Fates Advice Thread

Alex95

I just finished chapter 20 of Birthright which was no problem (literally the only ones the enemies could deal damage to were my Corrin who has 10 def with pairup and a slightly underleveled Shigure) but when I finished one of the resulting Challenges I noticed the enemies were starting to carry +4 forged weapons, and were also a higher level than I am- I think the challenge was promoted enemies of level 8 and 9, and I currently only have 4 units at around that level. Everyone else is still around promoted 3-6 and I'm challenging myself to not use the Scout option. I'm just wondering if anyone found it necessary to use forged weapons? I have a couple of +1s but those are all E-ranks anyway, and I haven't run into any trouble yet.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished chapter 20 of Birthright which was no problem (literally the only ones the enemies could deal damage to were my Corrin who has 10 def with pairup and a slightly underleveled Shigure) but when I finished one of the resulting Challenges I noticed the enemies were starting to carry +4 forged weapons, and were also a higher level than I am- I think the challenge was promoted enemies of level 8 and 9, and I currently only have 4 units at around that level. Everyone else is still around promoted 3-6 and I'm challenging myself to not use the Scout option. I'm just wondering if anyone found it necessary to use forged weapons? I have a couple of +1s but those are all E-ranks anyway, and I haven't run into any trouble yet.

I don't know if forges are necessary so much as I just found Birthright too full of resources not to forge since I had no clue what to do with all my money anyway-and thus I did run a ton of forges.

But forges for the player, except with a lot of grinding or Iron Forges on a team running Salvage Blow, don't really go above +2. Salvage Blow can get enough to make it to +3 in no grind sometimes (my Kaze has a +3 Iron Shuriken because Rinkah happened to punch a lot of ninjas and maids in the face). They're useful--sometimes they help just making OHKO thresholds--I have that screenshot on my blog where Rinkah cleanly oneshots a bow knight using a +1 throwing axe forge, with the circumstances of: 31str, +Str Swordmaster Corn Pairup, Flame Blood active, Def Seal from one of my Spear masters, Axefaire. That put her at 45 damage to 45 HP to the poor fucker, apparently. Considering Raijinto and Siegfried aside physical ranged swords don't double, this is really useful.

So if you find yourself struggling a couple of Iron +1 or Steel +1 forges might help and aren't very costly. Bronzes suck. I used Silver situationally too. If I don't do an entire enemy phase with them the temporary deduction isn't too big of a deal.

The forges I had were:

Iron+3 Shuriken: Pretty useful, I mean it is +3, lets Kaze wreck anything that uses magic forever and keeps his damage relevant on even higher defense enemies

Silver+1 Shuriken: Situational, for when I REALLY want something dead

Kodachi +2: A discount version (can't double can't crit can't proc weaker) version of Raijinto, but still useful nevertheless for softening up enemies so another one of my dudes don't have to eat a counter

AssSmackerThrowing Club +1: See Kodachi +2

Iron Bow +2: Sakura's emergency Flier Deleter

Iron Axe +2: This one I did entirely for shits and giggles bought from nohr castles forged in nohr castles since I saw that axes had higher mt than clubs. I /thought/ I'd need it to favor Rinkah but turns out I was able to get Rinkah's offense high enough I didn't even need to touch it until like, chapter 17. And that's just because I like to kill things fast and in one round. Could be replicated by a Silver Club, probably. I used it pretty sparingly even when I did start using it (mainly because it was kinda ridiculous) until very late.

How many people did you train? I didn't use challenges and I still found myself above the level curve until the end when the lv 13 enemies showed up (though child paralogues may have helped some, but even before then), though Lunatic does have more enemies.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Thanks for the advice about forges!

I had a couple of the first gen units that I wasn't planning on using endgame trained up to pass on skills to their kids (Hayato, Silas, Hana), so that may be why some of my main units (~7 or so out of the 10) are a bit behind. I'm planning on swapping out a couple of parents for their kids once I recruit them but I don't expect they'll be too far behind; I just recruited Kiragi last chapter and his Offspring seal got him to level 4, which more or less on par with everyone else. The paralogues themselves are going to be pretty decent exp anyway.

Edited by wvype

The paralogues are super lucrative. It's actually really ridiculous--there's some with enemies that are way over the paralogue average (in Midori's 20/6 paralogue there were a couple of 20/18 enemies)

and I fed them all to Ryoma since he's overlevelled as fuck anyway so might as well feed him things he can gain exp from

It got ridiculous fast, Ryoma was like, 20/17 once im done with paralogues and I'm like, fuck I overdid this didn't I

Just a note, enemy forges are a lot weaker then player ones. They only get 1 might per forge and no crit. Compared to base they get

+1: 1 Might, 2 Hit

+2: 2 Might, 5 Hit

+3: 3 Might, 7 Hit

+4: 4 Might, 10 Hit

+5: 5 Might, 12 Hit

+6: 6 Might, 15 Hit

+7: 7 Might, 17 Hit

From JP Wiki. 参考:敵専用の武器の錬成

Edited by Frozenkappa

I remember first going into Paralogue 2 somewhere around Chapter 21 and seeing the ridiculous strength of the enemies compared to my own, which had me worried. As expected, I had to reset twice on that one, and my successful run had me facing a near constant stream of reinforcements. By the time I was done, the level 5+ promoted folks I had were now somewhere around level 11. Totally wasn't expecting such an influx of experience.

This made me rage until I figured it out (granted, this was on my second time through it over 3 saves, so my rage was amplified when I thought you could only get them on ONE save despite having 9 slots).

If Lissa dies, or any of them die, you only get a pebble. You will have to just replay until they all survive. This gets harder the later into the game you do it, because the enemies scale to your level. Chrom, Lissa and Freddy... not so much... They will go up to level 20 unpromoted... but end up fighting level 5s and 6 promoted units (at least when I played). Keeping Lissa alive was nigh impossible.

And I play Normal/Casual, and it was hard to do. Mainly because you can't control Lissa and she loves to run up by her brother... right in the god damn middle of things.

Alright, thanks! Glad I know that I don't have to delete the DLC to get the rewards.

Personally I did no forging in birthright. I did some forging in Conquest and working for a bunch of +7 forged Silver in Revelation (cause I got nothing better to do ATM and it gets absurdly powerful which I love). Forges generally aren't necessary, but if you have the resources why not forge a few?

Now back to paying attention in my Pre-Calc college class.

On Conquest chapter 12, will the map end at the 16:th turn or after the 16:th turn has passed? I desperately want one of those chests but I don't want to navigate that murder medicine mess again. I'm on the 15:th turn now, so I want to know if Corrin should make a run for it.

Oh yeah, should I go for the one to the left or to the right? I believe Zero and Suzukaze are too far apart for me to choose both.

Edited by Thane

On Conquest chapter 12, will the map end at the 16:th turn or after the 16:th turn has passed? I desperately want one of those chests but I don't want to navigate that murder medicine mess again. I'm on the 15:th turn now, so I want to know if Corrin should make a run for it.

Oh yeah, should I go for the one to the left or to the right? I believe Zero and Suzukaze are too far apart for me to choose both.

You get until the end of the 16th turn. If you can win during turn 16 you're fine. Pushed the turn limit on a Conquest chapter, myself.

Sadly I don't remember what's in each chest. So I can't help you there.

Done with pre-calc so I'm here a bit as I don't have more classes for am hour 20 minutes and that teacher let's me use my phone. So I'm here to help out XD

Edited by Fallaner

You get until the end of the 16th turn. If you can win during turn 16 you're fine. Pushed the turn limit on a Conquest chapter, myself.

Sadly I don't remember what's in each chest. So I can't help you there.

Done with pre-calc so I'm here a bit as I don't have more classes for am hour 20 minutes and that teacher let's me use my phone. So I'm here to help out XD

Hey thanks. I've only played Conquest once because of...non gameplay related issues.

Thanks again for the quick reply! I'll make sure to be a little greedy, then!

Pff, I've got eight hours' worth of class tomorrow. Get on my level.

Hey thanks. I've only played Conquest once because of...non gameplay related issues.

Thanks again for the quick reply! I'll make sure to be a little greedy, then!Pff, I've got eight hours' worth of class tomorrow. Get on my level.

I've been here 4 hours going from class to class. And I'm 17. I'm not even a legal adult yet! Get on my level!

You're welcome for the quick reply. I've got nothing else to do really. ...Aside from my college environmental science prelecture test and forge grinding/support grinding in Revelation.

Edited by Fallaner

I've been here 4 hours going from class to class. And I'm 17. I'm not even a legal adult yet! Get on my level!

You're welcome for the quick reply. I've got nothing else to do really. ...Aside from my college environmental science prelecture test and forge grinding/support grinding in Revelation.

Pff, wuss. Fallaner, when are you going to start acting like the adult that you technically are?

Anyway, the left chest contained an Armor Killer and the right one 5000 gold, so that was nice. Too bad I couldn't defeat Ryouma but it's not worth it for the thing that gives +2 skill.

I'm breezing through Conquest (well, aside from Nyx and Severa dying but those were acceptable sacrifices), but I'm still dreading chapter 19 and 25 or 26. Nightmares in the form of video games I tells ya.

Pff, wuss. Fallaner, when are you going to start acting like the adult that you technically are?

Anyway, the left chest contained an Armor Killer and the right one 5000 gold, so that was nice. Too bad I couldn't defeat Ryouma but it's not worth it for the thing that gives +2 skill.

I'm breezing through Conquest (well, aside from Nyx and Severa dying but those were acceptable sacrifices), but I'm still dreading chapter 19 and 25 or 26. Nightmares in the form of video games I tells ya.

Pffff. According to the law I'm technically not yet an adult!

End Game and Chapter 27 were pains for me in Conquest. But I play Normal/Casual.

Conquest was HARD. Playing it made Birthright an absolute cakewalk it felt like though, as I played Conquest first.