The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

I managed to hold off on cheesing with him despite being extremely trash about him(kept his exp up with bosskills and child paralogue high lv enemies, but otherwise trying to use the rest of my team as much as possible)

then Chapter 23 happens and I'm like

you know what

fuck it

I can probably figure it out without Ryoma but do I want to

and so I let him loose on the world

It was great

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The highlight of my first Birthright run was in Chapter 25. There's a Entrap Strategist that pulls in one of your units into a room full of enemies. I was like "screw you game", and let the Strategist draw in Ryoma. He killed everything. It was awesome.

So far i've beaten Revelations on Lunatic and I'm currently on Nohr chapter 26. the infinite hexing rod use is annoying as fuck. the boss and all the maids have this skill. I'm having trouble keeping my units alive. need to think of a new plan.

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in Birthright followed Takumi's lead and developed an inferiority complex frankly.

As for Nohr 26...I couldn't really figure out a pattern of Iago's staff use at all so I just hoped he didn't Hexing Staff important people.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Someone on reddit (paraphrased) said something along the lines of "Birthright's so easy because Ryoma just goes around and deletes all the Elites off screen for you so you just clean up after him"

and of course, cleaning up after him still involves him deleting room fulls of fuckers anyway

ITT Birthright is brainless and damn if it isn't true.

As for Nohr 26...I couldn't really figure out a pattern of Iago's staff use at all so I just hoped he didn't Hexing Staff important people.

He uses them in the order that they appear in his inventory. Enfeeble --> Freeze --> Silence --> Hex. Even if you are out of his staff range for a turn, the cycle continues. Example: If there's no one in his staff range for Enfeeble in turn 1, then he'll still cycle to Freeze on turn 2. Hope that helped.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Even if you don't use Ryoma, you can pretty much just train Saizo or use a Corrin with strong 1-2 range to replace him quite well. Birthright really is a joke.

Nohr Lunatic so far isn't as hard as FE12 Lunatic but I'm not looking forward to lategame because of fucking Negative Chain and Staff Savant. Those skills are the worst.

I'm currently doing a lunatic run for Revelations and it's my first Lunatic run for Fates, so I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice. I just recruited Camilla and haven't had too much trouble yet. What are the most challenging maps and which units are worth using?

Even if you don't use Ryoma, you can pretty much just train Saizo or use a Corrin with strong 1-2 range to replace him quite well. Birthright really is a joke.

Nohr Lunatic so far isn't as hard as FE12 Lunatic but I'm not looking forward to lategame because of fucking Negative Chain and Staff Savant. Those skills are the worst.

I would rate conquest overall on 12's level for lunatic tbh. 12 just gives up after fire dragon gangbang.

Reverse lunatic on the other hand >.>

Edited by joshcja

Agreed that CQ Lunatic is not on FE12 LM's level. It just has a crazy curve where most of the game is pretty ez then the last 2 or 3 chapters chapters are like the hardest thing ever.

Hmm, I actually thought Birthright Lunatic was harder than Conquest Hard because Ryoma to some extent relies on dodging and vantage crits/astra and the lategame can’t be turtle’d very well (and I had a lot of near 20/20 kids even). Only Corrin in certain builds is truly (very reliably) steamrolly throughout the game.

In Conquest Hard, Xander, Camilla, Leo (with horse/reverse God) are all completely ridiculous, with a lot of raw durability as well. There’s also less massive waves of enemies, so things are easier to turtle (except endgame).

I thought Conquest Lunatic was harder than FE12, because the latter has much simpler math, and it was mostly math that had been part of FE for a long time. Ambushes can surprise you, but otherwise if you knew the AI quirks the positioning felt pretty logical/intuitive to me. Also statbooster’d Kris steamrolls a lot of the game, if available. Both lategames can get crazy, and encourage fast play through them.

In Conquest I remember I had to calculate auras, debuffs, percentage-based stuff, attack stances, dual guard meter, check various weapon bonuses, pp only skills, and so on. There were also obscure mechanics like individual character pair up bonuses which seemed random at the time. It was kinda a mess especially if one can’t read Japanese. Though now it’s understood that it’s possible to bypass a lot of the mechanics with smart reclasses/Pair Ups, so it feels a lot easier. And there’s always DLC/My Castle, if one chooses to use it, which can also make things much simpler (much moreso than Rainbow Potion, as strong as it is).

I'm currently doing a lunatic run for Revelations and it's my first Lunatic run for Fates, so I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice. I just recruited Camilla and haven't had too much trouble yet. What are the most challenging maps and which units are worth using?

The siblings are still the siblings, though Leo now has easier access to Horse Spirit, while Hinoka's Hp got nerfed.

Hayato is notable because his bases got buffed greatly from Birthright, his growths were always good, and he can conveniently marry Nyx for Dark Knight.

Silas got a durability buff but a Spd nerf, but there's ways to deal with it. Tonics/Pair Up/Practice Katana/etc.

Kagero's durability is kinda terrible but Shurikens are strong, especially with access to effective damage on both Horses/Armors. And her high Str isn't as overkill. Compared to say Ryoma, she also has a niche of having very high Res.

Don't feel like any maps are particularly challenging, just some can be slow to play through.

Edited by XeKr

I feel like if you throw Ryoma at shit he has WTA on the dodging is very reliable and I generally don't have to care much after that happens

I remember in 25 I was wiping the room of Berserkers but a General was coming after me so I just outmoved the General, killed all the Zerks, and then swapped to Dual Katana and fucked up the General too

like the rest of my team was hanging out in a group together and Ryoma kinda just went yolo

I think Ryomawiping takes a bit more good positioning than say, Solsferatu Robin from FE13, but given WTA in play it's pretty reliable and there's many times where the thing Ryoma needs to cut a path through is that big group of Berserkers

Edited by Thor Odinson

Eh, in casual play I try to minimize resets to the very best of my ability (like avoid 1% crits if possible), so I would prefer dodge tanking to have more leniency. Ryoma is like 2-3hko’d and fights a lot of enemies, so (given how probability works) it’s kinda risky. Again in Conquest you have a number of very strong units with concrete durability, and often can bait enemies in small groups or through small corridors.

Vantage Astra/Crit are nice but aren’t great odds either, it’s probably around a 130% multiplicative boost to “avoid”/chance of survival. Dual guard does complicate things.

In more efficient play it’s just something to live with, though he might be kinda underleveled given all the Rescue the game throws at you. And ofc others generally have it worse.

I usually have him in DG all the time--although I suppose I should run some calcs of how much hit things have on Ryo before Duelist's Blow--but theres times I forget to have it on him (during postgame shenanigans) and given WTA he still faces 0 hit, even without it.

Scarlet's a really good pairup partner for him and I'm salty every day they can't support.

Actually I wonder how Ryo does with Sol if you screw him and give him access to Fighter since he has actual 1-2 range that can proc

For raw durability though I actually found Guard Naginata Shiro to be absolutely baller. I think with appropriate boosts I've had him hit...41? Which is nuts.

Spear Masters are so good. Durable, can get more durable, and has Speed/Def double debuff.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Ryoma also benefits pretty highly from Seraph Robes/Dracoshields- granted your other units probably want them too but their offense is probably inferior. It helps that Birthright throws tons of gold at you so you can easily buy the ones in the shop as well.

Edited by -Cynthia-

So I decided to do a run of Ch19 Conquest without lowmanning or using Effie/Xander/Benny. I generally don't like lowmanning chapters unless im deliberately LTCing, so I decided to try it out deploying a normal set of units. While I still don't like the gimmick they used to amp up the difficulty because... its a gimmick, I realized that there is a bit more depth to the chapter than I initially believed.

There is a pattern for how the foxes aggro and cloak-decloak that you can exploit that actually makes the chapter a lot more doable. When I figured this out it opened up a lot more strategy to actually approach the chapter, which is why I wanted to try it without the use of any extremely bulky units. I feel like this chapter really challenges how well you understand the attack/guard stance of the game more than anything. For the most part up until this chapter, you can kinda get away with just sticking your strong units into guard stance and playing a really turtly style because of how fast you build gauge with doubles.

For this chapter though, unless you lowman, you really need to make effective use of Keaton/beastkiller weapons with attack stance and careful positioning to clear out big groups of enemies in one player phase turn, or your squishy units just get mauled by the foxes instantly on EP. I actually had a ton of fun thinking of the best ways to aggro mobs when none of my units could tank more than 1-2 depending on guard stance meter. Way more fun than I had lowmanning this chapter, thats for sure. I came to realize that the most annoying part of this chapter isn't the fact that the foxes all have pass/beastkiller/cloaking, but more the fact that literally NOBODY on your team ever has reliable hit rates. I actually found the only use for Kumagera all playthrough so far in this chapter, simply because he comes with certain blow and can survive 1-2 attacks on EP, depending on the type of fox.

Gonna try to get through Ch21 without lowmanning next, although I'm pretty positive I'll need at least one of Xander/Benny/Effie for that one. Those stoneborn HURT.

So I decided to do a run of Ch19 Conquest without lowmanning or using Effie/Xander/Benny. I generally don't like lowmanning chapters unless im deliberately LTCing, so I decided to try it out deploying a normal set of units. While I still don't like the gimmick they used to amp up the difficulty because... its a gimmick, I realized that there is a bit more depth to the chapter than I initially believed.

There is a pattern for how the foxes aggro and cloak-decloak that you can exploit that actually makes the chapter a lot more doable. When I figured this out it opened up a lot more strategy to actually approach the chapter, which is why I wanted to try it without the use of any extremely bulky units. I feel like this chapter really challenges how well you understand the attack/guard stance of the game more than anything. For the most part up until this chapter, you can kinda get away with just sticking your strong units into guard stance and playing a really turtly style because of how fast you build gauge with doubles.

For this chapter though, unless you lowman, you really need to make effective use of Keaton/beastkiller weapons with attack stance and careful positioning to clear out big groups of enemies in one player phase turn, or your squishy units just get mauled by the foxes instantly on EP. I actually had a ton of fun thinking of the best ways to aggro mobs when none of my units could tank more than 1-2 depending on guard stance meter. Way more fun than I had lowmanning this chapter, thats for sure. I came to realize that the most annoying part of this chapter isn't the fact that the foxes all have pass/beastkiller/cloaking, but more the fact that literally NOBODY on your team ever has reliable hit rates. I actually found the only use for Kumagera all playthrough so far in this chapter, simply because he comes with certain blow and can survive 1-2 attacks on EP, depending on the type of fox.

Gonna try to get through Ch21 without lowmanning next, although I'm pretty positive I'll need at least one of Xander/Benny/Effie for that one. Those stoneborn HURT.

Yes the 19-21 block of maps is 100% pace based and not random at all. Use sorcerers, Nos totally trivializes the mixed aggro set and heartseeker makes hit rates 100%. (32 magic is the benchmark to orko every life or death enemy on 19 with forged nos @ mag pot+rally magic+magik knight pairup/ sorc pairup+mag pot in that chapter while pre dance 29/28 speed is the benchmark to not be doubled by the stacked foxes which can set up really fast high man clears if you use the tree)

Low manning them is kinda pointless as they're just free exp/items once you learn the pattern

For 21 faceless can be EPed by high magic nos and stoneborne have 0 resistance so any mage in a magik knight reclass just burns them with lightning (free lunge). It's a pretty straightforward roll, you really don't even need the dragon veins outside of positioning the last group of 4 big rock stonies.

Xander and the armor/pony patrol really are not super useful on the 19-21 block, they kinda just cry themselves to sleep.

Edited by joshcja

Keaton isn't that good on ch.19 on Lunatic, at least on my experience, because of suicidal line of death beastbane foxes.

Also the game trolled me by giving me a Hunter's bow on Ch.20 on MyCastle.

Just cleared Lunatic Birthright. It was okay I guess, though it kind of got boring to me as I played through. The only chapter that really gave me any trouble was the one with Camilla spamming Dragon Veins.