Theoretical Stat Cap

I was under the impression that statues gave stat buffs to characters when you were fighting in My Castle.

I was doing a bit of grinding, however, and discovered otherwise. Statues permanently raise the stat cap of a character, be it in My Castle or otherwise. (The new stat caps are saved when making a team for online battles, for example.)

Being the OCD person I am, I was then convinced that I have to get every character's statue to max my units' stats.

I don't know exactly how much that is, though, and I'm here to find out.

[spoiler=EDIT: My question was answered, and the assumptions under which my math are wrong, so don't mind me. ~o3o~]

For example, take our My Unit. Let's assume I want them to be a Master Ninja. A Master Ninja's max stats, without boon/bane, is 55 HP, 27 STR, 25 MAG, 35 SKL, 35 SPD, 28 LCK, 26 DEF, 34 RES.

Now let's assume I want them to have +Speed and -Resistance.

My stat caps are now at 55 HP, 27 STR, 24 MAG, 37 SKL, 39 SPD, 28 LCK, 25 DEF, and 31 RES.

Now things get complicated. Let's say I have all the statues at level 3, and my MU has at least a level C support with every character. For optimization's sake, let's also assume I'm playing Revelations, since that allows me to obtain the most statue (although minus a few characters, since they're route dependent).

MU will get +3 SPD from their own statue, and +2 to X stat for each corresponding X statue.

First, let's look at speed. (Gotta go fast, after all.)

We have a speed stat of 35 right now. With MU's own statue, it's now 38. Now, you also get +2 for Suzukaze's, Tsubaki's, Kagerou's, Nishiki's, Zero's, Luna's, Flannel's, Gray's, Beroa's, Eponine's, and Kanna's (since MU is +SPD) statues. (Yes, I own the Japanese version. JP Aqua best Aqua.)

That's an addition 2 * 11 speed. 22 Speed.

22 + 38 = 60

So we're at 60 speed.

Let's take a look at other stats.

We get a 2 * 9 (= 18) bonus to strength, a 2 * 8 (= 16) bonus to magic, a 2 * 12 (= 24) bonus to skill, a 2 * 6 (=12) bonus to luck, a 2 * 9 (= 18) bonus to defense, and a 2 * 9 (=18) bonus to resistance.

So, starting from the begining again, we're now looking at:

055 HP, 027 STR, 025 MAG, 035 SKL, 035 SPD, 028 LCK, 026 DEF, 034 RES (Class base stats)

+/-0 HP, +/-0 STR, -01 MAG, +02 SKL, +04 SPD, +02 LCK, -01 DEF, -03 RES (Modifiers)

+/-0 HP, +18 STR, +169 MAG, +23 SKL, +25 SPD, +12 LCK, +18 DEF, +18 RES (Statue bonuses)

Total:

55 HP, 45 STR, 40 MAG, 60 SKL, 64 SPD, 42 LCK, 43 DEF, 49 RES

Suzukaze!Kanna, as a Master Ninja, would have:

055 HP, 027 STR, 025 MAG, 035 SKL, 035 SPD, 028 LCK, 026 DEF, 034 RES

+/-0 HP, -01 STR, +/-0 MAG, +05 SKL, +08 SPD, +01 LCK, -01 DEF, -01 RES [+SPD-RES!MU(F) modifiers + Suzukaze modifiers + 1]

+/-0 HP, +18 STR, +16 MAG, +23 SKL, +25 SPD, +12 LCK, +18 DEF, +18 RES

Total: 55 HP, 44 STR, 41 MAG, 63 SKL, 68 SPD, 41 LCK, 43 DEF, 51 RES

Since like Aqua, I'll do her, too:

45 28 27 31 31 35 27 28 (Songstress base stats)

00 00 00 +1 +3 00 -3 00 (Aqua stat modifiers)

00 18 17 23 24 12 18 18 (Statue bonuses)

Total:

45 46 44 54 55 47 42 46

Which brings us to Limit Breaker!Awakening-levels of stats.

Then, of course, there are item buffs, but I'll leave those out.

Am I doing this correctly, or am I missing out on something?

Abuse of these stats?

Midoriko under the above conditions.

+20 (Lucky Charm personal skill)

+15 (Quixotic skill)
+10 (Hoshido skill)

+4 (+4 Luck skill)

+3 (Pair-up stat bonus as Swordmaster)

+48 (Luck stat)

= 100% chance to activate Miracle

Slap her on Kanna with Nohr, Hoshido, Vantage, Quixotic, and Sol as skills.

Which has, like, a ~85% chance to activate

And you have 73 Speed.

Heal forever. Never die. (Aside from Brave weapons and +3 range weapons, of course.)

Thanks for the responses.

Still, potentially having a 53 SKL/54 SPD Kanna and Midoriko sounds great.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

You only get a stat cap raise of 1.

Building the statue raises the cap of that character by 1

the first uprgade extends this increase to close support characters

the third extends this to everyone.

For example if my boon is str and the cap is 30. I build a statue it becomes 31, I uprgade it it is still 31, but now close characters get a stat cap increase of 1. I upgrade it again and mine still remains 31, but now all characters's caps are increased by 1

The only way to increase that cap is to build a statue of a character with the same boon.

But the increase is always one, it never jumps to 2. Upgrading just extends the increase to others

Statues ONLY give +1 per statue, period.

Also, statues take up slots for buildings, which means you are unlikely (read: It's impossible, there's a TON of characters in Revelation...) to get them all.

So your math is both wrong and taking into account an impossible scenario of having all the statues (at least it looks like all of them)

Edited by Fallaner

You only get a stat cap raise of 1.

Building the statue raises the cap of that character by 1

the first uprgade extends this increase to close support characters

the third extends this to everyone.

For example if my boon is str and the cap is 30. I build a statue it becomes 31, I uprgade it it is still 31, but now close characters get a stat cap increase of 1. I upgrade it again and mine still remains 31, but now all characters's caps are increased by 1

The only way to increase that cap is to build a statue of a character with the same boon.

But the increase is always one, it never jumps to 2. Upgrading just extends the increase to others

I see.

That makes much more sense.

Thanks you for the response.

Statues ONLY give +1 per statue, period.

Also, statues take up slots for buildings, which means you are unlikely (read: It's impossible, there's a TON of characters in Revelation...) to get them all.

So your math is both wrong and taking into account an impossible scenario of having all the statues (at least it looks like all of them)

I mean... I stated clearly the assumptions under which my math was done...

So, yes, of course the math is wrong if the assumptions on which it's based are incorrect. That's how it works.(Although I'm fairly positive that I didn't mess anything up, calculation-wise.)

Thanks for the reply, anyway.

I see.

That makes much more sense.

Thanks you for the response.

You're welcome.

The best way though to increase stats is to build the statues, but also to use your amibos and acquire the right skills. Paladin gives you a skill which boosts all of your stats by 1 when paired up, wyvern lord fives str + 2, etc.

But while stats are important, skills are doubly so. Lifetaker paired with a strong or fast unit like a swordmaster can make you immortal. As long as you get kills on your turn you recover half health. And of course pairing up will give you big stat gains. Even putting someone next to a supported unit in attack stance will increase their ability.

So Kana's statue will be +Res.

No.

I see.

Thanks for this tidbit of information.

Now I know to use +SPD -MAG instead.

You're welcome.

The best way though to increase stats is to build the statues, but also to use your amibos and acquire the right skills. Paladin gives you a skill which boosts all of your stats by 1 when paired up, wyvern lord fives str + 2, etc.

But while stats are important, skills are doubly so. Lifetaker paired with a strong or fast unit like a swordmaster can make you immortal. As long as you get kills on your turn you recover half health. And of course pairing up will give you big stat gains. Even putting someone next to a supported unit in attack stance will increase their ability.

I mean, skills are only useful if you have the stats to back them up~! :D

Lifetaker is good PvE, but I'm more theorycrafting for PvP.

Like Ophelia as a crit monster.

Except I don't know how I'm going to get Gamble on her. -_-

Would the character statues also affect guest units (assuming that the statues are raised to level 3)? I'm looking at units such as amiibo, Einherjar, captured units, and units from previous playthroughs or from Streetpass. It's been bugging me for a while as I want to train certain units to the max possible due to Revelations not having them available for recruitment.