Nintendo Direct Discussion

Oh cool, I was just thinking when a new patch of DLC would be coming out. Now I wonder when NA and Europe will be getting it.

The DLC with the kiddos looks neat, although I wonder how they are going to deal with...

The siblings Kana and Shigure can have (or with each other) and if they will conversations with them. Since if what I read was right then Shiro, Seigbert, and I think the other kiddos team up to kill Shigure (and maybe Kana). I really hope there are conversations with them!

Oh dear, I can't wait for proximity shot Takumi (and other bow users, unless there can only be one). Oh and I guess, the Scarlet and Ryoma conversation.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*hopes go down in flames*

Please, please let them have included more people other than the royals...please, they already had their fanservice pics...

Oh boy! I can't wait to see how they show of Camilla's T&A this time!

So I remebered that nordopolica said something about the DLC possibly being route exclusive,which could solve the dead dads dilemena.

So if birthright, then we won't have Siegbert, Soleil, Velouria or Ignatius, and possibly Midori

If Conquest, no Kiragi, Shiro, Asugi, Hisame, or Selkie

But considering what has been shown so far, and the fact that you can avoid killing some of these characters's fathers, it's either an alternate universe, or there's going to be some inconsistencies.

Hey man, given that recent Azura pic, I'm pretty sure Intelligent Systems isn't running out of ideas for poses anytime soon.

Calling it right now, sexy barmaid. With somehow even more cleavage than her normal armor. They might as well make her topless at that point.

So I remebered that nordopolica said something about the DLC possibly being route exclusive,which could solve the dead dads dilemena.

So if birthright, then we won't have Siegbert, Soleil, Velouria or Ignatius, and possibly Midori

But considering what has been shown so far, and the fact that you can avoid killing some of these characters's fathers, it's either an alternate universe, or there's going to be some inconsistencies.

I don't think they're going to be route exclusive, just an alternate universe, perhaps one where the kids never left the Babyrealms given that's where the DLC seems to be taking place? Although the maps COULD very well change based on what version you're playing, which would be awesome!

Calling it right now, sexy barmaid. With somehow even more cleavage than her normal armor. They might as well make her topless at that point.

Who knows, the good ol' blue curtain might return with a vengeance some time in the future.

The steelbook and poster are cool but 2 months????

Cool Marth costume in MH.

EDIT: Seems like then new JP DLC is route exclusive! Also, something to do with Kana.

EDIT2: Wait, Anya one releases later. Might not be exclusive.

I don't think they're going to be route exclusive, just an alternate universe, perhaps one where the kids never left the Babyrealms given that's where the DLC seems to be taking place? Although the maps COULD very well change based on what version you're playing, which would be awesome!

The top post was where I got the idea of them possibly being route exclusive, but if they were, well I already outline the possible inconsistencies, so alternate universe is the most likely, so I agree with you on that. Wish they were though, I might actually respect IS if they acknowledge the fact the real villain escaped punishment in Birthright and Conquest.

Though maybe it'll be both, with it being an AU where the war lasted longer, enough for all the kids to be born, but the dads still die. No inconsistencies and the kids being motivated by revenge.

Why no midori in brightright? She's daughter of Kaze, Kaze joins no matter which path you choose so i think (if dlc will be splitted on hoshido and nohr ver.) She like Shigure Sophie or so should be aviable cause they're going with avatar no matter what path you choose. For now i'll just wait what they prepared for us, we'll see soon enough.

Why no midori in brightright? She's daughter of Kaze, Kaze joins no matter which path you choose so i think (if dlc will be splitted on hoshido and nohr ver.) She like Shigure Sophie or so should be aviable cause they're going with avatar no matter what path you choose. For now i'll just wait what they prepared for us, we'll see soon enough.

Kaze dies in birthright if you don't get an A-rank with him, hence why I said possibly no Midori.

though, I realize we are never told if the characters who don't join us if we pick a specific route have a family on that, so it's possible it won't be an AU, and the kids are still there but who knows.

Edited by RedRob

Welp, Proximity Shot scroll reward similar to the ones on the Radiant Dawn DLC map is confirmed for one of the Memories of Foam maps. Looks like enemy only skills are coming out. PvP is completely f**ked now. XD

(Conditions seem to be to get through the map without any units dying. At least for one of the maps.)

Website text for Memories of Foam (roughly translated)

(First 3 maps - 16/03/2016, second 3 maps - 23/03/2016)

'This is an alternate world that I remember'

The Deeprealms were attacked, and the children lost their family and homes. Their escapes led to new alliances being forged, and battles of destiny.

Man, I can't wait for the Natsu Matsuri and Halloween Festival DLCs. They take place in Outrealm versions of Hoshido and Nohr. They both include conversations between 1st and 2nd gen units.

(Examples of conversations given on site: Nohrian Festival- Ryouma/Scarlet, Aqua/Camilla, Elise/Izana. Strangely no examples are given for Hoshidan Festival scramble.)

Hoshidan Festival Scramble gets you the Great Lord Seal, and Nohrian Festival Scramble gets you the Lodestar Seal.

EDIT: I really want that Roy amiibo. >.>

Edited by s07195

Kaze dies in birthright if you don't get an A-rank with him, hence why I said possibly no Midori.

I think possibly for story dlc will start with all possible kids you can have but as i said we'll see soon enough what will happend, how this will look etc however one thing in good, we're playing as actual children not just random "parets" lol

I'm probably kidding myself but I'd like sibling conversations a lot. I doubt we'll get parent conversations like in Future Past given we likely won't be playing as the parents, so it shouldn't be too hard to add an extra set of dialogue for every character to speak to Kana as if they were siblings, right? It won't happen.

Welp, Proximity Shot scroll reward similar to the ones on the Radiant Dawn DLC map is confirmed for one of the Memories of Foam maps. Looks like enemy only skills are coming out. PvP is completely f**ked now. XD

(Conditions seem to be to get through the map without any units dying. At least for one of the maps.)

Website text for Memories of Foam (roughly translated)

(First 3 maps - 16/03/2016, second 3 maps - 23/03/2016)

'This is an alternate world that I remember'

The Deeprealms were attacked, and the children lost their family and homes. Their escapes led to new alliances being forged, and battles of destiny.

Man, I can't wait for the Natsu Matsuri and Halloween Festival DLCs. They take place in Outrealm versions of Hoshido and Nohr. They both include conversations between 1st and 2nd gen units.

(Examples of conversations given on site: Nohrian Festival- Ryouma/Scarlet, Aqua/Camilla, Elise/Izana. Strangely no examples are given for Hoshidan Festival scramble.)

Hoshidan Festival Scramble gets you the Great Lord Seal, and Nohrian Festival Scramble gets you the Lodestar Seal.

Well Witch broke pvp enough, or rather some of her skills so i think proximity shot isn't that big of a deal.

If I start seeing all archer teams in PVP dominating the meta, I won't be surprised at this point.

Well Witch broke pvp enough, or rather some of her skills so i think proximity shot isn't that big of a deal.

It really is. Archers are already incredibly powerful in this game and now they have a skill that removes their only real weakness.

I'm probably kidding myself but I'd like sibling conversations a lot. I doubt we'll get parent conversations like in Future Past given we likely won't be playing as the parents, so it shouldn't be too hard to add an extra set of dialogue for every character to speak to Kana as if they were siblings, right? It won't happen.

If anything, it's more likely we'll get special child/parent vs conversations since I'm willing to bet good money that all Gen 1 units will appear as enemies and not be only implied to be the parents like in Awakening. Also they absolutely need dialogue between Kana with his siblings, but considering how little in-game dialogue was changed to fit married couples, I'm not going to get my hopes to high.

If I start seeing all archer teams in PVP dominating the meta, I won't be surprised at this point.

It really is. Archers are already incredibly powerful in this game and now they have a skill that removes their only real weakness.

I don't really see any problem, not with teams i saw on jap. version. Archer won't even have chance to attack vs. Warp/copycat/rescue combo along with 3-range weapons and witch poison.

There is nothing impossible to beat.

It'll be interesting to see how Proximity Shot actually works though: for example if an archer with Proximity Shot is using a Spy's Yumi, will that unit be able to attack 1~3 range, or 1-range and 3-range but not 2-range?

Maybe 1,3 range. Would be weird but novel. Are there any enemies like that in-game? I've only done Normal runs so far.

I'm more intrigued by the etc. Grisly Wound, maybe?

...Negative Chain? >.>

I don't really see any problem, not with teams i saw on jap. version. Archer won't even have chance to attack vs. Warp/copycat/rescue combo along with 3-range weapons and witch poison.

There is nothing impossible to beat.

Accept Archers can do that, and now they can attack at range-1 as well.

The reason Archers are so good in Fates right now is because of the nerfs to magic and ranged lances/axes. Both of those have received nerfs, with most ranged lances/axes not being able to double-attack and making the wielder easier to double attack. Magic can attack at 1-2 range, but theyre less effective than the dedicated melee weapons and dedicated ranged weapons when competing in the same category, so they're the all-rounder. Bows are very good at attacking at range, since they have no drawbacks for doing so and have also received buffs to weapon properties (the Silver Yumi has the same damage as the Silver Axe for instance). With Proximity Shot, Bow users can now attack at 1-2 range with no drawbacks, which at best almost completely invalidates tomes and could possibly make Bows the best weapon in the game.

This is all speculation on my part however, so I'm open to debate.

Edited by Phillius

Accept Archers can do that, and now they can attack at range-1 as well.

The reason Archers are so good in Fates right now is because of the nerfs to magic and ranged lances/axes. Both of those have received nerfs, with most ranged lances/axes not being able to double-attack and making the wielder easier to double attack. Magic can attack at 1-2 range, but theyre less effective than the dedicated melee weapons and dedicated ranged weapons when competing in the same category, so they're the all-rounder. Bows are very good at attacking at range, since they have no drawbacks for doing so and have also received buffs to weapon properties (the Silver Yumi has the same damage as the Silver Axe for instance). With Proximity Shot, Bow users can now attack at 1-2 range with no drawbacks, which at best almost completely invalidates tomes and could possibly make Bows the best weapon in the game.

This is all speculation on my part however, so I'm open to debate.

It's best for wait for the skill and test it in-game then we will see more clearly how this will work and if this is that good/ beat actual magic/axe users.