Fates Character Opinions Survey Tier List; Revelations Survey Up

Jedi

You do a 5 turn 3 village with more exp gain on ch8 by rigging 2 freezestave misses on silias. You dont need +move on any other unit.

Edit: he doenst nos on his join/mozu's chapter thats actual squishy time but he gains a whole level on turns one and 2 of ch9 along with another from soloing the archer mooks in the boss area for giggles, eats the left side of 10 where orb can put things into easy orko range, walks up the entire hex stave side of hana's chapter to get a chest with a mid chapter heart sealed outlaw!nyx (he actually needs to lose her mag adds to do his job in scarlets chapter) and ophy needs the +1 move), eats the archer group on 12, eats takasshats entire armor knight brigade and gains a lot of non kill comat exp. It snowballs quickly.

as for ch 8, position everyone but silias to drag the turn 2 village swarm into murderball of a clump (useful for triggering silias), kill with odin chain dual strikes off of him, get another kill on EP as the last axe fighter is magnetically drawn to him as long as niles is out of his range, ding, go kill the lake mooks with odin elsie and niles on turns 4-5/5ep, ding, silias ep's boss.

Edited by joshcja

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only S-rank units are the Avatar and Ryoma, in my opinion. The Yato, no matter which form it takes, is just too good. The Raijinto barely trails behind, but Ryoma's evade and crit are so crazy high he can clear entire maps for you without you even using your brain.

All the other royals except Leon are a solid A. Leon hits hard, but it's only ever one hit, since he can't double for his life, so he needs support to actually get kills. Other A ranks in my opinion are Kazahana, Kagerou, Oboro, Effie, Keaton and Beruka. Benny could have been A, but in Conquest, Effie is the better pick imo.

I actually put Felicia as B and Jakob as C. They basically have two gimmicks: Tomebreaker and Live to Serve. But since Felicia has decent Magic, she works better as a healer.

The only D ranks are Arthur and Gunther for me. Essentially, Arthur is in his own tier of suck.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

The only S-rank units are the Avatar and Ryoma, in my opinion. The Yato, no matter which form it takes, is just too good. The Raijinto barely trails behind, but Ryoma's evade and crit are so crazy high he can clear entire maps for you without you even using your brain.

All the other royals except Leon are a solid A. Leon hits hard, but it's only ever one hit, since he can't double for his life, so he needs support to actually get kills. Other A ranks in my opinion are Kazahana, Kagerou, Oboro, Effie, Keaton and Beruka. Benny could have been A, but in Conquest, Effie is the better pick imo.

I actually put Felicia as B and Jakob as C. They basically have two gimmicks: Tomebreaker and Live to Serve. But since Felicia has decent Magic, she works better as a healer.

The only D ranks are Arthur and Gunther for me. Essentially, Arthur is in his own tier of suck.

Poor guy. XD I like Arthur as a character, but his status as a reset hazard is something I can't ignore.

Poor guy. XD I like Arthur as a character, but his status as a reset hazard is something I can't ignore.

His actual growths aren't too hot either. He can't land a hit on anything, just like Charlotte, but Charlotte hits crazy hard and is super fast. Arthur is like a worse Vaike, and unlike Vaike, Arthur can't reclass to something like Barbarian to save him.

His actual growths aren't too hot either. He can't land a hit on anything, just like Charlotte, but Charlotte hits crazy hard and is super fast. Arthur is like a worse Vaike, and unlike Vaike, Arthur can't reclass to something like Barbarian to save him.

He does have the option of Dreadfighter, which gives him a nice boost right out the gate I've heard.

He does have the option of Dreadfighter, which gives him a nice boost right out the gate I've heard.

Those promo items are so busted lol.

Leo has access to the Lightning tome, which is probably the only Brave weapon you can realistically get during a playthrough. It was extremely useful for chapter 20 against those Wary Fighter Stoneborn. He seems like a solid A.

Yeah, I'm sure even Mozu could make a half-decent Dread Fighter if you wanted. That said, it doesn't sound like a bad idea for Arthur since he gets to keep his Axe rank and Kunai would give him a nice 1-2 range option (which would also help mitigate the possible counter-attacks he faces, thus reducing the chance he gets insta-blicked).

The thing with Arthur is,

You want to give him Gamble, since it syncs with his Personal skill (and Zerker class, if he goes that route). The -10 hit on an already shaky unit is difficult to work with though. If you reclass him to Dread Fighter, you're probably better off pulling Gamble, or just reclassing him super early, for the additional move and additional +10 hit. I mean, if you're using a Bronze Axe, you're already not critting.

Without gamble he averages 80s with intelligent play and that's not half bad compared to 70s, in a game where 85+ is like the standard you're hoping for.

Kunai gives him accurate 1~2 and lets him counter mages really hard, with his high HP and DF giving him nice res and Anti-Mag skills. Keeping the Axe rank lets him tote around a forged Iron and that's really all he needs for about ever.

Not that many other people want to go Dread Fighter: Jakob prefers GK for the absurd bonuses, Felicia wants to keep her staff and use that Flame shuriken. Kaze and Charlotte are the only other real competition for Dread scrolls before getting to kids, primarily because carrying in a weapon rank at their point in the game is almost necessary to have them keep up unless you're just gonna forge shit

Edited by Elieson

I still vouch for Arthur being better than Charlotte. At least he doesn't get 2hkoed while having shaky hit.

But getting 3HKOed while facing crit chances is just as bad in my book... (Okay, so he might be better off than that, but his facing crit chances pretty much ruins the entire package)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Leo has access to the Lightning tome, which is probably the only Brave weapon you can realistically get during a playthrough. It was extremely useful for chapter 20 against those Wary Fighter Stoneborn. He seems like a solid A.

Every magic unit does well when they're using Lightning. But the stat decay means it can't be your main form of attack, so Leon is either working at decreased capacity every other turn (like Slaking lol) or is doing consistent damage that isn't enough to kill. Xander shares a similar problem, but is much tankier, and Siegfried is really good.

Maybe that'll work. I'll try it out next time, or fool around postgame maybe.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

The thing with Arthur is,

You want to give him Gamble, since it syncs with his Personal skill (and Zerker class, if he goes that route). The -10 hit on an already shaky unit is difficult to work with though. If you reclass him to Dread Fighter, you're probably better off pulling Gamble, or just reclassing him super early, for the additional move and additional +10 hit. I mean, if you're using a Bronze Axe, you're already not critting.

Without gamble he averages 80s with intelligent play and that's not half bad compared to 70s, in a game where 85+ is like the standard you're hoping for.

Kunai gives him accurate 1~2 and lets him counter mages really hard, with his high HP and DF giving him nice res and Anti-Mag skills. Keeping the Axe rank lets him tote around a forged Iron and that's really all he needs for about ever.

Not that many other people want to go Dread Fighter: Jakob prefers GK for the absurd bonuses, Felicia wants to keep her staff and use that Flame shuriken. Kaze and Charlotte are the only other real competition for Dread scrolls before getting to kids, primarily because carrying in a weapon rank at their point in the game is almost necessary to have them keep up unless you're just gonna forge shit

Thanks for the clarifications, it helps put it out in the open.

But getting 3HKOed while facing crit chances is just as bad in my book... (Okay, so he might be better off than that, but his facing crit chances pretty much ruins the entire package)

Why are you still trying to discuss something you haven't played...

What are Benny and Charlotte doing so high, anyway? I haven't bothered using either of them, but they seem pretty awful. Charlotte looks salvageable, but I can't imagine Benny doing anything productive without a quick promotion to Great Knight, but then he's just a worse Gunter at that point.

Edit: Now that I'm looking at their stats, he wouldn't actually be that much worse than Gunter, he loses 2 Speed and a lot of Skill, but he does have slightly higher Defense and Res. ...Man, Gunter sucks.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Give him the early Goddess Icon and at worst you're facing like 2% crit chances in situations where if you're having Arthur attack in the first place, he's going to KO or chip safely with the Hand Axe. Nobody else wants it except -LUK Corrin.

He thrives on killing chipped units and unless you leave yourself open, your Arthur likely won't be out there tanking hits from crit-heavy enemytypes.

Edited by Elieson

Not sure how arthurs growths are bad, 70% skill ties for the highest growth in the game, fat as hell atk/def/hp and enough speed to never get doubled.

Arthurs bases are pretty mediocore but his growths are minmaxed as hell.

Edit: When the hell did low luck unit AI manipulation become "bad for baiting"???

Edited by joshcja

What are Benny and Charlotte doing so high, anyway? I haven't bothered using either of them, but they seem pretty awful. Charlotte looks salvageable, but I can't imagine Benny doing anything productive without a quick promotion to Great Knight, but then he's just a worse Gunter at that point.

Edit: Now that I'm looking at their stats, he wouldn't actually be that much worse than Gunter, he loses 2 Speed and a lot of Skill, but he does have slightly higher Defense and Res. ...Man, Gunter sucks.

Benny doesn't have really good Strength, but he is notable for not only having high Def but Res as well. Combined with Defensive Formation, Luna (with his good Skill) and Pavise, he's a pretty solid tank.

I still vouch for Arthur being better than Charlotte. At least he doesn't get 2hkoed while having shaky hit.

Eh, it depends on your positioning. Charlotte and Arthur are two of the worst units for baiting approaches, in my opinion, so I'd much rather have Charlotte's damage and crit rate than a mediocore Arthur. Personal preference is what it all comes down to in the end.

Does Arthur's personal skill come into effect when he's behind Guard Stance? If so their shouldn't even be a question as to whether or not he's better than Charlotte.

If not, I know for a fact it should work in Attack Stance.

Every magic unit does well when they're using Lightning. But the stat decay means it can't be your main form of attack, so Leon is either working at decreased capacity every other turn (like Slaking lol) or is doing consistent damage that isn't enough to kill. Xander shares a similar problem, but is much tankier, and Siegfried is really good.

Maybe that'll work. I'll try it out next time, or fool around postgame maybe.

That is absolutely not true. Elise and Corrin are not going to be reaching C rank in tomes anytime soon and Camilla is only going to be tickling the enemy with her low magic. Lightning is meant to remove a specific target like a Wary Fighter user or a an enemy with with seal skill. Leo is the best user of it since his magic is high enough to not be completely useless afterwards. He has no competition for it.

Benny doesn't have really good Strength, but he is notable for not only having high Def but Res as well. Combined with Defensive Formation, Luna (with his good Skill) and Pavise, he's a pretty solid tank.

Getting hit twice happens all the time on Conquest and either you're getting Def debuffs from a Ninja or getting outright damaged by other units.

His base speed is neigh unsalvagable and with the ease of enemy dual attacks, he's not tanking them all that well in Hoshido as long as Ninjas exist. Hell, don't the Steel Axe wyverns double him in his starting chapter for 7 or 8? that's 2RKO and he isn't doing that much in return.

Does Arthur's personal skill come into effect when he's behind Guard Stance? If so their shouldn't even be a question as to whether or not he's better than Charlotte.

From what I've read, nope.

Leo's easily S up there with Cam, Corncob, Xander, and Azura tbh. With speedwings and C10 Draco he's basically res-targeting Xander. Physical bulk isn't quite as ridiculous but he has high res and good def along with a huge HP count.

Do we really need a unit that does nothing but take hits, though? Besides, we already have Effie, Silas, Xander and Dragon!Corrin tanking fairly well as is, not to mention Leo and Camilla aren't exactly fragile, either. Yeah, he may have more bulk (especially Resistance) than some of the units I mentioned, but they have far more utility.

That is absolutely not true. Elise and Corrin are not going to be reaching C rank in tomes anytime soon and Camilla is only going to be tickling the enemy with her low magic. Lightning is meant to remove a specific target like a Wary Fighter user or a an enemy with with seal skill. Leo is the best user of it since his magic is high enough to not be completely useless afterwards. He has no competition for it.

I'm pretty sure aura skills like his don't activate when he's in Guard Stance, but I haven't tested it. It'd be kinda OP if aura skills work even when the units are inactive in the field.

What you said is true, but still, Leon is still only good in the niche you mentioned; I believe what I said about him still stands. I don't think he's good enough to be A rank because he's a good choice in only the situations you brought up.

Getting hit twice happens all the time on Conquest and either you're getting Def debuffs from a Ninja or getting outright damaged by other units.

His base speed is neigh unsalvagable and with the ease of enemy dual attacks, he's not tanking them all that well in Hoshido as long as Ninjas exist. Hell, don't the Steel Axe wyverns double him in his starting chapter for 7 or 8? that's 2RKO and he isn't doing that much in return.

That's why he's not A in Conquest. I even dropped him in Conquest.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Edit: When the hell did low luck unit AI manipulation become "bad for baiting"???

Why in the seven hells would you want a low luck unit to "manipulate the AI", knowing full damn well that the worst case scenario just might mean a reset??? :facepalm:

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia