amiibo "has gone to work within the castle" ???

Vard

When you use amiibos for the 4th time, after you've recruited them, they comes to visit, and when you talk to them, they say something about helping out, and then the game says

"_____has gone to work within the castle"

can anyone please give details on what exactly does this mean? Ive done it with all 4 amiibos at least 3 times now and never see them anywhere.

Thanks

(Visit me to get the replicate skill and more for some units)

12938-81331

47716-58335

Like any characters in your army, they will now work in the shops or just chilling in the castle.

Edited by Nym

well after the 6th attempt of tapping amiibos and checking everywhere, i now see Lucina in my armory,

Thanks i guess i was just having odd luck

I saw Ike in my accessories shop right after scanning his Amiibo a fourth time, but nowhere else since. Do I have to scan the Amiibo every time I want to see him in a shop?

Edited by Anacybele

I'm pretty sure you do need to scan them every time.

They take over either the armory (making their imitation weapons available for sale) or the accessory shop (making their 2 accessories available for sale). IIRC, based on the text rip from the Japanese version, they don't even have lines for anything else out of the castle stuff.

Edited by NeonZ

f8EYF5M.jpg

I've never seen any amiibo hanging around outside, but Lucina seems to really like being in my accessory shop.

Well no duh Lucina. You have no sense of style and no sense of humor as your friends noted on multiple occasions.

I stuck a chef hat on Robin, but alas, he never showed up there.

Pretty sure scanning them in causes them to replace whoever is running either the armory or accessory shop only.

If being able to scan in the amiibos to get these units returns next game, I hope they make them more complete. Give them proper level-up text, let them appear in other My Castle buildings like the restaurant and hot springs, make them Supportable, ect.

I get the impression that IS doesn't want old characters to have that much presence. They include them as fanservice, but also don't want them to be on par, and overshadow, the new main cast. The fact that they have voiced lines, but no written text for level ups is a pretty strong indication of that.

Even regarding the actual returning Awakening characters in the main cast, note how they skipped Chrom, Lucina and Robin, even though otherwise it was popularity based.

Edited by NeonZ

I imagine Robin and Lucina were skipped because they have Amiibo. As for Chrom, he was a lord and tied to royalty, which I guess kind of would've complicated things.

Chrom and Robin would have been just clone characters though, like Rhajat, rather than the actual ones. But yet they didn't include them, skipping Chrom for Gaius and female Robin for Cordelia, presumably because they were actual main characters before.

Even Lucina wouldn't clash that much with the Amiibo since she'd get a new outfit, and would be moved to some standard Fates class, like what happened with Owain and the others, while Amiibo Lucina would still be a Great Lord.

Edited by NeonZ

And there would still be no reason to have a Robin or Lucina carbon copy like Gaius, Tharja, and Cordelia got when you can get Robin and Lucina themselves from their Amiibo, like I said. You're missing the point completely.

Chrom was a main character and all and that probably would've complicated things a bit. Again, like I said.

When you put an amiibo to work s/he appear in a store but when you put another amiibo s/he will be at the same store than the other amiibo

I bought all of their weapons in the armory:)

The weapons are

Marth's Spatha

Ike's Backup

Lucina's Estoc

Robin's Primer

Ike seems to appear only in the Armory for me. I've never actually seen him in the Accessory Shop. Besides his Pauldron, what's his other accessory?

Ike seems to appear only in the Armory for me. I've never actually seen him in the Accessory Shop. Besides his Pauldron, what's his other accessory?

It's Yune's Pauldron, I think. He was in my accessories shop the only time I scanned him after recruiting him. :P

And there would still be no reason to have a Robin or Lucina carbon copy like Gaius, Tharja, and Cordelia got when you can get Robin and Lucina themselves from their Amiibo, like I said. You're missing the point completely.

Chrom was a main character and all and that probably would've complicated things a bit. Again, like I said.

And you seem to be missing my point. "Chrom was a main character and all" applies to all of them. Robin, Lucina and Chrom all were main characters and all were ignored when they went to chose returning characters that otherwise were based on popularity.

Also, it'd be a female Robin clone taking Cordelia's place based on the rankings, not the male one. She was number 2 in the official IS Awakening popularity poll for females, with Tharja in 3rd, and Cordelia in 4th (although technically male Robin could take Gaius' place too since he also ranked above him).

Edited by NeonZ

So let me get something straight.... Amibo characters are basically like 'special' generic units, by that I mean like you cant interact with them or make relations with them, they are just there,like any other Capturable Unit, right ?

And you seem to be missing my point. "Chrom was a main character and all" applies to all of them. Robin, Lucina and Chrom all were main characters and all were ignored when they went to chose returning characters that otherwise were based on popularity.

Also, it'd be a female Robin clone taking Cordelia's place based on the rankings, not the male one. She was number 2 in the official IS Awakening popularity poll for females, with Tharja in 3rd, and Cordelia in 4th (although technically male Robin could take Gaius' place too since he also ranked above him).

And why would IS have any reason to make Robin and Lucina clones when they could put them in the game via Amiibo, which they did? That's my point, which you are STILL missing.

Edited by Anacybele

And why would IS have any reason to make Robin and Lucina clones when they could put them in the game via Amiibo, which they did? That's my point, which you are STILL missing.

Why not? They were going for poular characters and Lucina was the most popular one. Amiibo Lucina doesn't have the full features of an actual cast member, like supports, etc. A returning Lucina would have all that. Besides the game goes out of its way to establish that the Amiibo Lucina isn't actually the Lucina from the world Odin and the others came from. Amiibo Lucina could still be there for the classic look.

Putting aside the male Robin and Lucina cases, Female Robin isn't in the game even as an Amiibo. A 2nd gen clone version of her would have a different outfit from male Robin and would have a standard Hoshido class, so by that point they'd be completely different.

Edited by NeonZ

Why not? BECAUSE THEY'RE ALREADY IN THE GAME AS AMIIBO. How many times must I say this?! The Amiibo have the fortune of being the real Robin and Lucina instead of clones. I know I'd rather have the real Ike than a clone of him.

Why not? BECAUSE THEY'RE ALREADY IN THE GAME AS AMIIBO. How many times must I say this?! The Amiibo have the fortune of being the real Robin and Lucina instead of clones. I know I'd rather have the real Ike than a clone of him.

Except it's specifically said that Amiibo Lucina isn't the actual Lucina. If they had added Lucina as an actual character, she wouldn't have the same outfit or clothing as in Awakening but she'd be the real character, just like Owain and Inigo (although in this scenario Severa likely wouldn't return).

They didn't do it because they didn't want to add main characters, not because of any Amiibo stuff, otherwise there would be a Chrom clone there.

Edited by NeonZ

Except it's specifically said that Amiibo Lucina isn't the actual Lucina. If they had added Lucina as an actual character, she wouldn't have the same outfit or clothing as in Awakening but she'd be the real character, just like Owain and Inigo (although in this scenario Severa likely wouldn't return).

They didn't do it because they didn't want to add main characters, not because of any Amiibo stuff, otherwise there would be a Chrom clone there.

...lolwut? You really have no idea what you're talking about. How is the Amiibo Lucina not a real Lucina? She looks like Lucina, dresses like Lucina, says her name is Lucina, has the Parallel Falchion, and recognizes Odin, Selena, and Laslow as Owain, Severa, and Inigo. Nothing ever says that this is a fake Lucina, only that it's not the Lucina that the other kids know. She's simply a Lucina from a different timeline. But she is still Lucina herself rather than some clone with a different name.

They excluded Lucina because of Amiibo and Chrom because he was a main character, it's fact. And possibly, it could be seen as odd to have a Chrom clone and not a Lucina one.

Edited by Anacybele