I just realized that I dodged a bullet... [Ch. 15 Spoilers!!]

Leif

I am at the endgame for Birthright. I randomly looked at the Fates Birthright recruitment page on the main site and noticed that if Corrin didn't have an A support with Kaze, he would have left the party! I can't believe that I saved myself from that without knowing I had to support the two. O_O

Would Kaze have fallen to his death if Corrin didn't have an A support with him? That's horrible!

Btw, expect a Birthright plot analysis from me once I find the time to clear the Birthright endgame.

Edited by Leif

Yeah, he'd have tossed Corrin up to Hinoka before falling to his death.

Apparently bonding with Corrin grants you the ability to notice life-saving explosive crystals.

It would have been a neat way to integrate the support text with the in-story text if, like, the A-Rank support had Corrin make Kaze promise not to ever sacrifice his life for Corrin's sake, and bring that promise up in the death scene to force Kaze to find a way to save them both instead of just Corrin. But as it is, it's just weird crystals.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Yeah, he'd have tossed Corrin up to Hinoka before falling to his death.

Apparently bonding with Corrin grants you the ability to notice life-saving explosive crystals.

It would have been a neat way to integrate the support text with the in-story text if, like, the A-Rank support had Corrin make Kaze promise not to ever sacrifice his life for Corrin's sake, and bring that promise up in the death scene to force Kaze to find a way to save them both instead of just Corrin. But as it is, it's just weird crystals.

Ugh, that's an example of some of the problems with this story.

I'll go into detail about that in my analysis.

I can appreciate IS trying to up the ante with their plots, but the....

[spoiler=major spoilers]

deaths of Xander, Elise, Flora, and Lilith seemed pointless. They were almost needless sacrifices just to make Corrin sad.. Flora LIGHTING HERSELF ON FIRE was really dumb and messed up. It was also incredibly selfish on her part to take her life in front of her twin sister. Their deaths could have been done better.

I was not expecting Lilith to bite the dust so soon, though. Did I do something wrong?

By the way, your signature is amazing.

Edited by Leif

[spoiler=Chapter 24 spoilers]Funny thing happened just now. So, I cleared chapter 24 and Lilith died and everyone was sad and crying … and then cut to My Castle. I do what I usually do, run over to Lilith's shrine and throw some soybeans at her, and I did a double take before realizing that she died. About ten seconds ago. I think I literally forgot about a character death that happened ten seconds earlier. :|

Also, Suzukaze is kind of nobly dumb, I don't even understand.

[spoiler=Chapter 24 spoilers]Funny thing happened just now. So, I cleared chapter 24 and Lilith died and everyone was sad and crying … and then cut to My Castle. I do what I usually do, run over to Lilith's shrine and throw some soybeans at her, and I did a double take before realizing that she died. About ten seconds ago. I think I literally forgot about a character death that happened ten seconds earlier. :|

Also, Suzukaze is kind of nobly dumb, I don't even understand.

She disappears from the plot entirely after chapter 7! Then, for her to protect Corrin from Hans (out of the blue, really) makes her a pointless sacrifice. =/ You don't know much about her other than being a dragon. =/

At least Birthright's story actually makes sense unlike Awakening. It is an average plot with instances of silliness here and there.

I pray Conquest's story is better.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is, by far, THE BEST in the series. It's hella fun, but, yet again, the story fails to deliver. At least Corrin was human enough to cry at Lilith's, Elise's, and Xander's deaths.

I'll talk more about this in another topic. I just hope Conquest doesn't kill someone off if I don't have an A support with them.

Edited by Leif

By the way, your signature is amazing.

The Garons, or the cubic yottaparsec thing? Because as much as I adore the former I can't take credit for it.

And just so you know, there's no avoidable deaths like this Kaze incident in Conquest or Revelations, so don't worry about that.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I only learned about it thanks to a Smash interview with Sakurai talking about Corrin and Fates, and I hit his "spoiler" because I didn't think it would be that big of a thing.

Whoops haha.

Edited by Jedi

I pray Conquest's story is better.

tumblr_inline_nq7oyw7RIB1tsmk19_540.png

Oh boy....

I can appreciate IS trying to up the ante with their plots, but the....

[spoiler=major spoilers]

deaths of Xander, Elise, Flora, and Lilith seemed pointless. They were almost needless sacrifices just to make Corrin sad.. Flora LIGHTING HERSELF ON FIRE was really dumb and messed up. It was also incredibly selfish on her part to take her life in front of her twin sister. Their deaths could have been done better.

I was not expecting Lilith to bite the dust so soon, though. Did I do something wrong?

The only death in Birthright that was well done was Elise... which lost some of it's appeal because Marx is an idiot. Flora chose the most painful way to kill herself (With fire? Seriously?) and Lilith is absent from the plot after chapter 6. Suzukaze didn't phase me either because he only came up a few times in the story. IS, I have 2 other ninjas to use. Take my only lancer and then I'll get sad.

Edited by NekoKnight

• 1 month later...

Fire Emblem Conquest, huh.

Noob: I bet ill bweeze threw dis since i iz amazing at birthwite. Dis is sooo easy, i bet dis chapta is even easiya (Starts Chapter 10)

Pro:this can't possibly be harder than Thracia 776, i bet that if i keep my fliers in close and use the environment this will be easy (Starts Chapter 10)

Me:I doubt this can really be that hard (Starts Chapter 10) 20 minutes later...

Noob:Betta swich to Phoenix morde cuz diss is tooo haaaaaard

Pro:Thank god i got out of there with all my units alive, that was really a hazing

Me:Guess we have to go on without Odin (turns around) YES THANK GOD THAT ANNOYING GUY IS GONE

i like the implication that you're better than a "fire emblem pro" (wtf even would this be) and also the necropost, lol