The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with Arthur is that his early-game hitrates aren't up to par, even with Misfortunate. I tried to use him in the current run, but he missed at the worst times and got dropped immediately. Not an unbiased opinion by any means, but I can overlook the Luck thing if he were a little better overall from the get-go.

Tbh, it's proving to be worth it to just wait for Beruka and blow a seal on her for Fighter. She has a pretty baller two-way pair-up with Xander and hilarious GBA-esque crit-rates in Berserker. Looking forward to destroying 25 with the reclass to WL for Swordbreaker.

Misfortune is 15% crit avoid, not hit evasion btw)

Ah. Good lookin' out. Edited by Inference

Yeah Beruka is a really nice "safe" zerker option.

(Misfortune is 15% crit avoid, not hit evasion btw)

Edit:Arthur's hitrates actually catch up to beruka's reasonably quickly (12 skill vs 15 in fighter @ ch 10 on average, with the same growth rate). It's less that he's blind early and more that... axes have terrible hitrates + gamble will randomly nuke them mid chapter.

Edit again: "Arthur isn't viable on lunatic classic" You crazy foo.

Edited by joshcja

Fighter Arthur's hitrates are ... problematic. It would be woth it it to try dreadfighter Arthur on Lunatic Casual, though. Arthur isn't really viable on Lunatic Classic, but dreadfighter Arthur can tank anything else. Fighter Beruka isn't that great if you don't have any good throwing axes.

Fighter Arthur's hitrates are ... problematic. It would be woth it it to try dreadfighter Arthur on Lunatic Casual, though. Arthur isn't really viable on Lunatic Classic, but dreadfighter Arthur can tank anything else. Fighter Beruka isn't that great if you don't have any good throwing axes.

What prompted me to try it was that I had a spare seal on me when she joined and saw that it unfucked her speed and HP right away. The Str/Spd/Skl level-ups just kept coming from there. Her being good for Xander was more of a coincidence, really.

Cavalier Arthur seems attractive tbh, 3 free damage early and that tanky stats and all. Sadly i only tried it on Hard, and Hard is.... interesting to say the least

Seriously Oni Savage Felicia is currently my best unit

Cav Arthur is uuuh.

Good for the skills then you want to get the hell out cause cav has really terrible growths and skills for him compared to dracozerker

+15 total damage from passive stack is sex though... when you don't need shelter lunge or swordbreaker.

I guess he has the skill stat to pull off in game luna since def actually exists in conquest? It just feels like overkill on him though.

Edited by joshcja

Chapter 25: Traitor Revealed, Birthright, Lunatic

Am I really the only one who has the game crash on this map?

What I did:

1) Clear all of the enemy reinforcements that come at you while staying at the bottom out of Entrap range. (~20 turns)

2) Activate the DV in the center room and rescue the unit that did so.

3) Don't attack any units in the middle room besides the turret sage&maid.

4) Neutralize the Strategist with the two entrap staves behind the berserker on the stairs with a weapon. And rescue the unit that did so (out of attack range except for turrets).

5) End turn.

After the last step, the game freezes; then crashes.

I am using a physical copy, but it's not a hardware issue; I've reproduced this crash 3 times with the same method (my game and 3ds are perfectly stable otherwise).

So, can/has anyone else confirm/ed this has also happened to them?

Can anyone else reproduce this, too?

I just had this happen with a digital copy. I hadn't even approached the stairs yet, I was still longbow'ing the jerks on the launchers and nope, go fight 48 horsemen again.

edit: twice now! fuck birthright, this is like playing chess with someone who flips the table when they're losing

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Preliminary 28 reliable-2turn positioning tests:

Getting 2 bosskillers down there ferried by Camilla and Beruka is definitely easily doable given 2 8-9 mov pass staffers with both blows of rescue intact and uses 1 extra shelter-dance. At least we can get the best case over with. Next.

Currently playing with flora positioning so she doesn't entrap the general out of the way... only to be in the way again for <2 pass staffer strats. Also I think i may have to face some combat turn 1 if I want to make the movement reqs for some of this shit, which isn't gonna be fun considering I need most of them unpaired to pull off the whole shelter chain thing.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, 25 definitely tripped me up the first time I did it. Granted, I didn't realize the arena's gimmick had more than it appeared, as well as the fact that Ryoma would inexplicably wait around with his thumb up his butt, so I had way more time than I thought I did. This caused me issues because I had my team divided and they were too weak to be split in two. By the time I realized this and regrouped, a lot of people had debuffs deeper than -10. I just ended up killing Ryoma on that first attempt, though I really wasn't satisfied with the results. It's one of two maps where I had to do significant offline planning and testing, then multiple clears of it before I was happy with my performance. One thing for sure, though, 25 is definitely dry run practice for manipulating the AI when their debuffs can stack infinitely for when the nightmare that is Endgame rears its ugly head.

Speaking of which, I managed to get it last night without using any variant of the Pass-Rescue skip. I had to shore up the team with a four of the kids, a couple Eternal Seals and an absurd amount of reclasses to Bow Knight. I might have been able to do the strat without the kids, but things would have gotten significantly more RNG-based and I'd have to have fight everything in 27 to make sure Niles and Corrin got to Shurikenbreaker. Not really an ideal situation, to say the least (it adds something like 10 mins per clear compared to me going for the 27 boss for a quick kill; then the Pala/Malig group and Master Ninja pulls could easily just ruin everything). Anyway, with the kids added, the power increase allowed me to straight-up fight it out with the enemy. Elise!Nina with the Shining Bow and Effie!Sophie were both monstrously strong. The latter could cleanly one-round Paladins with just +1 axes (and one-shot with a Beast Killer with Camilla's help). For reference, the only other two who could reliably and cleanly do something like that were Xander using a Hunter's Knife and Niles using a Hunter's Bow. Dwyer was a pretty strong support option, despite only 27 Mag. Probably helped that Inspiration was very useful pretty much everywhere. Kana was a bit more oddball, in that he was a little squishier when it came to trying to tank stuff, even with a Dragonstone. It probably doesn't help that doing this without the Rescue-Pass Skip seems to be all about having enough of a Spd buffer to eat 2-3 sets of -4 Spd and Def and not get doubled into oblivion. With his Spd being pretty mediocre, this meant he was only able to really help as a lure tank in one situation (but it was a key situation and he applied Draconic Hex, which allowed for a strong solo Selena play against one of the BKs). And, well, he got the last kill on the final boss because Corrin was no longer toting Gunter's support bonuses and the fourth hit got Dual Guarded (as expected). I just imagine him yelling "Don't mess with Mama!" as he pulverizes Takumi's face.

So, I guess I don't have to do another run solely to win without Rescue-Pass Skip, but now that I have a stronger understanding of the game and foreknowledge, I might make that second run an attempt to accomplish the same, but with just first gen.

I was lucky i had a bow knight severa which cheesed ninjas with shurikenbreaker. And also had camilla and percy which were really op and could ko them with brave axe which made them avoid getting their stats lowered. The right side is very easy but the left with all those lunge enemies can be very tricky. I get the left side out of the way first then focus on the right side. In this current run i have a badass paladin corrin in c18 so i think i can low turn it by killing ryoma. Hopefully i can get the silence staff in time.

LOL @ Ch. 26. Is this Lunatic or Normal mode? The right side is ridiculously easy to rush. The enemy AI keeps targeting the wrong units with staff debuffs, allowing Ophelia and Corrin to just walk through the map. Entrap was basically free move for Ophelia.

Edited by Inference

Really? What did you do about the Stoneborn with Poison Strike and Magic Counter? And they didn't Freeze/Enfeeble the person being focus fired? I'm really curious as to what you did to make them do that because the Staff Savants always dog-pile onto the most vulnerable of my tank line for me.

Amazingly none of that matters when you're a cheaty cheater who uses Ophelia. She can casually stroll through fucking 28 solo with full on minmaxing.

Seriously she is just not ok in casual play.

Edited by joshcja

Really? What did you do about the Stoneborn with Poison Strike and Magic Counter? And they didn't Freeze/Enfeeble the person being focus fired? I'm really curious as to what you did to make them do that because the Staff Savants always dog-pile onto the most vulnerable of my tank line for me.

Just ignore the left. There is no incentive to go over there.

Just ignore the left. There is no incentive to go over there.

Wait, what? Then when you said the following:

LOL @ Ch. 26. Is this Lunatic or Normal mode? The left side is ridiculously easy to rush. The enemy AI keeps targeting the wrong units with staff debuffs, allowing Ophelia and Corrin to just walk through the map. Entrap was basically free move for Ophelia.

Did you actually mean the right? If you did, that makes a lot more sense, since I pretty much had Kaze take that side down without too much of an issue (while even managing to feed some kills to Selena). I was more confused about how the left side could be considered easier than the right.

Amazingly none of that matters when you're a cheaty cheater who uses Ophelia. She can casually stroll through fucking 28 solo with full on minmaxing.

Seriously she is just not ok in casual play.

Really? Tell me more. I probably won't be compelled to do it, but I like hearing about things like this.

I love my Dragonstone+ Kana with Golembane way more than I should in C21 and C26. With the 25 base might on the Dragonstone+ and twice effective damage with Golembane, a Kana with decent enough MAG should be able to OHKO Stoneborns. Ninja Corrin can grab the skill and fulfill the role as well, though you might want him in a different class for mobility/stat/skill whatever reasons. Of course this only works in C26 for causal strats with little regard for turn counts, but it makes routing the chapter for the EXP grab significantly easy.

I find it really funny that once you break the bottom left door open (the one above the Entrap maid on the left) and the 2nd round of Faceless/Stoneborne reinforcements arrive, they will start going berserk (Rrarrrrr) and start destroying all the other doors in the enemy phase, leaving them free to roam throughout the map. But then these monsters are not the smartest so that the enemies split into two groups, bottom and top, with significantly lower density on the top side. Hence circling the entire map counter-clockwise allows you to divide and conquer and kill all the enemies with ease. (This kinda assumes that all other part of the map has been taken care of, though)

Also, I like my 3-range Spy's Shuriken, so I'll usually going through the left chamber by some means. (Probably an easier way than the above would be to use Niles with Pass or something). It helps with the Lunatic Endgame if you're being a masochist and not allowing yourself to use the Rescue staff... If you're also trying to feed EXP to certain units, tanking in one of the chambers in C27 is a thing and the Spy's Shuriken is good for chipping away enemy HP as necessary to give mooch kills to units to smother with extreme favouritism. Curiously I've heard that the Spy's Shuriken reportedly turns into a Spy's Yumi in Normal Mode if Kaze doesn't have B-rank in Shuriken/Knives or higher (I find this really weird), but I've never tested that out for myself, but maybe this isn't the place to discuss...

Edited by Aggro Incarnate