Please help me with some pairings decisions

Stravask

Hey ya'll, I'm really struggling with making some decisions regarding some pairings in my Conquest campaign and I was hoping I could get some advice and opinions.

So far, what I think I'm going with is:

-MC/Felicia (or Ophelia or Velouria, depending on their parents)

-Jakob/Camilla, or Jakob/Nyx (I really want a Dwyer who can potentially do mage stuff, just can't decide between these two)

-Xander/Selena (I was told Xander/Charlotte makes a much better Siegbert?)

-Benny/Beruka

-Leo/Felicia or Leo/Nyx? (Can't decide who to pair Nyx with, Jakob or Leo)

-Odin/Elise

-Effie/Arthur

-Keaton/Camilla or Keaton/Charlotte? (was told Keaton pairs well with Camilla. Originally planned on doing Keaton/Charlotte but if Xander pairs with Charlotte instead of Selena I can't really pull that off)

-Kaze/Azura (Dat speed doe. Not sure if this is a waste of Azura?)

I'm really tearing my hair out about this, if you guys could give me suggestions and stuff I'd really appreciate it because I'm apparently too finicky about it to make definitive choices this time around.

Biggest things to keep in mind are:

-Not sure who I wanna pair MC wiht yet

-Dwyer is my favorite kid character and really wanna make him one of the DLC classes later, so I'm really wanting to make sure he ends up with the potential for good Mag stats.

Thanks in advance to anyone with opinions!

Stat stacking tends to lead to more effective characters than spacing out the mods. Making Dwyer so he can try to use magic is just going to make him less effective considering he already receives negative stats for Magic from Jakob. Between your pairings Camilla over Nyx for Dwyer

Leo with Nyx on your pairings

Selena gives negative Strength while Charlotte gives 3 giving Siegbert +6 Str overall.

I like Effie for Keaton personally (mods wise), but I loathe Percy and don't care how he turns out at all. If you're potentially going with Velouria you can get quite a bit of strength by putting Carlotte or Effie with Keaton giving you a strong 3rd gen Kana.

What class are you wanting Dwyer to end as?

Stat stacking tends to lead to more effective characters than spacing out the mods. Making Dwyer so he can try to use magic is just going to make him less effective considering he already receives negative stats for Magic from Jakob. Between your pairings Camilla over Nyx for Dwyer

Leo with Nyx on your pairings

Selena gives negative Strength while Charlotte gives 3 giving Siegbert +6 Str overall.

I like Effie for Keaton personally (mods wise), but I loathe Percy and don't care how he turns out at all. If you're potentially going with Velouria you can get quite a bit of strength by putting Carlotte or Effie with Keaton giving you a strong 3rd gen Kana.

What class are you wanting Dwyer to end as?

I'm not 100% sure what class I want Dwyer to end as, I'm thinking Dark Falconer or maybe the DLC Grandmaster.

Truth be told I just always enjoyed mages and seeing as Dwyer is my favorite child character I kinda wanted him to have Mag potential, or at least enough that if I classed him as a Dread Fighter he could potentially use the Mag-based weapons without getting screwed over.

Is there a generally accepted "best pairing" option for Jakob?

Also thank you very much for the input, it's very appreciated! :)

I'm not 100% sure what class I want Dwyer to end as, I'm thinking Dark Falconer or maybe the DLC Grandmaster.

Truth be told I just always enjoyed mages and seeing as Dwyer is my favorite child character I kinda wanted him to have Mag potential, or at least enough that if I classed him as a Dread Fighter he could potentially use the Mag-based weapons without getting screwed over.

Is there a generally accepted "best pairing" option for Jakob?

Also thank you very much for the input, it's very appreciated! :)

The pairing that I've seen work the most for Jakob is sadly relegated to Birthright and Revelation: Kagero. She makes a crazy strong Dwyer and all 3 of them can use any Hidden Weapon class in the game.

The pairing that I've seen work the most for Jakob is sadly relegated to Birthright and Revelation: Kagero. She makes a crazy strong Dwyer and all 3 of them can use any Hidden Weapon class in the game.

Thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind for my Revelation/Birthright playthroughs!

Any tips for Conquest?

Unfortunately, I'm only on Chapter 14 of Conquest now (I really hate my job, barely any time for Fates...), but I can definitely say you will want to Pair characters for the Main Story, don't worry about Optimizing the kids much. For example, I early Promoted my Arthur to Berserker solely to be a great Pair Up statbot for Effie. You can take the same approach for both Charlotte (for Xander) and Nyx (for Leo). From what I've seen, your Pairings look fine. If you want, here's what I'm rolling with (bare in mind that I'm on Normal/Classic)

Female Corrin x Jakob

Azura x Kaze

Silas x Selena

Arthur x Effie

Odin x Elise

Keaton x Camilla

Leo x Nyx

Xander x Charlotte

Benny x Beruka

Niles x Felicia (I really should have used Mozu, but whatever)

Laslow x Peri

Edited by Avalanche

Unfortunately, I'm only on Chapter 14 of Conquest now (I really hate my job, barely any time for Fates...), but I can definitely say you will want to Pair characters for the Main Story, don't worry about Optimizing the kids much. For example, I early Promoted my Arthur to Berserker solely to be a great Pair Up statbot for Effie. You can take the same approach for both Charlotte (for Xander) and Nyx (for Leo). From what I've seen, your Pairings look fine. If you want, here's what I'm rolling with (bare in mind that I'm on Normal/Classic)

Female Corrin x Jakob

Azura x Kaze

Silas x Selena

Arthur x Effie

Odin x Elise

Keaton x Camilla

Leo x Nyx

Xander x Charlotte

Benny x Beruka

Niles x Felicia (I really should have used Mozu, but whatever)

Laslow x Peri

Seeing as i'm a male Corrin, suggestions for alternates for Keaton if I marry Camilla to Jakob?

Seeing as i'm a male Corrin, suggestions for alternates for Keaton if I marry Camilla to Jakob?

Any physical character does fine with Keaton and his kid (their basically just Keaton 2.0). Charlotte and Effie are popular since they give the child a whopping +7 Strength Modifier. However, as long as you don't pair Keaton with a Mage, his daughter will work fine.

Edited by Avalanche

Any physical character does fine with Keaton and his kid (their basically just Keaton 2.0). Charlotte and Effie are popular since they give the child a whopping +7 Strength Modifier. However, as long as you don't pair Keaton with a Mage, his daughter will work fine.

Ahhh.

I heard a Selena!Siegbert is inferior to Charlotte!Siegbert, but I might have to end up giving Charlotte to Keaton, since Effie is already paired with Arthur..

Is there a reason Mozu should pair with Niles? You mentioned it in your pairings and I was wondering if there's something I'm missing.

Also, I've paired Elise with Odin for Ophelia, is Selena/Jakob better than Camilla/Jakob?

At the moment it looks like I'm going to have to decide how to pair Camilla, Charlotte and Selena with Xander, Keaton and Jakob and I'm not sure how.

I've already paired

Arthur/Effie

Odin/Elise

Kaze/Azura

So I've still got a fairly sizeable pool of characters to work with, I'm just trying to figure out how to end up with a decent Dwyer who can use magic without ruining other children.

What I'm considering is:

Xander/Charlotte

Jakob/Camilla

Keaton/Peri

Laslow/Selena

Silas/Mozu

Leo/Nyx

Benny/Beruka

Niles/Felicia

Alternatively:

Jakob/Nyx

Leo/Felicia

Keaton/Camilla

Laslow/Peri

Silas/Serena

Niles/Mozu

Benny/Beruka

Does one of those two look particularly better?

Edited by Stravask

Ahhh.

I heard a Selena!Siegbert is inferior to Charlotte!Siegbert, but I might have to end up giving Charlotte to Keaton, since Effie is already paired with Arthur..

Is there a reason Mozu should pair with Niles? You mentioned it in your pairings and I was wondering if there's something I'm missing.

Also, I've paired Elise with Odin for Ophelia, is Selena/Jakob better than Camilla/Jakob?

At the moment it looks like I'm going to have to decide how to pair Camilla, Charlotte and Selena with Xander, Keaton and Jakob and I'm not sure how.

I've already paired

Arthur/Effie

Odin/Elise

Kaze/Azura

So I've still got a fairly sizeable pool of characters to work with, I'm just trying to figure out how to end up with a decent Dwyer who can use magic without ruining other children.

What I'm considering is:

Xander/Charlotte

Jakob/Camilla

Keaton/Peri

Laslow/Selena

Silas/Mozu

Leo/Nyx

Benny/Beruka

Niles/Felicia

Alternatively:

Jakob/Nyx

Leo/Felicia

Keaton/Camilla

Laslow/Peri

Silas/Serena

Niles/Mozu

Benny/Beruka

Does one of those two look particularly better?

I'd say your first formation looks a bit better. Every Pairing looks solid and most can be done as soon as the dad joins.