The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so I'm playing lunatic conquest, and due to an unfortunate gust of wind on chapter 20 I got stuck in a bad position and ended up just skipping the chests and seizing before I got screwed during the enemy phase. I'm blind on all the chapters after this, so I was wondering if the loot is worth it enough to go back and get it. I don't want to be suffering on the enxt chapters because I didn't get the extra rescue staff y'know

Absolutely go back and get that Rescue staff. Ch20 sucks but lategame without both of Conquest's Rescue staves sucks even more. There's also the Dragonstone+ if your avatar has C Dragonstones, which is extremely useful if you're lazy like me and don't bother to train them after 20/5. The third chest IIRC just has gold.

Finally beat chapter 26

will my suffering be over only chapter 27 will tell

Also even beast slayers cannot stop xander from tanking, bless that man

Edited by Thor Odinson

For all everyone complained about CQ20, once i realized the wind works on me only it was pretty straightforward

My strat was to just stand downwind of each group of enemies, then manmode and clear each platform one by one.

Im lame and using Nohr Noble MU; also definitely not using optimal class builds

Edited by CT075

Finally beat chapter 26

will my suffering be over only chapter 27 will tell

Also even beast slayers cannot stop xander from tanking, bless that man

In Chapter 27, I just deployed my 4 strongest units, pair up bots, and no one else.

You can redeploy units for the next Chapter.

I can finally join this club since I beat Birthright on Lunatic! Time to move on to Revelation.

I...I don't think I could've done this if I didn't give Ryouma Lancebreaker. He could dodge tank essentially everything towards the end.

LB Ryoma could sorta be replicated by positioning + Dual Katana aka don't go into lance range until you wipe out shit that isn't lances, then smack lances in the face

But LB Ryoma you can pretty much place anywhere ever haha

Anyway 27 is easymode, but 28 I'm a bit stumped on--given enough trials I'd be able to figure out the 2 turn but I'd still have to beat 27 again every time to do so.

I have 1 9 move-after-pairup staffer (Nina) with Pass, Leo can use galeforce to carry someone else a bit further down (kill sth with leo then get a staffer to pair on to him, etc). The other available staffers I have (without pass) are Izana, Shura, Forrest, Elise, and Felicia, with Elise and Forrest having the staff rank to use Entrap if necessary. I can also get someone to use Enfeeble but idk if I can get a second staffer that close to the boss.

I'm not sure how much corn does to Takumi or if I can oneround him, though. I bought the soldier knife if I need braves. Corn has 32 str by herself and can be boosted up some with tonics and pairup, though I don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head.

Edited by Thor Odinson

LB Ryoma could sorta be replicated by positioning + Dual Katana aka don't go into lance range until you wipe out shit that isn't lances, then smack lances in the face

But LB Ryoma you can pretty much place anywhere ever haha

Anyway 27 is easymode, but 28 I'm a bit stumped on--given enough trials I'd be able to figure out the 2 turn but I'd still have to beat 27 again every time to do so.

I have 1 9 move-after-pairup staffer (Nina) with Pass, Leo can use galeforce to carry someone else a bit further down (kill sth with leo then get a staffer to pair on to him, etc). The other available staffers I have (without pass) are Izana, Shura, Forrest, Elise, and Felicia, with Elise and Forrest having the staff rank to use Entrap if necessary. I can also get someone to use Enfeeble but idk if I can get a second staffer that close to the boss.

I'm not sure how much corn does to Takumi or if I can oneround him, though. I bought the soldier knife if I need braves. Corn has 32 str by herself and can be boosted up some with tonics and pairup, though I don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head.

It's actually pretty hard to orko zambie takumi without a trained up sorc/zerker I don't think ninja corin is going to pull it off vs WTA disadvantage with ninja strength caps.

28 doesn't save so unless you want a perfect clear (oh boy generic endings) you can just walk to him on a mountain of corpses and just hide your boss killer under xander.

Or you could settle for a 3 turn/Brave him with a super pumped GK xander?

Edited by joshcja

It's actually pretty hard to orko zambie takumi without a trained up sorc/zerker I don't think ninja corin is going to pull it off vs WTA disadvantage with ninja strength caps.

28 doesn't save so unless you want a perfect clear (oh boy generic endings) you can just walk to him on a mountain of corpses and just hide your boss killer under xander.

Or you could settle for a 3 turn/Brave him with a super pumped GK xander?

Are there reinforcements that chapter? I might try the long way at tanking it or something. I don't think GK Xander has the speed required to quad, unfortunately. He has 29 as a Paladin and that's with all 3 speedwings. I suppose I could buy him a 4th from the shop, I got 20k to spare after all. I have a Sorc (Leo's 20/20), he's just also...slow. And doesn't have S rank tomes if you need him to use Excalibur or something. Does have bowbreaker for what it's worth.

I want a perfect clear mostly for having a perfect clear, don't care about endings much but if I can't do every chapter with no casualties then I failed.

Edited by Thor Odinson

28 has a shitton of reinforcements on Hard; every turn after 4 or so, some exploding Faceless appear in the water, and if you wait long enough random paired-up asshole units start showing up (Countermagic Onis, stacked Paladins, etc.). Never played past turn 2 on Lunatic but I assume the same is true there since, y'know, Lunatic. Lunatic also has to deal with more frequent map attacks from Takumi (though the cycle may just start earlier).

You're going to want a brave weapon to one-round Takumi btw; S-ranks are hilariously garbage. You can sell them for extra cash to buy genuinely useful items though.

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

28 has a shitton of reinforcements on Hard; every turn after 4 or so, some exploding Faceless appear in the water, and if you wait long enough random paired-up asshole units start showing up (Countermagic Onis, stacked Paladins, etc.). Never played past turn 2 on Lunatic but I assume the same is true there since, y'know, Lunatic. Lunatic also has to deal with more frequent map attacks from Takumi (though the cycle may just start earlier).

You're going to want a brave weapon to one-round Takumi btw; S-ranks are hilariously garbage. You can sell them for extra cash to buy genuinely useful items though.

I might be able to boost Leo to 35 speed to quad Takumi(based god izana pairups), though he does have poor move compared to the rest of my team (6 vs a 7-9, usually his son ferries him), I'll have to see though. He has speed+2 from a stint in Dark Flier, so that probably helps. Would reclassing him to strategist help for the chapter? I figure that'd boost his speed up and he already has bowbreaker from being Sorc.

I can try to get an enfeeble in, though I can't guaranteed how far any non-Nina staffer can go since none of them have pass except her.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I might be able to boost Leo to 35 speed to quad Takumi(based god izana pairups), though he does have poor move compared to the rest of my team (6 vs a 7-9, usually his son ferries him), I'll have to see though. He has speed+2 from a stint in Dark Flier, so that probably helps. Would reclassing him to strategist help for the chapter? I figure that'd boost his speed up and he already has bowbreaker from being Sorc.

I can try to get an enfeeble in, though I can't guaranteed how far any non-Nina staffer can go since none of them have pass except her.

Don't reclass leo for this, sorc has really insane bases/hidden stats (and S rank WTA) that make the kill MUCH more reliable. Leo should just need a solid +speed pairup to get his blick on though you can trigger pragmatic if he's still missing benchmarks somehow.

Edit: creative lunge use should let you get away with only one pass unit.

Edited by joshcja

Don't reclass leo for this, sorc has really insane bases/hidden stats (and S rank tomes) that make the kill MUCH more reliable. Leo should just need a solid +speed pairup to get his blick on though you can trigger pragmatic if he's still missing benchmarks.

Leo doesn't have S rank in tomes--I'm going for the brave tome, he reached A last chapter. Only S rank I do have is corn who...don't have a S rank weapon available anyway. Leo does have capped mag, though. If Izana's +4 speed fails, I could shove corn on to him. I think they have support rank.

Although, considering Yato is 16 mt and can deal with dragonskin, would Paladin or even GK corn work for this should Leo fail? She only has C rank swords, though, so brave sword is out of the question.

I'll get to this in practice in about 7 hours when I get home from work.

Edited by Thor Odinson

If you do a +Str Corn build that goes through Malig, you can ORKO him with Yato and A Gunter pair up I think. You need 35 to double him, which means you need at least 28 base if you do Rally + Yato + Tonic. I don't think you can do a meal for Chapter 28. You can get away with 27 if you bring base Laslow.

I'll need to try it next time to get a definitive answer. I did 33x2 though without Str+2 or Trample, and I think the combo of those two should give you 38x2 which would do it. I did have Defender though. I was able to proc Luna on one of the hits.

Edited by The Fir Coat

Lightning, got it.

If you do a +Str Corn build that goes through Malig, you can ORKO him with Yato and A Gunter pair up I think. You need 35 to double him, which means you need at least 28 base if you do Rally + Yato + Tonic. I don't think you can do a meal for Chapter 28. You can get away with 27 if you bring base Laslow.

I'll need to try it next time to get a definitive answer. I did 33x2 though without Str+2 or Trample, and I think the combo of those two should give you 38x2 which would do it. I did have Defender though. I was able to proc Luna on one of the hits.

I didn't do Malig, but I have capped str as ninja so if I swap to Paladin my str should also go up by 3 to 35. I have 34 speed as Ninja, and paladin drops that by 4. I do have a spare dread scroll I can go for and take a -3 speed instead of -4 and I can definitely bring Laslow.

Corn's 20/20 capped so I can't get the malig skills without blowing money on an eternal seal, although I do have an A rank with Camilla so I do have access to the class.

Actually what if I go ES->dread fighter and just duo 27 with Xander or something, would I be able to rack up 4 levels in 27 to hit aggressor?

I don't have Luna, but I have Dragonfang. Lethality, unfortunately, is useless here.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Lightning, got it.

I didn't do Malig, but I have capped str as ninja so if I swap to Paladin my str should also go up by 3 to 35. I have 34 speed as Ninja, and paladin drops that by 4. I do have a spare dread scroll I can go for and take a -3 speed instead of -4 and I can definitely bring Laslow.

Corn's 20/20 capped so I can't get the malig skills without blowing money on an eternal seal, although I do have an A rank with Camilla so I do have access to the class.

Actually what if I go ES->dread fighter and just duo 27 with Xander or something, would I be able to rack up 4 levels in 27 to hit aggressor?

If you have Luna and Dragon Fang, you can beat it the same way I did. Throw all the Secret books on Corn and then let RNGesus take the wheel. It isn't like either chapter takes all that long with proper cheese.

In my experience Takumi goes first to attack the person in front of him, although depending on the damage he does it's possible the Malig Knights or Paladins will go before him. His attack doesn't matter too much anyway since you'll have full guard gauge from your brave weapon onslaught, and if you're using Leo you should have Bowbreaker anyway.

Pretty disappointed with revelations lunatic so far. So many units are useless that it feels like FE12 again, your few strong units stomp everything, encouraging low manning, and some of the map gimmicks are downright irritating, like the ice chapter with zola. Like why have players spend 50 turns breaking ice to make sure all the drops are obtained? I benched units in birthright and conquest lunatic because there were too many units I wanted to use, but in revelations, seeing base units tick for 2 damage on their recruitment chapter is pretty off putting. The only thing most units can do on recruitment is 2RKO mages and plink fighters and savages, and catching characters up is a nightmare considering enemy stats compared to your own. Eventually I gave up on trying to use different units and started steamrolling the chapters with prepromotes, royals, and corrin. I just finished 16+17, and even though the combined chapters was a little unexpected, base xander with a speed pairup and a corrin that's bound to be fed at this point just demolishes everything. Honestly this route feels more like awakening than birthright lunatic ever did. I hope endgame gets better like it did for birthright, because this route had so much potential in story/atmosphere, but im pretty unimpressed so far, both with the story and gameplay.