Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck chapter 20

Ended up cheesing it with ninja kamui + fliers but man

fuck that chapter

Chapter 20 is one of those chapters that you'll inevitably hate your first time through but after you get used to the mechanics it's so fun! Seriously! You can save yourself like, 3-4 turns worth of movement with proper wind positioning. Give it another go one day.

Can take sides one at a time, the turn deadline is relatively lenient.

Spam Freeze/Entrap as necessary.

Shurikenbreaker helps a lot.

Wary Fighter actually can help against debuff stack, as much as we rally against generals. >_>

Or just crit/skill Ryoma (maybe grab Silence).

Edited by XeKr

I'm starting my own routing, and I like to do this in between other things so it might take awhile, but I'd really appreciate some feedback.

Throwing my notes on a google doc for comments.

Spoilers, obviously.

EDIT: gamefaqs forums are pretty cancer for this kind of thing.

Edited by Kotovii

Is it ok to kill of Rinkahh whoever it is and Sakura on the first 5 chapter on Nohr?

Oh hey thar

Yes, characters that die before ch.6, will come back on the route you chose.

Also I have shurikenbreaker on Niles and just tested hit rates. The ninjas have 0% hit rate B)

Oh hey thar

Yes, characters that die before ch.6, will come back on the route you chose.

Also I have shurikenbreaker on Niles and just tested hit rates. The ninjas have 0% hit rate B)

Incoming PM on gamefaqs in 3 2 1

Anyway i decided to re-do ch5 i think. The EXP management does not seem to be all that efficient with Avatar killing everything

If I'm doing birthright/rev route on C5 I like to give Kaze and Rinkah more kills

if I'm gonna do conquest, feed everything to Corn and only let Kaze take them when necessary to not dying--when Kaze comes back he won't have any of those kills anyway he's like lv 11

Edited by Thor Odinson

Chapter 20 is one of those chapters that you'll inevitably hate your first time through but after you get used to the mechanics it's so fun! Seriously! You can save yourself like, 3-4 turns worth of movement with proper wind positioning. Give it another go one day.

Guess i'd like to give my 2 cents on this chapter.

1. It sucks.

2. It's creatively boring and requires thoughtless mechanics to beat.

I actually managed to 7 turn this map cheesing with sorc-phelia with odin(sorc) supp.

Had 38÷ rate on the boss but vantage vengence dual guard up crit raped him for 108 dmg. Lol. In the end, i just soft reset because I was just curious how dumb it would be if i killed him.

I am, however, replaying it for all the exp and treasures.. imo, ch10 was way more fun.

I'm starting my own routing, and I like to do this in between other things so it might take awhile, but I'd really appreciate some feedback.

Throwing my notes on a google doc for comments.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LJh85gVQ7GthGu6v8G9Uy6fv-k2CqhlpaW3O9zXYkw0/edit

EDIT: gamefaqs forums are pretty cancer for this kind of thing.

Spoiler tags or black highlight over it. Jeezus fk i got stuff spoiled on the first thing i read, lol :(

Yeah wrt chapter 20 like, I can cheese it, I skipped Dragonstone+ because I can't even sell it for money but I got rescue and money, but when i beat it I don't get that same sense of rewarding of beating chapter 10.

10 felt good when I figured it out.

Guess i'd like to give my 2 cents on this chapter.

1. It sucks.

2. It's creatively boring and requires thoughtless mechanics to beat.

I actually managed to 7 turn this map cheesing with sorc-phelia with odin(sorc) supp.

Had 38÷ rate on the boss but vantage vengence dual guard up crit raped him for 108 dmg. Lol. In the end, i just soft reset because I was just curious how dumb it would be if i killed him.

I am, however, replaying it for all the exp and treasures.. imo, ch10 was way more fun.

Ophy can get you out of 20 in like 1-3 turns. Calamity gate drops fuga on his neck.

You "can" get all chests in 4 turns with heavy sorc/bow abuse but its a pain in the ass.

@ thor: kaze carries over his prologue levels and exp +8 levels in conquest. He joins pretty buff

Edited by joshcja

If you are playing on Lunatic, then growths are fixed when you recruit a character. You are posting in this thread so I guess you are ;V

Felicia is kinda a Jeigan, but not really at the same time, since although she is a promoted unit, and has so-so bases, she can reach level 40 and gains EXP like an unpromoted unit so there.

WUTface she's a promoted unit?

And yeah, the plan was to do a no Avatar run for Lunatic, i even give the Avatar a hilariously bad name to go with it, but considering how much EXP inevitably gets on Avatar's hand i doubt i can actually do it

On the other hand seeing the skills on the Hoshido and Nohr characters is kinda hilarious. Xander skill only works vs Max HP, while Camilla and Elise needs adjacent positioning.

Meanwhile on Hoshido Takumi and Ryoma is basically made for each other, and the sisters had 2 panel AOE.

Kinda interesting that IS basically designed it so that Nohr gets to use Dual Strikes while Hoshido focuses on Pairing Up

Weapon wise Xander and Takumi had the best weapon out of them though

I actually want to write a meta on the stat bonuses on Ryoma vs Xander's sword and their role in story/personality at some point, but I need some time to collect my thoughts on that.

I do think that both swords, mechanically, really complement their battlefield roles and the way they handle being the "pillar" of their team. Xander is statistically a pure tank--with good enough defense bonus stacking he can hit 40 before you even get to chapter 20 and Siegfried and later Aegis works well for that--somewhat covers for Xan's one weakness. Ryoma is a tank too--but a really nontraditional one. Part of his tanking is out of avoid, but if avoid doesn't cut it he'll go vantage and delete everything before they can do anything, so the +4 str and later Swordfaire in his class complements that really well.

It's definitely interesting to think about.

Alright fed most fo my CH6 kills to Felicia. hope i didn't regret it

Did the growth in this game pre-recorded? My Avatar keep getting Luck Res Def no matter how much i reset

Growths are seeded on the chapter you recruit a unit, you can leave and come back to rig good starting levels which is really nice for units that are otherwise gimped by bad bases (read: odin)

Past that they're 100% fixed no matter what you do.

Edited by joshcja

Ophy can get you out of 20 in like 1-3 turns. Calamity gate drops fuga on his neck.

You "can" get all chests in 4 turns with heavy sorc/bow abuse but its a pain in the ass.

@ thor: kaze carries over his prologue levels and exp +8 levels in conquest. He joins pretty buff

oh baby I forgot I can give her calamity! Good call, haha. I just missiletain'd the fk out of everything

I actually want to write a meta on the stat bonuses on Ryoma vs Xander's sword and their role in story/personality at some point, but I need some time to collect my thoughts on that.

I do think that both swords, mechanically, really complement their battlefield roles and the way they handle being the "pillar" of their team. Xander is statistically a pure tank--with good enough defense bonus stacking he can hit 40 before you even get to chapter 20 and Siegfried and later Aegis works well for that--somewhat covers for Xan's one weakness. Ryoma is a tank too--but a really nontraditional one. Part of his tanking is out of avoid, but if avoid doesn't cut it he'll go vantage and delete everything before they can do anything, so the +4 str and later Swordfaire in his class complements that really well.

It's definitely interesting to think about.

whoa what!?!? Xander to 40 before 20?!? 1-man-army? lmao. I'd rather feed literally 'everyone' else before him. Especially on 17: land of the free exp!