Alternate Story Ideas (Spoilers)

jankmaster98

Make Corrinmui have necromancy instead of being able to turn into a dragon. No one ever mentions it, anyways. Might as well give him the justification to use Phoenix Mode in-game.

I will write my AU Phoenix Mode one day!

Last Thing:

I always hated how my avatar was really trusting and kind all the time, I wish I could make more complex decisions about how I wanted to go about the plot in my game. I wish I had the option to try and be evil basically. I honestly think it would give the game more layers, and allow for more complex storylines. ( If you've ever played a Fallout game, that's the kind of complexity I'm talking about.)

This is an issue that I can't be more agreed on.

They try really hard with the feeling of the avatar being ''you'' in the game but the fact that this ''you'' have a fix personnality and goal denied completely the main goal of this avatar in the first place.

Seriouly, I'm thinking about opening a topic about avatars in FE because I think the developers did something wrong.

I love the story, but I wish Camilla was a little more proactive. Camilla is one of my favorite characters alongside Azama and Setsuna, and I wish she did more. What if she got an Axe as a special weapon to match Brynhildr and Siegfried? Hinoka could get a matching Naginata of course.

I agree with what most are saying, especially about Garon. Personally, I wish he got more back story. I found this thing on Pixiv that I believe gives more depth to Garon then the game ever did.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=55834171

Here are just a few changes I would make myself:

1. Make Corrin the full sibling of the Hoshidans or at least the half sibling:

It's so stupid how it is just explained that they are not siblings. If I did it, basically when Mikoto was giving birth to Corrin, she was very ill and was not going make it and neither was Corrin. Sumeragi gave her some of the First Blood. This gave Mikoto new strength and allowed her to give birth without dying. Snce she had extra dragon's blood within her, it semi-mutated Corrin, thus resulting in his dragon powers (Think Tangled).

2. Allow Mikoto to live:

Literally there is no reason to join Nohr at the time of the Branch of Fate. Mikoto's death should not have happened. It would have given you more of a reason to not join Hoshido and go Nohr. How can you trust this women? Are you sure she is your mother?

When Mikoto dies, you are supposed to feel bad, and taht pushes you to want to join Hoshido, if she didn't die, you could say, 'Well she could be lying so no, I wont join Hoshido and go back to the family I grew up all m life.'

Of coarse for this to work plot wise, Garon wold have to be nice, but I would assume that is an automatic.

3. Make Revelation a continuation:

IMO, Revelation would be a much better continuation of what ever path you chose. It would be cool to see the dynamic of working wit your Nhrian sibs and queen Hinoka of Hoshido and the Hoshidan army, who probably don't really trust you, fighting Anankos who threatens to destroy you all.

It woudl allow us to see the affects of the war on Corrin who would more then likely have PTSD. Also it would fill that whole of, 'So we are just gonna stop here s Anankos can just kill us all.' at the end of Conquest and Birthright.

I agree with what most are saying, especially about Garon. Personally, I wish he got more back story. I found this thing on Pixiv that I believe gives more depth to Garon then the game ever did.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=55834171

Here are just a few changes I would make myself:

1. Make Corrin the full sibling of the Hoshidans or at least the half sibling:

It's so stupid how it is just explained that they are not siblings. If I did it, basically when Mikoto was giving birth to Corrin, she was very ill and was not going make it and neither was Corrin. Sumeragi gave her some of the First Blood. This gave Mikoto new strength and allowed her to give birth without dying. Snce she had extra dragon's blood within her, it semi-mutated Corrin, thus resulting in his dragon powers (Think Tangled).

I don't think that's how childbirth works? I mean, I don't think that a baby in the process of being born would be mutated by something the mother took last-minute. It'd have to happen earlier in the pregnancy, so there'd be time for the ingested blood to reach Corrin and mutate them. I think. I'm no expert in pregnancy.

I think it would've been cool if instead of a third route, there were more neutral branches you could take in each path.

Like in Conquest, when you fight Scarlet, at the end of the map you can get the option to either follow orders and kill her or save her and desert from the Nohrian army. Or you could make the branch before the chapter where Corrin either sticks with his orders and puts down the rebellion or he turns on Nohr and tries to save as many people as possible from Hans' rampage (but ultimately fails).

I also think all the Nohr siblings should've died in Birthright; Corrin actually killing Leo and/or Camilla and not just Xander would put a larger burden on their neck. I noticed Birthright!Corrin is more brutal than Conquest!Corrin, and it would be nice if that was acknowledged in the story, such as characters questioning if Corrin really wants what's best for everyone like they claim or if they're just selfishly out for revenge against Garon and don't care what happens to everyone else. It doesn't have to be acknowledged in that particular way, but the story at least touching upon it is the least I ask for.

Edited by Dark Sage

This is just a random idea I had that I got from my history classes as of late, but

1. Maybe something about deflation happening with crops prices in Hoshido since they have so much.

2. Make Ryouma a good-natured guy who is constantly lied to about state affairs and such by other government officials who want to make him a puppet king so they can go about their agendas unopposed, like unfair taxes and just general racism against Nohr. This would explain why he's clueless about Nohr.

With this, you could build a basis for a resistance in Hoshido who's in favor of an alliance with Nohr, both to fix the deflation issue and just to avoid a war where thousands could die. You could also have characters who just oppose the nobility in general and are only in the resistance to start their own rule.

I also think all the Nohr siblings should've died in Birthright; Corrin actually killing Leo and/or Camilla and not just Xander would put a larger burden on their neck. I noticed Birthright!Corrin is more brutal than Conquest!Corrin, and it would be nice if that was acknowledged in the story, such as characters questioning if Corrin really wants what's best for everyone like they claim or if they're just selfishly out for revenge against Garon and don't care what happens to everyone else. It doesn't have to be acknowledge in that particular way, but the story at least touching upon it is the least I ask for.

I am quite happy that Corrin is more revenge-driven in Birthright to differentiate from Conquest and as you say, it would have been better if it was actually acknowledged in-story. So driven by their quest for vengeance, they are blind to the suffering they bring, whether it's massacring Nohrians or squeezing Hoshido of its resources.

I don't think that's how childbirth works? I mean, I don't think that a baby in the process of being born would be mutated by something the mother took last-minute. It'd have to happen earlier in the pregnancy, so there'd be time for the ingested blood to reach Corrin and mutate them. I think. I'm no expert in pregnancy.

Isn't that what happened in Tangled (The movie I got the idea from)? Even if not, she drinks the thing sometime and Corrin mutates anyway. XD

Isn't that what happened in Tangled (The movie I got the idea from)? Even if not, she drinks the thing sometime and Corrin mutates anyway. XD

I don't think the queen drank the flower during childbirth, but rather during pregnancy? I guess it doesn't matter too much anyway, considering both worlds are fantastical. :p

How the three routes could've played out:

[spoiler=Birthright]You want the good kingdom vs. evil kingdom thing again? Fine. But if the populace could chase Azura out, why not have pockets of Hoshido uprisings, since Corrin was accepted back into the royal family? With the death of Mikoto, it would be the perfect environment.

[spoiler=Conquest]Instead of Garon being a mustache-twirling trope, have him keep his kids alive as a way to keep Iago in check. There's a billion ways that Conquest could be changed, and I don't have time for them all.

[spoiler=Revelations]First, recruitment order:

- Azura suggests trying to win over the neutral territories, since both Hoshido and Nohr won't listen. First stop is Mokushu.

- Kaze joins up shortly after the first Valla trip, because he was trying to catch up to Sakura to warn her about Izumo.

- After noticing Saizou's distress signal, Corrin jumps in, and convinces the trio to join up. . .not by words, by actions.

- The battle in Mokushu left everyone in bad shape, but they managed to meet Sakura, who heals them all. After hearing Kaze's message, Sakura joins your party, because they'll be more likely to take back Izumo with a larger group.

- Once Izumo is freed, and Izana drops dead, Takumi joins to make sure that you don't do anything to Sakura

- I don't mind the side trip to the Wind Village, and it can stay.

- The group has to go to Cheve to meet up with Ryoma. Along the way, Silas is sent to stop you. Rather than go back to Nohr and be executed for being a traitor, he joins up. If Charlotte/Benny survive the map, they join, because Silas was the one that hired them.

- Camilla is sent next, and she's gravely injured during the battle. Under the pretext that she's a prisoner, she joins you (after Sakura patches her up). Her retainers stay to "ensure" that nothing happens to her (when in reality, they're there because Camilla joins on her own).

- Elise convinces Garon that she's both old enough to take the field and smart enough to talk Corrin into letting Camilla go. Once the battle starts, she slips away with her retainers and joins up. She also lets the group know that there's something seriously weird with Garon.

- Once in Cheve, Ryoma and Scarlet join. They suggest going to the Rainbow Sage for more information.

- In the Sage's tower, Nyx and Shura can join up like they do in the actual story. Kaden/Keaton can also join up as they do in the actual story (which is a bit before this IIRC).

- The group gets an urgent message from Hinoka, speaking of a giant wave of Faceless on their way to Hoshido. More than anything they've ever seen.

- They rush back towards Hoshido, and see that Leo's commanding them. Or was, when a group of Faceless turns on him. Apparently, Iago felt that Leo was a legitimate danger to his position, so had Garon send Leo to command the Faceless. Once in Hoshido, the Faceless would kill off Leo, and make it look like he died while taking Hoshido. The Faceless are defeated, and Leo joins, now bent on making Iago pay.

- Hinoka meets them out there, stating that the attackers suddenly stopped and crumbled. Though she doesn't believe Leo outright, she reluctantly joins once Ryoma and Sakura explain things to her.

- Xander hears of the attempt on Leo's life, and marches back to Nohr for answers. He's stopped at the Bottomless Canyon by Iago/Hans, who want to kill him. Meanwhile, your group shows up, since the sky's about to change. Iago/Hans are killed for once and for all, and with everyone recruited, the story moves on to Valla.

How to make Valla a bit better

- No stupid curses involving "we can't speak of this". Talking about invisible enemies sowing confusion into the ranks is crazy enough. Hell, scatter some Invisible Kingdom soldiers within the ranks of Hoshido/Nohr to reinforce this.

- Instead of having the dead resurrect, have Lilith play a role in the story. She invokes dragons when she first warped Corrin to My Castle. Furthermore, because of her dimension-breaking, have her be more susceptible to outside influence. That way, she can keep tabs on everyone, and we get a better Chapter 26 boss. . .and Gunter can fucking support. . .and Scarlet doesn't have to die randomly.

- A lost kingdom is bound to have some texts and whatnot lying around. Let those speak the truth about what happened.

- Lastly, Anankos himself was once revered as a benevolent dragon. However, he eventually became disillusioned when humans began fighting each other over who deserved his attention more. He decided to wipe out the opposing factions, which was most of Valla. The humans panicked and sealed him away. Once he was released, he did just as he said he would, and wiped out most of Valla. Their spirits refused to move on, and attacked the few remaining humans that survived Anankos' wrath. Horrified at the side-effects, he decided to destroy every last kingdom, in the hopes that it would bring peace to the fallen Vallites. Hence why he tries his best to destroy both Hoshido and Nohr.

[spoiler=Birthright]You want the good kingdom vs. evil kingdom thing again? Fine. But if the populace could chase Azura out, why not have pockets of Hoshido uprisings, since Corrin was accepted back into the royal family? With the death of Mikoto, it would be the perfect environment.

[spoiler=Conquest]Instead of Garon being a mustache-twirling trope, have him keep his kids alive as a way to keep Iago in check. There's a billion ways that Conquest could be changed, and I don't have time for them all.

- Azura suggests trying to win over the neutral territories, since both Hoshido and Nohr won't listen. First stop is Mokushu.

- Kaze joins up shortly after the first Valla trip, because he was trying to catch up to Sakura to warn her about Izumo.

- After noticing Saizou's distress signal, Corrin jumps in, and convinces the trio to join up. . .not by words, by actions.

- The battle in Mokushu left everyone in bad shape, but they managed to meet Sakura, who heals them all. After hearing Kaze's message, Sakura joins your party, because they'll be more likely to take back Izumo with a larger group.

- Once Izumo is freed, and Izana drops dead, Takumi joins to make sure that you don't do anything to Sakura

- The group has to go to Cheve to meet up with Ryoma. Along the way, Silas is sent to stop you. Rather than go back to Nohr and be executed for being a traitor, he joins up. If Charlotte/Benny survive the map, they join, because Silas was the one that hired them.

- Camilla is sent next, and she's gravely injured during the battle. Under the pretext that she's a prisoner, she joins you (after Sakura patches her up). Her retainers stay to "ensure" that nothing happens to her (when in reality, they're there because Camilla joins on her own).

- Elise convinces Garon that she's both old enough to take the field and smart enough to talk Corrin into letting Camilla go. Once the battle starts, she slips away with her retainers and joins up. She also lets the group know that there's something seriously weird with Garon.

- Once in Cheve, Ryoma and Scarlet join. They suggest going to the Rainbow Sage for more information.

- In the Sage's tower, Nyx and Shura can join up like they do in the actual story. Kaden/Keaton can also join up as they do in the actual story (which is a bit before this IIRC).

- The group gets an urgent message from Hinoka, speaking of a giant wave of Faceless on their way to Hoshido. More than anything they've ever seen.

- They rush back towards Hoshido, and see that Leo's commanding them. Or was, when a group of Faceless turns on him. Apparently, Iago felt that Leo was a legitimate danger to his position, so had Garon send Leo to command the Faceless. Once in Hoshido, the Faceless would kill off Leo, and make it look like he died while taking Hoshido. The Faceless are defeated, and Leo joins, now bent on making Iago pay.

- Hinoka meets them out there, stating that the attackers suddenly stopped and crumbled. Though she doesn't believe Leo outright, she reluctantly joins once Ryoma and Sakura explain things to her.

- Xander hears of the attempt on Leo's life, and marches back to Nohr for answers. He's stopped at the Bottomless Canyon by Iago/Hans, who want to kill him. Meanwhile, your group shows up, since the sky's about to change. Iago/Hans are killed for once and for all, and with everyone recruited, the story moves on to Valla.

- No stupid curses involving "we can't speak of this". Talking about invisible enemies sowing confusion into the ranks is crazy enough. Hell, scatter some Invisible Kingdom soldiers within the ranks of Hoshido/Nohr to reinforce this.

- Instead of having the dead resurrect, have Lilith play a role in the story. She invokes dragons when she first warped Corrin to My Castle. Furthermore, because of her dimension-breaking, have her be more susceptible to outside influence. That way, she can keep tabs on everyone, and we get a better Chapter 26 boss. . .and Gunter can fucking support. . .and Scarlet doesn't have to die randomly.

- A lost kingdom is bound to have some texts and whatnot lying around. Let those speak the truth about what happened.

- Lastly, Anankos himself was once revered as a benevolent dragon. However, he eventually became disillusioned when humans began fighting each other over who deserved his attention more. He decided to wipe out the opposing factions, which was most of Valla. The humans panicked and sealed him away. Once he was released, he did just as he said he would, and wiped out most of Valla. Their spirits refused to move on, and attacked the few remaining humans that survived Anankos' wrath. Horrified at the side-effects, he decided to destroy every last kingdom, in the hopes that it would bring peace to the fallen Vallites. Hence why he tries his best to destroy both Hoshido and Nohr.

I like these since they actually make sense.

*Claps for eclipse*

I think I am the only one but I actually want (spoilers about Corrin's heritage)

Corrin not being related to the Hoshidan family having ramifications. Like them losing command and authority over their armies and them having an identity crisis for being lied to twice. And not just for waifuing the nee-san and imouto

One thing you forgot to mention about Revelation is not to have Corrin and Azura actively attack Hoshidan and Nohrian soldiers, and then being surprised when they're declared traitors and hunted like dogs. That's just unjustifiably stupid.

I think I am the only one but I actually want (spoilers about Corrin's heritage)

Corrin not being related to the Hoshidan family having ramifications. Like them losing command and authority over their armies and them having an identity crisis for being lied to twice. And not just for waifuing the nee-san and imouto

That would be the greatest, honestly. And then to find out

[spoiler=revelations spoiles]they're related to the REAL enemy? All the repercussions that could happen..

Here how would be Revelations for me

- Everything is the same until chapter 8

- At chapter 8, Silas protected you from a Hoshido ninja and join your army after explaning his best friend stuff (I don't undertand why he wasn't here in Revelations since he's here if you go for Birthright).

- The chapter with the Wind Tribe and the one with Izomo can be the same.

- Paralogue 1 for Mozu.

- Kaze will join you at the beginninf of the ninja's village chapter.

- One chapter with enemies from Nohr when one of the soldiers is the other retainer (Felicia or Jacob). Killing the character will resume as a game over.

- The chapter with the frozen ocean will be the same but instead of Camilla, Beruka and Selena, only Flora will join you.

- A few chapters for clearing Hoshido and Nohr out of the way.

-While in Nohr, you discover that 3 retainers of your family ran away.

-You meet them after a short of time, Odin, Laslow and Selena and they explain everything about Anankos (Hidden Truth).

- You go to Valla.

- Guntler is not an undead.

I like (When I mean "like", I mean I'm very dissapointed) that the people who've been creating these games for years(IS) cannot make as good of a plot as people having a small discussion about it (SF).

I have no further imput on alternate plots as I fear most people will hound me down if I say something wrong, lol.

So my previous comment covered the story lore-wise. Now, onto the routes and some additional gameplay stuff that compliments them. (Like...seriously, I always thought that in Conquest, you'd be in the rebellion and everything *sighs*)

Birthright: To Uphold Our Vows

With the sudden death of Lady Mikoto so soon after the return of their lost prince(ss), while Kamui's return is generally accepted, there are still some skeptical parties. It starts with small riots and protests, but eventually grows into a civil war. Hoshido is now split into two, and now Kamui and his/her siblings have to reunite Hoshido once more....and fight the war against Nohr.

- SIDE MISSIONS (besides Scouting)

Protect: Protect your information source! These missions contain valuable information that will help you in reuniting Hoshido and gathering allies.

> If received - "Ally Information" -> New Paralogue OR Scene in which you are approached by a random Hoshido clan who offers to send you aid by lending you one of their members.

> If received - "Intel" -> *unlocks a Defend mission*

Defend [Locked]: Defend the outpost against your enemies. Gains: Rare items (e.g: Dracoshield, Speedwing.etc). 2-3 enemy waves.

Resource: You have found a place to replenish some of your resources! But be warned, monsters surround this area...

*All missions increase Reputation points*

My Castle

Council: Meet with the Hoshido council. Gain: Reputation

*The more "Reputation" you have, the more Influence you have in Hoshido. As it increases, you can choose from a selection of My Castle perks*

Conquest: Destroy to Renew

Upon finding that King Garon is responsible for the death of the innocent Lady Mikoto and the starting of the war, Kamui seeks to rebel and eventually finds out about the rebels in Cheve. Joining them, Kamui treads down a dangerous path of lies, secrets and vengeance.

Add.Features: Bribe, Blackmail, Negotiate, Resource and Intel missions*

*vital for Bribe, Blackmail and Negotiate*

Revelations: For the Sake of It All

(Minus the Invisible soldiers and "Valla is a Taboo" because it's already complicated enough. Hidden kingdom, yes.)

Refusing to choose a side, Kamui heads to Izumo look up on the neutral territories. Midway through the journey, they come upon a Vallite on the verge of death. Once treated, they find out that he is a scholar and part of a Vallite clan that served Vallite royalty before the royal family was killed. He had deserted Valla after finding out that a royal member was still alive. He was the last of his clan, as Anankos had his family killed and hunted when they opposed him and tried to garner support.

After research in Izumo, the next stop is Mokushu, where they meet up with Saizo and the others and try to convince them with their actions. After the battle and the trio still being reluctant, Kaze steps forward and tells them what happened when he and Rinkah were imprisoned. This, backed up with their actions and later being shown proof by the Vallite scholar, convinces them to join.....

--

And pretty much what eclipse has said with some changes along seeing as I added a Vallite member. If I go on, this will be way too long.

Add.Stuff: Intel and Resource Missions.

My Castle:

War Council: Have a war council meeting. Gain: Reputation*

*More reputation, more influence. More influence => Castle Perks*