The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

Doing my second Lunatic run of Conquest. This time I know reinforcement patterns so I decided to try routing Chs. 22-27, and so far it's worked well up to Ch. 23. But since I still don't really get Ch. 24 yet (Seriously I have no idea I pulled it off the first time...) I decided cheese a few My Castle battles to grind support points for units I won't be using otherwise, since I wanted to try all of the children paralogues this time. Quite satisfied with how I did Ignatius' paralogue, and somehow managed Soleil's one (though I only managed to save 2~3 of the green units so I only got the Friendship Seal; no Physic or Dracoshield for me...). Since I simply couldn't find the guts to do Siegbert's paralogue AGAIN (attempt in my 1st run of Nohr Lunatic took me like 5 hours, and I was very lucky with the RNG...), I decided to go for Ophelia's paralogue instead, which happened to be my first attempt...

All hell seems to break loose once the 2nd round of reinforcements from the top crashes in, as all the enemies start moving. I want to beat this before postgame though, so any suggestions? On top of enemies swarming from all sides, I also find the adventurers quite tricky to deal with; the first one I entrap (since I bought one for Forrest's paralogue, and since it has 2 uses I have 1 left), and the one from the bottom reinforcement I just kill, but the one from the top seems almost impossible to deal with. I have my reservations on using another Entrap staff (I'd like to save the 2nd batch from the Staff Store for the endgame), yet I must admit that things have been getting really hairy with this particular paralogue...

Ophys paralouge is manageable late if you trained Sorc odin@vantage, raid the villages ASAP then park ophelia with nos on the south fort under inspiration/male demosel and odin/leo with nos can sit on the fort, walk back for rallys, get danced , and walk back up.

The generals up top can be wasted with dragonstone/high def hammer tanking early, a decent res cav with a spear can blow through the top right dodgetank the horse spirit village with said tome, Take south right and ninja's with a def tonniced ophy ft support to set up a choke on the village fort.

That said the game really punishes you for taking ophy late as it kinda assumed you have a VERY stacked Odin going in.

Edited by joshcja

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a particular positioning I need to for Takumi to prioritize Leo before someone else moves? Because a ninja shows up and wrecks Leo before Takumi can attack him.

I'm gonna make another save and try getting Corn to Aggressor or sth

I can't believe it

My shitty "get eternal seal on corn reclass to dreadfighter and solo chapter 27"

fucking worked

got to 33x2 dmg on Takumi

proc dragonfang

2 turn

Man 28 is pretty awful if you're doing conquest basically blind and didn't specifically prepare for that chapter like, 25 and 26? They're suffering but I have a tactical appreciation for them after I've beaten them (but also 26 is definitely not a first shot success type of chapter on Lunatic either, given certain area spawns--no way am I prepare to handle that blind, though it's trivial after I know about them). I can't say the same for 28.

I can't believe it

My shitty "get eternal seal on corn reclass to dreadfighter and solo chapter 27"

fucking worked

got to 33x2 dmg on Takumi

proc dragonfang

2 turn

Man 28 is pretty awful if you're doing conquest basically blind and didn't specifically prepare for that chapter like, 25 and 26? They're suffering but I have a tactical appreciation for them after I've beaten them (but also 26 is definitely not a first shot success type of chapter on Lunatic either, given certain area spawns--no way am I prepare to handle that blind, though it's trivial after I know about them). I can't say the same for 28.

Conquest 28 blind is suffering, everyone died on my one successful attempt that would've been ruined if the boss had proc'd a 5 HP 55% chance vengeance. The only way I was able to make it to the boss was sacrificing everyone, I had been trying for a week. Debuffing stacking ninjas and maids, as well as the hexing rod user are the worst thing I have ever seen, and it's safe to say I won't be playing conquest lunatic again. The worst part is, that the game felt so well designed up to 26, and it got worse at 28.

http://puu.sh/nH1kf/70c9f3c137.jpg

Edited by Kaika

I think if I planned my skills better I could probably take conq L 28 without panicking--now that I have ample warning. But now I beat it blind without buying skills i might just cash out for swordfaire next time haha, fuck 28 anyway, i did my trial by fire, time to yolo

See, I'm trying to get off this hype train, but you keep drawing me back in >.>

But there may or may not be a pretty good unit in conquest you can A+/S for life or death and swordfaire.

Js.

Edited by joshcja

Seriously I died by the first set of enemies in 28 Lunatic. Poor Xander. What should I do? Btw I have no silence staff, but all rescue and debuff staffs. I would take any help because I wanna beat this game to play Revaltions.

You need to take Dark Mage as your Talent for that though, and you would be better served taking Samurai and marrying Xander or something so he could get Vantage and Swordfaire, while still getting A Odin.

Actually Xander with Line of Death, Swordfaire, and Vantage might be dangerously cheesy. Preemptive oneshotting of those pesky mages might work better than tanking them.

Seriously I died by the first set of enemies in 28 Lunatic. Poor Xander. What should I do? Btw I have no silence staff, but all rescue and debuff staffs. I would take any help because I wanna beat this game to play Revaltions.

Give the Rescue staves to two different high-speed Staff users (Falcoknights ideally), one with Pass, and rescue-chain your strongest attacker straight to the boss to kill him on turn 2. This requires a bit of set-up, but if you captured a Pass Falcoknight in Ch24 and trained Shura or Niles you should be good to go. Don't forget to strap on those Boots and use plenty of Tonics. Also sell the S-rank garbage Ch26 gave you for a nice Brave weapon and stat-boosters for your attackers.

You need to take Dark Mage as your Talent for that though, and you would be better served taking Samurai and marrying Xander or something so he could get Vantage and Swordfaire, while still getting A Odin.

Actually Xander with Line of Death, Swordfaire, and Vantage might be dangerously cheesy. Preemptive oneshotting of those pesky mages might work better than tanking them.

No, no, no I would not. Sorc without skill dipping/buying > ghetto Ryoma by an absurd margin and corins +mag modifier is way too good to spend on a little shit like seigbert >.>. As a silly fun times build sure but, if I just want takumi/anything in the game dead I use the deep in depth strat of click broken mage/zerker > click lightning/brave.

(Seriously I see nothing wrong with dark mage!MU outside of not giving superior nippon skill access in conquest)

Edited by joshcja

Give the Rescue staves to two different high-speed Staff users (Falcoknights ideally), one with Pass, and rescue-chain your strongest attacker straight to the boss to kill him on turn 2. This requires a bit of set-up, but if you captured a Pass Falcoknight in Ch24 and trained Shura or Niles you should be good to go. Don't forget to strap on those Boots and use plenty of Tonics. Also sell the S-rank garbage Ch26 gave you for a nice Brave weapon and stat-boosters for your attackers.

Niles has pass and he is an Adventure class. Will that be good? I also have Elise Strategist and Flora maid. Can I give them both rescue staffs, then pair up with Niles? I am using what I have. Btw Jakob is also a factor so what could I do?

Edited by Radiance

Just finished Chapter 13 after.... billion tries

The hardest part is definitely handling the Kinshi Knight boss due to how they manage to murder Silas, so the answer is Effie, but Effie is paired with Arthur and had 4/5 move which isn't enough to move her into the forest

So my solution is to use Camilla and Pair up Fly-Drop Effie to the forest in the range of the cavalier peg squadron. This activates Knight's Skill

Also Malig Knight is surprisingly useful for the Thunder chip this chapter. Camilla is just the MVP in general since she can handle so many jobs just because she flies.

Silas level 19 lmao. Too close.

Takumi is VERY VERY QUICKLY becoming the team rocket of this game

Edited by JSND

See, I'm trying to get off this hype train, but you keep drawing me back in >.>

But there may or may not be a pretty good unit in conquest you can A+/S for life or death and swordfaire.

Js.

Even if you have Dark Mage, A ranking Odin will still give you Dark Mage.

You can only get it by marrying him with a Dark mage secondary iirc. It is better to just choose Samurai as your secondary.

I think if you take Samurai you can just do Line of Death too which will deal with Takumi.

I might also try Herb Merchant, which would give you Spendthrift and Replicate.

That sounds super grindy though (with the E ranks bows and lances? no thanks) and I'm really not about grinding

I might just, go +str Dread Fighter from the start and make my sub Samurai since max str DreadF+Aggressor+Tonic+Gunter does 33 and if Swordfaire's just flat damage that'd give 38x2 clean

Go back into Dread F for the end, 38 str is good shit, there may be statues involved prolly Effies

Edited by Thor Odinson

Even if you have Dark Mage, A ranking Odin will still give you Dark Mage.

You can only get it by marrying him with a Dark mage secondary iirc. It is better to just choose Samurai as your secondary.

Real talk, basic fire off +mag diviner/dm bases+jakob pairup is pretty incredible early game for big dodgetanking and orkoing on ch8-promoted spike (sub 40 hitrates), unless I'm planning to use mozu (Or I guess an eventual +str ninja run ft corin x silias, just to try it out) corin gets moved out of her base class and into mage on a run-to-run basis. Samurai just seems painful as a reclass option outside of a late-paralouge/ch22 dip for her losing early 1-2 range just feel so clunky (Unless I'm skipping both odin and mozu for masochism's sake the early heart seals are pretty much locked in)

(I don't think you fully realize how often corin winds up marrying odin for me lol)

Edited by joshcja

I'm slowly getting closer to having too much unit :(

How good is Bennie, and Keaton? Leo is a Royal so i figure out he's a monster, and he joined the game by literally one shotting the entire map, but i dunno about those two

Real talk, basic fire off +mag diviner/dm bases+jakob pairup is pretty incredible early game for big dodgetanking and orkoing on ch8-promoted spike (sub 40 hitrates), unless I'm planning to use mozu (Or I guess an eventual +str ninja run ft corin x silias, just to try it out) corin gets moved out of her base class and into mage on a run-to-run basis. Samurai just seems painful as a reclass option outside of a late-paralouge/ch22 dip for her losing early 1-2 range just feel so clunky (Unless I'm skipping both odin and mozu for masochism's sake the early heart seals are pretty much locked in)

(I don't think you fully realize how often corin winds up marrying odin for me lol)

Could go Levin Sword for 1-2 range as a Samurai, though without +Mag might have ORKOing issues.

Can confirm that Dark Mage!MU is pretty awesome so far(currently on C12). Nosferatu OHKOs are fun times.

I'm slowly getting closer to having too much unit :(

How good is Bennie, and Keaton? Leo is a Royal so i figure out he's a monster, and he joined the game by literally one shotting the entire map, but i dunno about those two

Ngl I'm surprised you haven't dropped Effie on her neck yet.

Incoming mob of shitposts aimed at this opinion but...

Benny is a really fun guy, but 4 move is unfixable garbage until you hit ch20 where it is way too late.

Keaton is good for his pairup adds and has great genetics postgame, in game he's just inutterable trash that should be shot and buried with his bones.

Leo is a great pairup bot for Odin... Ok Leo's actually the third/4th best mage in conquest maingame depending on your avatar build and is a total freeby outside the 2k you spend to heart seal his ass out of dark knight asap, but it is a very distant third. He gets a lot of his rep from existing in an effective vacuum so yes he is a bit overrated. That said he is 100% worth using if you didn't go with a dm/dviner MU. (He can actually pick up vantage pretty easily on ch22 and compete with his pupil...with 6 chapters left in the game)

Edit: Yeah DM!Mu is basically a slightly worse Ophelia, just much earlier and is my fav build for gen 1 only. It kills Nos+rally mag shenanigans till very late game which can cost a painful amount of Nos Orko's but it's a lot more resource friendly than non-ophy odin use. Good news is even if you let him fall off you can still pick up vantage off odin suuper easily on both Mu and Leo. If you're doing kids then you still get a "fuck it still better than elise/nyx" Ophelia who will "only" be on par with corin and a decent forrest off an arms scroll.

Edited by joshcja

Benny is the second best tank in the game, since his DEF and STR is ridiculous, but his SPD is garbage. Thankfully, Generals have a skill that prevents them from being doubled, so you want that ASAP. Also he has low mov, so if you are going fast, he's hitting the bench.

Keaton is an excellent unit, who has ok-good speed (won't double faster units unless you use beaststone+), but he has really high strength, good defense, and most importantly the highest HP in the game. This is Low HP Emblem as you may have seen already,and having a lot of HP never hurts. He is also one of the best units for handling faceless, since he ORKOs them without taking too much damage, and without activating their stupid skills. He regens 40% of his HP every odd turn, so he is somewhat self-sufficient. And lets not forget, one shotting all mounted enemies, including pegasi (you'll see them a lot in future Conquest chapters), and your usual paladins and whatnot. His greatest weaknesses are his low res, and unlike Xander, he doesn't attack on 1-2 range,so he can't counter those pesky mages, But aside from that he has great weapon choices (all 3 of them lol), since beastrune makes him absurdly tanky, and he works well with +spd,+str or +def pair up.

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion tho.

Benny is the second best tank in the game, since his DEF and STR is ridiculous, but his SPD is garbage. Thankfully, Generals have a skill that prevents them from being doubled, so you want that ASAP. Also he has low mov, so if you are going fast, he's hitting the bench.

Keaton is an excellent unit, who has ok-good speed (won't double faster units unless you use beaststone+), but he has really high strength, good defense, and most importantly the highest HP in the game. This is Low HP Emblem as you may have seen already,and having a lot of HP never hurts. He is also one of the best units for handling faceless, since he ORKOs them without taking too much damage, and without activating their stupid skills. He regens 40% of his HP every odd turn, so he is somewhat self-sufficient. And lets not forget, one shotting all mounted enemies, including pegasi (you'll see them a lot in future Conquest chapters), and your usual paladins and whatnot. His greatest weaknesses are his low res, and unlike Xander, he doesn't attack on 1-2 range,so he can't counter those pesky mages, But aside from that he has great weapon choices (all 3 of them lol), since beastrune makes him absurdly tanky, and he works well with +spd,+str or +def pair up.

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion tho.

As a "oh god Im stuck in 1-1 range and cant get out" he has 10 less max hp than arthur and similar def/res for most of the game. Similarly arthur has such overkilled skill/str that when ch21 rolls around he can swing a brave axe with perfect acc without giving a shit about the debuffs to orko stonies. Also Berserker STR Sol. (Beruka is almost as good, her growths aren't as overkilled and no misfortune, but she eats less heart seals overall)

I actually don't hate dogman, he just has one of the worst possible starts in fates, I mean any unit not named gunther can be good at combat but Keaton just has a terrible start by comparison. He comes at a point in the game where you can be rolling fully promoted with C-B wep ranks and full 1-2 range ft multiple units in their 2nd or 3rd reclass with 2 incredibly solid freebie royals competing with him for deployment.

I'm actually wondering how the hell you feed him without absurd favoritism. Join chapter, can get some exp yeah nobody else needs it super bad. You can feed him a bit if you're willing to sac 300 gold for 30 exp on ch 16 I can see him promoting here. Ch 17 usable as a zerker but still way below the curve wolf = no. Ch 18, hammer could be nice here but wolf is garbobooty. Ch19 NOPE NOPE NOPE. Ch 20 nice grounded 6 move nerd, dragonstone+ get, who's this wolf nerd. Ch 21 "crap I'm underleveled"

Like I just can't see him as anything but bad arthur/beruka even if his growths catch up (his bases do become respectable when you take him out of wolfy so I can see that happening) due to his late join = gains re-class options at like ch 22, terrible weapon ranks (never hitting braves, much less S rank for the hiddens), and his lack of a solid personal (opportunist is solid/misfortune is fucking deathblow aura)

Note: Nah people like using Keaton (at least the nohrmals do), pretty sure I'm the one with the minority opinion here, then again I also hate using Effie and she's the forum darling.

Edited by joshcja

The thing is, the only resource you have to spend on Keaton is EXP. And his daughter is him with better RES and SPD, but slightly less tanky. There is a reason she is considered the second best kid (behind Percy) because she can't be screwed. Keaton can't be screwed as well, and is not affected by the weapon triangle, while still having decent hit rates. He doesn't really need to be reclassed unless you really want him to suck (E weapon rank locked at that point of the game sucks).

That's all, he is always reliable, in case you got screwed in other areas. He kinda falls of lategame( like chapter 25 or 26). Xander outclasses him as a tank, but he outclasses everyone lol.

Also his personal skill is a godsend for people that play offline only ( like me).