The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At C18 of my Nohr semi no royals run.

Current notes:

- Ninja Inigo is kind of a monster. I never noticed before, but his growth spread is actually really similar to Saizo's as a Ninja. Had to sink an arms scroll into him + Charlotte support but he really is taking off. Def is on the low side but high HP offsets that slightly. Can't wait to grab Sol.

- Nyx has been doing well for herself. I've given her both goddess icons and the C12 skill book (yes I killed Ryoma because Ninja Corrin is dumb). Her accuracy is good now, and anything she attacks dies indefinitely. Bulk is still very problematic even as a Dark Knight but I don't mind.

- Silas has really been hanging in there. I rigged his early levels out of necessity and now he's really solid. He's at A support with Zerker!Beruka so only a bit more until Wyvern Lord Silas hype.

- Effie really carried early on (by far the best offense until Ninja Corrin kicked in), but I didn't get very lucky with her spd or Def procs so I opted to switch her out for Percy.

Yeah I ran +str ninjacorn and she was actually very reliable vs Ryoma, I think bronze knife helps with his crit

being lv 18 at the time probably also helps but

Edited by Thor Odinson

Is there some great playthrough to watch on lunatic ? (with a decent amount of turn count)

I'm especially curious about some chapter of Conquest (chapter 11, 17, 23, 25...) and late-game of Revelations

I got the game shortly after the European release date and started on Conquest Lunatic Classic. Most of it was manageable but the claims about the Endgame being really hard turned out to be true. It was a 1-turn clear at the end but it could have barely been any tighter.

I ended up ferrying Camilla across the whole map and separated her two tiles away from Takumi just so she can provide Rose's Thorn boosts for Corrin. He was also supported by Wyvern Lord!Gunter, who got the boots to be able to ferry him to Takumi, because Forceful Partner was necessary for the kill. Corrin was a +Str Paladin (capped) with Rally Strength, Str tonics, Ellbow Room and Aggressor and barely managed to score the kill. I know, the strategy is kinda weird but given that this was my first playthrough, I wasn't really well prepared.

Now that I have finished Conquest: How feasible is a Birthright Lunatic Ironman run for a first time Birthright player?

From what I have heard, the game is very easy so I thought I could spice it up with that but I don't want to make things headache-inducing.

Just finished Conquest Lunatic endgame 1-turning it with Mozu (she is a beast if she takes all skills from all her branches and finishes as sniper) and only 1 rescue staff usage (shelter was involved to have azura dance two times though).

I liked it pretty much. Just when i thought smth like "this game starts to be easy" (at Hinoka chapter) they threw at me pretty nasty but interesting chapters. The difficulty was way better than one in awakening. It's a shame that such great gameplay is (not) supported by offensively stupid main plot. :(

Btw, I really wonder how people deal with endgame without rescue. On chapter 25 where debuff stacking is a problem it can be solved by very accurate dodgetanking, since there are a lot of places where each set on ninjas has one common "attack range" tile. But here the time is really pressing you. Must be a hell of a chapter...

Edited by Avestus

Now that I have finished Conquest: How feasible is a Birthright Lunatic Ironman run for a first time Birthright player?

From what I have heard, the game is very easy so I thought I could spice it up with that but I don't want to make things headache-inducing.

As long as you don't get overconfident, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The game gives plenty of time to build a strong team for when things get real.

Btw, I really wonder how people deal with endgame without rescue. On chapter 25 where debuff stacking is a problem it can be solved by very accurate dodgetanking, since there are a lot of places where each set on ninjas has one common "attack range" tile. But here the time is really pressing you. Must be a hell of a chapter...

Liberal use of status staves, high aggression and very tight pulling. Basically, gotta shut down the Maids ASAP (through Silence, then re-murder) in order to make it feasible to slug it out with the big power units and the Paladin death squads from the middle area (surprisingly, the Faceless and Great Master with Staff Savant and Hex are comparatively minor issues). Going into more detail would be a huge wall of text, but if you're curious and don't mind videos, you can find the run here.

Finished my Conquest semi no royals run. As a reminder, Corrin Azura and Elise were allowed. Not at home so I'll upload the album of the endgame cast later.

The biggest surprise of the run was definitely Ninja Inigo. Once he got going I thought I was in Birthrout using Saizo (+ Sol!) or something. Biggest disappointment was probably Nyx. She was a good nuke, but her bulk trailed behind way too hard as the game went on, even as a Dark Knight. It's not something I would do again, but it feels good to have it under my belt! Revelation and Conquest lunatic down. Don't think I'll do it for Birthrout since it would just be ninja spam anyway.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

So what do you guys think about cooking? I personally love it, but I don't hear about people talking about it too much. Has anyone bothered jotting down what combinations of food you make? And do the characters actually affect things on what comes out, or is it actually completely random?

I legitimately think it's worth resetting your Nohr file until you get milk. Speed is so tight in Nohr. Especially for powerhouses Leo/Xander or strong units who are on the border like Silas/Effie.

Cooking is amazing. Really can't go wrong with meat + milk (beans + fish in Hoshido) for str/spd +1. A good cook makes that str/spd +2 which is oh so clutch.

edit: the cooks definitely affect the food. Xander, Percy, Peri, Jakob, and Charlotte among a few other units always give good boosts. The opposite applies to bad cooks like Keaton, Felicia, and Arthur.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I make it a point to visit at least one castle with Quartz so that I can accrue the 30 through arena battles before the Lv. 3 Accessory Shop is available. Then, I give the Chef's Hat to Peri and it's +2/+2/+2 stats all lategame. I love it.

I legitimately think it's worth resetting your Nohr file until you get milk. Speed is so tight in Nohr. Especially for powerhouses Leo/Xander or strong units who are on the border like Silas/Effie.

Cooking is amazing. Really can't go wrong with meat + milk (beans + fish in Hoshido) for str/spd +1. A good cook makes that str/spd +2 which is oh so clutch.

edit: the cooks definitely affect the food. Xander, Percy, Peri, Jakob, and Charlotte among a few other units always give good boosts. The opposite applies to bad cooks like Keaton, Felicia, and Arthur.

Yup, you can see it on the Mess Hall page.

In Lunatic, the Mess Hall is just outright amazing. If you can get someone like Flora/Peri/Jakob in it, you're golden because they give huge statboosters.

I'm finally close to the end of my Lunatic Girls Only Conquest run, right after the males only. I've done enough planning to make the Final Chapter a cakewalk, and the last true obstacle is Chapter 26. Hopefully it won't be as hard as 25 now that I know the tricks and did my planning.

By the way, I'm impatient to see your units for your semi-no-royals run. Would be really interesting to look at it.

Edited by Nintales

Shuriken breaker is your friend.

this.

Also if you look at attack ranges, you can actually provoke ninjas with shurkenbreaker unit in groups of three or two. There are such squares where their attack ranges converge and you can even use Camilla/Elise adjacency bonuses while standing in that places with shurikenbreaker unit.

Other than that - beware of the lunge on the left side and actively use Azura/Shelter ultimate combo to deal separately with as many enemies as possible. Then charge (take notice of breakable walls!).

Edited by Avestus

I don't have shurikenbreaker so I guess I will reclass Niles and Selena to Bow Knight

Well, Niles is extremely good idea if he already has lucky seven. I personally used Felicia as wyvern knight with bolt axe for the purpose, but well - that was my lucky star with blindly choosing a very useful subclass for my avatar and marrying Felicia to him.

Btw, if you're not bent on making everything ASAP, you can really take your time and do first left side with all of your forces, then right one. It took me 30 turns, so your avatar should be equipped enough to live through ~10 truns against Ryoma. Not a big deal with draconic hex and a couple of healing potions actually.

Edited by Avestus

Got it ! I used all my 6 paralogues to get some exp and then I got my team ready for chapter 25. It was really a weird chapter, this is actually the first time in the series I felt like completely shut down the RNG, feels good. Now on chapter 26, and I got frigthened at the sight of all staves users. This gonna be good.

Honsetly, i was so glad after finally beating those berserkers and generals along with reinforcments spawning from stairs after you provoke them, that I never tried it and just finished the chapter. Those guys are nuts and scary. And i know for sure there must be some reinforcements too... screw that spy's shuriken.

More Stoneborn and Faceless appear on the stairs on the left in a similar fashion to the extra Sorcs showing up on the right. I'd worked out a strategy for taking on the left side, but the execution would have been slow, painful and not really worth it. I ended up having Niles use Pass to dash in and grab the Spy Shuriken right before I seized instead. Had I needed the EXP, I might have considered staying to fight, but I couldn't get my Corrin to A with Selena in time for this (was planning to take a detour through Hero, even though I've since learned that that wouldn't have been really a great choice).

I heard that one really good way to cheese it is to take advantage of Grisly Wounds and Flora's personal to kill the Stoneborn. Without their support, the Faceless are little more than beefy punching bags.

Yea it's not worth going down both sides. Both weapons are crappy and most of your units are level 20, so it's best to just take the easier route. A trained Kaze can clear the Sorc room pretty easily. The bottom room can be cheesed by breaking the door, retreating and tanking all the enemies with Camilla/Xander/someone tanky.

Entraping Hans before that helps because he's pretty threatening.