Fates Character Opinions Survey Tier List; Revelations Survey Up

Jedi

After 56 voters (53 actually, since 3 technically didn't fill out the form), I'd say we have an assumed tier list to discuss.

SF Fan-built Revelation Tier List

S fefates-icon-kamui.jpgfefates-icon-ryoma.jpgfefates-icon-camilla.jpgfefates-icon-xander.jpg

Afefates-icon-takumi.jpgfefates-icon-azura.jpgfefates-icon-leo.jpgfefates-icon-jakob.jpg[Ch. 2]

Bfefates-icon-sakura.jpgfefates-icon-oboro.jpgfefates-icon-felicia.jpg[Ch. 2]fefates-icon-flannel.jpgfefates-icon-kaze.jpgfefates-icon-nishiki.jpgfefates-icon-asyura.jpgfefates-icon-hinoka.jpgfefates-icon-silas.jpgfefates-icon-kagerou.jpgfefates-icon-fugga.jpg

Cfefates-icon-yuugiri.jpgfefates-icon-saizou.jpgfefates-icon-tsukuyomi.jpgfefates-icon-elise.jpgfefates-icon-subaki.jpgfefates-icon-berka.jpg

Dfefates-icon-hinata.jpgfefates-icon-flora.jpgfefates-icon-hana.jpgfefates-icon-luna.jpgfefates-icon-effie.jpg

Efefates-icon-felicia.jpg* fefates-icon-benoit.jpgfefates-icon-charlotte.jpgfefates-icon-mozume.jpgfefates-icon-gunter.jpgfefates-icon-orochi.jpgfefates-icon-zero.jpgfefates-icon-asama.jpgfefates-icon-jakob.jpg*

*Both Felicia and Jakob here are assumed as Ch15+ recruited

Ffefates-icon-rinkah.jpgfefates-icon-lazward.jpgfefates-icon-pieri.jpgfefates-icon-setsuna.jpgfefates-icon-arthur.jpg

Wendyfefates-icon-nyx.jpgfefates-icon-odin.jpg

[spoiler=Actual Results]

Corrin/Avatar 3.846153846

Ryoma 3.74

Camilla 3.734693878

Xander 3.54

Takumi 3.5

Azura 3.38

Leo 3.22

Jakob (Chapter 2) 3.106382979

Sakura 2.98

Oboro 2.959183673

Felicia (Chapter 2) 2.92

Keaton 2.92

Kaze 2.836734694

Kaden 2.770833333

Shura 2.739130435

Hinoka 2.729166667

Silas 2.717391304

Kagero 2.695652174

Fuga 2.533333333

Reina 2.477272727

Saizo 2.468085106

Hayato 2.456521739

Elise 2.4

Subaki 2.142857143

Beruka 2.113636364

Hinata 2

Flora 1.972972973

Hana 1.959183673

Selena 1.956521739

Effie 1.565217391

Felicia (Post-Chapter 15) 1.43902439

Benny 1.325581395

Charlotte 1.318181818

Mozu 1.260869565

Gunther 1.191489362

Orochi 1.14893617

Niles 1.145833333

Azama 1.090909091

Jakob (Post-Chapter 15) 1.069767442

Rinkah 0.9583333333

Laslow 0.9574468085

Peri 0.9302325581

Setsuna 0.7826086957

Arthur 0.7608695652

Nyx 0.5531914894

Odin 0.46

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She needs 6 level-ups in order to Shove people, and said level-ups are hard to get. In contrast, Hinata only needs one level-up after a reclass, and Oboro can start using Swap right away.

She needs 6 level-ups in order to Shove people, and said level-ups are hard to get. In contrast, Hinata only needs one level-up after a reclass, and Oboro can start using Swap right away.

Those are not chapter 14 joiners

Unless I'm remembering the chapter number wrong--I'm talking about Effie/Arthur/Charlotte/Benny.

I'm still baffled at the levels at which certain characters join; if Odin dies in one hit and Nyx deals three damage to a General in the chapters that they join, then something's obviously off.

Xander is even more overrated than he is on the Conquest list.

How so? The dude is a monster; I honestly don't know what I'd do without him in both routes.

KFC is OP, but he's kinda awkward in some of the early chapter after his jointime

16 nothing kills him and damage him which make map progression kinda awkward

17 is filled with enemies with WTA against Siegfried. Maybe this is solved by using Forged Javelin or something like that

18, i won't deny he's a god here

19 is filled with Beastslayers. Theres only 1 Beastslayer which is better off used by Camillance

20 is pretty much flier zone from what i saw, which locks him from Siegfried past the Defense boost

Also might be just me but even with Charlotte support, Xander tend to not double some enemies but this is a random musing instead of an actual flaw since he OHKO everything most of the time

Edited by JSND

Now not having played Revelations myself, I heard the balance is REALLY WONKY, its very apparent with the scores we got too.

(I need to play Rev so I can put in my own votes like I did with BR and CQ)

Now not having played Revelations myself, I heard the balance is REALLY WONKY, its very apparent with the scores we got too.

(I need to play Rev so I can put in my own votes like I did with BR and CQ)

That's an understatement. The best example is Shura joining in the same chapter as Nyx. He's a level 10 promoted class and she's level nine and unpromoted. I don't remember which chapter it was exactly, but I do know that level nine is very low by that point in time - of course, a few chapters later and Odin joins as level 12, so you know...yeah, the levels are all over the place.

That's an understatement. The best example is Shura joining in the same chapter as Nyx. He's a level 10 promoted class and she's level nine and unpromoted. I don't remember which chapter it was exactly, but I do know that level nine is very low by that point in time - of course, a few chapters later and Odin joins as level 12, so you know...yeah, the levels are all over the place.

Oh goodness, I did understate it haha, thanks for the clarification.

A lot of issues with the Rev list. Camilla is pretty easily better than both Ryoma and Xander here since her join time is way better than theirs and her flight for the latter half of the game. No reason for Azura not to be S-tier and no way Takumi is better.

Keeping it more brief Oboro, Hinoka, Saizo, Elise, Effie, Benny, Charlotte, Mozu, Niles, Azama are all too high. Fuga, Reina, Hayato, Hinata, Rinka, Laslow, and Peri are all too low. Gunter could probably go up as well. Forceful Partner is doing way more than most of these units are.

If Gunter gets his credit mostly from his support bonuses, mainly to Avatar, shouldn't Charlotte be pretty high up for doing the same for Xander or whoever else she is acting like pair-up fodder for? I mean the roles are nearly identical.

Looking at the Conquest tier list, I feel like most people underrate Peri so hard. If you are able to get her out of her bases (which are not event that bad), her growths and her personal skills make her a killing machine. She may be a bit squishier than Silas or Xander, but offensively, she's miles ahead of them. She will double (and kill) almost everything sans generals on the final chapter. She's also a great parent for basically anyone IMO.

Looking at the Conquest tier list, I feel like most people underrate Peri so hard. If you are able to get her out of her bases (which are not event that bad), her growths and her personal skills make her a killing machine. She may be a bit squishier than Silas or Xander, but offensively, she's miles ahead of them. She will double (and kill) almost everything sans generals on the final chapter. She's also a great parent for basically anyone IMO.

We're talking gameplay here, right?

Really? I like Oboro too, but I have a hard time hyping her as a unit. I mean, she joins after Hinoka and has worse base stats almost across the board, plus I'd certainly argue that Sky Knight is a better class than Spear Fighter (but hey, if you disagree, guess what Hinoka's Heart Seal option is...). I mean this doesn't even mean Oboro isn't worth using, just that she isn't top-tier.

Oboro (From what I remember/experienced) has really good Def (and Res?) growths. After a few levels (Plus possibly giving her Hinoka's Guard Naginata(Granted, Hinoka kinda needs it more, being a Peg)) she takes almost no damage from enemies, and can do a boat-load of damage back.

And having Seal Defense (and Speed, once promoted (and Rend Heaven)) without using a Heart Seal is pretty nice honestly. If she doesn't kill, then you bet whoever attacks them next will. Granted, that's more about the class, not Oboro.

Its probably also because I married her to my MU on my first Birthright playthrough.

She also doesn't have that Bow weakness. (Or Beast unit in almost endgame, since a good amount of enemies have Beast Killers (Or in the Wolfskin chapter, cause Beastbane), but Granted, by that point Heart Seals are much easier to get.)

Edited by TrueEm

Here's what I rated everyone (I think):

S: Corn, Ryoma, Camilla, Xander, Aqua and Takumi

A: Leo, Ch.2 Felicia and Jakob, Keaton, Kaden, Silas, Shura and Fuga

A-: Reina. That's not an actual rating though, so I simply said that I was unsure for her.

B: Sakura, Oboro, Hinata, Kagero, Kaze, Hayato, Selena, Beruka, Saizo, Hana, Subaki & Gunter

C: Flora, Chapter 15 Jakob, & Felicia, Rinkah, and Elise

C-: Laslow, Peri, Setsuna, Azama, Hinoka and Niles (I rated all of these a C in the poll though)

D: Mozume, Benny, Charlotte, Nyx, Odin, Orochi, Effie and Arthur

So, basically: *Rinkah is waaaaay too low. She's nowhere near as bad as Laslow, Peri and Niles.

*Hayato is also too low. He's much better here than he was in Birthright.

*Why's Fuga only a B? Sure, his growths suck, but his bases are great and he's useful from the moment you get him.

*I find it kinda sad that Selena and Hana are in the same tier as Effie. They both join at reasonable levels pre-chapter 14, so they're much more workable than our pink knight friend.

*Reina's better than Saizo, so I'm not satisfied that they're in the same tier either.

I'm pretty sucky at rating units though, so if you see anything wrong with my list, feel free to let me know.

Edited by Matt-hue

Idk about you guys ranking Saizou lower than Kagero. I honestly think Saizo is better as his growths are better, his high skill ensures that his attacks usually hit (plus skills will most likely proc), and he has a decent bulk backed up by pretty solid bases. Kagero can deal massive damage, but Saizo can deal nearly as much while managing to hit more. Even if his Res growth and base isn't as good, Saizo is useful against a wider range opponents, while Kagero is mostly an anti-mage (My Saizo can usually take on physical units like Heroes or Pallies).

Is it possible that the OP or a mod could edit the agreed-upon list in the top post and then designate a particular post in the thread as a start to a new discussion?

I am suggesting this because this is a method I have seen used pretty effectively over at Smogon University in terms of creating viability rankings for competitive Pokemon within each Smogon tier. The OP would have the list on the first post and will keep updating it pending discussion from others in the thread. It also helps in terms of allowing new people participate in the conversation in that they can jump immediately to the post (ex. this post is #271) and participate in the conversation as well.

Hope this helps :)

• 2 years later...