Second Batch of Fates DLC Coming

Ema Skye

Unless one can translate what Shiro and Siegbert are saying to each other on the picture (it's in Japanese), we don't know if they are or aren't planning to kill Shigure and Kana.

Well I hope they aren't because I can't handle a drama story that involves kids betraying their fellow peers for whatever reason. Here's hoping.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hope they aren't because I can't handle a drama story that involves kids betraying their fellow peers for whatever reason. Here's hoping.

In a future where survival at all costs becomes crucial...rules are sometimes thrown out the window. I really don't want to think about betrayal either.

Oh, I just realised the info in the first post is kinda... off.

There's nothing to show the kids are out to kill one another. What appears to be happening is that the kids are all in danger and some of the kids are struggling to help eachother.

Shiro is saying along the lines of "Until everything is over... until Shigure is dead, is waiting here the only thing we can do!?" I assume Shigure is in trouble, but Siegbert isn't prepared to go and rescue him (because it would put him or everyone in danger).

Oh, I just realised the info in the first post is kinda... off.

There's nothing to show the kids are out to kill one another. What appears to be happening is that the kids are all in danger and some of the kids are struggling to help eachother.

Shiro is saying along the lines of "Until everything is over... until Shigure is dead, is waiting here the only thing we can do!?" I assume Shigure is in trouble, but Siegbert isn't prepared to go and rescue him (because it would put him or everyone in danger).

You know, Shigure, Shinonome and Siegbert all being there to help save the world makes sense but...how the bloody hell will Kinu, Velour and Nina get involved?

It just sounds like the kids bond by having similar experiences

In the Direct, Mitama makes a haiku about finding a crying Kana in an unknown land (she probably only knows the Deeprealm). Then Kinu (Selkie) says her dad can also transform like Kana's dad. Cut to a battle where I see sprites for Kana, Selkie, Kiragi, Hisame and Mitama

Not gonna lie, I really hope that not all the children want to kill Shigure and Kana like Shiro and Shigure. I can't imagine more than half of the other kids trying to kill Kana and Shigure. Also, I want to know WHY the "Royal Duo" want to kill Shigure and Kana so bad... thoughts?

For Shigure, if I had to come up with something, I'd say

Something to do with being the son of Azura, and thus having a connection to the invisible kingdom. Something similar to Morgan being a boss in Future Past.

However, based on what others have said, I guess it's not necessarily that likely that a "kill shigure" movement exists among the kids.

For Shigure, if I had to come up with something, I'd say

Something to do with being the son of Azura, and thus having a connection to the invisible kingdom. Something similar to Morgan being a boss in Future Past.

However, based on what others have said, I guess it's not necessarily that likely that a "kill shigure" movement exists among the kids.

Killing a possibly good ally when you're short on survivors most likely isn't the best option for anyone. Xander had a more protective streak on this than Ryoma regarding Conquest and Birthright. Xander ended up sending his youngest sister and her retainers to save Corrin from danger after learning what his father had done. Makes sense that Siegbert would not be willing to 'kill' an ally even if he's hesitant.

You know, Shigure, Shinonome and Siegbert all being there to help save the world makes sense but...how the bloody hell will Kinu, Velour and Nina get involved?

Under these circumstances they could change a lot personality wise. Just look at Inigo in the Future Past DLC, he was ready to sacrifice himself so the others could get to Lucina by cutting the bridge and being stuck to have to fight a ton of Risen by himself. That was a very different Inigo than the one we were used to in the normal game, so I wouldn't be surprised for a similar situation with them.

Under these circumstances they could change a lot personality wise. Just look at Inigo in the Future Past DLC, he was ready to sacrifice himself so the others could get to Lucina by cutting the bridge and being stuck to have to fight a ton of Risen by himself. That was a very different Inigo than the one we were used to in the normal game, so I wouldn't be surprised for a similar situation with them.

Oh sure but they all knew each other from before and had different ties to, you know, defending the realm and all that (for the most part anyway, I don't know how Noire and Nah got tangled into all of that but hey), but Velour and Kinu do not.

I should point out that I'm not complaining at all, I'm just curious to see how they all get involved, that's all. Hopefully it'll add some depth to the kids, although I think other units needed it more than they did, like the protagonists of the game.

Oh sure but they all knew each other from before and had different ties to, you know, defending the realm and all that (for the most part anyway, I don't know how Noire and Nah got tangled into all of that but hey), but Velour and Kinu do not.

I should point out that I'm not complaining at all, I'm just curious to see how they all get involved, that's all. Hopefully it'll add some depth to the kids, although I think other units needed it more than they did, like the protagonists of the game.

I agree with that, it will be interesting to see how they get involved, if they explain that at all. Unfortunately I dont put a lot of trust in the current writers in explaining things in any kind of details, as we don't even have a name for the continent this all takes place on in the first place. And I definitely agree, I would of liked to see a dlc focusing on some of the less story relevant characters than the tacked on children tbh.

I think what would of been really cool would of been prologue episodes that contain 3 short scenarios/maps for 3 characters in each of them focusing on various characters backstories, allowing some of the the characters to be expanded upon. I would of loved to see Camila's background get expanded on with all the concubine stuff, Niles would be nice to know a bit more about, going into a bit more detail as to why Oboro hates Nohrians so much would be nice, and I personally would of liked to see Nyx's story a bit.

Edited by Tolvir

I agree with that, it will be interesting to see how they get involved, if they explain that at all. Unfortunately I dont put a lot of trust in the current writers in explaining things in any kind of details, as we don't even have a name for the continent this all takes place on in the first place. And I definitely agree, I would of liked to see a dlc focusing on some of the less story relevant characters than the tacked on children tbh.

I think what would of been really cool would of been prologue episodes that contain 3 short scenarios/maps for 3 characters in each of them focusing on various characters backstories, allowing some of the the characters to be expanded upon. I would of loved to see Camila's background get expanded on with all the concubine stuff, Niles would be nice to know a bit more about, going into a bit more detail as to why Oboro hates Nohrians so much would be nice, and I personally would of liked to see Nyx's story a bit.

Oboro's reasonings are stated pretty clearly in a few of her supports. Her parents were ambushed, and murdered, by Nohrians when she was little (I think she only survived by hiding).

I'm still really confused by the plot behind the Children DLC. I've only seen one translation of the first episode, but it just seems to generate far more questions than answers.

Edited by Aquakat

Oboro's reasonings are stated pretty clearly in a few of her supports. Her parents were ambushed, and murdered, by Nohrians when she was little (I think she only survived by hiding).

I'm still really confused by the plot behind the Children DLC. I've only seen one translation of the first episode, but it just seems to generate far more questions than answers.

And it will possibly generate far more questions than answers until we are able to play the DLC featuring only the children.

Gameplay footage of Hoshidan Festival of Bonds (絆の白夜祭)

Battles

CGs

Interesting how the map theme is the My Castle Theme; they even made a battle theme version :)

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

If there's one thing I want from the Halloween DLC it's for them to give any hint as to what the developers thought about Oboro placing so high on the poll; she beat the majority of the royals and Azura, which is something I don't think they were expecting, considering the royals were pushed so heavily both in terms of story and gameplay.

If there's one thing I want from the Halloween DLC it's for them to give any hint as to what the developers thought about Oboro placing so high on the poll; she beat the majority of the royals and Azura, which is something I don't think they were expecting, considering the royals were pushed so heavily both in terms of story and gameplay.

I'm finding it that it might be a mix between her personality and popularity among fans that view her as one of the best units. I certainly find her history on life tragic while her personality isn't that different from how some in-real life people would behave. Her hobby and attitude when outside of battle is also very nice. Oboro is one of my favorite units thanks to her evenly distributed stat spread and growth (outside of Resistance which is bad).

I'm finding it that it might be a mix between her personality and popularity among fans that view her as one of the best units. I certainly find her history on life tragic while her personality isn't that different from how some in-real life people would behave. Her hobby and attitude when outside of battle is also very nice. Oboro is one of my favorite units thanks to her evenly distributed stat spread and growth (outside of Resistance which is bad).

I completely agree. I feel like Oboro's one of Fire Emblem's best characters for various reasons - however, that's not what I mentioned in my post. I want to know what the developers think about it, considering how much they pushed the royals, and they have a retainer beat the majority of them. It's not the most reliable poll, I know, but it's still what they choose to go on.

I completely agree. I feel like Oboro's one of Fire Emblem's best characters for various reasons - however, that's not what I mentioned in my post. I want to know what the developers think about it, considering how much they pushed the royals, and they have a retainer beat the majority of them. It's not the most reliable poll, I know, but it's still what they choose to go on.

Well, outside of popularity polls, to me, the Royals are only granted a normally high ranking due to plot relevance while everyone else is just filler. The designers and developers might have a reason for what they did but might not wish to explain that thought of reason (which is what quite a good number of us on Forums view of IS).