Saving Private Rinkah

Wayward Alchemist

I went Blacksmith!RInkah to fix her screwed skill. I'm questioning that 50% growth rate.

Her DEF is staying on point so far, with her speed falling a bit behind. But she definitely still can successfully tank as Blacksmith.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the idea of Dread Fighter to Blacksmith because she can practice both swords and axes and continue to use after class changing again. Hopefully I won't be gimping her Defense too much.

Blacksmith loses shuriken access.

It's either stay a Dread Fighter or reclass to Master Ninja imho. Rinkah's base E rank axes is just asking for her to be used as a kunai user if you're using her in the first place.

Imo E-D isn't that big of a deal. She hit D axes in either chapter 7 or 8 for me. Definitely before 9, because I had a Throwing Mace +1 forge made for her by 9.

If you're using Rinkah before chapter 7 she'll have some buildup. Not saying Shuriken Rinkah isn't a valid way to use her but there isn't only one singular valid build.

Like I'm personally not a fan of MN since a lot of my gripes about Rinkah's strength is more character-based than anything and while I'm aware that Kunaifaire + Aggressor is a hell lot of free damage it bothers me

Edited by Thor Odinson

Imo E-D isn't that big of a deal. She hit D axes in either chapter 7 or 8 for me. Definitely before 9, because I had a Throwing Mace +1 forge made for her by 9.

If you're using Rinkah before chapter 7 she'll have some buildup. Not saying Shuriken Rinkah isn't a valid way to use her but there isn't only one singular valid build.

Like I'm personally not a fan of MN since a lot of my gripes about Rinkah's strength is more character-based than anything and while I'm aware that Kunaifaire + Aggressor is a hell lot of free damage it bothers me

As I'm making this for single player only, most of my characters won't be hitting 20/15 until end game at best, so I'm not as concerned about how level 15 skills factor into the build.

Yeah definitely. Even with 7 child paralogues I think only really Rinkah, Ryoma (an outlier), and....maybe Hinoka and/or Shiro? Got to lv 15 or over before 27. Not even Corn, he was 14.

And I used Rinkah quite heavy-handedly. I mean that's what happens when you have a 54hp/29def berserker who basically can't die right

You are also totally free to hit up my castle for HP+5/Axefaire now that I went and did Berserker first day for everyone

Whoops, put her as Blacksmith first and planned on ending in Oni Chief... oh well, I'll just get some more money. Birthright has Inifinite Moolah Works.

15zfcjd.gif

I'll be hitting up your castle soon.

I somehow got a hacked Rinkah skill - Aptitude. I'm not into hacks much but it was too tempting.

Whoops, put her as Blacksmith first and planned on ending in Oni Chief... oh well, I'll just get some more money. Birthright has Inifinite Moolah Works.

15zfcjd.gif

I'll be hitting up your castle soon.

I somehow got a hacked Rinkah skill - Aptitude. I'm not into hacks much but it was too tempting.

Considering Mozume has better or equal growths in everything but magic and defense, I'd say Rinka is more deserving of Aptitude.

Haha, a reason why I pulled the Berserker shit first run is "well, if I went ahead and did this for Rinkah first run on Lunatic nogrind, I deserve to have HP+5/Axefaire available to her for the rest of eternity"

I earned this, man.

Haha, a reason why I pulled the Berserker shit first run is "well, if I went ahead and did this for Rinkah first run on Lunatic nogrind, I deserve to have HP+5/Axefaire available to her for the rest of eternity"

I earned this, man.

Yup, just got Axefaire. and left a prince crown iirc

So how worthwhile is putting all this effort into Rinkah compared to someone else? Is it actually worth the effort compared to putting all those resources into other characters, or should you only go that far if you really want to use Rinkah?

So how worthwhile is putting all this effort into Rinkah compared to someone else? Is it actually worth the effort compared to putting all those resources into other characters, or should you only go that far if you really want to use Rinkah?

For me training Rinkah wasn't as hard as I expected. I had her mostly with Oboro.

I mean for what I put into Rinkah I got an indestructible (we don't talk about mages, that's Hinoka and Kaze's job, shhhh) wall that deals a ton of damage so I reaped the effects pretty well, and fwiw Rinkah's one of the few who can really run Berserker+Death Blow 100% Crit build in Birthright (since Hinata and Hayato get a even later start on axe rank even if you give it to them) and it's just really fucking funny. Birthright has a lot of resources. Considering I was very recklessly making forges (for everyone, not just Rinkah, Kaze's the one with the +3 Iron Shuriken--which is doable thanks to Rinkah's Salvage Blow, by the way) and still had a shitton of money left over, 3 tonics is nothing to get her started on and if you want to use her for anything resembling a tank she goes a long way with the chapter 7 robe. Tonics are literally 150g each. They're hardly ridiculous. Dread Scrolls are also free if you want to go that route--SE/having 2 routes gives you two free and Battle of the Strongest Royal is with a separate fixed team anyway.

Midgame especially was just me tossing Rinkah really haphazardly at anything that isn't magic and shrugging them off. Bait and swarm is a strat I often use, so Rinkah's bulk really facilitates that well since she can pull entire groups without much trouble.

I did this because I love Rinkah, but in doing so I found she's a lot better than what people give her credit for.

For the record I made her a +2 axe forge really early on that I didn't even use until chapter 17(it was so overkill I ended up making her use bronze anyway) just for the lulz, and I still felt I had a lot of money to spare. A couple of partner seals around as late as chapter 20? That's nothing.

TBH nobody you feed is gonna be as good as Ryoma anyway so just feed whoever the fuck you like

Edited by Thor Odinson

I mean for what I put into Rinkah I got an indestructible (we don't talk about mages, that's Hinoka and Kaze's job, shhhh) wall that deals a ton of damage so I reaped the effects pretty well, and fwiw Rinkah's one of the few who can really run Berserker+Death Blow 100% Crit build in Birthright (since Hinata and Hayato get a even later start on axe rank even if you give it to them) and it's just really fucking funny. Birthright has a lot of resources. Considering I was very recklessly making forges (for everyone, not just Rinkah, Kaze's the one with the +3 Iron Shuriken--which is doable thanks to Rinkah's Salvage Blow, by the way) and still had a shitton of money left over, 3 tonics is nothing to get her started on and if you want to use her for anything resembling a tank she goes a long way with the chapter 7 robe. Tonics are literally 150g each. They're hardly ridiculous. Dread Scrolls are also free if you want to go that route--SE/having 2 routes gives you two free and Battle of the Strongest Royal is with a separate fixed team anyway.

Midgame especially was just me tossing Rinkah really haphazardly at anything that isn't magic and shrugging them off. Bait and swarm is a strat I often use, so Rinkah's bulk really facilitates that well since she can pull entire groups without much trouble.

I did this because I love Rinkah, but in doing so I found she's a lot better than what people give her credit for.

For the record I made her a +2 axe forge really early on that I didn't even use until chapter 17(it was so overkill I ended up making her use bronze anyway) just for the lulz, and I still felt I had a lot of money to spare. A couple of partner seals around as late as chapter 20? That's nothing.

So...worth it? I think I'll try this out then, thanks.

So...worth it? I think I'll try this out then, thanks.

I can't say what's everyone's definition of worth it. If you're looking for LTC 8 move super flier strats of course not, but for more casual play she was very fun to play with.

I'll just let this from chapter 27 speak for itself:

tumblr_inline_o34w4vnYbg1rtdtxt_400.jpg

Notice the 52 HP and it's not even full. It's a work of art. I'm very proud of this.

Edited by Thor Odinson

My Rinkah is like the only character who can actually take 2 hits (actually she can take a lot of hits) before dying. >__>; She has like 35 Def when paired up and she's only level 20/5 or so. Her HP is less, but it doesn't matter when she's taking 0 damage from physical hits and single-digits from magic. @_o

I will never pump that amount of favoritism in a character but I felt I should share my Rinkah. She's actually really good so far. I'm still debating on Blacksmith or Oni.

lkaucmB.jpg

No stat boosters but aptitude helped with her strength.

Chieftain has more str and she looks like she'll cap skill soon, so it really depends on if you want a bit more damage vs more skill and HP.

Looking at your skills, with axefaire, it might help to go Blacksmith. Counter's shit anyway and Lancebreaker, while she already has WTA, is still useful since those Generals really pack a punch.

Looking at your skills, with axefaire, it might help to go Blacksmith. Counter's shit anyway and Lancebreaker, while she already has WTA, is still useful since those Generals really pack a punch.

Probably.

i loved blacksmith's outfit on her anyway so this is fine with me

I don't know if I just got RNG blessed or what, but my Rinkah has been an unstoppable killing machine after just a couple level ups. She's one of my most useful units in my current Birthright playthrough. I also paired her up with Kaze.

So I was doing some stat comparisons between ZerkerRinkah and other units, like SpearMOboro:

Oboro

HP 45%

STR 55%

MAG 20%

SKL 55%

SPD 55%

LCK 45%

DEF 50%

RES 35%

Rinkah

HP 50%

STR 50%

MAG 15%

SKL 65%

SPD 60%

LCK 35%

DEF 45%

RES 20%

As you can see Rinkah only loses for a 5 point difference in STR, is balanced with having a 5 point advantage in speed, alongside a nice 10 point in skill, this makes Zerker Rinkah have slightly better offensive growths than Oboro, but the main selling point of her is that she can pull off a more constant +4 damage boost thanks to her personal skill.

In the defensive department she is almost equal in the physical side but is kinda behind in the magic one because of her res.

In conclusion I think on paper people give up on Rinkah because at first glance she seems(and well it has) low growths on key stats for tanking(HP) or attacking(STR in particular), but taking into account how the overall growth system works(personal+class=final) means that thanks to Zerker she is able to patch pretty well those stats, some may think this can be applied to everyone, but that is not the case, for example a character like Hinata that has a growth 15% in SPD can only reach 35% at max because the classes that gives the most percentage in SPD only reach 20% at max.

Edited by Roxachronc

So I was doing some stat comparisons between ZerkerRinkah and other units, like SpearMOboro:

Oboro

HP 45%

STR 55%

MAG 20%

SKL 55%

SPD 55%

LCK 45%

DEF 50%

RES 35%

Rinkah

HP 50%

STR 50%

MAG 15%

SKL 65%

SPD 60%

LCK 35%

DEF 45%

RES 20%

As you can see Rinkah only loses for a 5 point difference in STR, is balanced with having a 5 point advantage in speed, alongside a nice 10 point in skill, this makes Zerker Rinkah have slightly better offensive growths than Oboro, but the main selling point of her is that she can pull off a more constant +4 damage boost thanks to her personal skill.

In the defensive department she is almost equal in the physical side but is kinda behind in the magic one because of her res.

In conclusion I think on paper people give up on Rinkah because at first glance she seems(and well it has) low growths on key stats for tanking(HP) or attacking(STR in particular), but taking into account how the overall growth system works(personal+class=final) means that thanks to Zerker she is able to patch pretty well those stats, some may think this can be applied to everyone, but that is not the case, for example a character like Hinata that has a growth 15% in SPD can only reach 35% at max because the classes that gives the most percentage in SPD only reach 20% at max.

Nice side by side comparison. It should be noted, however, that Rinka can't get Berserker in Birthright unless Kamui marries her so that's another reason why it's easy to overlook her.

As someone who turned Rinkah into Lunatic god

I will definitely say that her issues are mostly bases, not growths

I mean even before considering Berserker I did run her until 20/6 in her base class and she still worked well in it. Zerk is just where the hilarity begins because you get a shitton of HP (HP+5 and 10-20% hp growth boost and class base--which synergises with her defense buildup from her base classes) and 20% extra crit on top of Death Blow and in the end you get axefaire

Edited by Thor Odinson

Nice side by side comparison. It should be noted, however, that Rinka can't get Berserker in Birthright unless Kamui marries her so that's another reason why it's easy to overlook her.

Yeah, that kinda makes her more useful in Revelations, on the good side of things he has access to two great skill trees, her personal Pair Up bonus is also pretty useful since she gives +1 SPD,DEF,STR in A rank on top of the class Pair Up bonus.

As someone who turned Rinkah into Lunatic god

I will definitely say that her issues are mostly bases, not growths

I mean even before considering Berserker I did run her until 20/6 in her base class and she still worked well in it. Zerk is just where the hilarity begins because you get a shitton of HP (HP+5 and 10-20% hp growth boost and class base--which synergises with her defense buildup from her base classes) and 20% extra crit on top of Death Blow and in the end you get axefaire

I agree with you, but since a lot of people tend to blame her mostly for her growths I wanted to take that out of my chest,lol.

May it's not that Rinka is amazing, just that Berserkers are broken.

I do have to say that Berserker growths perfectly compliment Rinka's weak points, not to mention her natural access to Death Blow.