Do debuffs stack?

Sylph

I noticed when I was defending against a group of ninjas with Steel shuriken (str -3 def - 4 res -4) and spear men with Seal defense (-6 def) that the dmg I took wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. As seal defense wears off in a single turn(which im assuming is on my turn) I am not sure if it had any effect so can someone tell me if Seal Defense and ninja stars stack or not?

Actually, when two debuffs target the same stat, as in your Seal Defense and Steel Shuriken example, the higher debuff effect (in this case, Seal Defence) is applied. However, late in the game on higher difficulties, you see an enemy only skill named Inevitable End, which allows debuffs to stack. What is more, when debuffed, stats recover by 1 each turn (Dread Fighter has a skill that allows whoever has it to recover from debuffs twice as fast).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Nope. However, Seal Defense will work with a Dagger/Shuriken that doesn't lower Def, for example. Watch out for enemy ninjas with the skill Inevitable End (an enemy-only skill), though, because those blighters do have stacking debuffs.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

Actually, when two debuffs target the same stat, as in your Seal Defense and Steel Shuriken example, the higher debuff effect (in this case, Seal Defence) is applied. However, late in the game on higher difficulties, you see an enemy only skill named Inevitable End, which allows debuffs to stack. What is more, when debuffed, stats recover by 1 each turn (Dread Fighter has a skill that allows whoever has it to recover from debuffs twice as fast).

Ahh that explains it

To a degree the highest in each category debuff 'stacks' with debuffs in the other categories. One shuriken that reduces def and res will do so on a unit already hit with a shuriken that reduces skill for instance. Stat reductions stack ad infinitum, but only apply the stat reduction if the attack makes contact and the unit wielding such an item is the lead unit.

I have a question, now I read that... Do Speed Seal and Defense Seal can be use together ? Did the foe have -6 in speed and defense ?

Yep.

From what I've seen, the debuffs from Silver Weapons do stack, however.

I forgot to mention those, though that's likely because the OP was talking about enemy inflicted debuffs.