Who is the best Avatar?

Who do you think is the best Avatar?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the best Avatar?

• Kris (FE12)
    • Robin (FE13)
    • Corrin (FE14)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrin is the best, imo. I feel like there's less blatant Avatar-praising in Fates than in Awakening and while I found Robin interesting, I just found Corrin to be even MORE interesting. Corrin has actual character flaws and depth/development too, unlike Robin. Corrin is shown to be naive and such at the beginning of the game, but over time, he/she seems to learn and grow from all that. At least in Birthright, I feel that the Corrin I'm using now at chapter 21 isn't the same Corrin from the beginning of the game. She feels different.

Also, Corrin has a wickedly cool dragon form. :D

Robin, no contest.

FE3 was Marth's story, and I don't like how in FE12 you get Kris butting into everything and taking the credit for what Marth had accomplished.

Hoshido!Kamui isn't nearly as bad as Nohr!Kamui and Revelations!Kamui (although I still think there are way too many characters sucking up to them), but looking at them as a whole I think Kamui is the worst fictional character I have ever encountered, second only to Bella frickin' Swan.

I haven't really gotten far enough into Conquest to judge Corrin, but between Robin and Kris I can safely say Robin's the better of the two. Kris can honestly fuck right off.

Edited by whenbananasattack

The lack of Mark as an option dissapoints me

[spoiler=real answer tho]

Yes....

I personally liked both Robin and Corrin. I mean yeah Robin does tend to be a bit Mary Sueish but he is supposed to be this "brilliant" tactician after all. Corrin is pretty good as well.

I like both Corrin and Robin, but I think Kris is too bland. Or maybe just because I don't like FE12 that much.

Edited by Manakete Morgan

I like Kris the most since I played in Japanese which I can't really read so I can largely ignore the dialogue and pretend that Kris isn't a horrible spotlight-stealing, development-blocking Mary Sue

Robin solely by process of elimination

In all seriousness, this

Kris definitely. Now Kris might be an utterly shameless Mary Sue to an almost literal degree, being a self-insert that was forced into an existing story and being framed as if he was the true hero all along. However, at least there is nothing wrong with him as a person. So I definitely prefer him to the sociopathic wannabe-tactican Robin or the corrupt noble, incestuous child molester and generally detestable excuse for a Fire Emblem Lord that is Corrin.

Edited by BrightBow

To people asking about Mark, I'm pretty sure this thread is only for playable/customizable Avatars, which Mark is not. All you do for Mark is give him/her a name, gender, and birth date.

Kris may have been shoehorned in where he didn't belong, but at least he stayed out of the way for the main plot. The other two are a little too self-insertish for my liking.

Either Corrin or Robin

I despise Kris. He appears all the time on the screen, everyone praises him all the time and he does everything Marth was supposed to do, ruining the caracterization Shadow Dragon gave Marth. Robin and Corron have their own stories, and don't retroactively make other characters worse

Kris, because:

• Their role in the main plot is pretty much a Solid Snake-esque exposition soundboard + parrot.
  • As a character, they're perfectly serviceable, and would have been fine if they hadn't been made so important.
  • Their supports are actually quite nice, and give some needed development to pretty much every FE12 character.
  • They do actually get called out for their flaws in some of their supports (and they actually seem to have real flaws that negatively affect them).
  • Unlike Corrin and Robin, being mean to/disliking them isn't treated like an unforgivable crime.
  • I will always hold a torch for their gung-ho attempts to kill Lang, because that's way more proactive than either Robin and Corrin are (and because it's Lang).

Corrin squandered all of the good will I had towards them with their actions in Conquest and Robin...I don't really hate, but they're not my favorite character either.

Edited by AzureSen

Not really a fan of the avatars, but I'd choose Corrin over the others. They're more relevant to the story and plot proggression than the others ever were (if Chris didn't exist, nothing would change; if Robin didn't exist, all it'd change is the Grima part, keeping all the other villains and conflict intact; if Corrin didn't exist, there would be no link between both sides of the story, because s/he is the one who ties it all together).

I've only played up til Hoshido chapter 22 so right now Corn is loads better than Robin.

Still haven't finished FE12 so I'm not sure how annoying they are.

As a man who REALLY likes Avatar characters, even I don't have much nice to say about Kris, tho I'd like him admittedly if he actually had a reason to be in FE 12.

I'd say Kris, because they single handedly shoved aside Jeigan. It takes guts, prowess and unexplained badassery to pull that crap off.

But Reflet/Robin, due to some bias. They got me my real life waifu, after all.

Kamui was just as relatable as a pet rock.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I am most of the way through Hoshido, but I want to play all sides before making a full decision.

I kind of like Robin, to an extent.

But I despise Kris. They won't needed in FE 3 book 2, so I feel like their inclusion takes away from Marth. Also, I feel like Kris is so bland of a character. I'll say this about Kris, I like the prologue that includes them and the starting characters in the game.

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61