[Conquest] Help with Hard/Classic Chapter 10

rh0symedre

I've been working on this chapter for 3 or 4 days with no success. I've come close only a few times, and even then it was barely on the edge. Can anyone possibly give some help?

I've looked up multiple videos and guides on the chapter, but to no avail.

EDIT: Current Team

Mozume - LV 4 (reclassed to Archer)

Jakob - LV 11

Effie - LV 11

MU - LV 12

Azura - LV 4

Elise - LV 10

Odin - LV 6

Nyx - LV 10

Silas - LV 9

Zero - LV 12

The three recruits also involved.

Edited by nicktiger217

What's your team? Can't really give a reliable strategy without knowing what units you're using. I'd say in general, Effie with an Arthur pairup and a javelin can solo the archers to the right, and Nyx can handle the left side oni's well as long as she doesn't get 1 shotted (pretty sure base Nyx can survive 1 hit). Niles should be on ballistas the first few turns wittling down ninjas and defense seal lancers, then eventually split off to kill sky knights. the opening on the right can usually be covered by Corrin, but again, that depends on your build. Once the water drains, make smart use of Azura and Elise's freeze staff - they're crucial for finishing the chapter while getting all the houses. Also use food bonuses - defence, strength, or speed are good bets depending on what you're currently lacking. Tonics also help alot, and are very cheap for what they do. If anything else, use the Master Seal to promote Niles or Selena into Bow Knight, the extra movement helps alot in this chapter.

Edited by shed

First of all, are you using Camilla? It may seem like a waste of XP due to her being a pre-promote, but she can hold the Sky Knights very well and can make the houses easier to visit. Also use Nyx in the Fire Orb thing, Niles on one of the ballistas for a long time, Silas (if he's strong enough can hold the Onis on the left together with Nyx), Effie and Arthur on the right, but don't advance much with them, otherwise they will get wrecked but Lancers and Archers. Oh and use Freeze staffs (especially on Oboro and Hinata, since they can screw up your entire strategy if given space). Use Corrin and whoever has the biggest support with him to hold the passage on the right, and use Beruka as a scout for both sides.

This was my tactic tho, it worked in the end, but I'm not sure how that will work with you, but my tips remain abuse of Freeze staffs and Camilla, and keep Elise on the middle to make healing easier towards all sides.

Also this:

What's your team?

Edited by Noahfest

The only real tips I have are to kill Oboro before she moves to make the phases after the water goes poof easier to handle and to use tonics where necessary- look for areas where +2 to a stat(+5 for health) will either result in an OHK/ORK or your unit not getting killed. I also second most of the tips given already, though I personally had Niles stay away from the ballista (except for turn 1 where he weakened a group of Oni fighters so they were killed on enemy phase) so he could help kill pegs when I needed Camilla to do other things.

And yeah, having your team and their stats might help us help you.

What's your team? Can't really give a reliable strategy without knowing what units you're using. I'd say in general, Effie with an Arthur pairup and a javelin can solo the archers to the right, and Nyx can handle the left side oni's well as long as she doesn't get 1 shotted (pretty sure base Nyx can survive 1 hit). Niles should be on ballistas the first few turns wittling down ninjas and defense seal lancers, then eventually split off to kill sky knights. the opening on the right can usually be covered by Corrin, but again, that depends on your build. Once the water drains, make smart use of Azura and Elise's freeze staff - they're crucial for finishing the chapter while getting all the houses. Also use food bonuses - defence, strength, or speed are good bets depending on what you're currently lacking. Tonics also help alot, and are very cheap for what they do. If anything else, use the Master Seal to promote Niles or Selena into Bow Knight, the extra movement helps alot in this chapter.

I've been switching around the units. My current run has everybody except for Arthur. I also reclassed Mozu to an archer. I meant to just test that out and change it depending on if I liked it or not, but instinctively saved, so I'm stuck with that now.

First of all, are you using Camilla? It may seem like a waste of XP due to her being a pre-promote, but she can hold the Sky Knights very well and can make the houses easier to visit. Also use Nyx in the Fire Orb thing, Niles on one of the ballistas for a long time, Silas (if he's strong enough can hold the Onis on the left together with Nyx), Effie and Arthur on the right, but don't advance much with them, otherwise they will get wrecked but Lancers and Archers. Oh and use Freeze staffs (especially on Oboro and Hinata, since they can screw up your entire strategy if given space). Use Corrin and whoever has the biggest support with him to hold the passage on the right, and use Beruka as a scout for both sides.

This was my tactic tho, it worked in the end, but I'm not sure how that will work with you, but my tips remain abuse of Freeze staffs and Camilla, and keep Elise on the middle to make healing easier towards all sides.

Also this:

Yes, I've been using Camilla the entire time, though it was only until a few tries ago that I started sending her off to the right to handle the Sky Knights.

The only real tips I have are to kill Oboro before she moves to make the phases after the water goes poof easier to handle and to use tonics where necessary- look for areas where +2 to a stat(+5 for health) will either result in an OHK/ORK or your unit not getting killed. I also second most of the tips given already, though I personally had Niles stay away from the ballista (except for turn 1 where he weakened a group of Oni fighters so they were killed on enemy phase) so he could help kill pegs when I needed Camilla to do other things.

And yeah, having your team and their stats might help us help you.

Sorry about that. Probably should have listed that from the beginning, haha. I'll edit the original post.

I've been switching around the units. My current run has everybody except for Arthur. I also reclassed Mozu to an archer. I meant to just test that out and change it depending on if I liked it or not, but instinctively saved, so I'm stuck with that now.

Tbh Mozu as an archer, at least on Hard, isn't a bad call and she should be able to help with the pegs, especially the paired up ones. If you really need more damage output on her you could probably afford a single bow forge, though I would wait for that until necessary. One last question- female or male avatar?

Tbh Mozu as an archer, at least on Hard, isn't a bad call and she should be able to help with the pegs, especially the paired up ones. If you really need more damage output on her you could probably afford a single bow forge, though I would wait for that until necessary. One last question- female or male avatar?

Yeah, thankfully she's been putting in a lot of work, so I'm not really regretting the decision. Also, Female.

I can't promise my strategy will work out for you, depending on your team and how they've grown, but here's a few things I worked out after spending most of a day on it...

1. Send Arthur left with an HP Tonic, a Defense Tonic, and a Concoction in his inventory. Don't worry if you haven't been training him - he won't need to fight. His purpose is to visit the house on the left then pair up with Selena as soon as she can make it there. With the stat boosts from Arthur and the two tonics, she'll be able to one-round the Oni coming that way (possibly only when counterattacking; I forget) and survive enough hits that you probably won't have to worry about her. Just stick near the wall so she doesn't attract too many other enemies.

2. Play aggressively for as long as you can. The more enemies you eliminate, the easier later turns will be. I started out by sending the bulk of my forces down on turn one, having Niles and Nyx (my weaker mage) use the siege weapons to soften up any enemies, Effie to the right gap to finish off the weakened enemies that would attack her during their turn (using pair up and having a mounted unit drop her off), and the others work together to smash open the spot on the left wall. After that turn, I had them clear out the remaining enemies and spend most of the remaining turns in that general area below the wall, taking out enemies as they approached. It was close at times, so you'll have to be careful, but it was doable.

3. As others said, don't hesitate to use Camilla. She's particularly helpful for taking down any Sky Knights that Niles can't get to, visiting houses in dangerous areas, or luring in and clearing out groups of enemies before they get close enough to consider attacking your other units.

4. You'll need at least one unit on the right to intercept the archers and keep them away from the ballista, and the fewer the better - most of the fighting will take place in the middle. I sent Corrin, who had enough Speed and Strength to one-round the archers, and enough HP and Defense to survive some hits. I had him wait just outside their range, then, when they moved in, kill one and deal with the other after it had attacked next turn. I imagine Effie with a javelin would also work well, or Mozu as an Archer if you've trained her enough.

Good, because Jakob's greater physical bulk will be helpful. He can also reclass to Great Knight if you absolutely need it, though I don't think you will. The strategy that ended up working for me on Lunatic did involve GK Jakob, but the role he filled could be pretty easily be done by Corrin with a Dragonstone.

What I did for the first several turns was have Effie(Silas supporting in defensive stance) tank the hole in the partition on the left with a javelin so she could kill the ninjas(iirc there are more ninjas from the left than the right, which is more oni savages) while Jakob and Corrin tanked the right side. My Effie needed a strength tonic to reliably OHK the ninjas, but yours might not since you're on Hard. You can also use the orb cannon and central ballista(the one on the right is a little too far away in case you need an archer to kill a peg) to weaken enemies so they die to your tanks on EP.

I also paired Selena up with Beruka as soon as they arrived, moved Beruka to the full extent of her range, and then danced for her so she could reach the archers approaching from the right. I then switched to Selena, who can double and ORK them with a Beruka pair up at base, and this gives enough guard points to let her survive the archers and spear fighters until next turn(a dual guard should activate), retreat and pop a vulnerary, and then kill the spear fighters on the next enemy phase. While I'm not sure if the enemy density on Hard is similar to the enemy density on Lunatic, this should still work to take care of the archers.

Camilla kills pegs and Oboro before the water drop. She can also choke a point if someone needs a break. Corrin with a Dragonstone can probably kill Hinata. Use Freeze staffs when necessary.

Can't remember exactly what else I did, so I hope this helps!

e: Phoenix_Kensai's tips are also good

Edited by Ambling Falchion

I can't promise my strategy will work out for you, depending on your team and how they've grown, but here's a few things I worked out after spending most of a day on it...

1. Send Arthur left with an HP Tonic, a Defense Tonic, and a Concoction in his inventory. Don't worry if you haven't been training him - he won't need to fight. His purpose is to visit the house on the left then pair up with Selena as soon as she can make it there. With the stat boosts from Arthur and the two tonics, she'll be able to one-round the Oni coming that way (possibly only when counterattacking; I forget) and survive enough hits that you probably won't have to worry about her. Just stick near the wall so she doesn't attract too many other enemies.

2. Play aggressively for as long as you can. The more enemies you eliminate, the easier later turns will be. I started out by sending the bulk of my forces down on turn one, having Niles and Nyx (my weaker mage) use the siege weapons to soften up any enemies, Effie to the right gap to finish off the weakened enemies that would attack her during their turn (using pair up and having a mounted unit drop her off), and the others work together to smash open the spot on the left wall. After that turn, I had them clear out the remaining enemies and spend most of the remaining turns in that general area below the wall, taking out enemies as they approached. It was close at times, so you'll have to be careful, but it was doable.

3. As others said, don't hesitate to use Camilla. She's particularly helpful for taking down any Sky Knights that Niles can't get to, visiting houses in dangerous areas, or luring in and clearing out groups of enemies before they get close enough to consider attacking your other units.

4. You'll need at least one unit on the right to intercept the archers and keep them away from the ballista, and the fewer the better - most of the fighting will take place in the middle. I sent Corrin, who had enough Speed and Strength to one-round the archers, and enough HP and Defense to survive some hits. I had him wait just outside their range, then, when they moved in, kill one and deal with the other after it had attacked next turn. I imagine Effie with a javelin would also work well, or Mozu as an Archer if you've trained her enough.

Good, because Jakob's greater physical bulk will be helpful. He can also reclass to Great Knight if you absolutely need it, though I don't think you will. The strategy that ended up working for me on Lunatic did involve GK Jakob, but the role he filled could be pretty easily be done by Corrin with a Dragonstone.

What I did for the first several turns was have Effie(Silas supporting in defensive stance) tank the hole in the partition on the left with a javelin so she could kill the ninjas(iirc there are more ninjas from the left than the right, which is more oni savages) while Jakob and Corrin tanked the right side. My Effie needed a strength tonic to reliably OHK the ninjas, but yours might not since you're on Hard. You can also use the orb cannon and central ballista(the one on the right is a little too far away in case you need an archer to kill a peg) to weaken enemies so they die to your tanks on EP.

I also paired Selena up with Beruka as soon as they arrived, moved Beruka to the full extent of her range, and then danced for her so she could reach the archers approaching from the right. I then switched to Selena, who can double and ORK them with a Beruka pair up at base, and this gives enough guard points to let her survive the archers and spear fighters until next turn(a dual guard should activate), retreat and pop a vulnerary, and then kill the spear fighters on the next enemy phase. While I'm not sure if the enemy density on Hard is similar to the enemy density on Lunatic, this should still work to take care of the archers.

Camilla kills pegs and Oboro before the water drop. She can also choke a point if someone needs a break. Corrin with a Dragonstone can probably kill Hinata. Use Freeze staffs when necessary.

Can't remember exactly what else I did, so I hope this helps!

e: Phoenix_Kensai's tips are also good

Yes, a lot of people have been advising me to use tonics, though I haven't been doing so. If this run ends in failure, I'll buy some to test it out! Thanks for all of the advice! Hopefully I can get past the chapter soon enough lmao

Also, something worth considering; Buy yourself a bronze axe or an iron axe to give Camilla who comes in turn 3, if you care about your strats being less RNG dependent. She comes as fairly powerful from the start, but she starts with Thunder and Steel Axe which don't come with the best accuracy, and Camilla needs all the hit rates she can get.

str/def/speed pots on silias, pair with corin, almost kill corin on open south gap, swap to silias,run in a straight line at takasshat and stab him he should explode into bloody confetti.

Other mooks do other mook things and take the southwest, northwest, and lolfree villages

The dual club isn't a big deal on hard mode.

Edited by joshcja

str/def/speed pots on silias, pair with corin, almost kill corin on open south gap, swap to silias,run in a straight line at takasshat and stab him if you just want out. (you'll need vunaries on silias if you randomly don't have a c support with him and corin)

Other mooks do other mook things and take the southwest village.

The dual club isn't a big deal on hard mode.

Does Takumi not have Proximity shot on Hard Mode?

If you don't fight an enemy you won't get EXP from him.

As soon as everyone is getting EXP every turn, using Camilla is not wasting EXP since "1>0".

It is not easy for a Silas to have 10 Spd at lv9, but if he happens to have, give him a Spd tonic and pair him with Arthur, he will easily beat many Oni Savages. Selena can do something similar in Enemy Phase (also Arther Guard Stance), in Player Phase she needs a Steel Sword if you buy one for her.

Effie needs 18 Str (16 + tonic) to ORKO bowers with Selena or maybe Silas in Attack Stance. Selena cannot counterattack bowers so it is not efficient for her to solo in Guard Stance.

There is a path for left-side Oni Savages to go down. You only need one group of units to deal with all the left-side enemies if you choose to rush out.

Edited by Tooru

I found chapter 10 to be reasonably easy myself, dunno if I just got crazy good level ups for my guys or not though. I sent Effie/Arthur lower right at the natural wall gap, with a javelin they can slaughter anyone that comes through there. Beruka handled the Oni dudes on the left after nyx softened them up with the orb, and I used Silas to hold the breach the enemy makes in the wall. MU and Selena chopped up the archers that come from the right. Elise, Azura, and Felicia supported where the fighting was the worst. Niles of course is on ballista duty for the majority of the mission, and good for cleaning up sky knights that slip by.

As many others have said, I would absolutely make use of Camilla. I can't imagine beating that map without her unless RNG truly smiles upon you. I'd also agree that you really need to kill Oboro before she engages with you, those stat drops are merciless.

Also depending on play style you can have a lot of Azura's dancing go to those on the orbs/ballistas, as double fire can quickly bring groups of enemies into 1HKO range.

Interestingly enough I didn't get Jakob until like chapter 15 or so, so I didn't have him available. Don't think I had anyone promoted, either. No DLC or grinding of any sort has been used thus far.

Hope this helps somewhat.

I'm actually surprised that I did this twice with no problem.

I paired Effie and Silas together and sent them to the lower partition on the right. On the bottom left, I had MU (Equip Dragonstone) and Jakob/Felicia in Attack Stance. On the upper right corner, I had Arthur holding a Hand Axe paired with Selena (make sure to trade Selena's vulenaries to him and use when neccessary). Make sure to have Arthur not too far away from the center so that Selena can pair with him. Elise should be in the center healing Effie when it is neccessary while Azura will Sing for Niles and Elise. Place Nyx on the Magic Orb and have Odin or Elise go to the house in the upper right hand corner. Camilla should scout for Sky Night near in the center and around the water on the right side. Belka should be doing the same (Use Belka wisely as she cannot KO the Sky Nights easily.

Once Takumi uses the Dragon Vein, most of the enemies will go on the area where the water used to be. That means that if you're defending, you're going to want to have most of your units near the opening beside the ballista. Using MU with Dragonstone helps a lot to fend off enemies.

This was my take on the chapter.

Quick little thing I discovered that works really well:

If you give Camilla an Iron Axe, she can double Oboro with it and kill her in one turn. If you send Camilla to the easternmost village on turn 6 I think (the turn right after Takumi uses the Dragon Vein), then she will be in range and Oboro will attack. You can also wait one more turn to do this, but if you do then there will be a swarm of Sky Knights and Onis that will also attack her. It is possible for her to survive that but I think it comes down to lucky dodges. If she survives but gets stuck in the swarm, you can use a Rescue staff to save her from behind the barricade.

Also having Mozu as a second bow user is extremely helpful for dealing with the Sky Knights.

Don't have much to add for general strategy; the advice in this thread is already good.

Edited by Chaotix

My beating Chapter 10 was pure luck because I misleveled my units from the start.

But basically, I had Arthur pair up with Selena on the left, Corrin and Zero deal with the archers on the right (didn't really use Ballista), Effie and Nyx take care of the Oni Savages on the bottom right, and it'd take three turns for them to break an entrance on the bottom left, at which point, Camilla, Beruka, and Selena show up and easily blockade that entrance. This strategy works until the pool is frozen. Then stuff hits the fan. Selena's defense turns into complete RNG, Camilla still has to block the entrance and can't deal with Peggies, and they all approach with Oboro from the right. It's easy to deal with her...as long as you're using Camilla or Effie, which was another mistake but more on that later on in the game.

Oh hey, this chapter gave me hell, too!

Mind you, I was an idiot and used both Odin and Nyx. . .Odin on the Fire Sphere, and Nyx as Camilla's pair-up partner. Why the latter? With Thunder, Camilla can ORKO the archers, and if she's at full health, she can tank a single shot on Hard (but do heal her up again). So I had Camilla deal with the archers, as weird as it sounds.

Niles was on ballista duty, and when he wasn't shooting things from way over there, he shot down pegasi that made it over the barrier. Effie + Silas went to the lower left and made everyone cry. Corrin + Arthur (yes, paired-up, because screw Arthur eating random crits) went to the right, and due to the way everything panned out, Corrin was able to ORKO stuff with Yato. Beruka and Selena went to deal with the Oni rush on the left, and Felicia/Elise healed where they could. If things get really sticky, Freeze one of the paired-up units. Buy several Vulneraries, because keeping your health up is really important. Oh, and speaking of Elise. . .if she's at 12 Speed (might be lower), she can tank a single non-paired-up pegasus attack.

Oh hey, this chapter gave me hell, too!

Mind you, I was an idiot and used both Odin and Nyx. . .Odin on the Fire Sphere, and Nyx as Camilla's pair-up partner. Why the latter? With Thunder, Camilla can ORKO the archers, and if she's at full health, she can tank a single shot on Hard (but do heal her up again). So I had Camilla deal with the archers, as weird as it sounds.

Niles was on ballista duty, and when he wasn't shooting things from way over there, he shot down pegasi that made it over the barrier. Effie + Silas went to the lower left and made everyone cry. Corrin + Arthur (yes, paired-up, because screw Arthur eating random crits) went to the right, and due to the way everything panned out, Corrin was able to ORKO stuff with Yato. Beruka and Selena went to deal with the Oni rush on the left, and Felicia/Elise healed where they could. If things get really sticky, Freeze one of the paired-up units. Buy several Vulneraries, because keeping your health up is really important. Oh, and speaking of Elise. . .if she's at 12 Speed (might be lower), she can tank a single non-paired-up pegasus attack.

Oh, another thing - some of the Sky Knights have Darting Blow and some of them don't. Elise and Azura should be able to tank a hit from the ones that don't have Darting Blow, but the ones that do will double them.

Also, if you bring Defense or HP tonics (or both!) for Selena and Beruka, it makes them much more durable. You could give them to Camilla too, but really she should be attacking something or visiting a village on every single turn.

My first attempt at this chapter was a success. I started off by two-turning those bottom villages with Dracoknight Corrin + Niles for movement, while Archer Mozu fended off the Fighters on the leftmost wall, and a couple of useless units grabbed the other villages. That was really the only premeditated strategy I had and it gave me enough early game momentum to position myself properly for every enemy rush.

If you're going in blind, I'd strongly recommend starting over before this point and maximizing your resources. Had I gone in with my 11 Speed, 9 Str Corrin, I'm pretty sure this chapter and the entire rest of the game would have been unrelentingly brutal.

Edited by Inference

What I did on my Hard mode run was have Selena with an Arthur Pair Up handle the Oni on the west after Nyx softened them up with the Fire Orb, while Niles with Str/Def tonics and Silas support handled the western Archers. They also grabbed the bottom villages on their free turns. This let everyone else focus on the southern fronts, specifically killing the Pegasus Knights as quickly as possible.

I paired Effie with Jakob and had him drop her in the gap in the right side of the wall. She took 1 damage from the Oni there and was able to OHKO the Pegasi with a Str Tonic, although I had to keep her away from Jakob once she leveled up because the enemies wouldn't target her if they couldn't damage her. I removed her Def+2 skill as well, but yours may not have as much Defense as mine so you may want to keep it on. My strategy for dealing with the initial Lancer and Ninja rush from the southwest relied on luck (Nyx's accuracy isn't great) and a Dark Falcon, though (I made Mozu a Dark Falcon because I didn't want another Bow unit at the time). With Azura's help, Nyx brought them into OHKO range for Dragonstone!Corrin and Mozu dropped Corrin on the south side of the wall.

Camilla arrives in time to handle the second wave of Lancers and Ninjas, so Corrin and Mozu helped Effie and Jakob deal with the second wave of Oni quickly. Once the second waves were dealt with I had Camilla and Effie start switching sides while killing Pegasus Knights, so they could defeat Oboro and Hinata respectively (Camilla also got the southeastern village). With Azura's help, Beruka, Mozu, Corrin and Jakob mostly chased down Pegasus Knights and other stragglers at this point after grabbing the last (southwestern) village. Elise stayed in the center for the entire chapter healing. I didn't need to use Rescue or Freeze, but they're great options to have if a unit gets wrecked by Oboro (-6 Spd and Def is no joke).

The important thing that helped me was focusing on aggressively clearing those first waves of enemies in the south. Before, when I was playing more defensively, I would get overwhelmed just due to the large amount of enemies. However, once I lowered Effie's Defense to the point she was no longer immortal and started pushing them back while they were approaching, I took less damage on the whole because there were less enemies to worry about, despite my more aggressive positioning.