The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

So i kinda want to try Breaker Stacking Felicia strats for Lunatic, but the investment needed for it is like

(Draco Talent Corrin, Early Heart Seals into Hero until Axebreaker -> Lover Seals into Wyvern Lord for Swordbreaker -> Heart Seal Seals into Bow Knight for Chapter 14 to get Shurikenbreaker -> Heart Seals Tomebreaker Maid -> Ends on Malig Knight with lover seals)

Yeah that seems ridiculous. The end result is also funny(Lunge, Savage Blow, Trample, Shuriken-Tome-Axe-Sword Breaker, Sol with Tomes, Riposte)

She can also A+ her sister for funtimes bowbreaker magik knight.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my Birthright Lunatic run, DLC is almost crucial. I've found myself using many features I've neglected during my lesser runs, such as optimizing supports and forging weapons. Grinding for gold and XP is no problem, but optimizing the Attack/Defense stances is crucial for survival late-game during these. Einherjar are also important, and very useful when you do end up grinding, as Einherjar are expendable units as a sacrifice for gold. You make your money back easily anyway. XP though, that's a bit more difficult, as if and when you die, that's it. Einherjar are also useful here, though you may want to pepper in a few real units here and there. I've found that pairing OG units with Einherjar of themselves can help with surviving, but not as much for attacking unless Str/Mag/Skill are their Boon. And if all else fails, DEAR GOD grind your healers' levels. Sakura was falling back in levels, but as I started to grind her more, her stats went through the roof. Evolve to a Priestess and she's basically God mode with a bow. But even with all of these tactics, always be wary of what's going on around you. If your units only use one type of weapon, keep a normal weapon with them as well as a Dual weapon, so you're not screwed by the weapon triangle.

uhhhhh what

i did lunatic birthright blind with no dlc/skirmishes/children/forges/ryoma

ch23 on is kind of annoying with enemy density but oni corrin basically solos the late-game as nothing hits very hard

i even wasted exp training hana. if you want easy mode on lunatic birthright just run silas, rinkah, mozu, apothecary azama, and ryoma

pair rinkah with +def avatar and watch as everything flails impotently on them

also abuse the hell out of swordcatcher/pike-ruin club/axe splitter and great club, they're kinda silly

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

QtK2yu0.jpg

Not that I'm any good at predicting this sort of thing, but I think that as people start figuring this game out, Jakob is going to become more Seth/Titania/Haar-like. Call it a hunch.

I'm on Ch. 13 btw.

Edited by Inference

Not like Jakob got the best passive out of the three (+dodge rate, -damage), had like Felicia the easiest path to get S Rank MU, and had super high speed gains along the cavalier promotions, who get probably the best skills in the game. (Defender, Luna, Armored Blow, Aegis are all viable skills while he gets in addition Shelter and Elbow Room)

If you put it into theorycrafting, Jakob is probably better than Felicia or any other early unit. Though once Ryoma/Xander/Camilla come around, the competition is fierce.

Jakob remains the best unit to support MU because of his support bonuses (S-ranked Jakob gives +2 str, +1 spd, +2 skl) that add up well with the fact he gets Great Knight as one of his support classes, giving to a paired up MU at S rank (which is not that hard since he can farm that hyper early on) on base +4 str, +1 spd, +2 skl, +15 avo, +7 (!) defense, +1 move.

Jakob's only weakness seems to be his FE6-like growths that can get him screwed pretty easily if you're not lucky, but who cares about that once he gets the best skills ever.

Felicia's Mercenary gives way less than Jakob's Cavalier, and imo Jakob's defensive passive is better than Felicia's. Felicia's offense is also meh until she gets reclassed to strategist or gets the Flame Shuriken due to her low strength growths.

To be honest, Felicia seems more like a support unit who could pick up Rally Skill/Inspiration/Demoiselle/Rally Resistance and Live to Serve, while Jakob is way more offensive and can go for Luna/Armored Blow/Aegis/Defender and Elbow Room/Inspiration/Gentilhomme.

Jakob is probably the best of the two unless you go for a challenge where you either desperately need a healer and therefore are going to pick Felicia, or that you're just simply forced due to your own rules to go female.

I could see some argument for Strategist Felicia vs GK Jakob, Felicia being better if you're going for a MU/Team that will heavily be screwed by Mages (I don't know, +Str -Res Knight MU?), while Jakob is really better if your MU is a frontliner. However, Strategist Felicia remains pretty nice due to her seeming to be a great staffbot and a good damage dealer.

Edited by Nintales

Jakob (Paladin) is definitely better

Really when you think about it Jakob and Felicia's leveling progression is really bullshit. I think the biggest weakness Jakob had is lack of ORKOing 1-2, but he had everything else from stats and Paladin skills being bullshit

Seirously who the fuck decided Paladin need to have Elbow Room as first skill?

Another weakness that really isn't Jakob fault is Corrin requiring first Heart Seals to reclass. Paladin Magic Corrin and Ninja Corrin set up assumes Corrin getting the first seals

Also unless theres a crazy stats disparity in LM, Felicia offense even as Physical unit actually isn't bad. She's able to ORKO machine until chapter 11 at the very least in my exp. After that it started getting shaky though

Edited by JSND

So i wondered why everyone is hyping up Velouria like the second coming of Awakening

47 HP

20+ on STR, SPD, DEF, and RES as LV 4 Seiger

Lmao

This one's mothered by Peri so it would be better with other mom i guess. But then again starting with +7

The map isn't too hard i guess? Felicia can solo the map in HM. Definitely gonna try this in LM

Also looking back Felicia with Awakening + Aether + Sol + Lodestar Corrin with SM to pass Vantage + all those breaker might be a possible recipe to solo Conquest

Edited by JSND

The spy's shuriken is really useful if you want to not cheese endgame since it outranges a lot of the aggro points on the two side maids. Also since the map is just kind of cluttered and its difficult to get multiple attacks on enemies occasionally.

I also found killing the freeze priest with one of my two rescues to be a lot more important than the chain enfeebles since that would let me kite backwards.

I couldn't tell if the four paired up units at the bottom aggro on turn 5 or when you aggro'd the paladins/malig knights, if its turn based it would be much easier to just kill them seperately even if you had to tank a Takumi deathray on a previous turn to save a barrier. That was by far the hardest part of the map for me, the reinforcements really are nothing to care about.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally beat endgame chapter without Rescue cheese after 5 or 6 tries. I think it is turn based @Tbone. I tried to turtle and they started moving towards me, and once that is triggered the infinite faceless reinforcements start as well.

I aggroed to beat it, 6 turn total and spammed freezes. Only used 2 charges the entire game up until endgame so I had a good amount, was able to lure out the Malig/paladin pair on the right out and after that it was an easy shot to takumi.

Finally got around to beating Endgame on Lunatic Revelations. I would have done it sooner, but I've been busy with work and Revelations was just so boring after actually getting to Valla.

I intend to go back and beat Conquests and maybe Birthright on Lunatic, but I'm kind of burnt out on Fates, after playing all three routes right in a row.

Nice work! Did you do it without rescue as a challenge or did you use all your charges up beforehand?

No, I had 4 rescue charges, married Niles to Azura to have Nina and Shigure with pass as well as a captured falcon knight to do rescue tricks. Beat it with that and then went back to beat it without it. 3rd PT on lunatic so wanted to beat it legit without the shenanigans.

Edited by AresFe

Another weakness that really isn't Jakob fault is Corrin requiring first Heart Seals to reclass. Paladin Magic Corrin and Ninja Corrin set up assumes Corrin getting the first seals

Forgot to address this bit, but since the topic is bumped again, I figured now would be a good time to mention that you always have access to seals online and can buy another one for Corrin if needed.

Regardless, I always give Jakob the first seal so that he can make quick work of Ch. 7 and carry the momentum from there.

No, I had 4 rescue charges, married Niles to Azura to have Nina and Shigure with pass as well as a captured falcon knight to do rescue tricks. Beat it with that and then went back to beat it without it. 3rd PT on lunatic so wanted to beat it legit without the shenanigans.

I see. That's quite impressive. I never bothered to try beating Nohr Endgame legit even on hard. It always annoyed me that you could not save before Endgame, so I always rescue cheese it. It takes a good 2 minutes to beat CQ C27 too.

Forgot to address this bit, but since the topic is bumped again, I figured now would be a good time to mention that you always have access to seals online and can buy another one for Corrin if needed.

Regardless, I always give Jakob the first seal so that he can make quick work of Ch. 7 and carry the momentum from there.

I'll definitely try Paladin Jakob on my next CQ run. I usually give the T1 Shop Heart Seal to Corrin, and give the Ch.9 Heart Seal to Camilla.

That said, how does Paladin Jakob preform with the Ch.9 Heart Seal? Is he not as effective?

I see. That's quite impressive. I never bothered to try beating Nohr Endgame legit even on hard. It always annoyed me that you could not save before Endgame, so I always rescue cheese it. It takes a good 2 minutes to beat CQ C27 too.

I'll definitely try Paladin Jakob on my next CQ run. I usually give the T1 Shop Heart Seal to Corrin, and give the Ch.9 Heart Seal to Camilla.

That said, how does Paladin Jakob preform with the Ch.9 Heart Seal? Is he not as effective?

What makes Paladin Jakob so god like from everything I have seen and heard?

What makes Paladin Jakob so god like from everything I have seen and heard?

His mobility lets you trivialize the earlygame, plus he learns Shelter. His combat ability falls off pretty quickly, so if you're not playing absolute LTC, he's slightly less appealing.

His mobility lets you trivialize the earlygame, plus he learns Shelter. His combat ability falls off pretty quickly, so if you're not playing absolute LTC, he's slightly less appealing.

Ah ok, that was the only thing I could think of is if you were playing LTC. Never needed his combat for any of the early chapters but he could of course speed things up I'm sure.

@Inference: I admit i didn't think off Online feature usage lol

That said if you didn't restrict path bonus, First Jakob, and first Felicia is by far the best user of Dread Fighter/Dark Falcon etc seals as well

Edited by JSND

Been a while since I posted on Serenes :P:

Anyway, I'm doing a (semi) no royals run of Revelation Lunatic. I say "semi" because of a few things. Corrin, Azura, Elise, and Sakura are allowed. Corrin is allowed for the sake of the final boss, Azura is allowed because Revelation is enough of a slog already, Sakura and Elise are allowed because for whatever reason they are the only base staffers until Azama in C16 and I don't feel like playing Vulnerary Emblem. It's actually sorta fun, pulling people out of their ruts. Some units are beyond hopeless though.

Anyway, here's the core squad as of C16, Corrin/allowed royals omitted.

FY9GoHo.jpg

Note Kagero has an HP tonic in this photo. Her actual HP value is 26. Paired with Weapon Master Hinata. Statboosters allocated: none. She's a beast.

RFJYAFo.jpg

Paired with Maid Felicia. Statboosters allocated: C10 Spirit Dust. Oni Chieftain in the making.

T5cFGdR.jpg

Pared with Fighter Beruka to eventually obtain Wyvern Lord. Statboosters allocated: C10 Speedwings. Lowish base speed led to a shaky start. Wanted to pair her with Benny after Wyern Lord but I killed Benny by accident oh well.

YEH6fZG.jpg

Paired with Wolfskin Keaton for eventual access to Fighter!Hero. Resources allocated: C10 Seraph Robe, C10 Energy Drop. Availability can do a lot for you.

Post Valla chapters are so boring though I don't know if I'll really make that much progress on the run but just felt like showing it off.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Beat Birthright last night. Definitely way easier than Conquest, but not really the faceroll people joke about. Granted, I didn't even use Ryoma until C23 and the scaling was lenient enough that, without grinding, I got away with training and shipping almost the entire first gen (Hayato got the forever alone treatment thanks to male Corrin and a shortage of women), training the second gen and then shipping about half of the second gen all the way to S (I used easy My Castles to finish off the last few S-ranks because it'd be cruel to tease the stream by not finishing ships that I deliberately started).

Much of the campaign's back half felt like they took Awakening's C19 reinforcement slog and made it their entire design philosophy. C21 was the worst for this because setting off one volcanic area basically snowballed into seeing all the reinforcements on the map.

The Endgame map was a little weird. I didn't get to play it out since I one-turned Garon, but the whole thing looked kinda thrown together. It was kind of like Awakening's, but with a lot of overlapping enemies that were randomly closer and then a ton of impassable rubble that I think would have slowed down the fight a lot. Despite all the complaints I had about it, I think they did a better job with Conquest Endgame. I ended up easily having enough damage to get Garon, but my hit rates were a bit sketch at first, thanks to most just improvising class paths (a couple of the kids had wacky Great Club builds that were more or less useless here). I was able to completely ruin Garon's Avoid (and durability) with a Spy Shuriken hit that Dual Striked a Caltrop, though, so while I still had a chance to get RNGed, the chances were very small. My runs also appear to have a tradition of Kana killing the final boss.

I definitely feel like details were left out of both Birthright and Conquest in a way that makes them work in tandem, but is frustrating on a given individual path because some of them seem like they'd be really important for context. Birthright made me appreciate Takumi (due to character insight that I didn't get to see until now) and Hinoka a bit more, even if the latter kind of gets forgotten by the main story (yay for supports). Funnily enough, it made me like Ryoma even less. His whole plan was apparently to YOLO straight into Nohr with a small force and the entire succession of Hoshido, with no plan other than stabbing Garon and no one called him on it. Then they attack the first force they encounter so that every knows that their little covert force is there. For all that Ryoma talks down Takumi's maturity, I'd say they're actually about equal. And Shiro, well, it's pretty telling when Ryoma treats him so poorly and then dares to call him immature when Shiro is not only hard working, but willing to address his faults. I'd say Shiro starts out ten times as mature as Ryoma will ever be.

Anyway, looking forward to Revelation, hoping its mixed nature leans a little more toward Conquest in terms of map design. I also hope Azura is gonna be a bit less mysterious and actually give me answers here.

I haven't played Revelation yet. I'll probably do it on Lunatic first run. It shouldn't be that hard if I just use all the royals lol. I'll try a +Mag Cavalier MU. Hopefully I'll be able to run around with a Levin Sword and kill things, assuming I don't get Mag screwed.