Unit Review: Felica

HerrWolfsklaue

Hello everyone!

I decided to make a new series, a charakter review for all units in the game, on a daily basis (maybe all two days, thats a lot of work tho). Once the game launches on EU I planned to post something similar on Youtube, but for now I planned to post it here.

I'm pretty sure there is more about that charakter than I can tell you, but I want to focus on the unit-aspect, not the charakter behind the unit. This list should help new players to detemine wheather certain charakter suits his/her playstyle.

Since its a review type of thing, I will end every "chapter" with my personal opinion about that unit.

With that all been said, since this is the first post of this type, I'll show you my list of topic's for this and future units. If you think i did forget smt important please let me know. I want to improve, and constructiv critisism is the best way for that.

Note: This will be focussing on Birthright and Conquest. I will maybe update this for Revalations in the future, but i dont think i've got any good information about most of the units in the DLC.

List of topics:

1.: Name, Side (Nohr/Hoshido), recruit chapter (general introduction, short to keep it spoiler-free)

2.: Start stats and effectivness at that point of the game.

3.: Grow rates of the unit and all possible classes (without the second seal thingy)

4.: Optainable skills (useful or lackluster) and possible weapon choises

5.: Good setups for playthroughs & multiplayer

6.: Overall review

PS.: This is the first unit review of mine. All above will not occure in the future, only changes to the formular will be explained.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter one: Felicia

At first we will be looking at Felicia, one of the two Maiden/Butler units you will be starting with. She will join a male Avatar on chapter 2, or after chapter 15 if the Avatar is female. She will be serving the Avatar on both sides (your decision between Nohr or Hoshido wont affect her.

HP:19 | Str:5 | Mag:9 | Skl:10 | Spd:10 | Lck:12 | Def:5 | Res: 9

Unlike the usual promoted unit you get at the start, Felicia isn't on a horseback. She also doesn't oneshot everyone or is super tanky, but is a very nice support unit. As Maiden her weapons of choise are the hidden onces (shuriken and daggers) & staffs/rods.

She has less Str and HP than Jakob, but a better Spd and Mag stat, making her a better supporter, but less good fighter. Her personal skill, Devoted Partner, boosts the combat ability from the Avatar, and helps very good in the early game. Since she is a promoted unit, she got both skills of the troubadour tree, Resitence +2 and Demoiselle, boosting even more the Avatar.

Another good thing going for her is the synergy within herself: for combat, she can attack enemy unit's from range, since she uses hidden weapons. Those give stat debuffs, but mostly important debuff on the enemy deffense. Your Avatar can now fill the gab between her and the enemy unit, not only for the dual strike with her AND attack the lowed deffense on the enemy, but also getting the Demoiselle boost.

For Hoshido she is one of the best staff/rod users you will get and her Exp gain isn't so bad, since she can get Exp via healing, attacking and supporting (dual strikes), she will also level up very quickly.

For Nohr she isn't very bad either. You've got a good healer, with 6 movement and, as mentient ealier, an early unit with the ability to use hidden weapons. But what makes her shine in Nohr is her speed: the nohrian soldiers are more about Str and less about Spd, making her a good pair-up unit, since Butlers/Maiden give +2Mag/+2Spd/+2Res (and with only support C +1 more speed!). On the Nohr side her late join chapter 15 is also very good since she can still do good work with her staff and you got a magic shurikan at chapter 12, so even her combat will help your party.

HP:40 Str:20 Mag:45 Skl:45 Spd:55 Lck:65 Def:20

Res:45 (Felicias growth rate as Maiden / % chance per level-up)

As display'd above Felicia excells at Spd, Skl, Mag, Res & Lck. Also nice HP growth for a healing unit, but very poor Def and Str. Her biggest problem is her bad Str growth: she wont hit very hard till you get the Flame Shurikan or change her class.

Talking about changing her classes, she has the Troubadour and the Mercenary tree on her own. In the Mercenary tree she can go Hero and push her HP, Str and Def, since the Hero's growth rates are better than the Maides in therms of physical combat.

Other good reclass option is Strategist, but keep in mind you will loose the ability to use hidden weapons, but gain the ability to use scrolls/books. She will loose even more bulk that way, making her very vurlneble for any sort of physical damage, but her Movement will help her to play around the enemys aggro range. With decend Mag stat on her own and good growth in this class she can dish out very good damage, and her heals are also very good.

Skillwise she gains some quite good ones for supporting. Rally Skill (Bowknight) and rally Resistence (Strategist) for example to boost some stats. Inspiration (Strategist) and Demoiselle (Troubadoure) boost the allies around her, Bow and Tome - Breaker (Bowknight & Maiden) help her stayng alive while healing, but only in some situations. Sol (Hero) is also a good skill, since she has somewhat good skill, but for selfhealing Life to Serve (Maiden) will also be pretty good, since she should be a staff/rod using unit in the end anyway.

For playthrough setups I think she is best suited as Maiden or Strategist. Via early acces to heart seals she is one of the better candidates to use it at the beginning. While healing she will be able to get at least C-supports with pretty much everybody, which is very good, but realy needed for Nohr, since her C-Support pair-up stat boost is Spd.

But the rally skills, Life to Serve, Inspiration and Demosielle will make her a very vailable unit even late in the game.

I prefer chaning her back into Maiden in the end, because hidden weapons realy support in a good way, she got a little bit more bulk and she looses the weakness to beastbane & beastkiller type weapons, which can oneshot her late, even if the enemy can't double her.

For online setups i can't help atm, but if this format keeps going, i'll try to figure something out in the future.

As ratings for her, with no heart feelings, I would give her a solid 7/10. She is realy good on both sides. Compared to the start Paladins and Great Knights of the past, Felicia doesn't protect the protagonist, she supports him, to make him a very strong unit even at the beginning and she scales ok-ish into the late playthrough. A very diverse unit to fill alot of gaps in your party. Since this is only MY opinion abuot the unit Felicia, it mustn't be yours. I wouldn't be suprised to see some people rank her even higher.

Thanks for reading so far! If you are still with me, please bare in mind this is my first try doing soemthing like this. I did put alot of time into this, and will update this topic from the suggestions of the comments.

Flame Shuriken has 9 Mt and B-rank adds 2 damage. That is +11 damage While E/D rank tomes have only 3/5 Mt.

Maid has higher offense and defense. Strategist has neither but it allows other units to have both.

The reclassing should be done when we don't want to make better use of her Mag, not when we want to.

I would put Felicia around 8 out of 10, in Nohr is much better IMO, the ability to debuff is much more helpful against some enemies there, being alongside Elise one of your staff users, and also when you get Flame Shuriken she becomes much better at killing, of course is more useful for MUs.

I think she's pretty useful since she's the only early on play-though healing unit that can protect herself if she gets into a bind. Stating that she's a long distance fighter as well, making her close to the front lines to heal and snipe away, which can also give her nice supports from the people around her. She's good for getting children characters because she can easily be bonded with pretty much anyone.

Plus she's adorable.