Your first experience with video games

Alex95

My dad was really into Prince of Persia for a long while so he'd let me play. Other than that, I think the first game I ever opened myself was probably one of the Roller Coaster Tycoons for the PC!

The first games I played where probably edutainment games for PC like Gizmos and Gadgets, PutPut, and so on. The first game I got really into was probably Adventure Quest, and after that Metroid: Zero Mission. Just to show how much younger I am than everyone else, this was when I was probably 3 or 4.

Edited by Lantairu

I played some PC games time to time when I was young but I really got into it after playing this 3d Peter Pan game for the PC. Never really beat it but it got me into playing more games and in the end , I became an obsessive video gamer. That's why that Peter Pan game holds a special place in my heart.

The first time I ever saw a video game was seeing a friend playing Pokemon Blue, but my first game was Pokemon Yellow. I really liked the Pokemon movie so my family pitched in to get me a yellow GameBoy Color and a copy of Pokemon Yellow and it was great. I never got that far into it because I had Pikachu and (for some reason) two Caterpies, neither of which were good for Brock, and grinding was a foreign concept to me at that age. Eventually I got my hands on Red and Blue, and I wound up actually finishing them both.

The first time I ever saw a video game was seeing a friend playing Pokemon Blue, but my first game was Pokemon Yellow. I really liked the Pokemon movie so my family pitched in to get me a yellow GameBoy Color and a copy of Pokemon Yellow and it was great. I never got that far into it because I had Pikachu and (for some reason) two Caterpies, neither of which were good for Brock, and grinding was a foreign concept to me at that age. Eventually I got my hands on Red and Blue, and I wound up actually finishing them both.

Did you ever end up finishing Yellow? I still need to do that myself...

I'm pretty sure my first video game was actually some sort of Football game on the OG Xbox when I was like 5.

I hated it though so I broke the disc in half and played Halo 2 instead.

The first game I was actually supposed to be playing was probably SSB Melee

Well, my first experience with video games goes back further than I can actually remember. See, when my brothers and I were kids, our mother would often send us next door to our grandmothers where my brothers would play her NES/Genesis/SNES and halfheartedly babysit me. Does anyone remember the little SEEEGGGAAAA chorus that chimed when you'd start up a Sega game? According to my eldest brother, he was about to play Sonic (2, probably), and after the Sega noise, I repeated it. He swears up and down that "Sega" was my first word, and no one seems to have a different story, so, I guess after watching him play games so often, that would technically be my first experience with video games.

As for the first game I ever played? Not too sure. Both my brothers and my grandma would let me play with them, so I have a lot of early memories of Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Lolo, Dragon Quest etc., but I think the first game I really got into all on my own was Pokemon Snap. Kinda changed my life! And has given me a love for photography that bleeds away my time even now.