The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

Judging from your team, you know what you are doing. Maybe the following is just stating the obvious, but here it goes.

Seems pretty solid. Great Knight Jakob gives Corrin later on insane defensive boosts. Dragonstone+ - Corrin will be your tank of choice who lures the enemies, though Xander is there as well. Sadly, their kids suck, but their recruitment chapters give free exp.

If Arthur and Niles get RNG-screwed, I would drop them or use them just as a pair-up-bot. Berserker-Arthur giving Selena strenght and speed can be important, as she has trouble ORKOing stuff. Nina doesn't have Niles speed, but higher strength (and very likely Savage Blow).

A late recruited Forrest can be a good staff bot and deals with the mage room in chapter 26 if your other units lack the resistance.

Flora and Izana can be recruited late to have the necessary staff bots. Not using staves in the final chapter can make it impossible if your team isn't prepared properly. Since you only have 12 units and can use 16 in the final chapters, I recommend it.

You have room for Azura and another male unit like Kaze. Azura is a good mother to Midori, as she can be a Kinshi-Knight. You also get another two easy chapters for exp. Shigure is a decent filler with access to Rally Speed.

I'm currently about average on nile's strength, but he's only level 12 at the moment so its hard to tell for sure. I've pretty much already delegated arthur to a effie pairup bot since i didnt do a good job of giving him exp in the early chapters so he's pretty weak right now. I will be using azura, but wasnt really planning on pairing her with anyone since she wouldnt have much use as a pairup bot or in combat over abusing dances. And I was probably thinking of dropping one of the pairs listed above for staff bots. On my hard mode run, I used Forrest and Felicia, so I was thinking of doing the same.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur is Effies partner, not Selenas. My bad. Since Silas gives her strength as well, it works out. Effie obviously doesn't mind strength either, so that she can OHKO stuff.

As I said: Since you can use 16 units in the final chapters, you don't need to drop many units.

Camilla x Keaton is solid. Camillia likes the pair-up boosts. Velouria is hard to screw up and she is optional anyways (her recruitment chapter is difficult as well). Assuming you use her and have some weapon scrolls, she makes for a good axe user (Berserker and Wyvernlord). But you already have Percy.

I don't see much benefits in Niles x Beruka. Beruka is too slow even with Niles pair-up boost and doesn't care about more resistance or skill as well. She wants someone like Benny to give her more strenght and speed, possible access to General. Niles won't be helped with more defense, as he is frail regardless. Berseker-Beruka could work but is risky, as her speed is only average.

Using pure pairup bots heavily in CQ is almost always a bad plan.

You generaly want 4-5 pairings early on filling in the rezt pf the rpster with kids and prepromotes/captures.

the only units i had planned to use as pure pairup bots were charlotte and arthur. I'm not sure if i should start getting supports on camilla and niles right now, or hold out until i can get camilla with keaton and work with niles x beruka immediately.

the only units i had planned to use as pure pairup bots were charlotte and arthur. I'm not sure if i should start getting supports on camilla and niles right now, or hold out until i can get camilla with keaton and work with niles x beruka immediately.

Using Niles over Keaton is always the right play. Niles is arguably the best unit in the entire game while Keaton is a wasted deployment slot 10 times out of 10. Nina is also significantly better than Veloria.

Azura builds support just fine by dancing. Silias x Selena is still a perfectly usable pairing though since it shells out 3 useable Kinshi's instead of 2.

Xander and Leo's pairings don't matter all that much since Forrest is not named Flora/Izana and Seigbert effectively does not exist.

That said this looks like a pretty standard first CQ lunatic, for less pain in your life it's a good idea to... Get odin x leo to A+ to cheese the game out with vantagesorc Leo if you hit a wall, it's like the 4rd best cheese setup. Reclass xander to draco in the midgame and forcefeed him talismans. Train a zerker, they do much more damage out front than whatever unit you strap them to will ever dream of dealing (Arthur/Percy are the best of the lot but reclassed things work kinda-ish), best way to kill off the lategame problem enemies and final boss.

Edited by joshcja

To add to what others have said, usually Wyvern!Corrin x Jakob’s children aren’t that bad if passing Jakob’s early Trample to them. Not sure how early Seals are being allocated so far but that’s one of the best options. Jakob to Paladin for Elbow Room/Defender then Malig for Trample/Str+2/Lunge and possibly to Wyvern for stats/Swordbreaker/Lance use. 1-2 range is even solid due to effectively +11 Str/+9 Mag from skills and possible +2/4 att from forge. Again this happens pretty early, effectively level 15 unpromoted. Dwyer/Kanna may not have great growths/weapon ranks but early Trample + Cav/Wyvern is a great midgame combination (if a lite version of their parents and Camilla).

One advantage to Camilla x Keaton (or Arthur) is it frees up Niles to dual strike for his attacks and Capture stuff. I do like the extra Str to sometimes ohko things (perhaps at 1-2 range with a forge, or giving 2 chances to hit an ohko which helps reliability in some cases). The 10 move Bow Knight (first turn with Camilla's boost) and +1 move to Camilla is very nice at times, but it doesn’t require marriage to use it in those cases (the +Spd Niles gives is at C and B support too). Nina’s magic and therefore Shining Bow use is better with Camilla I suppose tho.

For Niles and Nina it doesn’t really matter too much who Niles is paired with. Just don’t ruin Nina’s Str/Spd and she’ll be a competent Shurikenbreaker + player phase unit lategame if Niles gets screwed (or be another one in addition to him).

I like Velouria but having Nina is probably more relevant (if choosing between them) in case Niles gets some bad growths. Velouria is mostly a reliable combat option in the lategame, with her durability and high accuracy (can be underrated imo). Can be good to have, but not that exceptional if already using all the siblings (and Dwyer/Kanna with Trample).

tbh if using Beruka I would give her Arthur or Keaton (and not use Effie at all) but that’s up to you.

I would also recommend Kaze or capture a Master Ninja because the Res of most of the team is low.

Edited by XeKr

A rough estimate. Supports build pretty fast, 6 battles max the points for a chapter. Corrin has fast growth with the servant.

C should be built by C7.

B should be pretty automatic from the left side of C7 before they split up/others arrive. Fast growth only requires 3 more points here which can be done in a chapter.

A can probably be built between C8/9 from misc battles together. Paladin!Jakob also likes Corrin’s Pair Up here for the hit, +4 damage, +2 durability, and +1/2 Spd (depending on Boon).

C10 is defend so you can find time to max points there. With C11/12 misc points that’s probably S.

And there’s the personal quarters. Team is fairly small initially so Jakob is likely to be chosen at least once, potentially a few times.

edit: oh Mozu's paralogue is another for misc points though I would imagine Jakob/Corrin split here. But maybe 1 point gets around the support limit for chapters and builds a rank.

edit2: What might be ideal is if you can find time to build A from C8 and private quarters/P1, then C9 and C10 should give you S and you can start leveling in Malig to get to Trample. It seems the earlier the better, though there are perhaps small things to work around like enemy bows/Javelins access.

Edited by XeKr

Using Niles over Keaton is always the right play. Niles is arguably the best unit in the entire game while Keaton is a wasted deployment slot 10 times out of 10. Nina is also significantly better than Veloria.

Azura builds support just fine by dancing. Silias x Selena is still a perfectly usable pairing though since it shells out 3 useable Kinshi's instead of 2.

Xander and Leo's pairings don't matter all that much since Forrest is not named Flora/Izana and Seigbert effectively does not exist.

That said this looks like a pretty standard first CQ lunatic, for less pain in your life it's a good idea to... Get odin x leo to A+ to cheese the game out with vantagesorc Leo if you hit a wall, it's like the 4rd best cheese setup. Reclass xander to draco in the midgame and forcefeed him talismans. Train a zerker, they do much more damage out front than whatever unit you strap them to will ever dream of dealing (Arthur/Percy are the best of the lot but reclassed things work kinda-ish), best way to kill off the lategame problem enemies and final boss.

Alright, i'll probably use the first set of pairups and use percy as a zerker. Is there a way i could fit Nina in here in case Niles gets screwed and I need someone to abuse pass for endgame?

To add to what others have said, usually Wyvern!Corrin x Jakob’s children aren’t that bad if passing Jakob’s early Trample to them. Not sure how early Seals are being allocated so far but that’s one of the best options. Jakob to Paladin for Elbow Room/Defender then Malig for Trample/Str+2/Lunge and possibly to Wyvern for stats/Swordbreaker/Lance use. 1-2 range is even solid due to effectively +11 Str/+9 Mag from skills and possible +2/4 att from forge. Again this happens pretty early, effectively level 15 unpromoted. Dwyer/Kanna may not have great growths/weapon ranks but early Trample + Cav/Wyvern is a great midgame combination (if a lite version of their parents and Camilla).

One advantage to Camilla x Keaton (or Arthur) is it frees up Niles to dual strike for his attacks and Capture stuff. I do like the extra Str to sometimes ohko things (perhaps at 1-2 range with a forge, or giving 2 chances to hit an ohko which helps reliability in some cases). The 10 move Bow Knight (first turn with Camilla's boost) and +1 move to Camilla is very nice at times, but it doesn’t require marriage to use it in those cases (the +Spd Niles gives is at C and B support too). Nina’s magic and therefore Shining Bow use is better with Camilla I suppose tho.

For Niles and Nina it doesn’t really matter too much who Niles is paired with. Just don’t ruin Nina’s Str/Spd and she’ll be a competent Shurikenbreaker + player phase unit lategame if Niles gets screwed (or be another one in addition to him).

I like Velouria but having Nina is probably more relevant (if choosing between them) in case Niles gets some bad growths. Velouria is mostly a reliable combat option in the lategame, with her durability and high accuracy (can be underrated imo). Can be good to have, but not that exceptional if already using all the siblings (and Dwyer/Kanna with Trample).

tbh if using Beruka I would give her Arthur or Keaton (and not use Effie at all) but that’s up to you.

I would also recommend Kaze or capture a Master Ninja because the Res of most of the team is low.

Thank you for detailed answer! My only seal usage so far (chapter 11) is the heart seal on avatar to reclass to wyvern and a heart seal on jakob to reclass to wyvern, which I feel was a mistake given your suggestion on his reclassing paths. I wasn't really planning on using dwyer/kana, but could you explain why avatar x jakob is a bad pairing for them out of curiosity? And I probably won't be using keaton, pairing camilla and niles instead, though I don't know how much that hurts Niles's own performance. I probably won't be using Beruka either, as my Effie already has alot of exp dumped into her. I'm thinking of either using a partner seal to start working on her axe rank early or promoting her to a great knight.

On 1/15/2017 at 1:07 PM, -Cynthia- said:

How do people raise Corrin and Jakob's support rank up to get Jakob to be able to Partner Seal Corrin? Unpaired in attack stance or using one as a pair up bot?

Both, If you get good rolls on treehouse they can hit S support before CH10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nina can be fit into any run, her bases and growths are so good that she legitimately does not care who her mother is. Niles x Cammy is a perfectly legitimate pairing.

Draco CornJakob is a really strong pairing esp if you build an early Dywer and heart seal him into cav asap. There is really nothing wrong with the pairing unless you're trying to make kana usable which is just an exercise in masochism. Going Wyvern before paladin is also fine since the draco tree gives skills on par with cav,and axe rank is strong while lance rank past D is completely worthless. Just swing through great knight for luna and the cav skills when he starts falling off.

You're not using Odin or Draco!Elise so just forcefeed corin spirit dusts for bolt axe abuse.

Effie is an enormous trap, she's weaker than base Silias with VoF up at join and scales horribly later on without heavy investment while raping the early exp pool. She's soaked enough exp that you're pretty much stuck with her now but try to avoid her in future runs. It makes the midgame so much smoother.

Edited by joshcja

On 1/15/2017 at 3:30 PM, shed said:

Thank you for detailed answer! My only seal usage so far (chapter 11) is the heart seal on avatar to reclass to wyvern and a heart seal on jakob to reclass to wyvern, which I feel was a mistake given your suggestion on his reclassing paths. I wasn't really planning on using dwyer/kana, but could you explain why avatar x jakob is a bad pairing for them out of curiosity? And I probably won't be using keaton, pairing camilla and niles instead, though I don't know how much that hurts Niles's own performance. I probably won't be using Beruka either, as my Effie already has alot of exp dumped into her. I'm thinking of either using a partner seal to start working on her axe rank early or promoting her to a great knight.

I assume you Partner Sealed Jakob into Wyvern, which means you should still have a Heart Seal from Haitaka’s drop and two others from the Shop upgrade soon.

Generally I do recommend Jakob going Paladin before or during C7 for Elbow Room/Shelter/Defender (early Res from Paladin base is nice too against some earlygame mages), but your reclass order makes it a bit awkward because you would want to go back to Malig for Trample. Waiting for lvl 15 for Trample, then going Paladin is still a nice option though you may miss out on a bit of midgame dominance from flight+skill stack+Malig magic base+magic weapon. Not sure if you built Lance or Axe weapon rank for Jakob in Wyvern; that might be a factor.

It depends on how many other midgame reclasses you have planned until the shop gets unlimited seals (Dwyer?/Kana?/Camilla to Wyvern Lord for the Str, Def and Beastkiller for C19? Selena to Falcon? Others?)

I actually think Corrin x Jakob is one of the best pairings as Jakob’s best class is arguably Malig/Wyvern for the damage skill stack, Corrin is strong in it with high mobility (+Mag also a strong mage. +Str still will be workable with the Bolt Axe and maybe get some ohkos on weaker enemies with Hand Axes), and Kana/Dwyer can get early Trample. The reason others may not like the pairing is that Kana has relatively poor growths since Jakob’s are kinda low (relatively). Dwyer is actually pretty solid statwise, but needs to reclass and has to deal with E rank for a bit. It also puts most of your best characters on Wyverns so bows will need to be worked around, tho you do have Leo and Xander when they arrive.

Others may prefer to pair Corrin with someone else for aesthetics/personal bias, or perhaps a particular child build. Also, you already chose Wyvern as the talent but if another one is preferred (Samurai to not rely on procs for final boss, Ninja for a strong, fast 1-2 range fighter, Cav for the mobility and keeping Sword rank, etc) then the Jakob pairing also loses some of its appeal. Note that Corrin can still use Jakob’s personal skill to great effect even if they aren’t married. The marriage is more for Jakob and the children.

Camilla/Niles and Effie/Arthur are fine pairings. Don’t be afraid to promote Effie early if you want more help in the midgame, the royal siblings and the various children can probably handle the lategame. She can also use Axes in her promo, probably will just want D for Hammers I think. I think Percy is fairly effective in that pairing, just make sure he gets enough Spd. One option is early promote Effie for the help now, then drop her later and have Arthur to pair up for Percy. As I understand, for Effie some people like to delay promotion to squeeze out every pt of Str possible for 1-2 range ohkos later. If you don’t mind turtling, that will work, though note you do already have a number of nice 1-2 range options between Corrin, Jakob, Camilla, Xander, Leo, etc.

Edited by XeKr

The final boss has 75 hp/26 (+1 Competitive) Def and Dragonskin. Due to Bold Stance a Brave gets 3 hits off. So you need 25 damage, 50 before reduction. That’s 77 att. Brave Axe is 8 mt. Who is getting that efficiently? I fully admit I’ve never actually tried that too much so I guess I could be missing something. The few tests I did in early attempts of the chapter resulted in a broad conclusion of no one does good damage but Corrin with the Yato (which clearly outdamaged her using braves, iirc).

Corrin is generally trained in almost all playthroughs (and is essential to fast/reliable ones) so in most teams she’s the most solid option for endgame. With capped Str, either +Str boon or some minor damage boosters like Elbow Room/Defender, she can usually reach the benchmark (with Pair Up/Rallies/etc) for 1 Dragon Fang in 2 attempts, which is around 49% with around 30% activation per strike. The double Dragon Fang is obviously far less likely at around 9%. iirc it’s around 68/69 atk as the benchmark, which is fairly strict, and that’s with a 16 mt weapon and triangle advantage.

Samurai is probably not the most efficient early/midgame, but (+Mag) still gets Levin Sword use and can always partner/friendship seal to Paladin or Dark Knight. There’s also less worry about Spd screwage; perhaps a minor factor, but relevant given all the slow Nohr characters that probably want Speedwings (even good ones like Leo/Xander). Swordfaire and Line of Death give faster/cleaner kills on C25 and E bosses to compensate. Not having a mount in the early chapters is kinda lame but so is 50% reset rate on Endgame and replaying 27, even if short. Still useful for players that value safe play, especially when the jump in reliability is that big (or ironman/resetless runs).

The main other option I’m aware of is 2-3 rounding while sacrificing a disposable Rescue staff user (Captured Pass Falcon from C24, typically). The offensive benchmark for that seems pretty lenient (very much so for Corrin), it seems almost anyone with the durability to survive 2 rounds (Vengeance a problem?) can probably do it.

On 1/17/2017 at 4:58 PM, -Cynthia- said:

I guess if you wanted Malig Jakob while having a non Dragon talent for Corrin you could staple Beruka to him instead. He can't reclass until later this way though.

How early the support builds, how long he has Trample and flight, and dealing with E rank during later chapters (different from earlier when his promoted bases + Elbow Room/Defender are more dominant. ) are important factors though yeah that can be a nice pairing if Corrin is taken.

Camilia is trained in every single non-challenge CQ run and will almost always receive both boots. Reclassed to zerker she needs +12 from skills after tonics/pairup/rally if you're not +str corin so a 100% kill looks something like this...

43 (capped str) + 8 (brave) + 2 (tonic) + 4 (rally) + 8 (Hold zerker corin) + 5 (axefaire), +5 (trample), +2 (str+2) = 77

So to answer your question. All of them. Zerker's just hit that hard. Durability is a nonissue, Takumi can vengence crit and still not kill because zerkers are just that fat. Provided you miss one of the 3 85%ish rolls and takumi does venge crit you he will then proceed to suicide on a full guard gauge if he's the only enemy in range capable of critting (luck tonic+rally rigs this nicely) so it really is just the safest easiest, and most efficient way to kill Takumi.

Edit: In all seriousness the easiest CQ run of your life is just Jakob/Odin/Arthur/Silias/Niles + Corin/DracoElise/Azura/Camilia/Other Female + Kids and Staves. Feels so good.

Edited by joshcja

Takumi will get hit by all 4 hits of a Brave Weapon if you double. It takes 5 attacks between the attacker/person being attacked to fill up the Dual Guard gauge, so Takumi would have a full Dual Guard gauge after the 4th hit of the Brave Weapon (2 attacks from the Brave weapon, 1 attack from Takumi, 2 more attacks from the Brave weapon) which would block the next attack after that, but he should be dead by that point so it doesn't really affect anything.

...WHEW! So I just completed the first of the big nightmare chapters on Lunatic Conquest, chapter 25. I thought I'd share how I personally managed to do it, if anyone's interested:

What I did is dependent on a few mainstays to my team. In particular it’s dependent on the following units:

A Laslow with rallies strength, speed and skill, locktouch, and replicate. I get this by marrying Azura and befriending Keaton, promoting Laslow to bow knight, then to falcon knight at level 5, berserker at level 8, and mechanist at level 11. It should be totally manageable, even on lunatic, to get him to level 15 by at the latest chapter 24. I’ve gotten it done as early as mid chapter 22. The skill is optional but is honestly trivial to obtain, especially when compared to the others, so why not?

An Azura!Soleil bow knight with shurikenbreaker and replicate (the latter preferably inherited from her father so that you get her late game and her stats are stable so this is more repeatable). She preferably wants a great knight support partner for mobility, strength and defense (though mostly defense).

A Xander with shurikenbreaker, which I obtain by marrying him to Selena (pairing her up with him in falcon knight for the speed and res boosts).

An avatar with quixotic and at least two procs (if you have quixotic you should also have rend heaven, so that’s satisfied right there when combined with dragon fang).

Three staff users.

Also highly desirable: two rally defense users, or one with replicate if you happen to have that.

As for supplies, you will need:

A good supply of vulneraries (convoy).

At least two charges of freeze, preferably more (west side).

What you do is spend the first turn replicating and assuming any formations the preparation screen didn’t allow. Your Soleil replica is going to pair up with a pair-up bot, preferably a promoted Charlotte so that she gets the extra strength and speed and sisterhood kicks in, and venture off up the eastern path with Xander, Azura, one of your defense rally users, and a healer if the rally defense user is not also your healer as he is in my case. The real Soleil will go with the rest of your units up the western side.

Your avatar, meanwhile, approaches Ryoma. From here on out the avatar’s job will remain the same: calculate the highest amount of damage you can inflict on Ryoma (likely a critical dragon fang), as well as the highest amount that he can inflict on you (technically a multi-critical astra, realistically a critical rend heaven) and try to get Ryoma’s HP as low as possible without risking a one-hit kill on either end. Heal when necessary with the vulneraries. It’ll get a lot harder to fight him once he stops “waiting patiently for his revenge”, so use the first 20 turns ensuring that, in case it takes too long to secure the chests or finish him off, you get his HP as low as possible, possibly switching to weaker or bronze weapons once his HP gets within risk of a “lucky” one-shot so that you can finish him off quickly once the chests have been raided and, if desired, the bosses are killed.

Soleil’s importance should be fairly obvious: when rallied up, boosted with inspiring song, and maybe given a speed and luck tonic for good measure, shurikenbreaker and weapon triangle advantage make her essentially a perfect dodgetank against the inevitable end ninja that are littered around the map and are determined to make your life hell. Xander is also passably resistant to shuriken, but lower speed (though with speedwings and Selena’s pair up bonuses still reasonably fast enough to double everything) and weapon triangle disadvantage means he should only be used in emergency. Really the shurikenbreaker’s main purpose is to make sure that, when he does have to face ninja, he isn’t instantly softened into paste.

Phase one on the west side is to bait the first three ninja with Soleil so they can be killed instantly. This should take two turns, placing Soleil in two locations to get all three of them while still being far away enough to always counter with her bow. Once that’s complete, place Soleil, armed with a bow still, at the edge of the range of the group of swordmasters and ninja guarding the next room. With a good defense pair up and rally, as well as hopefully Elise’s defensive aura, Soleil should be tough enough to take the two swordmasters while dodging and killing the three ninja. The two swordmasters can be finished off by the rest of your army on the upcoming player phase.

Phase one on the east side is to get Azura, Soleil and Xander up to the edge of the enemy attack range, keeping in mind that the lower master of arms does not count and will not attack if you only get into his range because he’s waiting for ninja covering fire. Once there, rally them all with Laslow, have Xander kill the upper master of arms while Soleil kills the lower one (who due to holding a lance might negate too much of Xander’s sword attack power to be one-rounded by him), and then Azura sings for Soleil to let her rush up right below the northernmost ninja in the first room and attack the other ninja at a southeast diagonal with her bow. Meanwhile, move your rally defense bot or healer forward so that they’re not in enemy attack range but in between Laslow and Xander and Soleil. The ninja to the north will all rush in to attack, but they will do it at range because that ninja is blocking their melee range, you’re in a bottleneck, and the AI’s moving order means they won’t wait for him to move. This will result in the seal strength ninja being killed before they can seal any strength. Only three ninja will be left: the one with the spy shuriken, the one too far away who had to resort to dual striking with said spy shuriken ninja, and the ninja Soleil ended her turn immediately to the south of. All three can be dealt with on player phase with Xander, Soleil and Azura, after having Laslow pair up with either your rally defense bot or healer to piggyback forward to rally Xander and Soleil, who he otherwise would not be able to reach from where he rallied them last turn. If for whatever reason the furthest ninja can’t be routed because he’s too fast with that practice katana, rely on the bottleneck to have Soleil block him for another turn (Note: if you do this, make sure you’re not about to bait the swordmasters and ninja with the real Soleil on the west side as outlined above, because the ninja will probably resort to the more accurate practice katana and seriously reduce your chances of surviving that).

Phase two on the west side brings us to the first of this chapter’s two great obstacles: the Chamber of the Lunging Puppets. Needless to say, you do not want to let those things attack you, because it’s doubtful anything will be able to survive losing 12 defense, getting bombarded with shuriken, and then taking swords from those swordmasters. But that newly-added ninja outside the chamber severely hamstrings any effort to stage a player-phase assault. That’s where the freeze staves come into play. The automatons have no luck and little resistance, so even a poorly trained staffbot should have a high success rate freezing them in place, and a good one should be near or at a 100% success rate with it. Have your two healers freeze the two automatons from outside the room by trading it between them, and on this exact same turn, kill the ninja along the western hallway with the broken wall and make sure Soleil ends her turn with her bow in hand one space south of where the ninja was. Make sure she’s rallied up as well, and make sure replica Soleil is not in the way of any of the spy shuriken ninja on the east side when you do this, the poison damage will get her killed. She should be able to kill all of the ninja in the chamber, and the wakizashi swordmaster above, all without getting lunged in. One of the swordmasters will remain alive, but having been made to move he can now be baited out of the safety of the now-unfrozen automatons’ attack ranges. With that done, the remaining enemies should be easily defeated by staging a full player phase assault (with Laslow rallying everyone) after breaking down the wall. MAKE SURE NOBODY GETS IN RANGE OF THE REMAINING TWO LUNGE AUTOMATONS IN THE NEXT AREA WHEN YOU DO THIS. The only enemy you’re unlikely to be able to rout on this assault is the swordmaster pair guarding the eastern hallway into the chamber, so watch out that you don’t let anything squishy near them. Clear them out while avoiding the range of the lunge automatons, and then claim the treasure.

Phase two on the east side is the trickiest part of the plan and has the highest chance of failure, though it’s still pretty reliable. The Hall of Pain is a real nightmare, and this was the best strategy I could come up with. Step one is to move up to the eastern two-square-thick wall the eastern spy shuriken ninja is hiding behind and sit a bow-wielding Soleil, rallied and sung up, in the middle square of it, so that the eastern spy shuriken ninja can’t attack Soleil without exposing himself to ranged attack from in the hall of pain. Again, don’t do this while baiting the ninjas and swordmasters on the west side with the real Soleil, she won’t survive that assault if she gets 40% of her HP taken away. When you do this, also make sure that Soleil and Xander can both simultaneously be rallied by your defense rallier and by Laslow, and also make sure Azura is nearby (she should be anyway since you used her to sing Soleil). Next turn, when the ninja takes the bait, attack the battering club master of arms with Xander at range, sing him with Azura from the south, have Soleil finish off the eastern spy shuriken ninja she baited, and then have Xander attack the ninja in the hall of pain from on the pillars for added evasion. With Soleil next to him, the rally, and Azura’s song, his shurikenbreaker-bolstered evasion rate should be passable, around a 25% hit chance, even with weapon triangle disadvantage. On enemy phase, most of them should target Soleil since she has worse defense, so you should be good from this point, but there’s still a risk a chain reaction from Xander failing to dodge that first counter attack might cause things to go to hell for him. Due to the positioning of a master of arms on the western side of the Hall of Pain, the remaining spy shuriken ninja will have to attack Xander (and he’ll most likely want to attack him) from a position where Soleil can easily pick him off from 2-range. Now all that’s left are the only mildly gimmicky masters of arms before the final chamber.

Phase three on the west side is entirely optional. You’ve already claimed the treasure, this just amounts to a little experience, and honestly it’s kind of a pain. And with how Lunatic’s XP system works, honestly the experience might not even be worth it. But if your avatar is extremely weak and you absolutely must get through to have somebody save them, I’d recommend bringing two more charges of the freeze staff to freeze the two lunge automatons (this will require two separate freeze staves or a replicate unit to warp trade, because the two automatons cannot be frozen from the same general area, making direct adjacent trading impossible), bait the ninjas with Soleil while moving all of your other units up next to the unfrozen units’ attack ranges and then rush in once the ninjas are gone. Or, if your army is fast enough, only freeze the lower lunge automaton and just rush the whole lot after using the turn it's frozen to get as close as possible.

Phase three on the east side is trivial. The remaining enemies all have different attack ranges and can be baited separately by Soleil until they’re all gone. Claim the treasure, kill Kagero if you like, and then finish off Ryoma.

...Anyway, that's how I managed it. What were your strategies?

I'm pretty certain absolutely none of that is necessary. Especially the Laslow bit shurikenbreaker+sol Laslow/Soliel is the chest path cheese and capture is a thing so rallymaster is a guy.

Seriously the simple 2 chest 25 strat is "Laslow and Soliel walk right, Ophelia and Azura walk left, blick ryoma turn 4"

Ignoring that you can just send a Sorc + Sbreaker BK left burning a freeze charge, and burn an entrap stave on the right side.

Or just have a damage stacked (read: Not Quioxtic) Corrin beat up Ryoma

Edited by joshcja

26 minutes ago, joshcja said:

I'm pretty certain absolutely none of that is necessary. Especially the Laslow bit shurikenbreaker+sol Laslow/Soliel is the chest path cheese and capture is a thing so rallymaster is a guy.

Seriously the simple 2 chest 25 strat is "Laslow and Soliel walk right, Ophelia and Azura walk left, blick ryoma turn 4"

Level 15 skills used, Shurikenbreaker (Lol ch24), Bowbreaker (Ophelia is Ophelia).

That... I'm sorry, I'm going to need more information than that, that sounds flat-out impossible the way you describe it. What is bowbreaker supposed to protect you from? The only bow-using enemies are using spy yumis, lunge, and inevitable end seal defense, none of which will be noticeably softened by bowbreaker. How would Laslow and Soleil be able to tank the hall of pain without any assistance?

And yes, while I concede rallyman is a thing, he can't be in two places at once, as the time sensitive nature of this map requires, so he's not a built-in solution. Plus that requires training Niles up as a main party member, and Niles isn't exactly the best.

27 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Yes, the enemy of the 1-2 range vantage user with calamity gate is the 3 range spy yumi.

Can you please explain your strategy in better detail? It sounds like you're sending Ophelia in with a calamity gate and expecting her to one-shot all of the ninja thanks to vantage. Considering the kind of resistance ninja tend to have...

I'm currently on my first run lunatic conquest and I'm at chapter 13 now. With Laslow and Peri joined my team I'm thinking of training both of them and I'll probably keep Peri since her personal skill seems to be quite strong. I'm still debating over Laslow for now. I just don't know what kind of class and skill build I should go for them. For Laslow I'm thinking of making him a rally bot since Selena in my game is just a better fighter than him.

Any tips since I'm going into L!Conquest mostly blind.

Edited by FoliFF