The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

45 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

I'm currently on my first run lunatic conquest and I'm at chapter 13 now. With Laslow and Peri joined my team I'm thinking of training both of them and I'll probably keep Peri since her personal skill seems to be quite strong. I'm still debating over Laslow for now. I just don't know what kind of class and skill build I should go for them. For Laslow I'm thinking of making him a rally bot since Selena in my game is just a better fighter than him.

Any tips since I'm going into L!Conquest mostly blind.

Peri's personal skill is actually kinda crap. It doesn't stack with rallies, and she's not the best enemy phase combat unit anyway, since her defense is pretty bad and she doesn't have doubling 2-range. I wouldn't consider that skill when choosing to train her.

My biggest suggestions: make sure you have a solid counter to shuriken and daggers, specifically a good surikenbreaker dodgetank, otherwise the ending chapters are going to be hell. In case you don't know, the enemies in chapter 25 have this skill that makes their debuffs on you stack. Your units will be reduced to chunky salsa if you let them get those debuffs in. Also, make sure that you have some units with at least Rally Speed, or there will be enemies in the last few maps most of your units won't be able to double. I personally use Laslow as a replicating rally bot, but that strategy isn't all that popular among lunatic players. But I can tell you I made it work without resorting to DLC.

3 hours ago, joshcja said:

Yes.

It's Ophelia.

You mean the unit you can't get without using Odin in some capacity, and all of whose potential mothers are either bad units (Nyx, Felicia) or incapable of combat until around chapter 17 or so, rendering support points nigh impossible to practically acquire for the pairing (Elise)? You're suggesting that, with her only truly spectacular stat being luck, and her magic, skill and speed merely being above average, she is so amazingly powerful she can leap into the chamber of the lunging puppets on her own and come out alive? Unless you actually explain how this works, I'm just going to assume you're messing with me, because you're being pretty unhelpful.

Edited by Alastor15243

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debuff that stacks? I thought if you get hit by another debuff only resets the counter. Unless you mean you're getting debuffed across the broad constantly. Anyway then what popular character picks are good to counter the shiruken/dagger so I can start training them early? 

My guess are archers and my own ninjas? Also is wary fighter tank is solid counter?

Edit: forgot to ask, what other picks for rally bot on conquest other than Laslow are there?

Edited by FoliFF

1 hour ago, FoliFF said:

Debuff that stacks? I thought if you get hit by another debuff only resets the counter. Unless you mean you're getting debuffed across the broad constantly. Anyway then what popular character picks are good to counter the shiruken/dagger so I can start training them early? 

My guess are archers and my own ninjas? Also is wary fighter tank is solid counter?

Edit: forgot to ask, what other picks for rally bot on conquest other than Laslow are there?

They have a skill on lunatic that breaks that rule and causes every skill or weapon they have that debuffs stats to stack rather than use the highest value. No, a wary fighter tank is not a solid counter, it would take about ten hits at the most to reduce your tank's defense literally to zero. You need somebody who just won't get hit by the ninjas at all, which usually requires a speedy bow knight with shurikenbreaker.

Honestly the only truly essential rally is rally speed with defense a close second, so Azura's children could make passable rally bots if you don't want to go to the trouble of building a dedicated one. There's also Rallyman, the enemy master of arms in chapter 23 who has Rally speed, strength, defense and resistance. I recommend having at least two units with rally speed, bare minimum, or Chapter 25 will be even harder.

Edited by Alastor15243

16 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

They have a skill on lunatic that breaks that rule and causes every skill or weapon they have that debuffs stats to stack rather than use the highest value. No, a wary fighter tank is not a solid counter, it would take about ten hits at the most to reduce your tank's defense literally to zero. You need somebody who just won't get hit by the ninjas at all, which usually requires a speedy bow knight with bowbreaker.

Honestly the only truly essential rally is rally speed with defense a close second, so Azura's children could make passable rally bots if you don't want to go to the trouble of building a dedicated one. There's also Rallyman, the enemy master of arms in chapter 23 who has Rally speed, strength, defense and resistance. I recommend having at least two units with rally speed, bare minimum, or Chapter 25 will be even harder.

Geez... I'm looking forward to this... Enemy only skills that breaks the rules.

I guess I have to look over my team again to prepare myself for it.

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

You mean the unit you can't get without using Odin in some capacity, and all of whose potential mothers are either bad units (Nyx, Felicia) or incapable of combat until around chapter 17 or so, rendering support points nigh impossible to practically acquire for the pairing (Elise)? You're suggesting that, with her only truly spectacular stat being luck, and her magic, skill and speed merely being above average, she is so amazingly powerful she can leap into the chamber of the lunging puppets on her own and come out alive? Unless you actually explain how this works, I'm just going to assume you're messing with me, because you're being pretty unhelpful.

Yes, that is exactly how the Ophelia do. This is a known strat.

Odin/Wyven!Elise/+Mag Corrin are bar none the strongest firstgen combat units in CQ.

Read the thread backlog for specific abuse. I'm sick of spelling this shit out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: All you really need for CH 25 is a damage stacked Corrin capable of killing Ryoma 1v1. The main sidepath draw is silence and that's skipable. Ch26 is harder without it but ch26 is pretty easy if you have a nos user and an entrap stave. Ch27 and 28 are both solo bosskills. If you do sidepath 25 on an unspoiled team Niles and Nina with breaker7 + rallymaster are sufficent to clear the map and gain metric fucktons of exp on Ch24.

You'll know who rallymaster is when you load up Ch23. He's a cool dude.

Laslow is quite good as a fatass Master ninja with Sol, best when married to Charolette for gamble & Hp+5 both on himself and Soliel. Pick up shurikenbreaker on ch24 off a bow knight reclass (just use a +2 bronze bow) if you like.

Edited by joshcja

1 hour ago, joshcja said:

Read the thread backlog for specific abuse. I'm sick of spelling this shit out.

I'm sorry, there might be something wrong with the search engine, I searched the entire thread for the words "calamity gate" and also just "calamity" and in all twelve of the posts that came up nobody explained how she can one-hit-kill ninjas with that thing. Am I supposed to search for something else, like CG? Can you point to the post where this is said?

I'm only asking for details because I'm still not seeing it. The ninjas have 43 HP and 29 resistance, calamity gate has 7 might, weapon rank and wta will add 5 I believe, and sorcerers' maximum magic stat is 35, and that's assuming they cap it. How is Ophelia supposed add on 25 more damage from there between meals, tonics, rallies, pairups and skills? Is she using Life And Death? What's the loadout?

Edited by Alastor15243

10 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Can you please explain your strategy in better detail? It sounds like you're sending Ophelia in with a calamity gate and expecting her to one-shot all of the ninja thanks to vantage. Considering the kind of resistance ninja tend to have...

A certain minmaxed Ophelia build is borderline invincible. As I recall, that requires a fair amount of work be put into her, though.

I want to add that, unless Corrin is especially squishy, the map tends to not actually be all that time sensitive. The tiles in the dueling room reducing damage to 1/4 really neuters Ryoma. A Nohr Noble with the Dragonstone+ and 30-ish Def can basically just sit there getting plinked by Ryoma's attacks, using the odd Vulnerary whenever he gets too many procs (crits shouldn't be an issue between Dragonstone+'s Dodge +10 and a Luck Tonic). I think I drew the map out to 50+ turns and I was never in danger of dying. Once the DV is reachable, the tiles turning into -Avoid makes it very easy to rush down and overwhelm Ryoma with the rest of the team. And that's all YOLO strategy due to doing the whole thing blind. If one knows the battle is coming, there's a Wyvern build that can end up giving Ryoma 0% Hit, allowing Corrin to casually beat him to a pulp.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi
Added quote because notifications only gave me posts about halfway through the current conversation.

Just go read the backlog. The lobster love saga alone is worth it. Also I'm wrong a lot so it'll probably amuse you.

Gate doubles WTA so it's 10 + 7 + tonic (2), + meal (2), +rally (4) + Sorc pairup (6-9) so you need 38 mag. Ophelia caps at 40-50+ mag before damage stack.

There's a fair number of builds posted. The minmaxed Murderphelia nogrind ch28 solo is completely restrictive and is not fun at all. There are like 4-5 more lax "eh vantagesorc spam solve my problems" builds that are resource light and actually entertaining to play with though. 

Edited by joshcja

i killed everyone on ch25 with just bowbreaker laslow, bog-standard sorc odin, a weak-ass corrin who couldn't solo ryoma, and a band of un-wed misfits

bowbreaker and a bit of luck is really all you need to get through the right side if you're smart about luring the ninjas. the left side is much harder to clean up but also a very good application of freeze charges. there's no reason to split the party either, since even an underleveled corrin can usually stall ryoma for a good while via dragonstone+ and vulneraries when given a def tonic and rally def support (hi camilla). you can also just rescue her if absolutely necessary.

inevitable end sounds scary but it's really not a big deal if you have your bowbreaker unit pull dudes, and don't try to have one unit solo everything. one unit shouldn't be taking a ton of shuriken fire if they are going to be doing anything in the near future or lack significant evade vs shuriken (eg. bowbreaker or calamity gate)

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

On 1/22/2017 at 2:16 PM, joshcja said:

Camilia is trained in every single non-challenge CQ run and will almost always receive both boots. Reclassed to zerker she needs +12 from skills after tonics/pairup/rally if you're not +str corin so a 100% kill looks something like this...

43 (capped str) + 8 (brave) + 2 (tonic) + 4 (rally) + 8 (Hold zerker corin) + 5 (axefaire), +5 (trample), +2 (str+2) = 77

So to answer your question. All of them. Zerker's just hit that hard. Durability is a nonissue, Takumi can vengence crit and still not kill because zerkers are just that fat. Provided you miss one of the 3 85%ish rolls and takumi does venge crit you he will then proceed to suicide on a full guard gauge if he's the only enemy in range capable of critting (luck tonic+rally rigs this nicely) so it really is just the safest easiest, and most efficient way to kill Takumi.

Edit: In all seriousness the easiest CQ run of your life is just Jakob/Odin/Arthur/Silias/Niles + Corin/DracoElise/Azura/Camilia/Other Female + Kids and Staves. Feels so good.

Apologizes for the late reply.

Quite interesting, Berserker can certainly reach some ridiculous att values. Though I have a few comments/questions.

-          I assume because you mentioned the boots that there’s a 1 turn strat that only requires 8 move on the bosskiller (and how much on the Rescuer?). I haven’t counted the squares in a while but a cursory search shows videos of 1 turn clears using 10 move Wyverns. I also do expect there are a number of players unwilling to forgo full recruitment which could be a factor.

-          This seems to require Camilla getting 4 levels in non-mounted class. I’m unsure how much a problem this is (probably highly dependent on the team and pace) but I imagine there are certain chapters affected by her not being on a Wyvern.

-          Camilla averages 5 Str off from her Berserker cap (of 41) if she spends most of her time in Malig/Wyvern. Of course you can Energy Drop this. (I think statues, weapon rank bonuses, Lazwald make up for the 43 cap you calculated).

-          If you do 50 damage with 2 brave hits before the counter, doesn’t that give Takumi +25 Vengeance damage on top of his 48+3 Competitive att? How are you living a crit? Is Camilla even living a non crit? Seems kinda close. At a glance she averages around 54 hp and 24 Def after HP+5, tonics, +2 Supportive and -4 from Brave. Corrin would comparatively deal with 15 less crit chance between Yato and not being a Berserker. He also has +4 Def from Yato, Triangle negating S bows, better Def base in most classes, and maybe some Def from Pair Up (Wyvern Gunter?)

-          Suppose you survive, if your hit rate isn’t 100, it doesn’t seem to be a guaranteed kill. If you miss your player phase attack (61%ish to hit 3 consecutive 85%s that you mentioned, isn’t too much higher than 49% of 1 Dragon Fang in 2 attempts. Berserker has more crit chance to slightly boost that.), your Pass/Lunge/Rescue unit gets killed. If you’re using a disposable one, then the offensive benchmark is more lenient anyway as earlier mentioned. I guess it could be an AI thing, vs Berserker, Takumi doesn’t see Dual Guard, so he thinks he has a lethal hit and attacks first in turn order? That would make things much easier in general for any Brave user, for example, killing in 5 hits only requires 30 damage before reduction, or around 57 att (slightly complicated by Draconic Hex, though Corrin in particular can hex him back). Regardless, Corrin should have much better hit, probably 100%, with triangle and Yato’s higher hit compared to Brave Axe’s 55+15 S rank.

Assuming we are doing a bit of optimization and still somewhat care about efficiency, I’m curious what Wyvern+Paladin Corrin (both mounted classes with good 1-2 range) can do…

38x2 to one-round Takumi, so that’s 51 before reduction and 78 att needed. 78 - 16 mt – 1 triangle – 4 rally – 1 lazwald – 2 tonic  – 5 trample – 3 elbow room – 1 defender – 2 Str+2 = 43 from natural Str+Pair Up+weapon rank. Different ways to reach that, what first comes to mind is Great Knight which has 34 with any boon plus Luck Bane and Gunter gives 7 at B support in Wyvern. +2 from B rank swords is enough. Also statues, potential +Str boon, maybe other factors I’m missing.

So it’s comparable I think. I’m not seeing Berserker as the clearly superior option to Corrin. Samurai skills do seem pretty unnecessary, it’s just more lenience, perhaps allowing statboosters to be used elsewhere instead of meeting benchmarks and in case of RNG screwage (and misc cases like if Rally Str wasn’t captured/trained, Energy drops gone, various characters dead, etc).

And I think in general Conquest is kinda hard if you play it straightforwardly and fight through all the Seals/Poison/Lunge/etc. It’s easy if you use Corrin/Jakob/etc in good builds to straight up oneround or ohko stuff so that stuff doesn’t activate. Well, and have a plan for the lategame silliness.

Re: C25 clears: If Corrin is good and has damage stack or Poison, just kill Ryoma (even weaker ones will probably eventually win through convoy items plus Dragon Fang/Killer Crits). Possibly grab Silence on the left the turn before you win the duel (just brute force through the wall).

If you really need to open the door or want both chests, the easy way is to just spam Entrap/Freeze as necessary. If not allowing or not having staff uses, then it’s probably more tricky. On the left I think you can Azura+Shelter to kill the Ninja at the breakable wall, without triggering the Lunge Yumis, then force your way through. On the right, you can bait the poison stack ninjas with weak units, then break down the wall and through their formation.

Shurikenbreaker makes everything easier though typically you can wait out debuffs as well. Rallies give you more stats which make it easier to break through.

Other strats: apparently you can actually lure Ryoma down and attack him through the door with your other characters (meaning a Paired Up+Rallied one).

Ok cut the walls of text down to bullet points. More words do not make an idea bigger they just make the fucker harder to find.

When unit efficiency is questioned generally the context of the discussion is efficiency runs.

17 hours ago, XeKr said:

(Snip)

Yes Takumi reads lethal damage and crit chance and will attack first if you hit certan values. The values are much more generous for an axe user.

Did you just lowball zerker stats and then highball hype +str Cavdraco Corrin? No hitting 43 str on a non-Zerk is never more efficient than hitting 43 str on a zerk. An argument can be made for the single DF proc kill vs brave axe but even then Corrin needs significantly higher investment.

At most dracozerk needs 14k invest to kill tak 100%. You get 20K free on ch26. You will have an axe user trained up. Camilia is a purely middle-of-the-pack zerker option however she is by far the most commonly used axe unit.

Edited by joshcja

Aren’t dashes pretty much bullet points? >_>. And generally what’s in my posts is there for a reason, whether it’s (carefully) read or not, subtle or not, so eh. It’s not a race to respond.

Anyways, if you can bait Takumi’s AI, then it seems many Brave users with weak durability can get the kill as you get 2 more hits on enemy phase. Corrin who can hex back needs just 57 att, and other units need 59 att (for 16+16+16 before hex and 14+14 after hex. Need 39 Spd also to double after hex). Rally+Lazslow+Tonic is 7, Braves are around 10 mt after weapon rank/triangle. So around 40-42 atk from other sources which includes natural Str, Pair Up, skills, etc, which seems pretty lenient (there’s like a 2.7% chance of whiffing the 3 hits in 5 attempts at 85% hit but w/e). Does only Berserker have the requisite weak durability/low dodge to bait Takumi? Do you know the specific cutoff?

And what? For the clean oneround on player phase, Corrin has to hit around 43 Str with Pair Up/Weapon rank, so she only as to hit around 34 natural Str (which she can hit without +Str boon). Camilla has to hit around 43 natural Str (as you already counted +8 from Pair Up+Supportive. Her cap is 41 but add in weapon rank/Lazslow).

Here the benchmark att number of 78/77 is ultimately similar due to Yato mitigating Dragonskin but only getting 2 attacks vs. 3 off. So the comparison is (Trample is a wash), Elbow Room + Defender  + Triangle + Shadow Yato’s mt advantage vs. Berserker Str cap + Axefaire. And Corrin probably has 100 hit while you claimed Berserker has ~85%. Corrin has no chance of death to Vengeance crit. The ~3 Energy Drops for Camilla to max Str are whatever since too lazy to find out not sure who else best uses it and Corrin might want 1-2 to hit her cap also.

Wyvern/Paladin Corrin has already been shown to be effective in various efficiency/ltc runs (with video evidence), so I don’t think it’s an outlandish build. So far, I haven’t seen much utility in taking a Wyvern/Malig character through Berserker in an efficiency run, except for some of your posts (videos or playlogs with positionings/turncounts would help, certainly). Unmounting your highest move, double boots, unit seems fairly questionable?

(fwiw I talked about pace and such previously because this is the Lunatic Club, not a tier list or whatever topic, so I figure we should be accommodating as a baseline. But I’m fine discussing wrt the framework of efficiency, which I consider to be fast and reliable clears)

As a side note, I forgot to mention because I forgot that a number of teams and builds are likely capable of a near 100% reliable 2 turn with double refreshes sending 2 bosskillers. For some players, the efficiency may be comparable to a sub100% success rate 1 turn strat or one that requires a narrow team composition or skill build.

Edited by XeKr

21 hours ago, XeKr said:

(snip)

As a side note, I forgot to mention because I forgot that a number of teams and builds are likely capable of a near 100% reliable 2 turn with double refreshes sending 2 bosskillers. For some players, the efficiency may be comparable to a sub100% success rate 1 turn strat or one that requires a narrow team composition or skill build.

I did not forget. It's just way easier to mash the axe button on a unit I train up anyways. Prematurely nihilating in an argument is just embarrassing.

Edit: I do intentionally ignore things in your posts since a lot of it amounts to irrelevant nitpicking. Also it's scattered through the whole damn thing. Waaay too much effort for no real progress.

Early on in Fates I actually thought the AI worked the way you describe it, then I started actually playing with -cevade/lowstat abuse, turns out not so much, for this specific type of AI abuse there is no set cutoff, just an arbitrarily large number of ranges that change constantly. Just assume for the sake of this argument that zerker's are aggro magnets and takumi is made of the rare metal assholeanium. It's completely untrue but for the sake of this conversation it's true enough. (Note: This is not an AI abuse found by me, blame Doesn't).

I generally discuss semi-purist purely casual play as the baseline unless the topic specifically states otherwise since LTC/Efficency play in fates has a meandering baseline determined entirely by the arbitrary restrictions a player imposes on the run ranging from purist to full on MC abuse and MC abused casual play is a joke. Also it's what most people actually play...

TL:DR Here's the breakdown. +Str Corn vs Draco. In purely casual play the setup for a Zerk kill is viable in every single run and is available to players of all skill levels. In efficiency you will almost never use +str dracodin corn, if you do use thi build the zerk kill consumes less resources, and less contested resources offering build flexibility this can be ignored as a purely quality of life improvement if you are already fielding the resources for double bosskillers, in LTC a zerk kill is pointless, double dragon fang is kosher, +hp is mandatory.

Edited by joshcja

Yo so... I'm finally attempting Lunatic too hahaha ;; 

I've been thinking of replaying my Wyvern Conquest playthrough (links in my sig should give the gist of it from my first attempt; basic idea is that all combat units end as wyvern tree classes), how viable does that seem on Lunatic? 

Edited by BANRYU

2 hours ago, BANRYU said:

I've been thinking of replaying my Wyvern Conquest playthrough (links in my sig should give the gist of it from my first attempt; basic idea is that all combat units end as wyvern tree classes), how viable does that seem on Lunatic? 

I imagine it'll make Takumi a living hell with no Shadow Yato and everyone poentially being one-shot by Takumi. You'd have to do some crazy stat abuse or properly time the build-up of multiple dual guards on multiple units.

17 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Birds are good, you'll still want a rescue use and Azura for ch28 Takumi. probably a non wyvern bosskiller but zerks work fine.

RE: Inspiration on Ophelia vs breaker. Shuriken are a pain in the dick in CQ and Ophelia will rarely be remotely close to the rest of your army since her job is soloing large swaths of a map.

On 1/30/2017 at 2:37 PM, Alastor15243 said:

I imagine it'll make Takumi a living hell with no Shadow Yato and everyone poentially being one-shot by Takumi. You'd have to do some crazy stat abuse or properly time the build-up of multiple dual guards on multiple units.

Oh yeah undoubtedly, dealing with Takumi when I did this run on Hard was a bloodbath lol. I'll definitely be trying to do the DG thing if I can manage it.

8 hours ago, joshcja said:

Birds are good, you'll still want a rescue use and Azura for ch28 Takumi. probably a non wyvern bosskiller but zerks work fine.

RE: Inspiration on Ophelia vs breaker. Shuriken are a pain in the dick in CQ and Ophelia will rarely be remotely close to the rest of your army since her job is soloing large swaths of a map.

Most units are spending the bulk of the game not as wyverns anyway, so it shouldn't be too big a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally sold on the usefulness of Shurikenbreaker, just not on how long it's gonna take to take Felicia to get it. The possible middle ground I might go with is Strong Riposte, since it meshes pretty well with Vantage / EP tanking.

Edited by BANRYU

Recently beat Revelations Lunatic. I have to say that it was disappointingly easy. Especially the end game which took little effort to win and, I have to say that Birthright's Lunatic mode gave me more trouble overall. Really the best part of this for me was the mighty Swordmaster Silas and his bottle. WVW69kCnqyAdIgqWfN.jpg

Done chapter 25 in no castle skills and no children run. the important point there is that if you look closely there are actually tiles, where ninjas attack ranges converge. So you can afford to use surikenbreaker unit (based Felicia with Corrin|wyern rider as her husband) and someone with damage addition (like Camilla)) standing on neighbouring tile. The rest of the guys can be fought pretty much separately. Against lunge  guys - well, shelter+Azura -> now you're a king. That's also the trick for weakening some groups of enemies before wrecking the walls and rushing them down in single turn. I found this chapter quite interesting since while it's intimidating, after carefully looking thorugh all options one can find a solid non-rng-based and geometrically beautiful soultion - well, that's what i like about Conquest. And as it has already been stated - the chapter has effectively unlimited turns if you didn't mess up your Corrin. 

Hey, 

Thought this is the best place to ask. I've been wanting to replay Conquest, and felt it was slightly pointless to do the same Hard Classic run again. However, I've never attempted a FE Lunatic run before, and would be really grateful to know what I'm going to be getting myself into x'D

The things I'm concerned about are: 

Do you get the same amount of funds as Hard Mode?

Is it better to plan out which units to use before starting - and are there any essential units?

Would I need to rely on DLC and MyCastle for funds/exp/skills/classes?

(Anything else I should know?)

The other harder difficulties I've played before are Hector Normal Mode, and FE 12 Hard. 

Thank you for your time ;)

17 hours ago, komasa said:

Hey, 

Thought this is the best place to ask. I've been wanting to replay Conquest, and felt it was slightly pointless to do the same Hard Classic run again. However, I've never attempted a FE Lunatic run before, and would be really grateful to know what I'm going to be getting myself into x'D

The things I'm concerned about are: 

Do you get the same amount of funds as Hard Mode?

Yes.

Is it better to plan out which units to use before starting - and are there any essential units?

Yes though it's not necessary, you can go in completely blind and still win the game. If you want an easy run just use 4 of the early boys and xander + waifu's+kids. Fielding Odin&Ophelia is not mandatory but vantagesorc with nos or LoD cuts the game to shreds. Camilia/Dancer/Xander is not mandatory but there's no real reason not to use them. Corin is mandatory.

Would I need to rely on DLC and MyCastle for funds/exp/skills/classes?

There is no reason to ever do this. Snagging out of town resources for the mess hall is convenient though.

(Anything else I should know?)

Learn shurikenbreaker before ch25, Use birds in the midgame. Use FCorrin. Kill Takumi with the brave axe or forged lightning. Learn the games movement techs. Capture rallymaster, capture passfalco.

The other harder difficulties I've played before are Hector Normal Mode, and FE 12 Hard.

Thank you for your time ;)

Replies in bold. Read the thread backlog for more.

Edited by joshcja

Thank you for the reply @joshcja.  

So far, the difficulty from Hard to Lunatic isn't as steep as I imagined famous last words  Ch10 is round the corner, so that'll be a better indicator than the early chapters x'D. 

I quite like the fixed growth because there isn't a need to worry about missing out on good level ups if resets are needed. 

With Odin, he's been oddly consistent at growing str at the moment, so the plan is to keep him Dark Mage through Ch10 for the fire orb, and if he still isn't gaining any magic, he may as well go Samurai. 

Each to thier own good sir, there's plenty of tactics to beat Ch10. imo The only reason to ever kill Takumi is if you can't survive for 11 turns :P:

Edited by komasa