't I try that with fates?"

Birthright Survey

Conquest Survey

Revelations Survey

Now this is based off the Gen 1 characters only, I figured kids would all fall under similar spots in peoples minds because they are generally all treated well, this is assumed to be Hard Mode on both versions, however people who have played Normal or Lunatic Mode are also allowed to put their opinions (in fact I encourage it), this isn't based on super exact facts, just opinions and i'm curious how an opinionated tier list for both games (and eventually Revelations but not all of us have that yet). Would go

So enjoy, and don't do it more than once please. The results will be revealed once there have been a good set of replies and the time has passed, sorry if my wording wasn't the best on these categories either.

Special thanks to Elieson for helping me with logistics of the sheets. Which are behind the scenes currently :P:

Edit: I forgot someone in Conquest for a moment, fixing.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted in the conquest one as well. No opinion on Birthright yet since I haven't delved too much into it. One thing that is going to vary with the maids/butler is gender of avatar since that variable impacts availability.

We already have a good number of results in both surveys, thank you all so far!

17 for Conquest

13 for Birthright, at this moment in time

Edited by Jedi

Voted for birthright, even if I only played normal mode

I'll add Conquest once I get through it, I JUST finished B. And I'm going to start C. later today, so I hope the survey will still be there when I finish, which should take me about a week or so.

Voted for birthright, even if I only played normal mode

I'll add Conquest once I get through it, I JUST finished B. And I'm going to start C. later today, so I hope the survey will still be there when I finish, which should take me about a week or so.

I'll probably be leaving it up for a bit ^^ no worries, I gotta finish Conquest myself.

Voted both, based on how well they've been performing in both my games so far.

Damn, I really need to start using more units, feels like I chose the "I don't know" option far too much.

Oh well, praise Takumi, praise Xander (you know, gameplay-wise).

Praise Takumi!

Voted Conquest even though I only played the game on Normal. I didn't use anything to break the game in my run (My Castle or DLC abuse), so I think my vote is fair.

I haven’t played Birthright Hard but I just assumed enemies had lower stats. I did Conquest based on what I remember of Hard and not Lunatic.

The main thing that’s changed for me in recent replays is I think Jakob and Silas are way better now. I didn’t realize how fast Jakob could snowball and didn’t really think about the shelter+Azura multiple refreshes (really clever, btw). It’s kinda a mess in the midtiers though. >_>

I voted in Birthright but it was a lot of I don't knows and most of them got B or C unless they were super great.

[spoiler=The special guys]

Corrin: S rank for obvious reasons

Jakob: S rank, he's really good. I threw him in dreadfigher to give him even better stats.

Rinkah: D rank, still better than her own weapon ranks.

Azura: S rank, dancer with godlike availability.

Takumi: S rank, one shots the stupid ninjas in his join chapter with the best bow ever conceived. He might end up with speed problems later but there are a bunch of speed pair ups for him to use. Probably should have gone with A rank though.

Reina: A rank, amazing in her join chapter with great stats.

Ryoma: S rank, Percival/10

Scarlet: S rank, the first actual tanky character I've seen. Thank god for her.

Voted on conquest because lol birthright tier.

I may or may not have voted arthur S odin A (there was no S++++ for silias/camilia you should fix that), inb4odinarthurhate.

But seriously there are very few units inthis game under a solid A ranking (class overlap moms, thwomps, and the dog who saves turns on his joining chapter by committing Sudoku)

Edited by joshcja

I voted on both. Im running Normal, but its easy to see whos bad if they struggle in Normal lmao. I was honest enough to put some of my team-carries as B or C because i favored them.

Here are my thoughts on Nohrian characters on lunatic classic mode in Conquest:

I will use these criterias in my attempt to categorize to the best of my ability, units in Conquest lunatic:

S-Broken or overpowered

A-Strong for various reasons, but not OP

B-Decent and usable for a portion. These units may drop off in usefulness, or be replaced by kids

C-Units that are less than desirable but may still be usable

D-Nope units who shouldn't be used

S Tier:

Camilla-Are explanations needed as to why Camilia is the strongest unit in Conquest? She has good base stats, good growths, good movement, good bulk, good availability. She is a unit thatliterally has everything except immunity to bows and strong magic damage. Your strongest or second strongest combat parent unit.

Corrin-God tier availability, lol, and god tier utility. Corrin can class change to any class in the game and can fulfill any role you want him to fulfill. Corrin's biggest problem is the fact that he doesn't really grow as well as the above units. I've found that rather than making Corrin a pure combat unit, giving him access to special skills like replicate or rallies, noble stuff, or special weapons/classes like dragonstone, and Corrin's versatility is what makes him an OP unit. Also 20% bonus exp lol.

Azura-A unit that gives another turn to a unit along with bonus stats. Not a combat unit, but an OP support unit. Her biggest problem lies with her squishiness. At least she can tank one hit.

Mozume-Mozume is a top 2 combat unit that gets stronger than your other units as the game progresses further and further. She's one of the few parent units that can actually ORKO a wide variety of enemy units. The fact that she is one of the very few units in nohr with the ability to do this makes her S tier. She's will probably be weaker or on par with your other units until promotion time, but after that, the distance between her and other units will probably grow bigger. She has high speed, high attack, high defense, but low hp and res. Her biggest weakness is her susceptibility to magic. Classing her into kinshi knight gives her a supprotive option with aoe heal and mobility, but in exchange she loses the damage and crit gained from sniper. Her spear option is less desirable due to already having multiple spear units in silas and effie, but she's still strong as a spear user.

People may argue that Mozume is not S tier because you have to feed her exp early on and it takes effort to raise Mozume. I say that the effort on raising her vastly offset by how good she is as a combat unit, and the fact that it really doesn't take too much effort to raiser her levels. (Fight me)

A tier:

Kaze-You can train this guy to level 9 during the prologue chapters of the game. Comes back later,already caught up. Anti mage, OP skills like venom, replicate, lethality, and the + damage skill. Fastest unit in Nohr. Has access to a lot of anti-weapons. His low strength will relegate him into a clean-up killer or debuffer later on in the game. The fact that he can debuff, which is rare, also makes him really strong.

Effie-Early-mid game, she can one shot squishy units, while having godlike bulk at the same time. Needs 0 training. Late game, she acts as a wall. Her usefulness lasts the entire game, and she would be considered S tier if not for her shitty movement, low speed, and the fact that she kind of falls off later on as a combat unit. Her tankiness may start to be less effective compared to tankier units like Xander or Benny

Felicia-Second best availability in the game. Top tier support unit with shurikens/daggers and staves. She has these weird spikes where if you reclass her to Strategist, she does a lot of damage, and when she gets her magic shuriken, she becomes a strong combat unit, but the low might of her shuriken, her low bulk, and low growth rates leads her to falling in terms of damage potential later on. Still stays relevant as a support unit throughout the entire game. Better staffer than Elise due to being able to take more than one hit from anything(Fight me)
Xander-1-2 range weapon, high strength and high def. Has low speed. Good bulk and good strength, but he's not the top at either burst damaging or tanking. I didn't like Xander, some people think he's amazing, his position is debatable.

Niles-OP skills like pass and kunaibreaker, and he comes ready to wreck face during his recruitment chapter. His only problem is that he does fall off later on in the game, and other units become better combat units than he does due to his low strength.

Silas-Really strong availability. Strong for a huge portion of the game, but he ends up falling off. All his stats except magic are good, but he excels at nothing. He can double with tonics/rally/dance but his strength isn't that high, and his effectiveness can be stretched. Lacking the OP skills also hurts him as the game progresses.

B Tier:

Benny-Strong wall with the highest def growth in the game, while also having a very high res growth. Low movement and decent strength hurts him though. Godly tanking potential and being a strong combat unit may make him A tier.

Keaton-Comes with beast effectiveness and is useful with no training when he joins. Being stuck to one range kind of hurts, but being able to be bulky, being able to double with or without tonics/rally/dance and be sort of tanky at the same time makes keaton a very strong combat unit. May be A tier.

Leo-Your strongest parent magic user in the game. Decent bulk, but has shitty speed. Low skill, but he has high magic that can be made even higher with the Spirit dusts no1 wants.

Elise-She would be OP if she didn't get one shot. She's good for a good part of the game because she soaks up enemy staff uses, can ORKO, has high mov, and is one of the rare staff users in the early-mid game.

C Tier:

Selena-Only her and azura get rally speed. I guess you can use two heart seals to get rally speed on azura, but most likely if you do get rally speed, Selena is going to get it. Falls off hard as a combat unit and turns into a rally/support/staff bot.

Odin-Pair up/Daddy bot that scales poorly.

Shura-High base stats. He's a good support unit that gives mov with pair up, a rally, staff usage, lockpick, bows, and whatever.

Gunther-Rally defense is really strong, and he can be a rally defense bot/whatever.

Charlotte-Only decent axe user besides camila. Bad skill, bad bulk, but high damage and speed. Can get access to a rally, or high crit chance. Strong combat unit, but she's a growth unit. Debatable whether or not she's worth training up at the point in the game when she joins. Debatable where she stands.

Pieri-Growth unit that comes late and adds nothing to your team really. . . Her classes force her to be a combat unit, but she sucks as a combat unit compared to your other units and has bad bulk. She also needs babying which is annoying at that point in the game. Just outclassed.

Arthur-Support bot. Isn't strong enough to one shot, isn't strong enough to double, decent bulk, and almost no luck. It's hard to make him a combat unit despite his high availability. Outclassed by everyone above him.

D Tier:
Lazward-Comes with pretty strong bases but really low speed growth and getting decent strength and okay defense isn't cutting it.
Beruka-Outclassed. Other people do what she can do, but better.
Nyx-She is useful for a very few number of chapters in this game, but ultimately she is useless because of her bulk. Gets one shot by everything. Not worth it.
Jakob-I'm a man. I don't play female avatars. Comes too late in the game with low bases to be useful. Can be a staffer/kunai user, but other options are better.
Fiora-Comes too late in the game with low bases to be useful. She can be a staff bot/kunai user, but you already have so many options
Izana-Comes too late in the game with too low bases to be useful. There are better combat units/staffers than this guy. Rally magic is crap.
Edited by FatesLunatic

Short justifications woo. Minor spoilers within so don't look unless you're decently far into conquest. A good amount of this is theory based on what I've seen in game and data.

Also Jedi you scrub you forgot to add Azura to the Nohr survery. Oh well, anyone who gives her anything other than S is flat out wrong

Corrin: S - Available the whole game and is the most versatile unit, especially on Nohr since the Nohr noble skills are stupid good

Felicia: B - Available for the whole game, boosts the avatars damage and defense early and is one of the only Nohr staffers. Falls off hard midgme though

Jakob: B - See Felicia. I've heard GK Jakob is good but Nohr needs staves badly

Gunter: A (yesbias) - Best unit to support the avatar with how quickly he can gain actives for Corrin's Nohrian Trust and is solid for combat after his return despite his FE1 Jagen growths.

Silas: A - Solid for a huge portion of the game but sorta falls off. Still a good filler unit endgame no matter when hes promoted

Elise: B - Nohr staffer on a horse. She can't take a hit for crap and she'll promote with E tomes at late midgame or so, but she's the primary healer for a while

Effie: A - Solid offense with stupidly good growths though her defense won't be spectacular. She still tanks well enough all game. Low mobility early hurts her

Arthur: D - Solid HP and Def with decent stats in everything else, but that terrible luck means he's going to get critted often and will miss/get hit a lot.

Mozu: B - Needs a some resources and babying but she's Nohr's best bow user

Odin: D - Bad stats, personall skill, and growths. At least the Dark Mage starting skill is legit

Niles: A - Starts off well and is Nohr's only Locktouch user for a while. Falls off due to low str but is still decent for chip and fighting mages

Nyx: C - Well, she's not Odin

Camilla: S - Stupid good combat/bulk from the get go and has stupid good growths. Basically has claim to the Bolt Axe.

Selena: C - Mediocre to okay combat and can reclass into a flier, which Nohr is definitely lacking. Gets Rally Speed, which is pretty good

Beruka: C - A flier on Nohr, which is welcome. However, she has worse growths than Camilla. What.

Laslow: B - Rally 1 Str/Spd is kinda niche but welcome at times. His combat is alright but that unique rally always makes him a consideration when forming a squad

Peri: B - Good offensive growths, is on a horse, and has a ridiculous personal skill. Too bad her physical bulk is awful

Benny: B - His speed is forever bad but who cares when he takes no damage and the lvl 5 general skill prevents him from getting doubled.

Charlotte: B (nobias) - Tears apart bosses mid/lategame but needs babying. Has bad defense/res but amazing HP/str/spd. Dual club helps a lot.

Leo: S - A magical res tank on a horse with a damn good personal wep. Will cap magic but is lacking in speed.

Keaton: C - Holy moly that Str stat. Will one shot any beast. Doesn't do much else, though

Xander: S - He is your main physical tank for almost the entirety of the game after you get him. 27 base defense w/ his 1-2 range prf wep is no joke

Shura: B - Another locktouch user and staffer that is probably more worth it than the boots. Falls off combat wise but still has his uses all game.

Flora: C - The best user of Entrap, due to her surprisingly high skill. The thing has two uses but can win chapters

Izana: C - Rallybot and staffer you get for free with decent chip. His staff accuracy is something else so he uses Freeze/Enfeeble very well. Bad availability though.

Kaze: A - Nohr's only decent ninja, and we all know how good ninjas are. Bad bulk but amazing offense

Azura: S - Dancer that can also boost speed by 3 when she dances for someone. Can't take a hit for crap but who cares she's a dancer

Also Jedi you scrub you forgot to add Azura to the Nohr survery. Oh well, anyone who gives her anything other than S is flat out wrong

Whoops, I added her now, thanks for catching that Megabatter. :P: