The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

[spoiler=Edit: for those friends of mine who keep telling me Arthur is bad (conquest endgame spoilers if anyone cares)]xBiIjL3.png

How did you get Arthur to deal so much damage to him? None of my units was able to deal that much damage to him and I was only able to 2 turn it with a lot of rescues and double dances

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berserker!arthur has a str cap of 41+axefaire and Doesnt has a lunge fetish so I'm assuming he went into draco at some point.

Arthur just fucking hurts if you actually use him

It's true. I A+'d him with Niles too so he could get Shurikenbreaker and Move+1 and he was oneshotting the C25 Ninjas with +2 Hand. It definitely helps if you recruit Percy and keep them near each other.

Edited by IsAnthraxBayad

I should tell you all that the RNG loves me, and that I should probably change my username for it, because on Chapter 25 I decided that Nyx was going to die because I was tired of the chapter and I needed to kill some enemies in the left room. She was facing 2 swordmasters that one-shot her with 69% hit rate on Enemy Phase, and she was unpaired, so I basically said GG.

Then she dodged twice, and killed them both. EASY.

Also the 4 puppets Lunge chained Xander so hard, he got to Saizou, and had like 10 defense (from 37).

Beat chapter 25. MVP of the chapter is BOTTLE for negating the crit Ryoma has on corn and thus able to self sustain on vulns until Xander got there. Thank you all who gave me advice! It was very useful, and I was able to get the chests and have my Xander x Ryoma fight to mirror the one I had on Birthright.

but anyway. I fucking did it. I got my tragic romance. Xander actually gets doubled by Ryoma with 2 speedwings worth of investment+tonics, but fortunately, Corn was carrying one dropped from Hinoka and clutch boosted him up 2 so he's no longer doubled. Bless.

Swordbreaker super clutch here. Ryoma doesn't crit Xander, but Astra and RH are both still very real threats, so reducing his hit rate definitely made it a lot more reliable--and of course, Ryoma actually did hit him once on that 19%.

You basically need to keep their range highlighted for the whole map to prevent this, yeah.

I did, but fun fact, if you enter the left room from the right side (the side with the swordmaster pair up) you get lunge chained all the way to saizo, but if you go through the left, they only lunge you inside the first room.

The problem is that I didn't know a way to tacke the left side, the walls make it too hard to Player phase kill all the enemies, and the puppetshave insane range, so I basically lucked out with Xander and Nyx and it worked. BowBreaker+Lucky Seven Adventurer!Niles almost solod the right side because all ninjas had 0 hit rate on him, and Leo took care of the master of arms. Now I'm doing Nina's paralogue and it's pretty challenging this late into the game (and I have no more entrap staves).

With all the insane builds people are listing here in the last few pages, I'm wondering if anyone beat Conquest Lunatic without reclassing and without child paralogues. I dislike both, so if I ever attempted Lunatic it'd be without those, but I dunno if it's even feasible the way people are talking here. Birthright Lunatic was easy even like this, though, and Revelation Lunatic's not too hard either.

With all the insane builds people are listing here in the last few pages, I'm wondering if anyone beat Conquest Lunatic without reclassing and without child paralogues. I dislike both, so if I ever attempted Lunatic it'd be without those, but I dunno if it's even feasible the way people are talking here. Birthright Lunatic was easy even like this, though, and Revelation Lunatic's not too hard either.

Reclassing? No that's just shooting yourself in the foot. I mean you COULD do it but the words "pure slogging turtley misery" come to mind.

Parents only is a thing though and its pretty fun.

Edited by joshcja

I've made it through Lunatic several times with using pretty minimal reclassing, most characters are fine in their base classes. Doing the child paralogues are nice for Exp, but I didn't use children much at all and the extra exp/items were more perks than necessities. Camilla/Leo/Xander are very capable prepromotes that should be useful throughout the game.

Siegbert Paralogue is an ass, so we fired it

Sorry can't resist that joke

I hate chapter 11. Its so easy(herp derp Camilla SMASH) but i can't help but to make mistake on it :(

Screw you Kaze. I'll punish you if you aren't as threatening as a boss as you are in the team >_>

Edited by JSND

For no reclass/children, it should be possible. I think most people rely on Corrin, Xander, Camilla, Niles, maybe Effie anyways, and they’re all fine in their base class.

Just maybe need to add Selena for Shurikenbreaker, if Niles gets Pass. Or just have Corrin strong enough.

Edited by XeKr

Beat Birthright chapter 24 a few hours ago, and it's probably one of my least favorite maps in the entire game, especially on Lunatic.

"Strategy? What's that? Just keep on sending in reinforcements!" - seriously, they just kept coming; where's the fun in turtling up to that extent?

I've done no children. No children+reclass is probably possible; Silas, Niles, Odin, Arthur, and Camilla all do a ton of work in their base classes. You also have Shura and the Ch24 Pass Falcoknights to get you through endgame.

Main difficulty is that you have relatively few fliers for midgame, and no good Kinshis; training Beruka up for the Beast Killer would probably be necessary if you don't kidnap a bird from Ch14.

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Beat Birthright chapter 24 a few hours ago, and it's probably one of my least favorite maps in the entire game, especially on Lunatic.

"Strategy? What's that? Just keep on sending in reinforcements!" - seriously, they just kept coming; where's the fun in turtling up to that extent?

You're not supposed to turtle in 24. It's one of the most well designed chapters in the route.

So, found it hilarious in revelations that after you clear ch 16, you get 1 chance to beat 17 because it DISALLOWS saving.

Cleared in 1 try ;)

(otherwise you have to redo 16 and 17) -- while they aren't really that 'hard' they are extremely long and annoying.

Edited by Rei-

You're not supposed to turtle in 24. It's one of the most well designed chapters in the route.

Really? I saw no other alternative since the reinforcement kept coming, and it would be impossible to charge in against both endless streams of enemies and magic turrets. How did you solve it?

I just made Ryoma lead the charge since Berserkers hitting him is a good joke and Magic Turrets can't kill (plus they do fixed damage and his res isn't too shabby), Shiro taking care of the Heros on the left with the swordcatcher from Caeldori's paralogue, oh no sorcs in the back, better throw Kaze at it while I keep moving forward

There's a general in Ryoma's way at some point, that's okay, keep out of its range while you kill zerkers then switch to a dual katana to fuck up its day too if it keeps on being a nuisance

And I cleared it right when the first set of fliers even showed up. Rush is is the way to play 24---it's kill boss after all.

I do wanna see if I can flierskip it, though

on another note, any tips for dealing with Iago and also the center room for 26? I can make it to the center room then generals fuck up my day and 2 people got hexroded already, silence is a 47% on him, this is not pleasant

Edited by Thor Odinson

I just made Ryoma lead the charge since Berserkers hitting him is a good joke and Magic Turrets can't kill (plus they do fixed damage and his res isn't too shabby), Shiro taking care of the Heros on the left with the swordcatcher from Caeldori's paralogue, oh no sorcs in the back, better throw Kaze at it while I keep moving forward

There's a general in Ryoma's way at some point, that's okay, keep out of its range while you kill zerkers then switch to a dual katana to fuck up its day too if it keeps on being a nuisance

And I cleared it right when the first set of fliers even showed up. Rush is is the way to play 24---it's kill boss after all.

I do wanna see if I can flierskip it, though

on another note, any tips for dealing with Iago and also the center room for 26? I can make it to the center room then generals fuck up my day and 2 people got hexroded already, silence is a 47% on him, this is not pleasant

Wait for the freeze cycle and either player phase it or let a high hp hammer userxdef pairup/ nostank solo it

Introduce iago to niles or kaze.

As for dealing with his staves they rotate based on turn order in the order they appear in his inventory regardless of if you're in his range or not.

Edited by joshcja

Really? I saw no other alternative since the reinforcement kept coming, and it would be impossible to charge in against both endless streams of enemies and magic turrets. How did you solve it?

Oh shit I though you said CQ 24 my bad. Now I feel silly. H24 is kill boss could probably just rescue someone w/ an axe splitter Katana and end it within a couple of turns tbh.

Oh shit I though you said CQ 24 my bad. Now I feel silly. H24 is kill boss could probably just rescue someone w/ an axe splitter Katana and end it within a couple of turns tbh.

Ah, that makes sense. Never had any problem with Conquest chapter 24; haven't lost a unit there in two playthroughs on hard, but I assume Lunatic is much closer.

I suppose it's possible to end it in a few turns by doing that, and I did consider it, but I beat it on my second try solely thanks to my Dread Fighters taking literally 0 damage from the Revenant Knights.