The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, starburst said:

How many units will comprise your main party? Are there some units, classes or pairs that you want to use just for personal preference?

I have played Lunatic with ten units and no royals, and seasoned players like joshcja even do it on Pick My Units runs, but, in general, Lunatic demands more focus than Hard. You will have less chances to experiment with classes and units on the go. And you do not want under-levelled units late-game.

Lunatic is a fun ride, but you should take some minutes to think about your party composition. Say, what kind of units (roles and niches) you want for those chapters that you found more challenging in Hard. It will both help you define your party and help us to give you better suggestions.

Archer Mozu is a good physical mama, but Kana has bad growths and may prefer targeted genes over balanced ones. Every child wants Camilla’s DNA, but Ignatius is already so bulky that his stats will basically be the same if Azura were his mama (a trickier pair whose genes seriously condition frailer children.) Elise and her daughter Nina seem to be your only Magic units, and both can be offensive or utility units, what do you want them to be?

Indeed I considered to focus only on a limited amount of units because lunatic is definitely not made for experience sharing.

My main team will be:

Avatar, all royals, Felicia, Arthur, Effie, Mozu, Beruka, Niles and Kaze. Charlotte is only used to get Xander. 

Nina should do big damage with the glassbow. Now I am thinking about it Niles and Felicia could work better because of tome breaker. Niles could tank all magical enemies. 

As much I despise Camilla's character and supports, if she is that great as mother, I might pair her up with my avatar.

1 hour ago, Necrofantasia said:

Nina should do big damage with the glassbow.

Glassbow? What? I can only assume you mean something else entirely because the Glass Bow is not a weapon in this game.

32 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Glassbow? What? I can only assume you mean something else entirely because the Glass Bow is not a weapon in this game.

Oh, it's translated as shining bow.

I meant this.

Anyways I completed Mozu's sidequest. She got four levels in her debut chapter which is good, even if most of them were below her average growths.

Edited by Necrofantasia

43 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

My main team will be:

Avatar, all royals, Felicia, Arthur, Effie, Mozu, Beruka, Niles and Kaze. Charlotte is only used to get Xander.

So, 13 units and one ‘backpack’? Will children be used as replacements? Or just for the loot and Experience? For it seems that you want to get a lot of them and yet you named none in your main team.

1 hour ago, Necrofantasia said:

As much I despise Camilla's character and supports, if she is that great as mother, I might pair her up with my avatar.

The thing is that you would be passing master-race DNA to an underwhelming kid. But if Kana is a personal choice, go for it. She will certainly be better as Cammy’s  daughter.

3 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Indeed I considered to focus only on a limited amount of units because lunatic is definitely not made for experience sharing.

My main team will be:

Nina should do big damage with the glassbow. Now I am thinking about it Niles and Felicia could work better because of tome breaker. Niles could tank all magical enemies. 

I'm still extremely confused by this team.

Why are there 15 parents mentioned with kids on the table?

Why are we discussing tomebreaker Niles? Pass skips the one map where that might actually matter entirely.

(Sbow Nina is like Bolt Axe Elise, but worse.)

If your question is "can this set of units win?" The answer is yes, because any set of units will work. This is not a strong team comp though.

We can help more on the unit front if you have a stated goal or focus. If this is just a semi-playlog that's fine too.

Edited by joshcja

It might not be clear from my side, but I only mentioned my pairings. Of course some or all children make it into my team once they are recruited.

BTW I have made no thoughts about reclassing yet since I never have done it in my former playthroughs on lower difficulties before with two or three exceptions. 

Anyways I am busy with "THAT" chapter, means chapter 10.

14 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Anyways I am busy with "THAT" chapter, means chapter 10.

It plays exactly the same as in Hard. There are a couple more enemies in Lunatic, but their stats and skills are basically the same. Just focus on what was useful for you in Hard and you will pass it. Remember: do not wait, charge.

14 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

It might not be clear from my side, but I only mentioned my pairings. Of course some or all children make it into my team once they are recruited.

I will mention my general party conformation. Your gameplay style will surely be different, but it might help you define the general roles and tasks.

• Two or three units playing the role of tanks. These do not have to be armoured units, but must have great HP and good Defence. You will bait heavy-hitters and hold positions wit them. Make sure that not all of them are weak to the same effective weapon. Seals, breakers and regenerative skills are welcome, along with Shelter, Aegis and Pavise. Keep in mind that too much Defence is counterproductive, for enemies do not attack if their damage is zero.

• Two powerful magic units. While the Bolt Axe, Shining Bow and Flame Shuriken are busted, they cannot trigger abilities, so make sure that at least one of these units can wield tomes. Watch their Skill, magic units who miss are useless. Train to tome-rank C as soon as possible; Lightning is overpowered.

• Two physical heavy-hitters to one-hit frailer enemies or one-round busted ones and complement Player Phase. Think of Berserkers and Snipers.

• A high-Resistance anti-magic unit, preferably wielding daggers, so that they have advantage over tomes and have an extra utility through de-buffs.

• A staff user with high Magic to heal potently and be accurate with status staves. Think of Strategist Elise. Adventurers and Maids help, but their Magic is always lower (unless they are red and their name starts with ‘Anna’.)

• Pop star Azura.

Make sure to have at least one Lance user for Beast Slayer, one Bow user to take down fliers and one Daggers user for Hunter’s Knife.
Since you will use more units, give them some utility (rallies, flight, high-movement, Pass, Shelter, de-buffs, staves, auras, seals, breakers) and assign them tasks that complement other roles.

Edited by starburst
Clarity.

I do this.

EP brawler: Bulky, 1-2 range, kills the things during EP

PP smasher: Kills the thing. You want that one thing dead? Now it is.

Utility: Rally, transport, backpack, dancer, shelter, staves, provides a kid, good genetics, chip/effective damage.

Edited by Centh

On 1/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Oh, that’s nice.

Shadow Mir would probably not care and still use Wyverns, though.

But of course I wouldn't give a damn - passing Fighter on to someone else would likely mean needing to actively use one of Arthur or Charlotte, whom are useless... oh, sorry, that's an understatement. I mean "worse than useless", because even the gum that gets stuck to my boots deserves better treatment than those pathetic losers. Doesn't help that Conquest is what it is, meaning I want to field only units I see as either being insanely useful or having future prospects...

Edited by Shadow Mir

8 hours ago, astrophys said:

As a reminder, using a unit as a backpack is a perfectly legitimate strategy - Charlotte in particular is especially good for this (say with Xander)

Point taken, but it still doesn't make them worth blowing a unit slot on, as I see it. Also, if minor contributions were all it took to make even the dregs of FE units be considered "good", then there'd be no such thing as bad FE units...

Edited by Shadow Mir

11 hours ago, astrophys said:

As a reminder, using a unit as a backpack is a perfectly legitimate strategy - Charlotte in particular is especially good for this (say with Xander)

Levant is a meme, ignore it unless funny is happening

Honestly I just frontline everyone but Azura and kill things fast up to ch13. After that I have a blender or 3 just run full speed towards ch28 while the remaining mooks go and pick up secondary goals (mostly chests).

As for average slots per chapter? If you mean saves uuuuh, 1 (with a perfect Odin saved forever right aftr ch8 for when I'm feeling insane enough to delve into optimizing him in turn count play).

For deployment? I fill the full 15 slots, though 4-5 of those are just stave/rally captures.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:13 AM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, how many slots do you have for chapters on average?

About 12 or 13. Though the final few chapters allow you to field 16 units.

14 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

About 12 or 13. Though the final few chapters allow you to field 16 units.

I guess those extra 3 units can be auxiliary  units, such as captures (Rallyman, Pass Pegs), and other units (Flora and Izana).

While comparing the turn logs of my latest Hard and Lunatic Conquest campaigns (with the exact same ten-units party), I noticed that some chapters actually took me less turns in Lunatic than in Hard.

Granted, some of these turn-count differences were 'necessary' rushes in Lunatic. For example, I blocked many reinforcements in Chapter 18. Or in Ch 24, when I got to the northern border I went directly for Hinoka to avoid reinforcements. And I had to take my chances with a +Mag Noble Cornflakes and Mjölnir against Ryoma in Ch 25 because the other party members could never kill both Saizo and Tits in time.

A curious case is Ch 27, which I normally finish by Turn 4 in Lunatic; at least two turns faster than in Hard.
For me, this is the one chapter that is actually easier in Lunatic than in Hard, for the enemies start moving south from the beginning, clearing the north hall and giving you the chance to rush towards Garon through the passages sooner.

Is there a chapter that you find easier in Lunatic than in Hard?

3 hours ago, starburst said:

A curious case is Ch 27, which I normally finish by Turn 4 in Lunatic; at least two turns faster than in Hard.
For me, this is the one chapter that is actually easier in Lunatic than in Hard, for the enemies start moving south from the beginning, clearing the north hall and giving you the chance to rush towards Garon through the passages sooner.

Are you sure about that? Because from what I have noticed there, the enemies guarding Garon move if any of your units are in the main hallway.

Ok, so I have a some ideas on what I want to do with a Loonyquest team. I only have 11/13 of the main team so far, so I’d like to know who would complete the team.

Corrin (Frontline)

Spoiler

+Mag -Luck

Nohr Noble (maybe Malig Knight?)

Dragon Talent

S-support w/Jakob

A-support w/Nyx (If I had to pick one)

Final Skillset(?):

• Dragon Fang
  • Bowbreaker (From Nyx)
  • Swordbreaker
  • Trample
  • Demoiselle (From Jakob)

Jakob (Frontline)

Spoiler

Wyvern Lord (From Corrin)

S-support w/Corrin

A+-Support w/Silas (No one of these supports give him new classes. This one is more for Silas, if anything)

Final Skillset(?)

• Gentilhomme
  • Tomebreaker
  • Elbow Room
  • Swordbreaker (From Corrin)
  • Trample (From Corrin)

Elise (Support)

Spoiler

Strategist

S-support w/Odin

A+-Support w/Azura

Final Skillset(?)

• Demoiselle
  • Rally Resistance
  • Inspiration
  • Malefic Aura (From Odin)
  • Rally Speed (From Azura)

Camilla (Frontline)

Spoiler

Wyvern Lord

S-support w/Niles

A+-Support w/Beruka

Final Skillset(?)

• Savage Blow
  • Trample
  • Swordbreaker
  • Axefaire (From Beruka)
  • Axebreaker (From Beruka)

Niles (Backline)

Spoiler

Bow Knight

S-support w/Camilla

A+-Support w/Arthur

Final Skillset(?)

• Locktouch/Rally Skill
  • Movement +1
  • Shurikenbreaker
  • Strength +2 (From Camilla)
  • Trample (From Camilla)

Leo (Backline)

Spoiler

Sorcerer (Backline does not need high movement, right?)

S-support w/Mozu

A+-support w/Xander

Final Skillset(?)

• Heartseeker
  • Malefic Aura
  • Quick Draw (From Mozu)
  • Certain Blow (From Mozu)
  • Elbow Room (From Xander)

Mozu (Originally was gonna be Effie, but decided against it) (Backline)

Spoiler

Sniper

S-support w/Leo

A+-Support w/Effie

Final Skillset(?)

• Quick Draw
  • Certain Blow
  • Bowfaire
  • Bowbreaker (From Leo)
  • Luna (From Effie)

Xander (Frontline)

Spoiler

Master Ninja

S-support w/Selena

A+-Support w/Kaze

Final Skillset(?)

• Elbow Room
  • Defender
  • Sol (From Selena)
  • Poison Strike/Golembane (From Kaze)
  • Shurikenfaire (From Kaze)

Selena (Frontline/Backline)

Spoiler

Hero (Maybe Bow Knight?)

S-support w/Xander

Final Skillset(?)

• Sol
  • Axebreaker
  • Shurikenbreaker
  • Elbow Room
  • Defender

Silas (Frontline)

Spoiler

Paladin

S-support w/Azura

A+-support w/Jakob

Final Skillset(?)

• Elbow Room
  • Shelter
  • Aegis
  • Camaraderie (From Azura)
  • Gentilhomme (From Jakob)

Azura (Support)

Spoiler

Songstress

S-support w/Silas

A+-support w/Elise

Final Skillset(?)

• Inspiring Song
  • Voice of Peace
  • Amaterasu
  • Demoiselle (From Elise)
  • Inspiration (From Elise)

These may change depending on whether or not an A+ pair can only do so with each other.

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout

45 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Ok, so I have a some ideas on what I want to do with a Loonyquest team. I only have 11/13 of the main team so far, so I’d like to know who would complete the team.

Corrin (Frontline)

Hide contents

+Mag -Luck

Nohr Noble (maybe Malig Knight?)

Dragon Talent

S-support w/Jakob

A-support w/Nyx (If I had to pick one)

Final Skillset(?):

• Dragon Fang
  • Bowbreaker (From Nyx)
  • Swordbreaker
  • Trample
  • Demoiselle (From Jakob)

Jakob (Frontline)

Hide contents

Wyvern Lord (From Corrin)

S-support w/Corrin

A+-Support w/Silas (No one of these supports give him new classes. This one is more for Silas, if anything)

Final Skillset(?)

• Gentilhomme
  • Tomebreaker
  • Elbow Room
  • Swordbreaker (From Corrin)
  • Trample (From Corrin)

Elise (Support)

Hide contents

Strategist

S-support w/Odin

A+-Support w/Azura

Final Skillset(?)

• Demoiselle
  • Rally Resistance
  • Inspiration
  • Malefic Aura (From Odin)
  • Rally Speed (From Azura)

Camilla (Frontline)

Hide contents

Wyvern Lord

S-support w/Niles

A+-Support w/Beruka

Final Skillset(?)

• Savage Blow
  • Trample
  • Swordbreaker
  • Axefaire (From Beruka)
  • Axebreaker (From Beruka)

Niles (Backline)

Hide contents

Bow Knight

S-support w/Camilla

A+-Support w/Arthur

Final Skillset(?)

• Locktouch/Rally Skill
  • Movement +1
  • Shurikenbreaker
  • Strength +2 (From Camilla)
  • Trample (From Camilla)

Leo (Backline)

Hide contents

Sorcerer (Backline does not need high movement, right?)

S-support w/Mozu

A+-support w/Xander

Final Skillset(?)

• Heartseeker
  • Malefic Aura
  • Quick Draw (From Mozu)
  • Certain Blow (From Mozu)
  • Elbow Room (From Xander)

Mozu (Originally was gonna be Effie, but decided against it) (Backline)

Hide contents

Sniper

S-support w/Leo

A+-Support w/Effie

Final Skillset(?)

• Quick Draw
  • Certain Blow
  • Bowfaire
  • Bowbreaker (From Leo)
  • Luna (From Effie)

Xander (Frontline)

Reveal hidden contents

Master Ninja

S-support w/Selena

A+-Support w/Kaze

Final Skillset(?)

• Elbow Room
  • Defender
  • Sol (From Selena)
  • Poison Strike/Golembane (From Kaze)
  • Shurikenfaire (From Kaze)

Selena (Frontline/Backline)

Reveal hidden contents

Hero (Maybe Bow Knight?)

S-support w/Xander

Final Skillset(?)

• Sol
  • Axebreaker
  • Shurikenbreaker
  • Elbow Room
  • Defender

Silas (Frontline)

Reveal hidden contents

Paladin

S-support w/Azura

A+-support w/Jakob

Final Skillset(?)

• Elbow Room
  • Shelter
  • Aegis
  • Camaraderie (From Azura)
  • Gentilhomme (From Jakob)

Azura (Support)

Reveal hidden contents

Songstress

S-support w/Silas

A+-support w/Elise

Final Skillset(?)

• Inspiring Song
  • Voice of Peace
  • Amaterasu
  • Demoiselle (From Elise)
  • Inspiration (From Elise)

These may change depending on whether or not an A+ pair can only do so with each other.

I would seriously rethink some of that if I were you... You have too much emphasis on level 15 skills. Jakob (and Felicia) could get away with this because they learn level 15 skills early, but everyone else won't be seeing those until near endgame - I would be surprised if you actually get all of the skills you're planning to get on, say, Corrin.

By the way, Corrin cannot get A+ rank with anyone (they need only get A rank to access the class of units of the same gender), and A+ ranks only affect the original unit (the other unit is free to A+ someone else).

Edited by Shadow Mir

6 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

You are overdoing the skill-sharing part, mate. There are not enough seals or enough gold to achieve what you want in a meaningful time frame. You should simplify it and focus on what you need. To help you filter your ideas, you might want to consider the price of every seal that your unit would need to learn each skill.

In Conquest Lunatic, if you promote units at L18 right after Ch 13, your units would reach L18/5 in Ch 17-19, and L18/15 by Ch 23-25. Thus, as great as the L35 skills may be, they have limited use, and either they are at the centre of your strategy in the upcoming chapters (like Axe Breaker for the unit(s) that will tank in the southern room of Ch 26, or Sword Breaker for a Cornflakes that is decidedly going to face Ryoma, or Pass for the unit(s) that will get you through the map in Endgame...) or they are not worth it.

Not to mention that some of your builds are extremely impractical, like Sniper Mozu getting Bow Breaker. She would need to endure four level-ups as a Sorcerer late in the game, using E-rank tomes with a basically non-existent Magic stat. And the accompanying skills do not complement her either: Heartseeker is useless on a 2-range unit, Malefic Aura has nothing to do with a Sniper, and Vengeance, the one skill which could be somewhat useful, clashes with Mozu's low HP.
Bow Breaker itself is of little use to a Sniper, but even if it were indeed useful, the path to get it is certainly not worth it.

Now, Luna is a nice skill on a Sniper, but even that would demand Mozu gaining three level-ups as Great Knight using E-rank weapons, most likely during Ch 17 (the easiest) or 18. And the companion skills are not complementary: Def +2 and Natural Cover, two defensive skills on a purely Player Phase unit.
It is feasible, but for the same price, I would marry Sniper Mozu to a Fighter and get HP +5, Gamble and Sol; all of which complement her in particular, and are useful to any Sniper in general.

This is what I did on my last Lunatic campaign. Remember not to focus on the units or classes that I used, but on the path and purpose of the skills.

· +Mag Cornflakes (Nob) learnt Hearseeker and Malefic Aura from Odin around L18/2-3 (as a Dark Knight) and then immediately returned to Nohr Noble. The first skill ensures that her Dragon Stone and DS Plus attacks will connect while holding a position, and the second gives her a Magic bonus on a magic-based class and build.
· Odin (Sor) learnt Speed +5 from Corrin's Pegasus talent around L13 and then immediately returned to Dark Mage, so that he in particular but also Ophelia could double more (most) enemies on Player Phase.
· Ophelia (Sor) was recruited before Ch 12 and inherited Dragon Fang and Speed +5.
· Silas (Hero) class-changed into Mercenary right after Ch 13, for the slightly higher Speed and Skill growths, Sol and Axe Breaker; and because I preferred a non-mounted unit for the main defensive tasks.
· Effie (Snp) class-changed into Cavalier (via Silas) before Ch 12 to grab Elbow Room and Shelter, and then immediately class-changed into Archer. This way, she would have +7 Attack on Player Phase (often +10 thanks to her Personal skill) from the get-go, and +12 (or +15) Attack late-game. Shelter is always welcome, specially on a smaller party.
· Sophie was recruited before Ch 12 and went Great Knight for Luna and then immediately Paladin.
· Mozu was recruited right after Ch 8 and immediately class-changed into L1 Archer.
My original intention was for Kaze to learn Replicate around Ch 23-24, but I destined my gold to something else and could not do it. Azura and Elise did not get 'alien' skills either.

Edited by starburst

An all-royals team is a really good choice for a first Lunatic Conquest clear. Your main units all start with good stats and will hold up for the whole game. Here's a general plan:

Pick +Mag/-Lck Dragon talent female Corrin, and have her marry Jakob. The idea will be to abuse Jakob's special mechanics, where he is already promoted but he levels up like an unpromoted unit. Unfortunately, the level 15 skills in Jakob's natural classes aren't hugely useful, so he really wants to marry someone who gives him great skills.

Spoiler

You can build Jakob and Corrin's support quickly by having them fight together frequently and interacting with Jakob in your castle's Private Quarters whenever possible.

1. After chapter 6: reach C support
  2. After chapter 7: reach B support, and then visit in private quarters
  3. After chapter 8: reach A support, and then visit in private quarters
  4. After paralogue 1/chapter 9: visit in private quarters one last time to unlock S support

Then Jakob can use a Partner Seal to go into Malig Knight. Try to raise his axe rank. At Malig Knight level 15, he will learn Trample. Then he can Heart Seal to Paladin for three levels (focus on using lances); he'll pick up Elbow Room, Shelter, and Defender, which are key skills. Finally, after chapter 13 he can use another Partner Seal to go into Wyvern Lord, a strong class that he can use well for the rest of the game.

Corrin can stay in the Nohr Princess; it's a perfectly reasonable class for her to support Jakob. She can also eventually follow a similar class path by building friendship with Peri for Cavalier access.

Do Kana and Dwyer's paralogues whenever you feel like your team is weak and it needs more experience. You don't need to use them in your actual team once you've recruited them, although a Dwyer who inherits Trample early and gets an early Heart Seal can become quite strong.

Elise starts in the troubadour line, and if she stays in it she's destined to be a glass cannon healer. For a first clear, I'd recommend promoting her as soon as she reaches level 10 and sticking with the Strategist class. She can fight together with someone like Odin at that point. Elise has a lot of potential as a unit, but it's simpler to go this route.

Spoiler

You might consider changing Elise into a Malig Knight at promoted level 11 and staying there through level 15 for Trample, then go back into Strategist.

I actually prefer changing Elise into a Wyvern Rider as soon as she joins so that she can start contributing to combat immediately and can abuse the Bolt Axe. However, using Wyvern Elise effectively takes a good amount of technical skill because you need to position her well and exploit Attack Stance whenever possible. You also need to find a substitute healer if you change Elise and Jakob out of their starting classes. Niles can Capture a shrine maiden in chapter 9 or chapter 11 for your staff needs.

Camilla is going to be one of your strongest units. She starts with great stats in a great class, and she has really good options in her support pool. I like to build her up to A support with Beruka quickly, then focus on marrying her off. Silas and Niles make great candidates for her spouse.

Spoiler

Raise Camilla to level 5 for Savage Blow. She should get A support with Beruka during this time. Camilla can get to level 5 around chapter 13 or 14.

Use a Heart Seal to change to Wyvern Lord. Stick with that class until level 11; try to build lance rank so Camilla can use the Beast Killer. Build support with her intended husband along the way.

Once she's at level 11, use a Friendship Seal to change to Berserker. Level all the way to 15 in Berserker to pick up Axefaire. Partner Seal over to Paladin (from Silas) for one level to pick up Elbow Room, or go into Bow Knight (from Niles) for two levels to get Movement +1. Then go back to Malig Knight for one level to grab Trample, and finally change back into Wyvern Lord.

Camilla uses up five reclass seals, but by doing so she gets a ton of fantastic skills, and she has accelerated experience growth that lets her pick these things up faster than other units.

Leo can get a fantastic skill set thanks to his support with Odin. Odin gives him the samurai class line, which gives him Vantage and the Life and Death skill. Felicia and Nyx make good wives for him. Felicia can just stay in her default Maid class to give him +Speed/+Magic pair-up bonuses he wants. Nyx can promote early into Dark Knight, and then once she starts falling behind she can just change into Adventurer and be his backpack to give tons of speed, some magic, and extra movement.

Spoiler

Level Leo to 11 in his native Dark Knight class. Build A support with Odin as soon as you can, then marry Leo off. His role for this part of the game (chapters 14-20, basically) is as your magic tank.

At level 11, Friendship Seal over to Master of Arms. Grow to level 15 in Master of Arms to get the key skills Vantage and Life and Death (+10 damage given and taken). Heart Seal to Sorcerer. If he married Nyx, he can first take a detour through Bow Knight for two levels to grab Movement +1, which is useful.

Sorcerer Leo should use Vantage, Heartseeker, Malefic Aura, Life and Death, and a filler skill.

Once he has this set put together, Leo is used differently than before. The idea is for him to cap his magic stat, get a +Magic meal, a Magic Tonic, and a +Magic pair-up unit in each battle, get below half HP, and one-shot every enemy that attacks him using a strong tome and his big magic stat. You just have to make sure he reaches the kill threshold on everyone who might attack him. With good positioning, he can clear 8-10 enemies in a turn while taking zero damage.

Leo is not the unit that's best at this particular strategy, but he gets the job done. It's helpful to get Odin married off and do Ophelia's paralogue for the loot: you want the Calamity Gate, the Horse Spirit, and the Lightning tome.

Leo will want one or two of your Spirit Dusts, and maybe a Speedwing.

Xander is a powerful physical tank. He likes having friendship with Odin and marrying a woman who offers +Speed in combination with some of +Strength, +Resistance, and +Movement. Good candidates are Charlotte and Selena. (If he marries Selena, there's no real need to bother with Laslow friendship.)

Spoiler

Get Xander to level 5 (just one level away) for Defender. Change into Wyvern Lord; he'll work better through chapter 21 in a flying class, and he already has D Lances, so he can use the Beast Killer on chapter 19 out of the box. Try to build supports with Laslow and Charlotte at the same time throughout this period. Xander should come out around level 11.

After chapter 21, use a Friendship Seal or Partner Seal to go into Hero. If he's got A+ support with Laslow and S support with Charlotte, the next six levels will give him great skills like Strong Riposte, HP +5, Sol, and Axebreaker.

You should be late in the game now. Xander can swing through Malig Knight for two levels to pick up Trample, then go back into Paladin.

Xander should receive all your Talismans and one or two Speedwings.

You should keep Niles in your team throughout the game. He doesn't need to be a main combat unit, but you want him to keep poaching kills so that he'll be able to capture key enemies like Rallyman from chapter 23 and the Pass Falcon Knights in chapter 24. Shurikenbreaker from Bow Knight will also be a big help in chapter 25.

Effie is a good bit player for the early game. Arthur, Odin, and Silas are early units who also can stay strong for the whole game and reward you with child paralogues for extra loot and experience, but making the most of them is a bit more technical than focusing on the royals. Selena, Beruka, and Kaze plug in and work well throughout the middle game.

Edited by Zoran