The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

Once I get the game, I'll probably start with Lunatic.

And not only lunatic : Hoshido-Girl-Only (Kaze/MaleMU allowed, Gunter allowed) and Conquest-Boy-Only (GirlMU allowed, I think that's all).

This is gonna be a world of fun.

Wow. That first one makes me want to throw this in:

That being said, I'm interested in trying to conquer Lunatic this time around, so yeah.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started every game on lunatic. Hoshido was a joke aside from c23. Conquest has been really cool. C26 gave me a headache but eventually i figured a strat around everything and beat it super easy. Ive been stuck for 3 days on endgame though. This chapter seems impossible with my team and without rescue. In particular the staff formation and ninjas with inevitable end make it so i cant really aggro but stalling isnt viable either...help?

If i finish it thanks to you guys ill share my c26 strat with u all...jk ill share it anyway but plz help a man out. Endgame is so dumb.

Edited by PKL

I started every game on lunatic. Hoshido was a joke aside from c23. Conquest has been really cool. C26 gave me a headache but eventually i figured a strat around everything and beat it super easy. Ive been stuck for 3 days on endgame though. This chapter seems impossible with my team and without rescue. In particular the staff formation and ninjas with inevitable end make it so i cant really aggro but stalling isnt viable either...help?

If i finish it thanks to you guys ill share my c26 strat with u all...jk ill share it anyway but plz help a man out. Endgame is so dumb.

Do you have any paralouges open to patch up your skill builds for shurikenbreaker/did you pick up silence from ch 25?

Worst case scenario you can buy both entrap staves and every remaining freeze stave (just sac the free staffbots) to brute force the chapter with a heavily rigged forged brave+skillproc rush hiding your bosskiller under useless fodderbots

Edited by joshcja

Save child paralogues for late so you don't need to invest into them and can focus more exp into others. It's possible to have a whole team of 16 near 20/20. Can support grind some paralogues in MyCastle/DLC (Awakening one still free? btw I don't grind so I actually dunno if this works...)

Other than that, Silence for staves, Shurikenbreaker for Ninjas. Bifrost/captured units for tactical sacrifices. Play faster than reinforcements come.

Rescue/Pass enables an efficient clear from the safezone at the top of the level. But if you can survive even halfway through, you can probably entrap/lunge remaining enemies in the way and multiple refresh some units and skip the latter half.

Edited by XeKr

I need to sacrifice at least 1 child paralogue into exp since I kinda completely cheesed both 19 and 20 with Cam, Xander, and Corn (I got really fed up trying to deal with the wind in 20 so I kinda just flierskipped it) and I currently have Percy (yeah I know the meta is getting him early but I didn't really want to use up a slot when I can use his slot to get more of my team laid), Siegbert, and Kana open. I'm looking to use one of them to train the rest of my team but especially Niles (who will be getting Shurikenbreaker--Percy paralogue has a lot of fliers which is good but they all like to move at the same time which is not good) and also get S ranks on Cam x Niles, Kaze x Beruka, and Leo x Felicia. Trying to find a relatively easier one at the 20/6 level so I don't resort to making Cam/Xander/Corn do all the work, again. Cam's lv 12 after chapter 20, fucking nuts

I'm also willing to drop Beruka after she marries Kaze because she's mostly glorified ferry at this point, anyway--although she does help Kaze's bulk.

So yeah, between Percy, Siegbert, and Kana, which one is best to use to train some weaker units?

Edited by Thor Odinson

It's easier to do the paralogues before the enemies promote en masse and you just got Leo/Xander and Camilla/Jakob/etc are still steamroll-status.

In Percy's you might want to DV the enemies for money, but if exp is more important that could be a good training ground (prob use Camilla/Xander/etc with Hand Axe/Javelin to weaken rushing enemies but not kill). Siegbert's is relatively hard (imo). Kana's can be hard, but you can setup choke points with the river DV so maybe that one?

tbh, if you save Rescue there's plenty of exp to get a core team to near 20/20 (for 26, mainly) and then cheese 27/endgame.

Edited by XeKr

You can cheese percys paralouge out with a drugged up sorcerer leo if I remember right, he can just stand on the topright fort and consume 60% or so of the map while other mooks go do mook things.

Kanas paralouge is free feeding in attack stance. If you want to feed niles this is the one.

Fuck seigbets paralouge.

Edited by joshcja

Okay. I'll probably do Kana's, partially also bc I have experience there since I did it in birthright already---in conquest do they also have conquest lunatic skills, or do they're the same cross-route?

Lunge is the one I'm most worried about

Edited by Thor Odinson

Okay. I'll probably do Kana's, partially also bc I have experience there since I did it in birthright already---in conquest do they also have conquest lunatic skills, or do they're the same cross-route?

Lunge is the one I'm most worried about

I'm pretty certain that the shared paralogues don't change between routes, so Kana's should be relatively easy.

Kana's nice for grinding (esp. with the reinforcements coming after Turn 8 or 9 if I remember correctly?), Percy's can be a bit tricky and Dragon Veining them is perhaps more optimal, and Siegbert's is simiply annoying, especially on higher difficulties..

Hmmm really want to do Lunatic but I think I will wait for Revelations to come out before I do so lol since i played each story on different difficulties sooo why not just play Revelations on Lunatic and will probably do another run through on Lunatic for everything yay

Right now on chapter 16 Nohr Lunatic trying to figure out how I want to get through the chapter in the least amount of turns as well as nabbing the two freebie seals and who I should be sortieing to do it all. Sadly most of my units got quite a bit underleveled due to relying on my MU and Odin tanking the previous chapters and soaking most of the exp that under normal circumstances I would feed my weaker units but couldn't due to lol reinforcements #dangerzoneseverywherem8. Like my team average is at levels 13-16, whilst Odin is at 19 and my MU lvl1 Basara. I'd buy tonics more often, but I'd rather not go on a spending spree and waste most of my cash only to not be able to get some good resources later down the line. I'm also mainly been using bonus weapons and Iron weapons without having actually forged anything yet so that's also something I wanna do I suppose. As for Hoshido, so far playing through the game has been largely trivial for me. I'm on chapter 16 there as well and everyone that I've been using are roughly evenly-leveled at around 15-19 average. I also haven't forged anything in that playthrough either, but playing to the maps have been significantly easier imo compared to Nohr chapters like 10/12/14. Anyways, advice would be appreciated.

If this was the pirate ship map, I didn't care about turns. Never care about turns. The money isn't really worth it since it's +X and not taking from your current gold :P

Lunatic's been really easy, honestly. (I don't mean to brag, but it's probably because I got my ass kicked so bad in Lunatic+ Awakening that I say this, lol) I'd personally rate is somewhere above Awakening's hard, but not even quite as challenging as Awakening's Lunatic.

--> (For reference of how I'm playing it -> Conquest - Lunatic/Classic/NO DLC/No skill buying from castle battles/Rewards from visits allowed)

Honestly, sorcs are gods, yet again... or should I more so say, Vantage? It's insane how much that skill can turn battles, on top of dual guard system.

Hardest map for me so far is Ophelia's paralogue INCLUDING getting all 4 village rewards AND capturing the boss. That shit was a cat + mouse chase, lmao. Oh... and... Calamity Gate <3

If anyone has questions about particular map strategies (for Conquest) I can share :o

Edited by Rei-

For Chapter 16, send people who have decent Res and 1-2 range up top (like Leo, maybe Bolt Axe Camilla, maybe Corrin), send physically tanky units down to the bottom (Xander, reclassed Jakob, Effie etc.) The boss is the last soldier you talk to and don't forget he has Counter.

Is there an optimal spot to place the barricades on Soleil's Paralogue? Struggling to get past the latter portions of the map while still capturing the boss. I also waited way too long to get Ignatius, He nearly gets 1 rounded by the ninjas now, and my fliers can't survive the enemy buildup if I rush over to him X_X. I really wish they had just made him a playable unit from the start of the map like they do in the Velouria and Siegbert paralogues so you can promote him and keep him from getting destroyed.

I've done the paralogues for Forrest, Nina, Percy, Shigure, Sophie, and Velouria so far. None of them were particularly challenging except Percy's. The Forrest one is a bit annoying because enemy density is high and you need to move relatively fast, but with a couple units who can eat multiple EP attacks it wasn't too bad. Percy's wouldn't have been nearly as bad if I had waited to get Xander first, but I'm an idiot. Shigure's is free experience because of how the enemies are positioned, and it can be done in 1-2 turns easily as well if you want since its only defeat boss. The only hard parts about the Nina and Sophie paralogues are getting all the treasure and saving the villagers, who like running into the enemy berserkers for some reason.

For the ones I have left, Siegbert's and Ophelia's paralogues are looking pretty tricky. Dwyer's and Kana's don't look too bad, and I've already played through them once on hard, so I'm not too worried about them. Both maps are pretty straightforward.

The bottom room of Ch26 has been giving me nightmares.

In general for children paralogues it’s a tradeoff between doing them when they’re easy and getting units that contribute for longer vs. doing them later for more exp and strong, rng-proof units with better skill inheritance.

In Kana’s level, the reinforcements that show up every turn on different sides of the map can actually make it somewhat slow to rout. But it can be nice exp.

For Soleil’s, try to funnel them, tower defense style? I think it can help to play somewhat aggressive, though you do need a number of strong units. If I'm going to that chapter, I do find Ninja!Laslow decently strong with Sol and Strong Riposte, plus the usual Xander/Leo/Camilla/Corrin. It’s probably one of the harder lategame ones though.

For bottom room 26, it can be easier if you entrap Hans from near-ish the starting position. And if you have enough Rescue, use Silence in this chapter.

Edited by XeKr

For the bottom room in C26, you can have bulky units like Xander(reclass to Hero helps because Beastkillers) and Camilla equipped with Bronze Axes for crit evade. Have units that can take a hit behind them doing most of the damage. Izana can Rally Luck to reduce crit rates.

I would also recommend killing Hans on PP because otherwise he might crit and kill someone.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Lunatic's been really easy, honestly. (I don't mean to brag, but it's probably because I got my ass kicked so bad in Lunatic+ Awakening that I say this, lol) I'd personally rate is somewhere above Awakening's hard, but not even quite as challenging as Awakening's Lunatic.

--> (For reference of how I'm playing it -> Conquest - Lunatic/Classic/NO DLC/No skill buying from castle battles/Rewards from visits allowed)

Honestly, sorcs are gods, yet again... or should I more so say, Vantage? It's insane how much that skill can turn battles, on top of dual guard system.

Hardest map for me so far is Ophelia's paralogue INCLUDING getting all 4 village rewards AND capturing the boss. That shit was a cat + mouse chase, lmao. Oh... and... Calamity Gate <3

If anyone has questions about particular map strategies (for Conquest) I can share :o

You'll regret those words once you reach the neverending ride of torture that is ch. 24-Endgame.

Also is non-rescue Nohr!Endgame at least top 5 hardest maps in the series? At least hardest Endgame because dayum.

Edited by 1% critted

I think the Endgame is pretty much impossible if you don't have rescue, pass, or entrap. I do like how they've changed up from the norm and made the endgame the most difficult part of the game though. Most of the endgames are usually just jokes that you run through, but the endgames for both routes have been decently challenging. That being said, top 5 hardest maps in the series is a big statement.

Chapter 20 isn't that hard, just irritating. Managed to get every chest on the map in around 15 turns, and I wasted a few with not being aware of the wind pattern completely, as well as forgetting entering Fuga's room spawns a ton of reinforcements. The wind helps a lot for getting rid of Hayato's hexing rod fast if you play around it properly.

Edited by H4xDefender

I took one look at Nina's paralogue and it looks kinda intimidating. Should I do this one before the stats get super high, or leave until later for another instant shurikenbreaker unit? Or wait for Xander to stop being a flier at least?

Having Xander not be a flier is a huge help yeah. The shining bow adventurer's are pretty dangerous, If you want to get all the treasure before the thieves escape you'll definitely want to be able to send him around with impunity.

One more level, then.

Wyvern Xander is massively clutch on 19-21, though. I wonder if I should keep him that way for 22--he only needs 1 more level for swordbreaker now, or is that when the bows show up?

Edited by Thor Odinson