The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

35 minutes ago, starburst said:

I probably got lost in translation, but 'for fun' did not mean 'as a joke'. Odin's growths as Berserker are
85 % HP/ 60 % Str/ 30 % Mag/ 70 % Skill/ 50 % Spd/ 60 % Luc/ 40 % Def/ 20 % Res

I mentioned Corrinette's talent instead of her being a Berserker to have more flexibility during her build (so that you could do, say, a +Mag Corrin and still have a Berserker Silas or Odin, etc.)

Unfortunately, Corrin's children always inherit Nohr Noble. The class itself is not that bad as a magical one, though. It has good skills but its mixed growths do not fit many units other than Corrin (Odin could probably make it work, and Camilla, but they cannot use it anyway.)

From his class-tree exclusively, I prefer Hero Silas over Bow Knight Silas; perhaps because I do not usually use Xander or Camilla, and thus a sturdier Silas is more desirable.

Ah yeaj you could just have corrin A+ a class, that works out

I use corrin as a silas bot though so its fine.

Hero silas would be cool if, again, it wasnt a footlock. You really gotta bring something to the table to justify low mov, like odins nos. Maybe id have to try it myself, being on the Reddit and discord so much means i have become obsessed with mov.

also i kinda wanna run some binomial averages on silas, odin and arthur to see how often they would reacj different tresholds. After finding out about that i think its a better system then averages IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Steeles4500 said:

Hero silas would be cool if, again, it wasnt a footlock. You really gotta bring something to the table to justify low mov, like odins nos. Maybe id have to try it myself, being on the Reddit and discord so much means i have become obsessed with mov.

Nope, Corrinette can only share her talent with her one true love, no one can A+ her (in exchange, she can A+ everyone.)

And unless I am playing an LTC or challenge campaign, I do not value high mobility as much as you do. Two (out of ten) mounted units is enough for me.

I told you that Silas is usually my ‘tank’ unit. His Defence is already high enough anyway, and I prefer Hero’s Speed and Skill over Great Knight’s extra Def and +1 Mov. Hero Silas plays the role that I need and delivers across the whole campaign. Depending on the party, I agree that more movement might be better, but I do not value it high per se. 

4 hours ago, Steeles4500 said:

I use corrin as a silas bot though so its fine.

also i kinda wanna run some binomial averages on silas, odin and arthur to see how often they would reacj different tresholds. After finding out about that i think its a better system then averages IMO.

Footlock is better than pony for the middle third of CQ. Bow pony and bird are good though.

That said Silias has no real reason to end in his base class set for anything other than bow use unless you just hate m/f seals.

All the early males will hit thresholds period. Stacking makes this 100% consistant. (IE we need 15 base speed on MN Silias to double MN's in ch17). My current PMU features Arthur and Percy both out-stating Camilia on her join.

Edited by joshcja

1 hour ago, joshcja said:

Footlock is better than pony for the middle third of CQ. Bow pony and bird are good though.

That said Silias has no real reason to end in his base class set for anything other than bow use unless you just hate m/f seals.

All the early males will hit thresholds period. Stacking makes this 100% consistant. (IE we need 15 base speed on MN Silias to double MN's in ch17). My current PMU features Arthur and Percy both out-stating Camilia on her join.

Damn, i think you should give me the base stats before boosts on those guys because i wanna see how lucky those growths are.

Also you definitely dont gotta tell me stack is broke. Im not quite sure how to solo with nos like you guys say, but i can get about halfway through the game with that.

Continued from: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/85913-conquest-tiering-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=5382461

On 24/1/2019 at 8:26 PM, Steeles4500 said:

I ran the numbers you the insane luck you would need for these units to be even remotely as strong as you guys claim earlier in the thread, the numbers.are very low.

But you also bet against Jakob's missing various Speed growths, and lost. In the same vein, we tell you that, after twenty or thirty campaigns, some units performed steadily in certain ways when a discussed build was used.

On 24/1/2019 at 8:26 PM, Steeles4500 said:

Your guys whole playstyle basically assumes fantastic growth luck on every unit. The reason corrin and jakob.are so good is because they hit the benchmarks more consistently but still have to get some.growth luck to get effict clears.

I do not remember mentioning the growths of the units which we have been discussing. Simply because they always reached the thresholds that I needed.
Jakob's bases and growths are bad. If you mean Pal/ GK Jakob's bases, you are stretching the term. And even then, some other users can compare its performance to Silas's (I cannot do a fair comparison because I just ignore Jakob.)

In the end, I think that you are being too cautious about a game that can be completed without that much planning. As Zoran told you in another message, units do not even need to reach their averages to complete the tasks that you ask them to do when you have tonics, meals, support bonuses, auras, stance options, etcetera. Check his videos, they show perfectly reproducible approaches at average stats. No luck involved.

Edited by starburst

18 minutes ago, starburst said:

Continued from: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/85913-conquest-tiering-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=5382461

But you also bet against Jakob's missing various Speed growths, and lost. In the same vein, we tell you that, after twenty or thirty campaigns, some units performed steadily in certain ways when a discussed build was used.

I do not remember mentioning the growths of the units which we have been discussing. Simply because they always reached the thresholds that I needed.
Jakob's bases and growths are bad. If you mean Pal/ GK Jakob's bases, you are stretching the term. And even then, some other users can compare its performance to Silas's (I cannot do a fair comparison because I just ignore Jakob.)

In the end, I think that you are being too cautious about a game that can be completed without that much planning. As Zoran told you in another message, units do not even need to reach their averages to complete the tasks that you ask them to do when you have tonics, meals, support bonuses, auras, stance options, etcetera. Check his videos, they show perfectly reproducible approaches at average stats. No luck involved.

Silias takes a massive dump all over Jakobs growths and bases. He's a hyperoptimized version of Xander with higher "at level" bases. Jakob just gets to double earlier if he rolls rediculously well on speed pre-branch.

Similarly Odin has a similar spread to the most common TC MU's (+def/Hp) with a MUCH higher growth rate and higher bases.

His entire argument is based on not-knowing-how-cq-works.

Edit: is it just me or did half the thread just poof?

Edited by joshcja

On 28/1/2019 at 4:16 PM, joshcja said:

Edit: is it just me or did half the thread just poof?

On 28/1/2019 at 10:08 PM, Dean said:

Uhh yeah didn’t this thread used to have 100+ pages?

I have been around for a relatively short time, but have you, guys, checked if the ‘missing’ messages were not simply re-ordered due to a new thread format? Say, some time ago the thread used to display ten messages per page and now, over twenty. 

Started up a run of Birthright with a male Corrin.

Sakura is worthless except as an aura bot. Subaki is actually performing quite well in the early game; he has the same strength as Hinoka at equal levels but with more natural defense. The Christmas ninjas are awesome and Apothecary Azama is always fun.

I forgot how much Felicia sucks. Still better than Sakura.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:45 PM, Johnnie said:

Sakura is worthless except as an aura bot. Subaki is actually performing quite well in the early game; he has the same strength as Hinoka at equal levels but with more natural defense. The Christmas ninjas are awesome and Apothecary Azama is always fun.

I had one Birthright Lunatic playthrough where Sakura was speed, skill, and defense blessed. With a Hayato husband and a horse spirit, she became an omnicidal onmyoji and rivaled Ryoma. 

If you staff grind her on Revelation, she becomes an excellent Priestess with Shining Bow--especially because there are so many resistance weak enemies and flying units. 

I find that she at least joins early enough on both routes for good flexibility. Same with Selena.

A character that I have always wanted to try using as a frontline unit but never successfully utilized is Charlotte. Even as a Hero her defense procs are lol low. It's just so much easier to pair her with Xander or Saizo.

On Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 4:45 PM, Johnnie said:

Swokekura is a pretty not-awful first heart seal use. Having more birds in BR is always nice.

42 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Baby = Burn tonics?

Pretty much. For some reason I'm drawn to Apothecary Azama in Birthright and using the Chapter 13 Heart Seal on Sakura just doesn't seem like a good idea. And she's level 9, so I'd need tonics, forges and a backpack to catch her up.

My current team is the Christmas Master Ninjas, Caeldori, Hinoka, Reina, Scarlet, Oboro, Ryoma, Silas, Felicia, Azura, Azama, Takumi and Corrin. I'd like to keep Subaki but he would need 2 stat boosters and/or constant tonics to be worth it.

Hinoka and Caeldori are going to become flying healbots and Felicia is heading for Strategist once I get her Tomebreaker. Takumi or Azama are going to be dropped, I just haven't decided which one. They're pretty even in stats aside from skill.

• 2 weeks later...

So after a big while (like more then half a year now xD), i decided to pick up my CQ Lunatic again, and i noticed i need to relearn how to play the game xD

Currently on Ch18 and here's my current Team:

CornCob Dragon Lord (Magic + Axes one) Lvl3
Felicia Meido Lvl21
Elise Strategist Lvl 5
Effie Great Knight Lvl4
Mozu Sniper Lvl5
Camilla Wyvern Lord lvl5
Severa LucinaLord Lvl22
Leo Magic Knight Lvl3
Ophelia Witch Lvl22
Xander  Lvl4
Azura Dancer Lvl22
Kaze Ninja lvl15 
Keaton Beastdude lvl18
Shura Adventurer Lvl3

I really forgot what every unit was good at, so much that on my first Try i lost Severa on my first Trun XD

Anyway, wish me luck with this re-entry into FE after a long ass break haha

Opening a file you forgot about is rough lol. Camilla could use some xp love. Keaton probably wants to promote. Kaze probably wants to promote. How hard is Selena hitting? You might want to find a way to give her more oomph, like a big forge/edrop/reclass for dmg stack.

3 hours ago, Centh said:

Opening a file you forgot about is rough lol. 

That it is. Took quite some time until i got used to everything again. Especially the damn enemy stave users xD

3 hours ago, Centh said:

Keaton probably wants to promote. Kaze probably wants to promote.

Dunno about that. I don't plan to use them much, with Kaze only being a chest opener. Their stats are really low, and i checked their promotions and it won't help me at the current state of the game, either. I could need the resources for any kid i get in the future

I also use them as bait for enemy staves xD

3 hours ago, Centh said:

How hard is Selena hitting

she's really good. I also gave her forged weapons and she has C Swords and D Lances

here are her current Stats: HP30 STR20 MAG5 SKL14 SPD26 LCK17 DEF19 RES14

She pretty much doubles everything and has ~31ATK

Edited by Shrimperor

I started my first lunatic run.

Since I have not played this game for more than two years I am not familar with skill inheriting anymore.

I planned this pairings, but if you have improvement suggestions in terms of gameplay I will take them.

Arthur × Effie

Leo × Felicia

Xander × Charlotte

Niles × Elise

Benny × Camilla

Silas × Azura

Odin × Nyx (if I will be ever able to train them)

PS: I do not even remember that I can establish all planned supports.

Trim down to 4 early pairs for planned pairings and consider A+ support's.

A lot of these units come late or pair off late so you'll be behind the power curve untill ch22 on every unit not named Percy or Xander. (Or possibly Elise/Nina but they're build dependant)

Odin is extremely good in LCQ.

Edited by joshcja

4 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Since I have not played this game for more than two years I am not familar with skill inheriting anymore.

I planned this pairings, but if you have improvement suggestions in terms of gameplay I will take them.

How many units will comprise your main party? Are there some units, classes or pairs that you want to use just for personal preference?

I have played Lunatic with ten units and no royals, and seasoned players like joshcja even do it on Pick My Units runs, but, in general, Lunatic demands more focus than Hard. You will have less chances to experiment with classes and units on the go. And you do not want under-levelled units late-game.

Lunatic is a fun ride, but you should take some minutes to think about your party composition. Say, what kind of units (roles and niches) you want for those chapters that you found more challenging in Hard. It will both help you define your party and help us to give you better suggestions.

Archer Mozu is a good physical mama, but Kana has bad growths and may prefer targeted genes over balanced ones. Every child wants Camilla’s DNA, but Ignatius is already so bulky that his stats will basically be the same if Azura were his mama (a trickier pair whose genes seriously condition frailer children.) Elise and her daughter Nina seem to be your only Magic units, and both can be offensive or utility units, what do you want them to be?