An app for planning out inheritance:

armarui

Hi all! When I was playing Awakening, I spent a lot of time organizing and maintaining a spreadsheet of my team as I played. Since Fates dropped, and I missed the Special Edition (tried really, really hard to avoid all information about the game to avoid spoilers, and ended up missing the sale date as well), I decided to take some time to build something that I felt might be useful to a similar goal.

What I came up with last week was this app: https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

I posted it on reddit, and over the course of the past week have worked pretty hard to squash out bugs and inconsistencies, as well as to add as many features as possible. Some of these features include:

• Version selection––available characters will be automatically filtered by the version you're playing (Revelation is the default option; you can change your game by clicking on the logo in the top right)
  • Sorting parents by availability, so you can't match up already-paired parents
  • Inherited stat growths and stat caps
  • Computed stat growths with class options (unfortunately, only the base and inherited classes are available right now; I've opted to omit supports and DLC classes for the time being in order to keep this app as lightweight as possible)
  • Skill selection and skill inheritance (skills aren't sorted by character, since again I didn't want the user to have to keep track of support classes using the app, but they are filtered intelligently)
  • The ability to export and download your work on the app to a spreadsheet, so you don't need to keep the app open once you've planned everything out
  • Mobile support
  • Change Avatar's gender by clicking on Kana's portrait
  • Avatar boon and bane selection (click on Kana's stat headers to play around with these; stat growths and caps will update responsively)
  • Kana's talent selection (these are gendered to match Kana's gender, not the Avatar's––so where you would have picked Shrine Maiden for female Avatar, male Kana's corresponding option is Monk)
  • Hair color support!––childrens' images update to match hair color as you change parents (Shigure and third-generation Kana don't have any hair color options, and the options are excluding the Avatar's 30 different hair color options)

I'm not making any money or promotion or anything off this; my name isn't even on the app. Just wanted to share something that I worked pretty hard on with people who might be able to find use out of it! Let me know if you notice any bugs or issues. I try to be responsive to these as quickly as possible, though I am working full-time so I don't have too much time to address things. I can be reached in this thread, but preferably leave me a comment on this reddit post, where I'll get a message notification much sooner.

Edited by armarui

Thank you! Nice app and good job for fixing the errors :D

There are two things you missed;
1. Mozu kid will get Villager class tree, not Archer.
2. Kana's hair color if their variable parent is 2nd gen unit.

Edited by KamuiSama

Do you mind if this is shared on gamefaqs and reddit?

I don't mind about sharing it on GameFAQs, but I'd ask that you source it to my initial reddit post, which can be found here. I don't really care too much about propriety or ownership or anything, but would like to avoid weird cases where other people tried to claim credit (e.g. someone responding on GameFAQs posing as me), or anything like that. It's important to me that I try to maintain a general quality in usability and debugging, and redirecting people to a place where they know to find me if they detect issues is a reliable way of doing that, without putting my name in caps at the bottom of the app.

I emailed it to the webmaster of this website as well last week, but he hasn't replied.

Is there any way for a female avatar to be planned too, atm I can only access the male one, might just be a derp ;)

Click Kana's portrait.

Also this is very useful, thank you for the app!

Thank you! I needed this for when I start Revelations as I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any kids. Had to change some of my planned pairs so it all works out.

I'm really impressed with what the app can do (and a good way to practice Angular as a framework), even though I'd have liked if the extra mile were traversed in limiting the Inheritable Skill Selection so Special Classes Skills didn't go inherited in invalid ways (the Selection in the Five Skillset Slots can remain as it is because it can align with the concept of Logbook-bought skills)...

That said, if there are a few actual(ly small) complaints I want to make is that there should be an option to clear/unequip a Skill slot back to the default No-Skill/Blank-Icon state and that Picking Birthright/Conquest should be reflected in the Promotion options for Nohr Prince/ss (So picking Birthright hides Nohr Noble from said options and only shows Hoshido Noble to click there, while it goes viceversa in Conquest).

Edited by AstraSage

This is a lifesaver. I don't have to make an excel file for the marriage and skill stuff like I did for awakening!!! -dances-

Edit: forgot to say thanks. THANKS!

Edited by LoboKD001

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome, thank you for making this! I wish I had found this thread earlier- I found the link to the app a while ago, but didn't know I could change the avatar's gender back then (maybe it's more obvious on a desktop pc but as I'm usually on an ipad while playing fates I didn't discover that option, until now..)

Maybe that's something you could make a little more obvious? Though I understand wanting to keep things clean and simple..