Saving Private Rinkah

Wayward Alchemist

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berserker is fine--just don't go into it right away. Take a buildup until 20/5 for the crit skill then go Berserker. By that time you have enough defense buildup you'll still take about no damage even in Birthright Lunatic and you'll get a huge HP boost. It's pretty great.

But you can also just use pairup and tonics.

I've liveblogged my experience in turning Rinkah into god. Her biggest problem is her start. Once you use some tonics to get her out of her poor bases it's not that bad. You do not have to do half the shit I did--I merely do not go halfway when I do favortism.

Mages will always be a problem for her regardless of class. For that, just throw Hinoka at them instead.

Rinka sucks. Just drop her.

No u suck

Edited by Thor Odinson

No u suck

i kno u r but what am I

@Esme I'm aware of that, but if I had any intentions of doing so I wouldn't have made this thread.

You're right.

I'd take Thor's advice, then. She's the only person I know who has used Rinka enough to actually know what the hell to do with her.

@Esme I'm aware of that, but if I had any intentions of doing so I wouldn't have made this thread.

Thanks, Thor. Is there anything else in particular she benefits from?

Well if you're nuts like me you could always give her both SE Dragon Herbs, but that's not really unnecessary (I did end up ORKOing everything with her in C7 Lunatic after Tonics and Dragon Herbs it's so funny) . C7 Seraph Robe is a good one on her, though, since it boosts her defensive capabilities.

But to also get her the kills she needs to start rolling in the first place, I set up about 2 kills for her at the end of C4 after you save the sisters, I gave her 2 mage kills in C5 because my Kaze doesn't quite cleanly ORKO them even after a pairup from her, and in C6 I set her up a Leo kill with a Takumi attack stance and a Xander kill with a Ryoma attack stance. That gets her lv 7 going into chapter 7. Technically I did dick around enough and got her a +2 Iron axe forge (once she's out of E rank hell) but I didn't even use it until like chapter 17 or so, haha--actually ended up using bronzes for a while because I was able to get her offense high enough to work bronze.

I found her defense really nice to have for chapter 9, as well.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Huh, forgot about the Dragon Herbs. That would get her about as much Str as I have gotten for her in my other Hosh file, truth be told... Also I did the Seraph Robe and it was awesome.

On another note, how bad was your Kanna?

Not bad at all--if I wanted to use her. The only child I really cared about was Shiro, and Kana provided Shiro with the bonuses I wanted + I wanna get him the Berserker skills in postgame so I can grab them later lol

But if I were to actually used Kana, her bases at 20/8 is perfectly fine.

I really like Berserker Rinkah, though. Shame I won't get that every run because there's only one corn to go around, but at least I got HP+5/Axefaire saved for posterity. I did this on Lunatic I deserve to use it hereafter

OH Also try to activate flame blood whenever you can. that +4 is beautiful.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah I learned about her Personal in Ch.7 when I was training Kaze some more by luring all of the scrubs into the hallway while Corn destroyed everything else. Kaze took a serious hit and Sakura was elsewhere so as a panic button I switched to a Rinkah who had leveled up (got +1 HP) and she was actually putting a dent in the Fighters.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Lmao I thought I was good at favoritism. Lumi's Rinka is incredible.

Walling with a bunch of Spear Masters with their Def/Speed seal makes things extra hilarious.

45 damage in a single hit, baby~

Edited by Thor Odinson

Did you even wind up needing Corn? That Rinkah is nuts.

I mean Corn's entire job is just to get Berserker to her so in IK I wouldn't need Corn since I don't reclass her rightaway anyway and a Charlotte A+ will suffice in Revelation. Berserker itself isn't even strictly necessary (although HP+5 and Axefaire are VERY nice on her) so much as I just really wanted 100% crit hilarity.

I got my 100% crit hilarity. This is so funny.

tumblr_inline_o34w4vnYbg1rtdtxt_400.jpg

Corn's useful, though. Highest damage on the final boss and all. Facilitates the 1 turn in 28 by doing a whooping 48 damage on him (24x2). Rinkah's Zerker pairup here is really great since it's just str and spd.

Edited by Thor Odinson

That's awesome. Did you ever reach S-Rank Axes or no?

Unfortunately, no. I ended the game a little mid-way through A. Not that it really mattered because the S rank Axe is in Nohr and not Hoshido anyway.

Ryoma's my only S rank character and Hakagure is situationally useful if I want him to dodgetank things that doesn't have WTD on him. Takumi and Hinoka both are the closest to S on their respective weapons (I ran Spearmaster Hinoka, A+ decision), but they're not quite there yet either.

I also like Scarlet's Killer Axe on her because Great Club only really has good hit on lance and shuriken units--sometimes axe units too. It's about 80% crit with KA so it's not as reliably critting, but she still doubles so it's 2 shots at critting someone's face in anyway, and it has higher mt than unforged GC. If flame blood is not active, sometimes I'd pick KA over GC for Rinka's armor deleter. Hammer is an ORKO, while KA crit is an OHKO and saves her from eating a counter, since Generals actually sometimes do more than just single digit damage to her--but that's more Generals having high mt than anything, anyway. Scarlet's crit's not reliable, so Hammer works better for her.

Though I guess I also like to trade around Rinkah and Scarlet's inventories depending on the job I want either of them to do.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'd say Thor's setup is pretty good. I've been using Rinka on my Hoshido Lunatic playthrough and she's still really good a taking hits even without giving her any herbs. She's pretty much the best tank so far out of my Hoshido/Nohr playthrough besides my Nosferatu Odin (I'm at CH14 on both.) So yeah, she is far from being useless even if she doesn't nab as many kills since the she does enough damage to let my weaker unit get some training in and possibly participate in the battle for even more exp, and thus still leveling reliably even if it's at a slower rate. However I did put some favoritism towards her in the early chapters to where she was slightly overleveled compared to all my other units barring Kamui.

AssSmacker +1 is also a godsend. That's a +1 forge on the throwing club, for reference.

Works well since my Rinkah was pretty overlevelled too from just tanking everything--and since that thing can't double but hits ranged, it's pretty sweet for everyone else to just do cleanup duty from there.

It's also what I used to pull off that 45 damage lategame :B

Edited by Thor Odinson

AssSmacker +1 is also a godsend. That's a +1 forge on the throwing club, for reference.

Works well since my Rinkah was pretty overlevelled too from just tanking everything--and since that thing can't double but hits ranged, it's pretty sweet for everyone else to just do cleanup duty from there.

It's also what I used to pull off that 45 damage lategame :B

Do you think your Rinka will also work on the Invisible Kingdom/Revelations path.?

Do you think your Rinka will also work on the Invisible Kingdom/Revelations path.?

Possibly more so because you don't even need to tape Corn to her that way, which frees up Corn to do something else. The principle for earlygame is the same--Boost her out of bad-bases hell with tonics and boosters, and given exp decay she shouldn't be 20/5 yet when Charlotte joins. Tape Charlotte to Rinkah and get Berserker (it's even faster bc you only need an A and not S which saves 2 chapters). Reclass after 20/5 if you don't care about Smithy and 20/6 if you do.

The general idea is fix her bases--which is a universal solution (this is also the same principle for Dread Fighter Rinkah--since that gives her promoted class bases--though I haven't really done it that way personally--I don't just want a usable Rinkah I want a god tier Rinkah), grab the +crit skill, and go maximum crit once you're tanky as fuck on the defense end and start building more offense and bulk on the HP end.

Edited by Thor Odinson

One thing that continually mystifies me is how people keep looking at Rinkah, seeing her not so great strength, and dismissing her as bad. Do people just see her as an axe user and immediately assume that she's supposed to be an offensive unit?

I treat her like I would treat a Knight or General, and she excels at that role. Great defense, speed is enough to not get doubled except against the faster enemy types which then do negligent damage anyway, and she has decent enough damage, even if she can't kill on her own, that's not her job. She tanks the hits on the enemy's turn, so that I can then finish the enemies who are now within my range on my turn.

There's some interesting stuff here about maximizing her potential as a Berserker. In Birthright I just use Rinkah and Great Knight Silas as frontline tanks (though Silas doubles and kills most enemies with ease anyway). I suppose GK Silas is better in that role as well due to being much faster so that he can often double, as well as mobility, but having two tanks is nice.

Edited by XaosLogos