The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

Zoran gave you a great and detailed party build. So, I will only make comments to his suggestions.

· +Mag Noble Cornflakes with Wyvern talent is very solid. Even for those absent-minded players like me, who accidentally lose Jakob foverer in Ch 6 every single time.

· I would only bother to give Defender to your main front-liners (most likely, Xander and Corrin or a fill-in.) Other units should be unpaired and focus on Attack Stance (which makes Defender useless.)

· I can always level-up Troubadour Elise to L15-16 by Ch 11 (or during the Paralogues before Ch 12), thus I would not promote her at L10. Wait till L15 or 16, but ensure that it happens before Ch 13.
Just make her heal every single turn, even if it is 1 HP. In fact, attacking and getting hit adjacent to Elise is the fastest way to both build Supports with her and level her up. Remember to hand her more expensive staves around L13, or she will not gain Experience.

· If you use Selena, you could make her a Wyvern Lord and 'free' Camilla to be a Berserker (through Beruka.) This way, you will have another fill-in front-liner in WL Selena and a strong back-liner in Berserker Tits.

Edited by starburst

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zoran Thanks for the suggestions. Though, I would like to know who else (other than Azura) would be able to fit in with an all-royals team. Since that makes 5 frontliners (or 4 with one backliner in Camilla), and 2 supporters.

5 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Though, I would like to know who else (other than Azura) would be able to fit in with an all-royals team. Since that makes 5 frontliners (or 4 with one backliner in Camilla), and 2 supporters.

It does not matter. You are over-thinking it. As it is, your worst problem is yourself.
Lunatic does not require that much optimisation, it is more about having clear ideas, which, it seems to me, you still do not have. Just play it and try different units. If it still feels too difficult, go back to Hard and train more mechanics and approaches. You are supposed to enjoy the game, mate.

14 minutes ago, starburst said:

It does not matter. You are over-thinking it. As it is, your worst problem is yourself.
Lunatic does not require that much optimisation, it is more about having clear ideas, which, it seems to me, you still do not have. Just play it and try different units. If it still feels too difficult, go back to Hard and train more mechanics and approaches. You are supposed to enjoy the game, mate.

Ok, sorry. I’ll come back with a team to critique.

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Ok, sorry. I’ll come back with a team to critique.

There is nothing to be sorry about. It was only an advice. I honestly have more fun on Hard than on Lunatic, and the immense majority of the successful strategies on Hard are also valid on Lunatic.
I started using 10-units parties on Hard because I wanted a greater challenge but still felt that Lunatic was too punishing back then. And there is no doubt that my enjoying 10-units campaigns in Lunatic these days is directly related to the numerous campaigns previously played on Hard.

Okay, I have an idea on what I want to do with class progression.

Spoiler

Corrin: Nohr Princess->Lv 20 Cavalier->Lv 1 Paladin->Lv. 5 Malig Knight->Lv 15 Nohr Noble

-Skillset: Dragon Fang, Elbow Room, Defender, Trample, Nohrian Trust

Jakob: Butler->~Lv 10 Malig Knight->Lv 15 Paladin->Lv 18 Wyvern Lord

-Skillset: Tomebreaker, Trample, Elbow Room, Defender, Swordbreaker

Elise: Troubadour->Strategist @ Lv 15

-Skillset: Res +3, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Inspiration

*Alternatively, Troubadour->Strategist @ Lv 15->Lv 11 Malig Knight->Lv 15 Strategist

-Skillset: Res +3, Demoiselle, Savage Blow, Trample, Inspiration

Camilla: Malig Knight-> Lv 5 Wyvern Lord->Lv 11 Berserker->Lv 15 Malig Knight->Lv 16 Berserker (Do not complain, Mir)

-Skillset: Strength +2, Savage Blow, HP +5, Axefaire, Trample

Leo: Dark Knight->Lv 11 Master of Arms->Lv 15 Sorcerer

-Skillset: Heartseeker, Malefic Aura, Vantage, Life and Death, Bowbreaker

Xander: Paladin->Lv 5 Wyvern Lord->Lv 11 Hero

-Skillset: Elbow Room, Defender, HP +5, Strong Riposte, Sol/Axebreaker

Niles: Outlaw->Lv 17 Fighter->Hero @Lv 18->Lv 1-5 (Not sure when to class change) Bow Knight

-Skillset: Movement +1, HP +5, Rally Skill, Shurikenbreaker, Locktouch/Sol (if obtained)

Felicia: Maid-> Lv 15 Strategist->~Lv 22 Sorcerer->~Lv 26 Strategist

-Skillset: Demoiselle, Tomebreaker, Inspiration, Malefic Aura, Bowbreaker

Silas: Cavalier->Lv 18 Mercenary->Hero @Lv 18->Lv 5 Paladin

-Skillset: Elbow Room, Strong Riposte, Sol, Defender, Aegis

Selena: Mercenary->Hero @Lv 18->Lv 5 Paladin->Lv 6 Bow Knight

-Skillset: Strong Riposte, Sol, Elbow Room, Shurikenbreaker

Azura: Songstress

-Skillset: All Songstress skills

Elise!Ophelia: Dark Mage->Sorcerer @Lv 18->Lv 12 Master of Arms->Lv 15 Sorcerer

-Skillset: Heartseeker, Malefic Aura, Vantage (Inherited from Odin), Life and Death, Demoiselle (Inherited From Elise)

Corrin!Dwyer: Troubadour->Cavalier ASAP->Paladin @Lv 18

-Skillset: Gentilhomme, Elbow Room, Defender, Dragon Fang (Inherited from Corrin), Trample (Inherited from Jakob)

Laslow (Auxiliary unit): Mercenary->Hero @Lv 18->Lv 5 Paladin->Lv 7 Falcon Knight->Lv 8 Bow Knight

*Note: May marry Azura.

Skillset: Sol, Elbow Room, Darting Blow, Rally Skill, Shurikenbreaker

Charlotte is promoted ASAP to be Xander’s Berserker Bot, and then there’s Rallyman.

Spoilered for size.

Wait, Azure in a Roundabout, you are ignoring the availability and the assignation of the different Seals. And unless you are heavily grinding Supports, various of your class-changes cannot be done within a useful time frame. Grab a piece of paper and simulate all needed steps, and you will see that you cannot do all that in time.

A simulation example from my last campaign:

Effie marries Silas and A+ Mozu, to end as an Archer with Elbow Room and Shelter before Ch 12; and Odin marries Cornflakes and learns a skill from her talent before recruiting Ophelia, also before Ch 12.

· Support evolution between Effie and Silas: Ch 7: C, Ch 8: C+, Mozu-P: B, Inv 1: B+, Ch 9: A, Ch 10: A+, Ch 11: S.
· With Mozu: Mozu-P: C, Ch 9: C+, Ch 11: B, Sophie-P: B+, Ophelia-P: A.

· Support evolution between Odin and Cornflakes: Ch 8: C, Mozu-P: C+, Inv 1: B, Ch 9: B+, Ch 10: A, Ch 11: A+, Sophie-P: S.
(It is highly likely that Cornflakes and Odin get extra Support points sooner from My Room visits, but I described the worst-case scenario.)

· Seals available in this time frame: Ch 7: 1x Heart, 1x Partner, 1x Friend. // Ch 9: 1x Heart. // Sophie-P or Nina-P: 1x Partner.

Effie could use a Partner Seal and become a Cavalier right after Ch 11. However, Odin had called dibs on the first P-S, to pass the desired skill to Ophelia. The next P-S would be available at the end of Sophie's Paralogue, which is a rather short and easy map. So, she took this one. I then played Ophelia's Paralogue, where Effie gained the two desired levels as Cavalier and built her last Support with Mozu. Effie then used a Friend Seal and class-changed into an Archer.
Mozu used the first Heart Seal and class-changed into an Archer in her first turn of her own map. Odin used the H-S from Ch 9 to go back into Dark Mage after learning the one desired skill from Cornflakes's talent.

Assuming that your tentative builds could indeed take place:

- If Corrin is a front-liner, Draconic Hex is a priority, if not her most important skill. Simplify and go Princess » Noble L5 » Malig Knight L15 » Noble.
- In Selena's and most other cases where you suggest Elbow Room, +3 Attack is not worth the 4.000 G you want to invest. If a back-liner constantly needs +3 Attack to fulfil their tasks, either improve your use of Attack Stance or replace that unit with one that gets the job done.
- Use Lunge! Front-liners like Corrin and specially Xander can afford being separated from the party.
- If Ophelia has Vantage and Life or Death, use Vengeance instead of Demoiselle! It is ironic that you love Bow Breaker and yet skip it on Ophelia, the one unit in your party who can effectively use it.
- Conversely, Felicia has no use for Bow Breaker; she lacks the power to kill a Sniper, Kinshi or Merchant. Save those 4.000 G and just keep her as Strategist.
- Sol is for units who can sustain multiple attacks, and thus superfluous on Niles. Just grab Adventurer's skills and return to Bow Knight.

5 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Okay, I have an idea on what I want to do with class progression.

Hide contents

Corrin: Nohr Princess->Lv 20 Cavalier->Lv 1 Paladin->Lv. 5 Malig Knight->Lv 15 Nohr Noble

-Skillset: Dragon Fang, Elbow Room, Defender, Trample, Nohrian Trust

Jakob: Butler->~Lv 10 Malig Knight->Lv 15 Paladin->Lv 18 Wyvern Lord

-Skillset: Tomebreaker, Trample, Elbow Room, Defender, Swordbreaker

Elise: Troubadour->Strategist @ Lv 15

-Skillset: Res +3, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Inspiration

*Alternatively, Troubadour->Strategist @ Lv 15->Lv 11 Malig Knight->Lv 15 Strategist

-Skillset: Res +3, Demoiselle, Savage Blow, Trample, Inspiration

Camilla: Malig Knight-> Lv 5 Wyvern Lord->Lv 11 Berserker->Lv 15 Malig Knight->Lv 16 Berserker (Do not complain, Mir)

-Skillset: Strength +2, Savage Blow, HP +5, Axefaire, Trample

Leo: Dark Knight->Lv 11 Master of Arms->Lv 15 Sorcerer

-Skillset: Heartseeker, Malefic Aura, Vantage, Life and Death, Bowbreaker

Xander: Paladin->Lv 5 Wyvern Lord->Lv 11 Hero

-Skillset: Elbow Room, Defender, HP +5, Strong Riposte, Sol/Axebreaker

Niles: Outlaw->Lv 17 Fighter->Hero @Lv 18->Lv 1-5 (Not sure when to class change) Bow Knight

-Skillset: Movement +1, HP +5, Rally Skill, Shurikenbreaker, Locktouch/Sol (if obtained)

Felicia: Maid-> Lv 15 Strategist->~Lv 22 Sorcerer->~Lv 26 Strategist

-Skillset: Demoiselle, Tomebreaker, Inspiration, Malefic Aura, Bowbreaker

Silas: Cavalier->Lv 18 Mercenary->Hero @Lv 18->Lv 5 Paladin

-Skillset: Elbow Room, Strong Riposte, Sol, Defender, Aegis

Selena: Mercenary->Hero @Lv 18->Lv 5 Paladin->Lv 6 Bow Knight

-Skillset: Strong Riposte, Sol, Elbow Room, Shurikenbreaker

Azura: Songstress

-Skillset: All Songstress skills

Elise!Ophelia: Dark Mage->Sorcerer @Lv 18->Lv 12 Master of Arms->Lv 15 Sorcerer

-Skillset: Heartseeker, Malefic Aura, Vantage (Inherited from Odin), Life and Death, Demoiselle (Inherited From Elise)

Corrin!Dwyer: Troubadour->Cavalier ASAP->Paladin @Lv 18

-Skillset: Gentilhomme, Elbow Room, Defender, Dragon Fang (Inherited from Corrin), Trample (Inherited from Jakob)

Laslow (Auxiliary unit): Mercenary->Hero @Lv 18->Lv 5 Paladin->Lv 7 Falcon Knight->Lv 8 Bow Knight

*Note: May marry Azura.

Skillset: Sol, Elbow Room, Darting Blow, Rally Skill, Shurikenbreaker

Charlotte is promoted ASAP to be Xander’s Berserker Bot, and then there’s Rallyman.

Spoilered for size.

You say I shouldn't complain about what you have planned for Camilla, but I have other, more pressing issues to address - namely, the seal limit. You only get all of 5 Heart Seals for the majority of the game... which might limit what you can do until the level 3 shop.

51 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

@starburst @Shadow Mir Seems I am still going all aggro with these seals. I guess limit it to one reclassify outside of the base line per character?

No. Just use what you need, when you need it.

Some units will never see investment, some will see 4-6 seals and boosters.

@Azure in a Roundabout

The availability of seals may be helpful for your planning (although if I were you I would just start playing, and which ever class changes I wanted the most I would dedicate seals to first , and those I don't have the seals to change I wouldn't worry too much about)

Friendship seals (A+ support reclass)

Shop lv1 chapter 6+: 1 for 2000 G

Shop lv 2 chapter 13+: 2 more for 2000G

Shop lv 3 chapter 20+: inf for 2000G

Paralogue 4 (Dwyer ch6/15+): keep green units alive

Paralogue 17 (Ignatius ch13+): from enemy drop

Paralogue 21 (Soleil ch 12+): keep green units alive

Heart seal (personal reclass)

Shop lv1 chapter 6+: 1 for 2000 G

Shop lv 2 chapter 13+: 2 more for 2000G

Shop lv 3 chapter 20+: inf for 2000G

Chapter 9: 1 from enemy drop