The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

whoa what!?!? Xander to 40 before 20?!? 1-man-army? lmao. I'd rather feed literally 'everyone' else before him. Especially on 17: land of the free exp!

Mind, that's not his raw stat--I'm just very good at statstacking when I need to be. I needed to feed Xander harder for a personal reason--I'm setting him up to fight Ryoma in 25 with no pairup/additional debuffs on Ryoma to mirror what I did in Birthright, partially because I'm kinda annoyed both brothers don't really fight-fight each other past chapter 6 and partially because I'm Ryoumarx trash and doing my first runs like their tragic romance (I didn't name my Corn "Ryoma" for no reason :P) so I'm rushing him to Wyvern 15 before Birthright 25 and I want him out of wyvern after 22 since bow hell is 23.

But while in Wyvern, Siegfried still works, so that's +4. I think his raw defense might be around...high 20s? maybe 30 at that point? But between kitchen bonuses, tonics, Siegfried, occasional situation application of Bronze Naginata for another +1, and as far as chapter 19, which I don't want to deal with like a normal person, goes, I slapped GK Effie on him for another 4 and Camilla applied Rally Def whenever I feel like it. Trivializes the shit out of the map, although completely not low turns at all.

My exp distribution game is normally pretty good--(what even was 17 again, must've been easy enough I don't even remember it) except I didn't wanna deal with 19 and 20 so the team lost a bit there. I just pick and choose certain high level enemies for xander--lv 12 motherfuckers in Midori's paralogue? I'm flying this fucker over, nobody else needs /that/ much exp per single hit, they can take the lv 6s.

Edit: oh right, ninjas, yeah that was easy

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh baby I forgot I can give her calamity! Good call, haha. I just missiletain'd the fk out of everything

Oh you have no idea how deep the Ophelia rabbit hole goes. Forged nos +mag diviner!corin as her mom lets her just orko the game from ch 14 onwards with nos/lightning/gate including the master ninja's on ch17, her own paralouge, the final boss, falcon knights, everything. An effective magic cap of 80 before statues (41 base, trample from percy, inherent life or death, inherent tomefair,, rally magic, pairup) just cannot be stopped and with vantage/bowbreaker she fears only spy shurikens. Most honest paralouge name ever. (Odin does the same thing more or less, ophy is just the nuclear as fuck option) Edit: This is in nogrind, just to make that clear.

It helps that diviner!corin with forged fire (dodgetank for days) and an odin that walked left with nos and a c support corin equipped on paralouge 1 are almost guaranteed to hit 20/x and pass nobility+vantage by ch13. If you ever feel the need to make conquest a big number simulator rather than a strategy game give it a try.

And yeah xander can hit 40 def really easily (great knight, pick up a general), its mostly pointless as enemies will just ignore him. But you can do it.

17 is kaizo ninja world thor.

Edited by joshcja

Oh you have no idea how deep the Ophelia rabbit hole goes. Forged nos +mag diviner!corin as her mom lets her just orko the game from ch 14 onwards with nos/lightning/gate including the master ninja's on ch17, her own paralouge, the final boss, falcon knights, everything. An effective magic cap of 80 before statues (41 base, trample from percy, inherent life or death, inherent tomefair,, rally magic, pairup) just cannot be stopped and with vantage/bowbreaker she fears only spy shurikens. Most honest paralouge name ever. (Odin does the same thing more or less, ophy is just the nuclear as fuck option)

And yeah xander can hit 40 def really easily (great knight, pick up a general), its mostly pointless as enemies will just ignore him. But you can do it.

17 is kaizo ninja world thor.

Oh I do. I made F!Mu Diviner +mag -luk just for her, hahaha. I just forgot I could equip calam on her ;)

Yes, you indeed know the truth.

#Odin@Erank

Is there a way to gimp rally mag every turn? Still haven't really used that mechanic...

like switch rally switch works? or you just keep it and rally end rely on vantage

Edited by Rei-

Yeah I don't usually go that hard, but I did it for the kitsune chapter because he pretty much solos that one anyway. Usually I just have whatever Siegfried gives him + Master Ninja pairup which gives like no defense but I think Corn/Kana personally might?

Just swapped out Corn for Kana for his pairup so I can free up Corn to do things too. Jakob back on Corn pairup duty.

Speaking of ignoring units if too tank though, is that still a thing on Revelation? I know it's not on Birthright since I throw 41 defense Shiro at enemies who can't damage him and they'll suicide themselves anyway.

I just wonder if it'd be worth it to really get xander's defense to hilarious astronomical levels.

Like with a guard naginata.

for shits and giggles.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah I don't usually go that hard, but I did it for the kitsune chapter because he pretty much solos that one anyway. Usually I just have whatever Siegfried gives him + Master Ninja pairup which gives like no defense but I think Corn/Kana personally might?

Just swapped out Corn for Kana for his pairup so I can free up Corn to do things too. Jakob back on Corn pairup duty.

Oh lol... I just bot-right cornered ch19. EzCheezy :P That solo is real, though. haha

Is there a way to gimp rally mag every turn? Still haven't really used that mechanic...

like switch rally switch works? or you just keep it and rally end rely on vantage

Simple solution is to just kidnap a bot once they pop up and have it follow ophy around 24/7.

Its not like Ophy needs rally mag all the time though. It's really just there for burst/overkill/mag screwed odin pre moljinor forge/LoD

(Edit: Since we're sharing my 19 strat is just nos and feed leftovers to nerds on the top, break tree, rally mag, orko everything not an illusion with nos, feed nerds south trio of aggro foxes and illusions, orko boss and feed last fox to nerds, its just barely manageable with a 3 spirit dust ophelia)

Edited by joshcja

Simple solution is to just kidnap a bot once they pop up and have it follow ophy around 24/7.

Its not like Ophy needs rally mag all the time though. It's really just there for burst/overkill/mag screwed odin pre moljinor forge/LoD

LOLOLOL #RipOdin. Ophelia <3

How did you use Pair Up effectively in this game? Back in 13 usually i used the tried and tested "sacrifice a character as a stats bot" is it generally the same here?

It's half and half for me. For pairs like Cam/Niles and Takumi/Oboro I use both and generally it depends on the situation I need to handle, but for Effie/Arthur, Effie is the full-time lead. For the both-partner-putting-in-work situations I like to switch around the lead on the map provided it's safe to do so.

For example, Niles is better at handing magic than Cam, so if there's a few more mages than I'd like or something I make him handle it, then rush ahead and deal with physicals with Cam. Oboro is tanky and has sweet-ass seals, so she can tank EP/draw enemies/debuff them and then on PP I switch to Takumi to wreck face with his very high damage.

Also sometimes kids make good pairup bots. I did Lobster!Corn x Xander on Conquest but both work well as dedicated fronts, so after the kids are born I swapped Kana to Master Ninja (similar bonuses to Corn, also a master ninja) and shoved him on Xander while Corn goes back to use Jakob. A supports are fine. Hell, no supports are fine (gameplaywise, storywise im still salty) if you're Ryoma running Ryoma x Scarlet duo after you marry Ryoma off to whoever for his kid.

How did you use Pair Up effectively in this game? Back in 13 usually i used the tried and tested "sacrifice a character as a stats bot" is it generally the same here?

Pair up is more situational here now. Mostly, if you need some stats BADLY, like speed or strength, or that character is going to tank a lot of hits, pair up. Some characters (like Xander and Effie) benefit a lot from being paired up, since they are great thanks, and can OHKO. And if someone is tanking, they want to Dual Guard, so if you are going to have a really busy Enemy Phase, pair up is better.

However, Attack Stance (or dual strike) is much better for Player phase, since you can potentially 1.5x more damage in that player phase, as well as having more units to take action. Take into account that Attack Stance also increases your hit, and we are back in FE6 bois, so hit rates are pretty important. Units like mages and archers benefit a lot from not being paired up, since they can use Attack Stance with an unit, even if the other unit is already paired up.

That's just how I play though, you can figure out how you like it the most, but both stances have a lot of uses, even if Pair up is better most of the time.

alrighty

CH7 kinda blew my mind since they give so much new characters lol. I know i heard Effie is good, and Arthur is pretty much her dedicared Pair Up bot, but i just don't want to leave Silas alone :[

Thinking about it there might be a possible way to do weaponless Effie - Silas PU on the bottom choke point and use 2 range weapon to grind out one of the characters. Or something

Does Aura effect works when you are paired up?

So for example would i get free 3 damage by pairing Silas with Elise, or do i need to fulfill the adjacent requirement?

Edited by JSND

alrighty

CH7 kinda blew my mind since they give so much new characters lol. I know i heard Silias is good, and Arthur is pretty much God while Effie is a Pair Up bot, but i just don't want to leave Silas alone :[

Thinking about it there might be a possible way to do weaponless Effie - Silas PU on the bottom choke point and use 2 range weapon to grind out one of the characters. Or something

Does Aura effect works when you are paired up?

So for example would i get free 3 damage by pairing Silas with Elise, or do i need to fulfill the adjacent requirement?

Fixed

Aura's don't work if someone is in the back pocket unless its specifically a support aura. (Ie supportive)

Just put corin in the dragonstone (you did go +mag right...) and let corin/servant/triggered VoF silias wail on everything while Effie+arthur (whatever one you want to use long term on top) chokes the north under lilys poise. Build silias's lance rank up that sword is a lie.

As for stances, it's entirely situational.

Edited by joshcja

I use Pair Up for pretty much everyone who's not a utility unit outside of earlygame. The extra stats+Dual Guard blocks+preventing enemy Attack Stances is usually better than the extra attack/additional unit to move given the usually high enemy density.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Fixed

Aura's don't work if someone is in the back pocket unless its specifically a support aura. (Ie supportive)

Just put corin in the dragonstone (you did go +mag right...) and let corin/servant/triggered VoF silias wail on everything while Effie+arthur (whatever one you want to use long term on top) chokes the north under lilys poise. Build silias's lance rank up that sword is a lie.

Preeety sure i went +STR or DEF and -Luck

As i mentioned previously i kinda did not care about the Avatar at the start since my initial intention is to bench him

Alright can try that out

EDIT: Manage to level 8-ize everyone. Avatar ends up relatively unused

Edited by JSND

Can i do it by going Sillas -> L 15 Great Knight -> Reclass into Bow Knight -> Reclass Back? IIRC Sillas had Merc on his set

On the other hand Mozu seems impractical to raise up. Currently i plan to wait for Xander and stick her with him for Aptitude Bot, but that might be a mistake i guess?

Edited by JSND

Silias is great because VoF + he's always in the best class for whatever segment of the game you're in. Cav early, wyvern lord mid (grab it from waifu), and bow knight lategame is pretty solid.

You can dip into GK for luna I guess? It's really not worth it though as shelter/str+2/elbowroom/lunge/swordbreaker shurikenbreaker or rally already eats 5 skillslots (Postgame do whatever)

Seriously though there is a rather large chunk of conquest where Not holding a bow/Not holding a tome/Not being a bird = Not getting used.

Edited by joshcja

Just started revelations and boy am I disappointed with the maps so far. 7-9 is slow going, but I was kinda ok with it, since the nature of the route means you'll be lowmanning for a while, but chapter 10. chapter fucking 10. not only are you forced to lowman, but the pace of the chapter is slow as hell, and it isn't at all difficult. just annoying. who the hell designed this chapter.

Finished Chapter 8 4 village

The key to the chapter is surprisingly enough to use Felicia. Go north with Avatar and bait the Axemen, draw them out and kill them out. The triple mage line up is helpless against Felicia except for one that deals literally 1 damage to her. Send Arthur north

For the west, Silas + Elise would tag team baiting the freeze staff while Elise runs into the village, securing it

Its funny that the Soldier lost his job and tried to escape if you secured the village lmao

Also A support with Felicia. I dunno if i should keep going until S, but Sillas comes first!

Edited by JSND

Finished Chapter 8 4 village

The key to the chapter is surprisingly enough to use Felicia. Go north with Avatar and bait the Axemen, draw them out and kill them out. The triple mage line up is helpless against Felicia except for one that deals literally 1 damage to her. Send Arthur north

For the west, Silas + Elise would tag team baiting the freeze staff while Elise runs into the village, securing it

Its funny that the Soldier lost his job and tried to escape if you secured the village lmao

Also A support with Felicia. I dunno if i should keep going until S, but Silas comes first!

Did you remember to feed/rig Odin? :p

He's honestly the best MCU in conquest aside from his daughter.

Can i do it by going Sillas -> L 15 Great Knight -> Reclass into Bow Knight -> Reclass Back? IIRC Sillas had Merc on his set

On the other hand Mozu seems impractical to raise up. Currently i plan to wait for Xander and stick her with him for Aptitude Bot, but that might be a mistake i guess?

Possible, though Silas will have to reach Level 19 which could be doable with paralogues but isn't guaranteed.

Mozu is impractical IMO. She's probably better with the early Heart Seal, though I didn't find bows particularly useful on Lunatic(or tome users aside from Leo for that matter). There are a lot of ways to play I suppose.