The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

Yeah Conquest just sort of ends if Xander builds a support with Selena / Laslow. It's pretty funny. I've had him basically solo C25 for me before (he doubled Master Ninjas because why not).

I tend to get burned out from Conquest if I play multiple playthroughs in a row, so ordinarily I would say take a break with something else for a bit. Not sure about Revelations though as I don't have the game.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:43 PM, LoneRecon400 said:

Can here somebody do me a favor a create a topic for this stat sheet? It's over enemy stats on Lunatic:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vXDWKA7hEsgyOBH4TRErrjeFvrs4O4xDHeVd0d1POv0/htmlview#gid=0

I'd do it myself, but I cannot create topics on this account.

This is interesting - I have my own notes on the game and might combine this with those at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Is there any good tips for the early game (for chapter 1- 6)? I keep struggling.

The chapter with rinkah and kaze as prisoners: don't be afraid to have Gunter kill myrms. Dual attack with him for big damage. Your servant getting xp is nearly as important as Corrin at the start (the self heal on heal skill is really good early if you're not reclassing).

Chasm chapter: I like to put Gunter in servant's backpack for large portions of it. Servant's aura helps out corrin and the servant is much squishier (especially if it's Felicia). I go south, kill mobs, kill archers, kill pegs, kill boss (corrin with Gunter backpack EP kill with servant within two spaces for consistency on boss kill).

Kaze and rinkah chapter: Waltz to princesses. Doesn't matter is staffbot princess dies. Talk to peg princess for heal item. Put Rinkah in Corrin's pocket and approach the boss&mobs without activating the DV. Have Kaze attack in the back out of range behind Corrin.

Crazy dragon chapter: corrin kills two myrms on left. Everyone else gets ready going right (Rinkah goes in Kaze's pocket). Turn 2 kill the myrm/mage or at least kill the myrm. Turn 3 kill left over mage and have kaze pull the south mages. Turn 4 should have three mages and paired myrms in the choke. One of these mages attacked kaze, so they're weak. Kill the weak mage with kaze, have corrin kill the choke holding mage, dance corrin, have corrin kill the wyrm myrm while holding choke. It should be pretty easy from there. Send corrin to the boss and use dances for Kaze to clean up mages as you need it.

Chapter 6: depends on which story you pick. My Nohr strat always works with netting lots of xp for Corrin and servant. Elise activates DV. Xander moves just past Elise. Camilla pairs with Corrin. Servant pairs with Leo. Servant with Leo pocket moves in range of Pineapple failure prince. Corrin plops Camilla next to servant. Turn 2: Elise hops on the Xander ferry south. Corrin kills Worst character ever prince. Camilla weakens Peg princess. Servant kills peg. Turn 3: Xander and Elise separate just outside of Ryoma's range south. Everyone separates/heals. Turn 4: Elise freezes Ryoma diagonally from Ryoma. Xander hits Ryoma on side furthest from group but next to Elise. Camilla takes position diagonal of Ryoma, two spaces away from Elise. Servant creates a square with Ryoma being the top part, Elise/Camilla the sides and servant the bottom. Leo pairs with Corrin and Corrin attacks with dragonstone in the middle of servant, Elise, and Camilla for the kill on Ryoma. Servant nets mechanist guy kill unless Corrin can hit level 10 from it.

Those are my strats. There are others. I can be more detailed about some. Hopefully they help or inspire you to make something else. I'm on mobile currently, so fingers crossed it makes sense/is readable.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:32 AM, Jingle Jangle said:

Thanks for the advice  @Centh , I was able to complete the early with few problems. On to lunatic Birthright currently on chapter 8.

I'm glad it was helpful! I also now realize most of my strats are all designed around female Corrin, so the difference in Felicia and Jakob's stats is a big deal.

Ch.8 is all about DV management imo. Sometimes you want it, sometimes later, sometimes not at all. Have you decided who you want to use in your run or are you playing birthright for the first time?

19 hours ago, Centh said:

Ch.8 is all about DV management imo. Sometimes you want it, sometimes later, sometimes not at all. Have you decided who you want to use in your run or are you playing birthright for the first time?

For my second run of Birthright I'm planning to use by the end Corrin, Kagero, Orochi, Rinkah, Reina, HinokaCaeldori, FeliciaRhajat, Azura, Ryoma, SetsunaMitama, HanaSophie, Scarlet, AzuraSelkie, Felicia,Saizo and Hinoka. Planning to reclass Mitama to an archer, Caeldori to a lancer fighter, and Sophie to a hero.

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For my second run of Birthright I'm planning to use by the end Corrin, Kagero, Orochi, Rinkah, Reina, HinokaCaeldori, FeliciaRhajat, Azura, Ryoma, SetsunaMitama, HanaSophie, Scarlet, AzuraSelkie, Felicia,Saizo and Hinoka. Planning to reclass Mitama to an archer, Caeldori to a lancer fighter, and Sophie to a hero.

I've only done lunatic BR twice and I didn't use any kids, so I'm not much use here lol! As far as my knowledge of BR goes, as long as you have at least 2 EP blenders (units with a stat backpack who can fight waves of enemies at 1-2 an live) you're good to go. Good RNG!

On 10/29/2018 at 3:18 AM, ChickenWings said:

Recommended characters, couples, and possibly kids in this difficulty for Conquest?

I would recommend Camilla, Xander, and Elise, at the very least (seal the former to Wyvern Lord ASAP). Those are about all I could recommend (that other people would agree with, that is; you probably won't get much of a census on anyone else, I'm afraid).

14 minutes ago, ChickenWings said:

I do want my Corn to marry Kaze in this run.

What will your boon, bane, and talent be? Also, I feel the need to mention that unlike in Awakening, the children's paralogues scale in level according to how far you are in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 10:19 AM, ChickenWings said:

You're really gonna leave it there?

Slap nos on Odin. Force feed him kills and tonics. HS him to samurai for vantage, then back to dm. Start throwing him into the biggest clumps of enemies you can find. Be the mother of a goddess with Corrin!Ophelia. Pass down nobility and vantage. Slap dusts, hard hitting tome, lightning, nos, and calamity gate on Ophelia to watch our savior deliver us from difficulty.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:19 PM, ChickenWings said:

You're really gonna leave it there?

+Mag -Def Corrinette with Samurai talent.
Marry Odin before Chapter 12 (or before Ch 11, but it depends on unlocking other Paralogues or getting lucky interacting with Odin in My Castle), recruit Ophelia immediately and profit.

Corrin will still have high Str (probably higher than Mag), but +Mag lets her abuse the Dragon Stones, grants her a reliable 1-2 attack upon promotion and creates a psycho Ophelia.
The Samurai talent saves a Heart Seal on Odin and gives you more flexibility to learn Vantage early in the game; specially if you want to pass it to Ophelia (in my opinion, Ophelia prefers Duelist's Blow and Dragon Fang, but it is a style.) Later, when you have access to more Heart Seals, Corrinette can also benefit from the Samurai's skills (I prefer Dark Mage's skills on her, but both sets are useful.)

I would marry Silas to Archer Mozu, for an early Sophie with Aptitude. Then let Silas learn the Archer skills and get a +7 attack on player phase very early in the game. Overpowered as fuck.

Even if you do not use her for the whole campaign, marry Effie to Arthur, grab the easy 10.000 G right in their child's Paralogue right after Chapter 10, and then re-class Effie into a Berserker for crazy damage.

As you see, I like to define my core party early in the game and let them grow strong.
Others will be of more help with 'backpacks', since I do not use them (and it is one of the main reasons why I prefer Hard over Lunatic.)

Edited by starburst

1 hour ago, starburst said:

Even if you do not use her for the whole campaign, marry Effie to Arthur, grab the easy 10.000 G right in their child's Paralogue right after Chapter 10, and then re-class Effie into a Berserker for crazy damage.

I feel the need to correct you here - the money gotten in Percy's paralogue depends oh now many enemy units you can affect with the Dragon Veins.

1 hour ago, starburst said:

+Mag -Def Corrinette with Samurai talent.

I think you are shooting yourself in the foot here, big time.- cutting your defense when defense is more important then ever is about as smart as robbing a police station.

On 10/29/2018 at 1:18 AM, ChickenWings said:

Recommended characters, couples, and possibly kids in this difficulty for Conquest?

To keep it as generic as possible, +mag/-luck female corn is generally the best. Silas is amazing, if you keep his level up (he can get a level on his join chapter before Arthur/Effie even appear! He has a huge variety of physical classes he can change into and has the growths for). All the royals are good (Leo, Xander, Camilla!!!, Elise). Niles has great utility with bows/movement/lockpick/capture. Jakob is great as a Butler or class changed (hard hitting dagger user is really really handy early). Azura. Arthur has amazing pair up bonuses, at minimum. Percy/Ophelia/Sophie/Shigure are probably the best kids. Notable couples: Arthur & Effie/Beruka/Camilla, Silas & Camilla/Beruka/Kaze(A+), Corrin & first butler, Niles & Azura, Odin & Elise/Corrin.

On 16/11/2018 at 2:44 PM, Centh said:

To keep it as generic as possible, +mag/-luck female corn is generally the best.

It is undeniable that +Mag -Luck is easier to play, but you should try +Mag -Def some time.

It is counter-intuitive, but -Def does not really make Corrin squishy (like, say, Kaze or Azura.) A -Def Corrin only starts with 1 less point of Defence than a -Luck Corrin does. On average, by L10 the difference between them is -2 Def; right before promotion the gap is -3 Def and -1 Res; and by 20/20 the difference would be -5 Def and -3 Res.
OK, so why would one reduce Corrin’s defences?

First, because Cornflakes is never the party tank. The Dragon Stones’s defensive bonuses are great, but Corrin will never be as sturdy as Silas or Knight Effie or Xander or Velouria or WL Camilla or Benny... Not to mention that the only open maps (where an ambush might happen) in Conquest are Ch 19 and Ch 24, and Ch 10 to a degree (but Corrin/Odin can tank Onis indefinitely.)

Second, around promotion a -Def Corrin has also a +1 Str, +1 Mag and +5 Luck lead over a -Luck Corrin. And by late game, the lead gap is +2 Str, +2 Mag and +8 Luck (with higher caps in all three.)

On the other hand, one gets a Talisman in Conquest Ch 9, a Dragon Shield in Ch 10, and a +5 HP Robe in Ch 14.
If you only gave Cornflakes the Dragon Shield for a +2 Def bonus, a -Def Corrin would only have 1 less point of Defence than a -Luck Corrin for most of the game (it is only around L20/10 when the gap increases one more point.) In exchange, Cornflakes would have slightly better offensive growths and considerably more Luck.

So, yeah, one ‘patches’ a -Luck Corrin with the Goddess Icon from Ch 5, but ‘patching’ a -Def Corrin is just as easy. And I prefer the Strength and Magic (slight) leads and the Luck plus. It is a style, I guess.

Edited by starburst

On 11/17/2018 at 5:18 AM, starburst said:

It is undeniable that +Mag -Luck is easier to play, but you should try +Mag -Def some time.

It is counter-intuitive, but -Def does not really make Corrin squishy (like, say, Kaze or Azura.) A -Def Corrin only starts with 1 less point of Defence than a -Luck Corrin does. On average, by L10 the difference between them is -2 Def; right before promotion the gap is -3 Def and -1 Res; and by 20/20 the difference would be -5 Def and -3 Res.
OK, so why would one reduce Corrin’s defences?

First, because Cornflakes is never the party tank. The Dragon Stones’s defensive bonuses are great, but Corrin will never be as sturdy as Silas or Knight Effie or Xander or Velouria or WL Camilla or Benny... Not to mention that the only open maps (where an ambush might happen) in Conquest are Ch 19 and Ch 24, and Ch 10 to a degree (but Corrin/Odin can tank Onis indefinitely.)

Second, around promotion a -Def Corrin has also a +1 Str, +1 Mag and +5 Luck lead over a -Luck Corrin. And by late game, the lead gap is +2 Str, +2 Mag and +8 Luck (with higher caps in all three.)

On the other hand, one gets a Talisman in Conquest Ch 9, a Dragon Shield in Ch 10, and a +5 HP Robe in Ch 14.
If you only gave Cornflakes the Dragon Shield for a +2 Def bonus, a -Def Corrin would only have 1 less point of Defence than a -Luck Corrin for most of the game (it is only around L20/15 when the gap increases one more point.) In exchange, Cornflakes would have slightly more Str and Mag and considerably more Luck.

So, yeah, one ‘patches’ a -Luck Corrin with the Goddess Icon from Ch 5, and ‘patching’ a -Def Corrin is just as easy. And I prefer the slight Strength and Magic leads and the Luck plus. It is a style, I guess.

The main reason I disagree with this is BECAUSE it is really counter-intuitive. Lowering your defense base and growth is not really something I'd be okay with when defense is more important than ever - you can't rely on dodgetanking as much as you could in, say, the GBA games. This is even worse here since you can't savescum levels iirc (I remember seeing stuff about how level ups are fixed on Lunatic).

All of those units you named have at least one weakness to be wary of. (To be fair, so does Corrin, but Wyrmslayers are not that common compared to Hammers, Armorslayers, Beast Killers or bows - I've only seen Wyrmslayers in chapter 16 and 26, and maybe a paralogue; someone else can correct me on this if I'm wrong.) And Silas is rather lackluster imo. Anyhow, I generally would wind up worrying if my dedicated tanks started getting HP screwed and thus couldn't do their jobs. Also, there's Draconic Hex, which makes it such that throwing Corrin to tank a few enemies then cleaning the debuffed enemies up would be effective.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 19/11/2018 at 7:11 PM, joshcja said:

-def makes enemies actually attack dragonstone cornbread so it's a not-bad flaw in CQ.
The main drawback is the more minor (but still extremely annoying) str nerf.

Hey, mate! When you mentioned the drawback, you were talking about the -Luck bane, right? Because, according to the calculators [1-2], a -Def bane does not affect Strength at all. In fact, having no offensive penalties was the main reason why I decided to try -Def (and get a [slight] power lead over the common -Luck.)
The leads in Magic and Strength are always welcome, and Corrinette (and her eternal daughter, Ophelia) always end as powerful as hell.

[1] https://soapy4159.github.io/ferevpairings/
[2] https://zekareisoujin.github.io/FEFatesStatCalc/

10 hours ago, starburst said:

Hey, mate! When you mentioned the drawback, you were talking about the -Luck bane, right? Because, according to the calculators [1-2], a -Def bane does not affect Strength at all. In fact, having no offensive penalties was the main reason why I decided to try -Def (and get a [slight] power lead over the common -Luck.)
The leads in Magic and Strength are always welcome, and Corrinette (and her eternal daughter, Ophelia) always end as powerful as hell.

Nope. Was looking at Def Boon. You are correct. Def bane lowering luck is weird.

Edited by joshcja

15 hours ago, starburst said:

I should try it. I generally go either dragon stone tanking or sorc/diviner with Corrin, so my main concern is being able to take a hit. You showed -def is just as easy to patch up (even if it's ~5 chapters later), which makes me think I'm over valuing the benefit from -lck.

On 21/11/2018 at 4:14 PM, Centh said:

I should try it. I generally go either dragon stone tanking or sorc/diviner with Corrin, so my main concern is being able to take a hit. You showed -def is just as easy to patch up (even if it's ~5 chapters later), which makes me think I'm over valuing the benefit from -lck.

The Defence loss is accentuated by Endgame because Nohr Noble was used in the comparison, and this class losses -5 % Def from Nohr Princess. A different class would most likely have a higher Defence growth.

In my experience, a --Def is easy to patch, and I always get more powerful Corrinettes (more than the +2 Str/ Mag that the average calculator implies) than with the --Luck bane. In the end, it is an exchange of -10 % Def and -5 % Res for gains of +5 % Str, +5 % Mag and +15 % Luck. How lucky are you with RNG?

[This is a side note because it refers to recent experiences in Hard.]
Lately, I have been crunching some numbers related to critical hits across campaigns in Hard. In all of them I used a +Mag -Def Nohr Noble Corrin, and in all of them she was able to: tank indefinitely (with Odin) in Ch 10; reach L20 and D-rank in tomes in Ch 15; lure the Paladins in Ch 18; kill foxes (with Ophelia) in Ch19 [using a cross formation]; face Stoneborn and Faceless in Ch 21; defeat Ryoma (with a Berserker pair-up) in Ch 25; be the main tank (with Odin) using tomes against the Generals and Berserkers in Ch 26; lead the charge (with Odin) using tomes in Endgame... Honestly, I do not know what else one can ask her to do. And I mentioned the pair-ups precisely because none provided Def bonuses; the thresholds were always reachable.

Edited by starburst