What do you all name your forged weaponry?

Fallaner

I was wondering, because i've seen some names here or there for people's weaponry, what you all decide to name Forged Weapons, if you do at all?

Personally, I like to name them based on the character (or in the case of my Avatar, what I like and what my OC she's named after likes), as I like to have weapons that fit their character in some way.

My current list of names is:

Silas' Vow (Silver Sword used by Silas)

Silas' Honor (Venge Naginata used by Silas)

First one refers to his vow to be your friend, and Silas' Honor refers to his voiced quote "On my honor as a knight."

Then there's two for my Avatar (Thalia)

Caliburn (Silver Sword used when in the Great Lord class or other sword using class)

Carnwennan (Silver Dagger/Knife used when in a Shuriken/Knife using class)

Both are taken from Arthurian Legend, which I kinda like.

I then have:

Missiletainn (Forged Silver Katana used by Owain/Odin. Referring to his unique sword in Awakening)

Severa's Last (Silver Sword Referring to Severa/Selena's Awakening name and the fact that in Birthright she was a Bow Knight who primarily used bows. And I make her a hero. Ergo, it's Severa's Last Sword. Originally I meant it to be Severa's Last Memory, but that wouldn't fit and I had to find a new meaning for the name. It being her last sword has thus kinda stuck with me lately)

Inigo's Dance (Silver Sword Referring to Inigo/Laslow's Awakening name and the fact he dances.)

Hinoka's Goal (Silver Naginata Referring to it's user and her reason for starting to use a Naginata)

Adoration (Silver Axe used by Camilla and referring to her absolute adoration [at least to me] in regards to the Avatar)

Sakura's Love (Shining bow referring to it's user and the fact she seems to love everyone)

Elise's Beam (A forged Robin's Primer, because I'd hoped it'd be a Thoron, thus beam. Used by Elise and one I really have to rename because dammit it's not a beam!)

Named Xander's Second Sword "Roy"

Named one of the pole arms "Stick of Truth"

A Wakazashi to "Wacky Zacky"

Named a bunch of the weapons after the Holy Weapons in Fire Emblem 4 as well.

Edited by ZodiacSoldier

I gave Azura a forged Blessed Lance named Rhongomyniad. Wanted to give her a weapon that seemed a bit more personal.

At the moment:

Lances: Smack Stick(iron), Stabbity(iron), Smack Pike(steel), Throw Stick(javelin)

Swords: Bronze Buster(bronze), Tsun-Edge(Selena's iron)

Bows: 2-Range Poke(iron), Light Arrows(shining)

Daggers: Knife2MeetYou(iron)

Those are the named ones anyway

So far I got:

- Kaze's main shuriken: Believe It!

- My main shuriken: Corn Cob

- Oboro's nagitana: SewingMachine

- Midori's katana: Ibuprofen

- Midori's nagitana: Chamomile Tea

- Sophie's sword: Cain

- Shiro's nagitana: Armstrong

- Shiro's other nagitana: My Biceps

- Kana's katana: Jigglypuff (the enemies are put to rest by something cute)

- Kiragi's katana: Bootleg Fujin (i know it's a katana, but still)

So far I got:

- Kaze's main shuriken: Believe It!

- My main shuriken: Corn Cob

- Oboro's nagitana: SewingMachine

- Midori's katana: Ibuprofen

- Midori's nagitana: Chamomile Tea

- Sophie's sword: Cain

- Shiro's nagitana: Armstrong

- Shiro's other nagitana: My Biceps

- Kana's katana: Jigglypuff (the enemies are put to rest by something cute)

- Kiragi's katana: Bootleg Fujin (i know it's a katana, but still)

Generic Soldier: Why won't you die?!

Shiro: DRAGON-BLOOD SON!

The only reason I like Peri is because is of the great weapon pun I was able to make...

I named her Lance Peridise.... Get it, because killing people is her one joy in live (other then cooking)...

Sing it with me Peridise, Sending people to heavens door, Peridise, how could she ask for more, she will see the light escaping your eyes, Peridise.

My other names are boring (like renaming fire to flame) or jokes of similar or lesser caliber (Effie Lance is named Boom Stick).

So far it sounds like i'm the only person to try matching names with the person who uses the weapon.

Huh. I honestly didn't expect that. I expected like at least ONE other person to make matching weapon names!

Generic Soldier: Why won't you die?!

Shiro: DRAGON-BLOOD SON!

LOL

So far it sounds like i'm the only person to try matching names with the person who uses the weapon.

Huh. I honestly didn't expect that. I expected like at least ONE other person to make matching weapon names!

Well I mean I tried to. :')

SewingMachine: oboro and her fashion interest

Ibuprofen/Chamomile Tea: Midori and her medical interest

Armstrong/My Biceps: THOSE ARMS ahh

I like making puns out of the character's names for their weapons. For example, Kana's silver katana, I named it Kanatan. But, if I can't think of a pun, I'll name it what I feel like it should be named.

I did

I do a lot of Character based pun like Peridise, Song of Death & Range & Power for Sigure (I spelled that wrong), and Leo's sword is called Leo's Lion, and Midori's Bow is named Midi Bow and Killer Midi, oh and Laslow's Sword is named Camp (though I am no longer using him so someone else is using it). Other then that I have boring names...

Edited by Locke087

I usually name my swords after the Valyrian Steel swords of ASOIAF/GoT.

Brightroar

Ice

Longclaw

Nightfall

Red Rain

Blackfyre

Oathkeeper

And then I just give my tomes ridiculous names specifically for Odin like Shadowfreeze or Chaosthunder in order to get the buff to crit chance.

Some that I remember off the top of my head

AssSmacker - Throwing club +1.Those of you who's seen my Rinkah screenshots are probably familiar with this one.

DeleteButton - Great Club +1. Rinkah's 100% crit delete button does exactly what it says.

Get Rekt - Silver +1 forge for those times I really want Kaze to oneround something that isn't a mage. Or hell, a tanky mage.

DoYouEvenLift - Iron Bow +2. For Sakura, because she's the buff little sister. Fucking Swole.

DiscountRaijin - Kodachi +2. For Corn. A discount Raijinto for a discount "Ryouma".

Bunbun - Rabbit Spirit +1. For Saizo. Buns.

THWOMP - Horse Spirit +...1? 2? Also for Saizo. Tanktome.

I usually think of a theme for a character, then when I do forge weapons for him/her, I give their weapons names related to that theme. I love making references. Sometimes I spend over half an hour just staring at the naming screen.

Silas has a Nohrian Sword named "Arondight" (アロンダイト)

Nyx has a Nosferatu named "Curse of Geass" (ギアスの呪い). That mark on her head is a dead ringer lol.

Niles has an Illusory Yumi named "MUDAMUDA" (無駄無駄). I should probably gave him a ZA WARUDO too, but I'll have to think of what kind of weapon fits.

Hinoka's Guard Naginata is "Akatsuki: Oowashi" (暁・大鷲). Her Bolt Naginata is "Hyakurai" (ヒャクライ).

Kazahana's Sunrise Katana is "Midare Zakura" (乱れ桜), and one of my Kagerou's Darts is "Kasumi Suzaku" (霞朱雀). Both of those are Street Figther references.

Severa's Sunrise Katana is "Demonic Dragon Awakened" (魔竜覚醒), because she was my daughter in Awakening.

Hisame's Sunrise Katana is "Man's Soul" (男の魂), and his Killing Edge is "Man's Fury" (男の怒り).

Odin's Mjolnir is "Unrivaled Hunter's Supercharged Thunder Claw" (無双狩人高電雷爪). Took me a while.

That's all I can remember right now.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I'm just at Chapter 16 of Conquest, but let's see here...

Memoria, Iron Sword - Laslow (Originally Silas' sword, made because he was an old friend. However, as I have now benched Silas, Laslow now uses this weapon. Trivia: In my Awakening playthrough, Memoria was the name of Morgan's forged Hector's Axe, who was Inigo's wife. It was also the name of my first Avatar's Brave Sword, meant to be the same tactician from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword.)

The Punisher, Steel Axe - Camilla (I have far too much fun with this one. Having Camilla run around and one-shot things is hilarious, especially given her personality.)

Promise, Iron Sword - Selna (Just came up with a weapon name on the spot, no real significance, but it fits.)

Storm Caller X, Thunder - Odin (Because Odin. Also, to activate his personal skill.)

Wyvern Fang, Iron Sword - Kana (She's a dragon, and Dragon Fang is a skill name. So, Wyvern Fang)

Freeze, Fimbulvetr - Ophelia (Just wanted to give a simple name for her forged weapon for blue text.)

Disrobing Gust, Disrobing Gale - Ophelia (Blue text!)

Desired Named Weapons

Memoria, Silver Axe - Morgan's old Hector's Axe, meant for Laslow.

Passion, Tomahawk - Inigo's old Tomahawk, meant for Laslow. Trivia: Was originally a Killing Edge and a Brave Sword, may return as Killing Edge instead of a Tomahawk.

Bravery, Brave Sword - Inigo's old Brave Sword, meant for Laslow.

Kingmaker, Silver Sword - Inigo's old Alm's Sword, meant for Laslow.

Pointy Stick, Spear - Lucina's old Spear, meant for Amiibo Lucina. (She was never good at naming weapons...)

Forsaken Vow, Silver Sword - A forgotten Grandmaster's blade, meant for my main, endgame avatar in Revelations. Trivia: Was originally a Brave Sword. It's original Silver counterpart was named Lost Vow.

Duskfall, Levin Sword - A forgotten Grandmaster's blade, meant for my main, endgame avatar in Revelations.

Dawnbreaker, Levin Sword - A forgotten Grandmaster's blade, meant for Kana

I'm gonna miss the Swell Axes Gregor had... He was such as swell sword...

Hinata: Hisamaru - It's what he named his sword in the support with his son- Iron katana +3

Hisame: Pickle Power - Iron katana +2

Oboro: Pokey Stick- Iron Naginata +3

Laslow: Lady Killer - iron sword +2

Saizo and Kaze - Edgy - Steel shuriken +2

Takumi - Delete Button - Silver Yumi +2 (Mine had really shitty strength)

Arthur - For Justice!!!! - Iron axe +2

Azama - Critz4Dayz - Great club +1

Edited by Pretty Cool Guy

• 5 months later...

I just use the first thing that comes to mind.

Rinkah: Rinclub (+1 Iron Club)

Orochi: Orochi's Beast (+2 Monkey Spirit)

Kaze: Shinkai (+1 Iron Shuriken)

Saizo: Shoukai (+1 Steel Shiruken)

Setsuna: Holy Yumi (+1 Iron Yumi)

Hana: Hana Katana (+1 Iron Katana)

Mozu: Pokey Stick (+1 Iron Naginata)

Azura: Stabby Stick (+1 Brass Naginata)