Shadowban?

Zak Something

I recently saw there was a thing called Shadowbanning where you basically get locked out of online battles, triggered through cheating.

and I'm worried because I bought Aptitude on some of my units (Corrin and all of gen 1 in my first file (which I don't plan to use for online battles, I'm using a separate file for grinding and whatnot)

I know that enemy-only skills are obviously gonna get you banned, but I'm unsure if it extends to impossible skill combinations as well, and I'm worried about getting punished for something I didn't know was acquired through cheating.

If I use a team using a file that's different from the one that I got Aptitude on, will I be ok?

I'm just antsy and don't want the game I just got to be ruined for me over something stupid... >_>

Copying this from another thread that I was reading through today, credit to Rhyme and friends.

So, what gets flagged?

Class limitations:

-Anything illegitimate on Kamui (Corrin/MU)(No animal-spirit classes, for example. The rules for Kamui include the rule below, but the inverse is not true.)

-Any enemy or Lillith class on anyone (Astral Dragon, Invisible Dragon, Dark Lord, Faceless, Golem, probably some others)

-More than allowed (math it out) amounts of Dark Prince/ss, Darkblood, Whiteblood, NTF, and Managarm.

• I think it maths out to 2 non-Kamui Dp/DB/WB if you don't marry, 1 if you marry to a second gen or are playing as Male Kamui and marry anyone but Aqua, and 0 if you marry to a first gen as Femui. Kamui, Kanna and Kanna's sibling (if existant) count towards this cap EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT CLASSED to it at the time.

• If you marry Nishiki to Shigure, then Kinu or Shigure to Kamui, you can get a total of 4 (Nishiki, Kinu, Shigure, Kanna) NTFs. So with Nishiki/Kinu ONLY, you can use 2 other units as NTFs. Same for Managarm.

Weapons:

-x Proximity Yumi (Enemy only)

-x Close Combat Yumi (Enemy only)

-Skadi? (need more testing; enemy only)

-Gangreli (not Dark Sword variant; my apologies)

One thing I'm curious about myself is the DLC classes. I turned MU into a Witch as soon as I saw the option was available through PowerSaves and so far haven't had an issue with online battling but who knows.

Edit: TL:DR afaik You're fine with Apitude on your units.

Edited by Acarnis

So... wait, it only checks Kamui?

Does that mean you could have illegitimate stuff on other units? o.O

Furthermore, how does shadowbanning work, exactly? Will you just never find anyone else online? Do friend battles still work?

So... wait, it only checks Kamui?

Does that mean you could have illegitimate stuff on other units? o.O

Furthermore, how does shadowbanning work, exactly? Will you just never find anyone else online? Do friend battles still work?

I already battled many times with skills bought like apptitude and I din´t get banned, but if you have enemy skills, like Dragon Skins maybe you will be get banned

I already battled many times with skills bought like apptitude and I din´t get banned, but if you have enemy skills, like Dragon Skins maybe you will be get banned

Yep you get banned lol. Got banned in my Nohr file (literally right after I found out it can ban you for enemy skills!) But I don't really mind tbh

Edited by Jin

Is the ban per-file, or per game? I'm not planning on doing anything that'd get me banned, but I did nab a few Annas from other castles - shouldn't be an issue, but I feel like I'm toeing the line enough to want a better understanding of this business.

Oh. I was just wondering how to change Corrin into a villager. I got excited and bought it off someone without thinking.

:X

You can be a villager if you s rank mozu and use partner seal, I think

You can be a villager if you s rank mozu and use partner seal, I think

No, the only villager units that can exist are Mozu and her children. Mozu gives Archer through Partner Seals.

Edited by Azz

No, the only villager units that can exist are Mozu and her children. Mozu gives Archer through Partner Seals.

so the aptitude on hero is hacked.

Funny cuz I was able to get one from some ones castle before I even knew people hacked the game.

I wonder if Nintendo is going to do a patch or something

Obvious actions that get you shadowbanned sooner or later:

*Enemy-exclusive skills and classes and enemy-only weapons.

*Classes that are only unique to certain characters or genders:

-Nohrian Prince/Princess and Hoshido/Nohrian Noble are locked to Corrin and their child.

-Songstress is locked to Azura.

-Kitsune and Nine-Tails I think are locked to Kaiden and his daughter.

-These DLC classes are gender-locked to certain genders: Great Lord and Witch are female only, Lodestar, Grandmaster and Vanguard are male only.

-Placing skills on characters who can't even get them normally (even with reclassing with the proper supports) even if you were to buy them. Corrin is exceptional due to game mechanics but Corrin must first learn the skills from the classes that they have access to normally via reclassing.

*Having multiples of limited weapons/stones (Beaststone+ and Dragonstone+ as well as Beastrune and 'Dragonrune')/staves. There are some rare weapons that normally you can only get one of.

*Hacking to break the possible stat cap of your characters.

*Having classes or characters in a region (as the game is region locked so you can't do JP for NA) before the released date and time of said content. Yes, this means that NA users can't have Anna or the Witch Class (or any skills related to that class) as NA doesn't even have that DLC yet released. Them having such is 'hacking' even if they don't get shadowbanned at some point.

On the note, I do not hack because I would ruin other peoples days if I do so.

Wait, so Corrin cannot get aptitude except through hacking? Oh no... I did not know that (in two of my files I bought aptitude after winning mycastle battles not knowing this... oh no...). What should I do?

Corrin can't learn Aptitude regardless as it is locked to the Villager class only and the only playable unit in that class is Mozu, Mozu's children can inherit Aptitude via inheritance. But yes, only Mozu and her children can learn that skill, any other units with that skill are hacked. Additionally, Kitsune and Nine-Tails are locked to Kaiden and Selkie. Songstress is locked to Azura and Nohr Prince/Princess as well as Hoshido/Nohr Noble are locked to Corrin and their child. Enemy-exclusive classes are also locked to said characters. DLC classes who's Brand description states which gender can use them are also locked to said gender description (Ballistician and Witch aren't released yet in NA so any NA player with those classes hacked to get classes that aren't even released). I'm somewhat happy that Awakening's Reclass System got nerfed in Fates, it was absurdly broken in Awakening.

Corrin can't learn Aptitude regardless as it is locked to the Villager class only and the only playable unit in that class is Mozu, Mozu's children can inherit Aptitude via inheritance. But yes, only Mozu and her children can learn that skill, any other units with that skill are hacked. Additionally, Kitsune and Nine-Tails are locked to Kaiden and Selkie. Songstress is locked to Azura and Nohr Prince/Princess as well as Hoshido/Nohr Noble are locked to Corrin and their child. Enemy-exclusive classes are also locked to said characters. DLC classes who's Brand description states which gender can use them are also locked to said gender description (Ballistician and Witch aren't released yet in NA so any NA player with those classes hacked to get classes that aren't even released). I'm somewhat happy that Awakening's Reclass System got nerfed in Fates, it was absurdly broken in Awakening.

all Corrin child will inherit Nohr Prince/Princess

Kaden/Selkie child will also inherit Kitsune

Keaton/Velouria child will also inherit Wofskin

all Corrin child will inherit Nohr Prince/Princess

Kaden/Selkie child will also inherit Kitsune

Keaton/Velouria child will also inherit Wofskin

Via inheritance, yes, that statement is true. I was talking about who has access to which classes before inheritance (additional children to said parents or parent's children's children [Kanna]) takes place and which characters would normally have which classes to reclass to or already have. Before additional inheritance takes place, only Corrin and their child, Kanna have access to Nohr Prince/Princess and Hoshido/Nohr Noble. Same applies to Kaden and Selkie being the only two who normally only have Kitsune and Nine-Tails while Keaton and Velouria are the only two who normally only have Wofskin.

Is there any way I can delete the aptitude skill from my Corrins without deleting my files? I do not want to be at risk of shadowban simply because I unknowingly bought an unobtainable skill after winning mycastle battles (that and I don't want anything someone got through hacking).

Is there any way I can delete the aptitude skill from my Corrins without deleting my files? I do not want to be at risk of shadowban simply because I unknowingly bought an unobtainable skill after winning mycastle battles (that and I don't want anything someone got through hacking).

You can't 'delete' skills from characters, that was only in Path of Radiance and earlier installments.

*If you're going to want your units and try to avoid being shadowbanned just:

-Unequip Aptitude and use your skill slots for skills that Corrin can actually learn normally from reclassing and promoting

-If you're concerned about having characters that aren't released then don't place any of those characters on your streetpass team or any team you use in the game yet (since the game knows that said characters like Anna aren't released in Fates yet in NA).

-If you plan to put any units on Streetpass teams and any of them have skills that they can't learn at all without hacking, just remove those skills and replace them with skills that they can normally learn while reclassing, promoting, etc.

-Regarding classes that aren't even released, don't place any units who are in said unreleased classes on your streetpass teams as players will know that you hacked to do that. Additionally, don't place units who are in classes that their gender doesn't permit on your streetpass team as it's obvious that you hacked to do that as well.

-Don't use more than what you can obtain regarding weapons, stones, items and rods/staves. If you can only get a set amount of them in-game or a certain enhancement level, don't go any farther to get more of said items or better enhancements on weapons.

This is as much as I can give using advice, so I'm sorry for not being able to do much to help.

Thanks for the advice; that helps actually. No apology necessary.

Sorry that I wasn't clear when I used the word "delete". I really meant to ask if unequipping aptitude would be enough and you answered that.

I was a bit blunt when I said that I didn't 'hack' before. I never hacked a FE game (and I most likely will do my best to avoid doing so) since I wanted to see how playing properly would turn out in a Turn-Based Strategy theme series. I have hacked once to twice before in Pokemon before I quit playing and resumed two years later without hacking for the rest of my time playing.

What does that have to do with what you quoted?

I earlier quoted that I never hacked at all when I walk talking about how people could get shadowbanned then when I remembered some of my past actions, I felt as if I had lied in front of everyone and I felt horrible. So I decided to come clean about it.

Obvious actions that get you shadowbanned sooner or later:

*Enemy-exclusive skills and classes and enemy-only weapons.

*Classes that are only unique to certain characters or genders:

-Nohrian Prince/Princess and Hoshido/Nohrian Noble are locked to Corrin and their child.

-Songstress is locked to Azura.

-Kitsune and Nine-Tails I think are locked to Kaiden and his daughter.

-These DLC classes are gender-locked to certain genders: Great Lord and Witch are female only, Lodestar, Grandmaster and Vanguard are male only.

-Placing skills on characters who can't even get them normally (even with reclassing with the proper supports) even if you were to buy them. Corrin is exceptional due to game mechanics but Corrin must first learn the skills from the classes that they have access to normally via reclassing.

*Having multiples of limited weapons/stones (Beaststone+ and Dragonstone+ as well as Beastrune and 'Dragonrune')/staves. There are some rare weapons that normally you can only get one of.

*Hacking to break the possible stat cap of your characters.

*Having classes or characters in a region (as the game is region locked so you can't do JP for NA) before the released date and time of said content. Yes, this means that NA users can't have Anna or the Witch Class (or any skills related to that class) as NA doesn't even have that DLC yet released. Them having such is 'hacking' even if they don't get shadowbanned at some point.

On the note, I do not hack because I would ruin other peoples days if I do so.

I have Maid!guys (hacked) and a witch!Orochi (used JP DLC) and I am not banned. DLC classes and non-special genderlocked classes should be fine, as well as classes before official release.

Also, having an illegal skill in the skill list but not equipped does not lead to a ban (I hacked in all skills in my endgame Rev file). IIRC, having one equipped is a softban ad removing it from the equipped list unbans you, but don't quote me on that.

Also, skills like aptitude or any other non-enemy-exclusive should not do anything AFAIK.

EDIT: Specifically for the gender locked DLC classes, I have a Lodestar!WeedoriMidori and I am not banned.

Edited by Blyvern

I have Maid!guys (hacked) and a witch!Orochi (used JP DLC) and I am not banned. DLC classes and non-special genderlocked classes should be fine, as well as classes before official release.

Also, having an illegal skill in the skill list but not equipped does not lead to a ban (I hacked in all skills in my endgame Rev file). IIRC, having one equipped is a softban ad removing it from the equipped list unbans you, but don't quote me on that.

Also, skills like aptitude or any other non-enemy-exclusive should not do anything AFAIK.

EDIT: Specifically for the gender locked DLC classes, I have a Lodestar!WeedoriMidori and I am not banned.

If you are using a JP version of the game then I can't really give any descriptive argument or opinion as I use the NA version of Fates as you would already have the Japanese DLC which is already out (not the second batch). From what I've heard so far: Shadowbanned = Online Banning when you try to battle other Streetpass Teams, not when they battle your Streetpass Team in which you can't even battle them or enter their My Castle since you or the other person have units that have skills or are in a class that can't be accessible (enemy only skills) or aren't compatible yet (unreleased classes). Shadowbanned doesn't apply when you do random challenges (not streetpass) I would assume and if that's why you aren't shadowbanned, then ok. I won't complain about male Maids and Female Butlers or whatever (topic on that is old for me).

*"DLC classes and non-special genderlocked classes should be fine, as well as classes before official release."

Well the point with that is regarding NA versions (which I'm relating to), any DLC class that is released is fine but you're still 'hacking' to get characters into a class that their gender doesn't permit even if you don't get shadowbanned. Obtaining classes that aren't released yet in NA could get you shadowbanned (these classes are Ballistician [i think it's for both genders I could be wrong so feel free to correct me] and Witch [Female only] only as of now) as you have actually broken into the game's coding via hacking. Enemy-only skills could result in shadowbanning if not players will despise you for hacking to do so since you're 'cheating'. Aptitude is only available to Mozu and her children without hacking, though that skill alone isn't a real offense. I don't get why you had to hack though unless you were trying to get every single character in Revelations (even those who are playable but are killed off for story purposes).

All great examples of how mycastle/skillbuying makes inheritance and unit building pointless and bad compared to awakening.

Partially true...for me at least. Awakening was very bad via inheritance and reclassing power since that was critically overpowered and made the game's difficulty get cut in half even on Lunatic and Lunatic+. Other than that, Awakening was easily quite a bit easier and less challenging than Fates.