Hand In Hand: a short Blazing Sword story Feedback

Shadows Interceptor

• 4 weeks later...

March has been a bit of a busy month, so I apologize for not getting around to this sooner. It was honestly a really good piece of writing, but what was really driven home to me while reading it was just how dangerous writing romance can be. I had to really struggle against the "this is not my ship" instincts and dislike of Florina as a character, to suspend my disbelief and move past it so that I could actually appreciate the way you conveyed the scene. The length was just about perfect, in my opinion, a nice bite-sized piece that didn't overstay its welcome. I wish I had more to offer you, and some actual bits of tangible advice for growth. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

No worries, March was a super busy month for me as well! Thank you very much for the feedback. Romance is indeed a dangerous genre to write, particularly when dealing with source material that allows for multiple romantic options. Some reader is always going to be disappointed. I feel your pain- I'm pretty adamant about some of my own ships too! But thank you so much for looking past that and telling me your thoughts on the story.