Second Batch of Fates DLC Coming

Ema Skye

Oh dear..."A failed revolution"? I'm still going to stick to the theory I wrote in the Nintendo Direct thread, but that title makes me afraid that it's their way of trying to justify Conquest, like "See?! This is what would've happened if they stopped being Garon's lap dogs!"

You're scaring me. I hope that isn't the setting.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my limited Japanese isn't failing me, basically Hoshidan Anna is welcoming the Avatar into the Hoshidan Festivities in the Outrealms (What? Why would you have Hoshidan festivities in the Outrealms and not, you know, Hoshido?)

Just wondering, are the titles you put up translations of the text? I don't see any implications of the '絆の白夜祭' being a 'Harvest' scramble?

I really hope not. The Royals have already had fanservice images and I'd like to see some other people get some love.

Unfortunately it's probably so. The guy in the pirate outfit has many bits of puplish bits of clothing the same color as Xander's (he even has a purple sash across his chest, like a certain Paladin...), the build looks about right, and if you look really close at the face, you can see a distinct, single blond curl. If it's not Xander, I will eat my shoe at this point.

You're scaring me. I hope that isn't the setting.

I've got two theories now:

[spoiler=All paths spoiler] One possibility is that it takes place in either Birthright or Conquest (which one doesn't matter), since the game itself flat out calls them the wrong choices and you don't take care of Anankos

[spoiler=Conquest spoiler] Just what I wrote earlier on this thread. Maybe this is a desperate attempt to make it look like Corrin and Xander had no choice but to be spineless idiots - something that would still not be true, but hey. The title makes it sound like this could be the case, but we'll see

Anyway, I hope to be surprised and get to play something really cool, obviously.

Assuming that Azura doesn't get it of course. And then it would be Jakob and Niles.

If Kozaki draws her again like he did recently on Twitter, we'll need a lot of curtains to cover dat ass

Edited by Thane

Unfortunately it's probably so. The guy in the pirate outfit has many bits of puplish bits of clothing the same color as Xander's (he even has a purple sash across his chest, like a certain Paladin...), the build looks about right, and if you look really close at the face, you can see a distinct, single blond curl. If it's not Xander, I will eat my shoe at this point.

I know, I'm just a bit in denial right now. They might be expanding it to top 3 or something, but they probably haven't.

I've got two theories now:

[spoiler=All paths spoiler] One possibility is that it takes place in either Birthright or Conquest (which one doesn't matter), since the game itself flat out calls them the wrong choices and you don't take care of Anankos

[spoiler=Conquest spoiler] Just what I wrote earlier on this thread. Maybe this is a desperate attempt to make it look like Corrin and Xander had no choice but to be spineless idiots - something that would still not be true, but hey. The title makes it sound like this could be the case, but we'll see

Anyway, I hope to be surprised and get to play something really cool, obviously.

If Kozaki draws her again, we'd need a lot of curtains to cover dat ass

[spoiler=Revelation Spoilers]I can see another theory: That you basically failed at beating Anankos in the Revelation path. Could explain why Siegbert and Shiro are together, as Revelation is the only path where both of their parents survive by default. Maybe Mikoto's trap worked or Sumeragi managed to defeat you, or Anankos himself, or Anankos!Gunter killed the right person, leaving the team in shambles?

[spoiler=Revelation Spoilers]I can see another theory: That you basically failed at beating Anankos in the Revelation path. Could explain why Siegbert and Shiro are together, as Revelation is the only path where both of their parents survive by default. Maybe Mikoto's trap worked or Sumeragi managed to defeat you, or Anankos himself, or Anankos!Gunter killed the right person, leaving the team in shambles?

Of course I can't say it for certain, but I doubt it. The children are already treated with no respect for the main story at all; why would they suddenly care about making it coherent? If anything, trying to right any wrongs might just make things even MORE messed up. All they need to do is say that the children were already in the Deeprealms when their parents died, and that'd be the end of it.

Hell, since we have no idea how time works there, maybe that's even the explanation as to why the children are alive but the parents aren't: they were sheltered from Anankos going nuts on the world. The children would all leave their homes and run into each other and find themselves in a ruined world.

Ohhh yes Proximity Shot.

And well needed convos too.

The failed revolution one seems interesting, and ahh scrambles.

Is that Oboro in the Harvest Scramble shot? please let it be her unless Anna's dying hairs again and it's someone else welp.

Also from the source page, there's another shot in the bottom right of the header thing. But I can't tell who that could be at all. No one really has that kind of hair? Unless that's Takumi with his hair down but thats too short...

map_ttl3.jpg

I wish they would offer up Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa as dlc characters. Am I mistaken in thinking it wouldn't be hard since they already have their models or is there more to it than that?

Also from the source page, there's another shot in the bottom right of the header thing. But I can't tell who that could be at all. No one really has that kind of hair? Unless that's Takumi with his hair down but thats too short...

map_ttl3.jpg

It's Dwyer.

map_ttl3.jpg

People have been saying it's probably Dwyer with his hair dyed blue.

I'm probably just overlooking things but if you look REALLY close, you can catch the bit of shadow that always casts over Dwyer's face.

Edit: Partly ninja'd

Edited by carefreejules

Ohhh yes Proximity Shot.

And well needed convos too.

The failed revolution one seems interesting, and ahh scrambles.

Is that Oboro in the Harvest Scramble shot? please let it be her unless Anna's dying hairs again and it's someone else welp.

map_ttl3.jpg

The two people shown in the yukatas are likely Dwyer and Ophelia (Anna does love that blue dye, doesn't she...)

Of course I can't say it for certain, but I doubt it. The children are already treated with no respect for the main story at all; why would they suddenly care about making it coherent? If anything, trying to right any wrongs might just make things even MORE messed up. All they need to do is say that the children were already in the Deeprealms when their parents died, and that'd be the end of it.

Hell, since we have no idea how time works there, maybe that's even the explanation as to why the children are alive but the parents aren't: they were sheltered from Anankos going nuts on the world. The children would all leave their homes and run into each other and find themselves in a ruined world.

That IS possible, but honestly I'd imagine they'd at least TRY to make it semi-coherent, as I disagree with your whining about how terrible the stories are.

We do have SOMEWHAT of an idea on how time works there: It goes faster than the rest of the game's time. Personally in regards to the parents, I'd hope that like Future Past it takes your in-game parents, which would thus make it at least for me, ONLY possible that it was for Revelation, as my Xander married Sakura. That's normally not possible on anything EXCEPT Revelation. Unless they are going to arbitrarily decide who marries who and thus cut you out of any possible dialogue, they'd probably use a Revelation scenario.

That's just what I think on this, however.

Yeah Nintendo take my money and my damn FEELINGS!!

I'm in for all of this! And that DLC picture.. Are Marx and Oboro? Because of blue hair... or is a FCorrin?? Anyway, I'm in for more conversations! But that scramble is for both Nohr and Hoshido? Like Hoshido charas can talk to Nohr charas too??

And the map about the kids... Just wow... I can't wait to see how all of that happened (probably a future in which Anankos succes in the war), can't wait for parents and kids conversations can I finally have a unique Oboro x Kisaragi convo?

Edited by SniperGYS

Yeah Nintendo take my money and my damn FEELINGS!!

I'm in for all of this! And that DLC picture.. Are Marx and Oboro? Because of blue hair... or is a FCorrin?? Anyway, I'm in for more conversations! But that scramble is for both Nohr and Hoshido? Like Hoshido charas can talk to Nohr charas too??

And the map about the kids... Just wow... I can't wait how all of that happened (probably a future in which Anankos succes in the war), can't wait for parents and kids conversations can I finally have a unique Oboro x Kisaragi convo?

...I doubt there would ever be an Avatar special illustration. If there were...

Take my damn money already i'd LOVE that! At least if it was for the girl because I play a girl one!

Edited by Fallaner

I still don't get why Oboro ranked so high in the polls.

Aside from her clothesmaking backstory that comes up on rare occasion, her only defining trait is having Hitler-like levels of hatred toward an entire nationality.

Is Fashion Hitler really that engaging and endearing a personality archetype?

I still don't get why Oboro ranked so high in the polls.

Aside from her clothesmaking backstory that comes up on rare occasion, her only defining trait is having Hitler-like levels of hatred toward an entire nationality.

Is Fashion Hitler really that engaging and endearing a personality archetype?

No idea. I'm honestly not a fan of Oboro. She's alright, but I don't understand why she's so popular. (Doesn't stop me from marrying her to Takumi though, who I do actually like nowadays, despite not liking before)

I don't understand why people like Charlotte though. Like... why?

That IS possible, but honestly I'd imagine they'd at least TRY to make it semi-coherent, as I disagree with your whining about how terrible the stories are.

We do have SOMEWHAT of an idea on how time works there: It goes faster than the rest of the game's time. Personally in regards to the parents, I'd hope that like Future Past it takes your in-game parents, which would thus make it at least for me, ONLY possible that it was for Revelation, as my Xander married Sakura. That's normally not possible on anything EXCEPT Revelation. Unless they are going to arbitrarily decide who marries who and thus cut you out of any possible dialogue, they'd probably use a Revelation scenario.

That's just what I think on this, however.

Of course this is all speculation; no one of us has anything to go on.

That said, if the parents are all dead, then there's no reason to bother with the pairings; the children also wouldn't know whether or not Corrin sided with Hoshido or Nohr, thus they wouldn't have to write additional dialogue. The only issue I see would be the hair colors, and that could easily just be explained with them inheriting their fathers' hair color like in the official art, something that seems to be supported so far given Siegbert and Shinonome.

If it's the winners of the popularity poll then Ryoma isn't gonna get one but that's ok

I can draw

Anyone who wants Ryoma fanservice show up at my blog whenever this shit releases

Ooh, I want it, I want it! :D You know I love Ryoma, Thor. <3

Also, DLC looks kinda interesting. Since I pretend the kids don't exist, I won't be bothering with that failed revolution one, but yeah.

No idea. I'm honestly not a fan of Oboro. She's alright, but I don't understand why she's so popular. (Doesn't stop me from marrying her to Takumi though, who I do actually like nowadays, despite not liking before)

I don't understand why people like Charlotte though. Like... why?

I can think of two rather large reasons she's popular.

But appearances aside, she can at least be entertaining. Watching her shift around between her cutesy golddigger act and her real personality is like watching a trainwreck. You don't want to be anywhere near and feel sorry for those involved, it but it's entertaining to observe from a distance.

Edited by Anomalocaris