Bravely Second (out now in the US!)

Dotty

Bravely Second came out today in PAL regions!

It's become a little infamous for some people here as being our "trade" for FE Fates, but try not to bring any of that to this thread.

So, anyone else picked this up?

I'm having fun with it so far, the Wizard job is really cool in the way Spellcraft works.

Might have to go back and play the demo though now that I know it's a prelude story.

Edited by Dotty

heh.... i still dont know why its taking until april for USA fans of bravely default to get bravely second

if its out in PAL already that means the english translation is already finished... so this makes absolutely no sense to me

i can understand 1 month extra time but 2 months? whats taking them so long?

this game for me is something ive been looking forward to longer then fire emblem fates.... so for me... sure we get fire emblem fates earlier... but i wasnt planning on playing that game for a while... i wasnt in a hurry to pick it up... im still working on Awakening right...

im not really fast at beating rpgs from the Tactical RPG genre compared to traditional turn based

I got it today ^^

If anybody wants to exchange FCs, mine's 4871-3909-8599.

The prelude's alright, worth a try if you want to see more of the Three Cavaliers. It's also canon apparently, which is nice.

Sure, 4511-0578-4525.

heh.... i still dont know why its taking until april for USA fans of bravely default to get bravely second

if its out in PAL already that means the english translation is already finished... so this makes absolutely no sense to me

i can understand 1 month extra time but 2 months? whats taking them so long?

this game for me is something ive been looking forward to longer then fire emblem fates.... so for me... sure we get fire emblem fates earlier... but i wasnt planning on playing that game for a while... i wasnt in a hurry to pick it up... im still working on Awakening right...

im not really fast at beating rpgs from the Tactical RPG genre compared to traditional turn based

The same thing happened with Default, no? It was released for PALs first before the US.

It was two months later back then too.

Of course it would be better if there was a WW release for every game; I wish I could be talking to my US friends about it right now and vice versa with Fates.

But this is the way things are, so please bear with it and be patient! c:

I've got the Special Edition ordered and on its way to me. Should come sometime next week. Thankfully, I'm not in a rush, since I haven't even played the demo yet, and I definitely want to do that first. I originally was planning on replaying BD first, but I haven't gotten very far in that yet, and I remember the game well enough, so I think I'm just going to forgo that and move onto the demo.

i pre-ordered the special edition for USA... it comes with everything that the PAL one has... except the agnes figure.... still not happy about that either... but i like the giant art book though :)

Edited by animeapple

Is it better than the original? Are there multiplayer battles?

Can't really tell you until I finish it!

What I can say is that they've made a lot of things more convenient. You can Brave normally, or choose a command and then Brave it to save you from selecting the same move four times in a row. You can also make up to three different autobattle command sets for your party to follow in different situations, or just set it to repeat the last commands. On top of all this, you can register entire party setups (jobs, equipment and abilities all at once) as favourites that can be switched to whenever you like (out of battle) from the menu.

No to multiplayer battles, as far as I know. How would that even work? Surely whoever went first would have a huge advantage.

In other news I have yet to receive the pre-order costume DLC code that was supposed to come via e-mail. :c

Getting a little worried here.

No to multiplayer battles, as far as I know. How would that even work? Surely whoever went first would have a huge advantage.

I would think it's as simple as making sure the health bars are big enough and giving extra BP to the second player.

Wow, the Chompcraft minigame is ridiculously addicting; I've already bought and unlocked everything in it because I spent so much time today just playing it.

I would think it's as simple as making sure the health bars are big enough and giving extra BP to the second player.

Maybe! I don't know though, I just don't find the battle system particularly well-suited to a fun multiplayer experience.

Well, that just means the game isn't balanced. I know Bravely Default wasn't balanced, because you could completely break the game in half with the Freelancer, Performer, and Spiritmaster working together.

"Damage? What is this 'damage' of which you speak?" - Tiz and friends, speaking to the final boss that literally posed no threat whatsoever.

I'm very excited for the game, although I have to finish Bravely Default first. Does the playable Demo/Prelude spoil the ending of the first game?

Well, that just means the game isn't balanced. I know Bravely Default wasn't balanced, because you could completely break the game in half with the Freelancer, Performer, and Spiritmaster working together.

"Damage? What is this 'damage' of which you speak?" - Tiz and friends, speaking to the final boss that literally posed no threat whatsoever.

That sounds interesting, how does this set-up work?

As I recall, to become invincible you'll need -

1. The Performer command ability My Hero.

2. The Freelancer command ability Mimic.

3. The Time Mage support ability Hasten World.

4. The Spirit Master command ability Stillness.

The idea is that you use My Hero followed by Mimic two or three times. Combined with Hasten World you'll have enough BP to nullify all damage with Stillness and still use offensive abilities. The key to this setup is that My Hero, Mimic, and Stillness MUST go in that order, AND all your characters must act before the enemy, so you'll need to give your team the right equipment for the right agility values.

My FC is 1478 - 6422 - 8270 if anyone's interrested.

What I like are the Sidequest when you have the choice between two Asterisk Holder. They often have quite interresting choices to make (and more Edea is is stll a good thing.)

As I recall, to become invincible you'll need -

1. The Performer command ability My Hero.

2. The Freelancer command ability Mimic.

3. The Time Mage support ability Hasten World.

4. The Spirit Master command ability Stillness.

The idea is that you use My Hero followed by Mimic two or three times. Combined with Hasten World you'll have enough BP to nullify all damage with Stillness and still use offensive abilities. The key to this setup is that My Hero, Mimic, and Stillness MUST go in that order, AND all your characters must act before the enemy, so you'll need to give your team the right equipment for the right agility values.

Well, Mimic and My Hero are still there, but Stillness is replaced by Calm (1BP,last 1 Turn), and the skill replacing Hasten World only works every 4 turn, so it may be harder to manage.

But the things that is truly broken in this game is the Ghost state. You can only use Magic, but you can't be damaged by any kind of move. I'm not sure if you lose if everyone is in this state, but it's still incredibly exploitable.

ANd Exorcists have a skill that put you automatically in Ghost State if you're defeated.

I haven't tested it yet, but just add a Tank with Auto-Undo, and you should be able to survive anything (I haven't tested it yet, so this may not be as perfect as it sounds, but this sounds good on paper. Auto-Undo doesn't works if you"re dead or your HP are too low, but a good Tank should be able to pass through this.). Or you could combine Magic Reflect with the Guardinan skill that reflect physical damage.

Hmm... I should try this at some point

Less broken, but still cool ;

Patissier have two skills that stacks. One that allow you to use every item on all allies/all ennemies, and the other that double the effects of Item. Which means X-Potion is a free 3000HP to everyone. I think you could also combine the Item-All with the Catmancer skill that boost Attack Item for extra effect.

Item in generall are realy usefull in this game. I see myself using them instead of spells quite often.

The Fencer's Stances gives them a flat boost that stack with other bonus (which means they'll be the first to boost stats over 150%) and stay a long as they're alive (or change Stance in other classes), and can start automatically on Wolf Stance

And Astrologer have a Magic who nullifies all elemental damge against 1 member (all if you combine it with Blast) for 4 turn.

Postscript in general can adds all sort of neet effects.

I also heard they changed one of the classes to a Cowboy for the western release. Is this true?

The Tomahawk/Hawkeye, yeah.

Yew looks pretty cool as a Hawkeye, so I won't complain too much.

The Special Edition is really very nice. I love the Agnes figure and the artbook is huge and very beautiful (though I'm afraid of spoiling myself so I've only flipped through it a bit). I still need to play the demo so it'll be a little while before I start on the game itself, though.

The Special Edition is really very nice. I love the Agnes figure and the artbook is huge and very beautiful (though I'm afraid of spoiling myself so I've only flipped through it a bit). I still need to play the demo so it'll be a little while before I start on the game itself, though.

I agree that the special edition is pretty nice. And your right there is a very big spoiler in the artbook so you might want to be carefull.

Other then that i like this game about as much as the previous one. The new classes are nice, magic got a bit of a boost and I like the party more then in the orginal even if the story is doesn't pack as much as a punch.

Edited by Sasori

I agree that the special edition is pretty nice. And your right there is a very big spoiler in the artbook so you might want to be carefull.

Other then that i like this game about as much as the previous one. The new classes are nice, magic got a bit of a boost and I like the party more then in the orginal even if the story is doesn't pack as much as a punch.

At which chapter are you?

Because the end of Chapter 2 and the end of Chapter 4 packed quite a punch.

The big twist/trick is not as effective emotionnally, but it was still well played.

Cast-Wise, tree charatcers are returning on the original 4 (Agnes isn't playabe, but she's pretty present (her actually taking Airy's role (and extending it) was a fun touch.)

I actually also appreciate the new asterisk holders. They (mostly) all have that tragic aspect to them.

Angeo Panettone was pretty great, and Geist is all kind of creepy (and quite annoying to fight. Though not as much as Revenant)

I actually didn't use much magic except the wizard's abilities (Healing is so much more effective with Items.). Postscript is pretty great though.

Catmancer has got to be the first Blue Mage class I actually like.

The abilities are super useful and you have access to the best ones pretty much right away (White Wind, Panzerlied, etc.)

It doesn't hurt that it looks amazing on the boys too (shame the girls don't get proper cat ears.)

Catmancer has got to be the first Blue Mage class I actually like.

The abilities are super useful and you have access to the best ones pretty much right away (White Wind, Panzerlied, etc.)

It doesn't hurt that it looks amazing on the boys too (shame the girls don't get proper cat ears.)

Huh, I thought it was cool at first, but I don't really use it much.

I think the two moves you mentioned can't be learned until later, when you get the ability to charm/confuse enemies.

Also, not sure why they make you consume items to use monster attacks, instead of just MP or something. Hopefully Vampire still retains that niche...

Catnap is definitely kind of OP though (50% chance to sleep an enemy group for no MP cost?).

Huh, I thought it was cool at first, but I don't really use it much.

I think the two moves you mentioned can't be learned until later, when you get the ability to charm/confuse enemies.

Also, not sure why they make you consume items to use monster attacks, instead of just MP or something. Hopefully Vampire still retains that niche...

You can immediately learn a confusion ability from the moths in the woods NE of Ancheim, which makes it doable basically instantly!

At least you can buy the items...! I admit they're a bit expensive but as soon as I can start exchanging CP for pg it shouldn't be a problem for me.