Second Batch of Fates DLC Coming

Ema Skye

...I doubt there would ever be an Avatar special illustration. If there were...

Take my damn money already i'd LOVE that! At least if it was for the girl because I play a girl one!

I'd go for that to, but how would they deal with the customisations?

I still don't get why Oboro ranked so high in the polls.

Aside from her clothesmaking backstory that comes up on rare occasion, her only defining trait is having Hitler-like levels of hatred toward an entire nationality.

Is Fashion Hitler really that engaging and endearing a personality archetype?

I get what you're saying with the Fashion Hitler bit, but all I can think of is someone trying to mass murder people who don't dress stylishly.

I'm not the biggest fan of Oboro, but people seem to like her because her personality is well-rounded and not really based on a single trait. People tend to like that from what I've seen.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course this is all speculation; no one of us has anything to go on.

That said, if the parents are all dead, then there's no reason to bother with the pairings; the children also wouldn't know whether or not Corrin sided with Hoshido or Nohr, thus they wouldn't have to write additional dialogue. The only issue I see would be the hair colors, and that could easily just be explained with them inheriting their fathers' hair color like in the official art, something that seems to be supported so far given Siegbert and Shinonome.

Certainly, i'm not saying either of us are right.

If the parents are dead, there MAY not be a reason to bother, however if through some sort of shenanigans you end up with your primarily team interacting with these people (ala Future Past) They can PROBABLY remember their parents at least slightly. That would make additional dialogue for them to do regarding the parents.

Please let there be sibling conversations in the kiddos' DlC, please IS.

Oh man, I just thought of something. In the kiddos' DLC, how are they going to handle a third gen!Kana? I mean, I know they didn't mention a third gen!Morgan in Future Past (which makes sense) but this somehow feels different for me. Like, if there are going to be parent/child conversations (which again, is a big if) how are going to handle it? Hmm...

Dwyer/whoever : Kana, you're okay. That's good or whatever.

DLC!Kana : What are talking about? You're my brother.

Dwyer/whoever : ...What?

(Jakob/whoever's dad laughs in background.)

Edited by December Knight

That IS possible, but honestly I'd imagine they'd at least TRY to make it semi-coherent, as I disagree with your whining about how terrible the stories are.

We do have SOMEWHAT of an idea on how time works there: It goes faster than the rest of the game's time. Personally in regards to the parents, I'd hope that like Future Past it takes your in-game parents, which would thus make it at least for me, ONLY possible that it was for Revelation, as my Xander married Sakura. That's normally not possible on anything EXCEPT Revelation. Unless they are going to arbitrarily decide who marries who and thus cut you out of any possible dialogue, they'd probably use a Revelation scenario.

That's just what I think on this, however.

Future Past had a lot of variable dialogue with the unique parent/child conversations. Here, it seems like the children will be by themselves, so no parent/child conversation. In that case... maybe the scenario could at least have a few lines that change to reference the "past" based on the player's route?

I don't think some characters' deaths wouldn't really matter in that case. They could make it so that in this DLC story the kids grew up in the real world, and so the children of certain characters could be born before their death, even if they don't have access to the Deeprealms.

On the other hand, if they still grew up in the Deeprealms, then this scenario is basically forced to take place after Revelations, since it's the only story where both Hoshido and Nohr would have access to it.

UGH. If all the special illustrations are purely royals (more or less) I'm gonna be pissed. I really want some Niles stuff. Royals get everything. Just let me have thiiiiiiis. I also don't see what's so special about Oboro. Maybe localization fucked it up, but everyone was always saying stuff like "you can really feel her and takumi's love for each other!!" and I honestly didn't. I only marry her to Takumi bc convenience.

So seeing Dwyer and Ophelia there basically guarantees that we will be getting Nina and Forrest due to them being the top of their gender in popularity.

Oh well I also wonder who will be chosen for the adults...

I get what you're saying with the Fashion Hitler bit, but all I can think of is someone trying to mass murder people who don't dress stylishly.

I'm not the biggest fan of Oboro, but people seem to like her because her personality is well-rounded and not really based on a single trait. People tend to like that from what I've seen.

I dunno about not being based on a single trait, I've tried using her in Revelations after benching her in Birthright, and every time she speaks I want to put an arrow through her head.

Working the wheat field? "I like bread, but knowing Nohrians eat it kinda ruins it for me"

Or getting a decent level-up? "I'll put a stop to them for good."

Aside from her clothesmaking backstory that comes up on rare occasion, her only defining trait is having Hitler-like levels of hatred toward an entire nationality.

Is Fashion Hitler really that engaging and endearing a personality archetype?

I don't remember it that well, but apparently a lot of the people who voted for her in the polls liked her voice a lot?

I think it might've been in the Famitsu poll that this was mentioned in, or another one.

Here's my thoughts on how the Future past-like dlc could play out, copied from what I said on the Nintendo Direct discussion thread. Some of these are replies to others on that thread, so that's why they might sound slightly weird, due to lack of context

Post 1

So I remebered that nordopolica said something about the DLC possibly being route exclusive,which could solve the dead dads dilemena.

So if birthright, then we won't have Siegbert, Soleil, Velouria or Ignatius, and possibly Midori

If Conquest, no Kiragi, Shiro, Asugi, Hisame, or Selkie

But considering what has been shown so far, and the fact that you can avoid killing some of these characters's fathers, it's either an alternate universe, or there's going to be some inconsistencies.

post 2

The top post was where I got the idea of them possibly being route exclusive, but if they were, well I already outline the possible inconsistencies, so alternate universe is the most likely, so I agree with you on that. Wish they were though, I might actually respect IS if they acknowledge the fact the real villain escaped punishment in Birthright and Conquest.

Though maybe it'll be both, with it being an AU where the war in both versions lasted longer, enough for all the kids to be born, but the dads still die. No inconsistencies and the kids being motivated by revenge.

post 3

though, I realize we are never told if the characters who don't join us if we pick a specific route have a family on that route, so it's possible it won't be an AU, and the kids are still there but who knows.

But over all, I'm betting on AU, not taking place after Birthright or Conquest since that means less effort on making sure there is no inconsistencies. I was stoked for this at first, but now I'm worried at how much of a clusterfuck it could be.

Oboro is popular for many reasons. First of all, she's got an established character trait that never becomes a gimmick, a crush that doesn't take up all of her supports, she shows various sides of her personality in said supports, and her hatred for Nohr is very much treated with the respect it deserves by both Hoshidans and Nohrians, and she learns to move on when interacting with people from that nation - that is not something that can be said about Pieri, for instance, where Corrin doesn't care about her being unstable and having killed (and still wanting to kill) people because she's nice sometimes.

Oboro is popular for many reasons. First of all, she's got an established character trait that never becomes a gimmick, a crush that doesn't take up all of her supports, she shows various sides of her personality in said supports, and her hatred for Nohr is very much treated with the respect it deserves by both Hoshidans and Nohrians, and she learns to move on when interacting with people from that nation - that is not something that can be said about Pieri, for instance, where Corrin doesn't care about her being unstable and having killed (and still wanting to kill) people because she's nice sometimes.

Agreeing with this. And let's not forget that smug grin. That, and she's also a rather good unit in battle.

Even though I may not get the Scramble maps, I can just imagine some conversation combos apart from Ryoma/Scarlet and Azura/Camilla, namely Orochi/Reina, as both were Mikoto's retainers, as well as Benny/Kaden.

I'm pretty sure the English name of Proximity Shot is Point Blank, unless I'm mistaken.

So seeing Dwyer and Ophelia there basically guarantees that we will be getting Nina and Forrest due to them being the top of their gender in popularity.

Oh well I also wonder who will be chosen for the adults...

Top winners. I'm hoping they expand past the royals, because otherwise it's pretty much going to be Beach Royale 2.0, with Oboro being the only non-royal who gets something. Not to mention it'd be heavily slanted towards Nohr, so people who only have Birthright will get hardly anything.

Like, c'mon IntSys, top 4? Top 5? There'll be two Nohrians, two Hoshidans and one neutral per gender in that case.

Oh dear..."A failed revolution"? I'm still going to stick to the theory I wrote in the Nintendo Direct thread, but that title makes me afraid that it's their way of trying to justify Conquest, like "See?! This is what would've happened if they stopped being Garon's lap dogs!"

It could be, or, this is the secret fifth path after, side with Hoshido, side with Nohr, side with neither, and join smash, where Corn spends too much time building my caslte and rubbing faces and ultimately forgets about the war

Fire Emblem is turning into Zelda

It could be, or, this is the secret fifth path after, side with Hoshido, side with Nohr, side with neither, and join smash, where Corn spends too much time building my caslte and rubbing faces and ultimately forgets about the war

Fire Emblem is turning into Zelda

Sounds more like Skyrim if you ask me!

rDx5nM7.png

This is where it's at, people.

The Japanese direct is superior due to this one single thing.

Wasn't there a war in this game? I could've sworn there was a war in this game.

I'm not sure how her hate-on for Norhians isn't a gimmick when it permeates her bio, level-up quotes, My Castle quotes, supports, and personal skill.

Also not sure what you mean by "the respect it deserves".

rDx5nM7.pngThis is where it's at, people.The Japanese direct is superior due to this one single thing.

I like the friendship between Sakura and Elise, so this picture is really noce.

Also, is it just me, or does Elise with her hair down kinda looks like a baby-faced Camilla?

The same goes for Sakura, without her hairband, she looks like a soft-faced Hinoka.

I'm not sure how her hate-on for Norhians isn't a gimmick when it permeates her bio, level-up quotes, My Castle quotes, supports, and personal skill.

By respect it deserves, I think it means that both the Hoshidans and Nohrians fear her death glare. Oboro's supports with the Nohrians she supports with (Jakob, Silas, Benny, Niles, Beruka) has more detail about her hatred for Nohr.

Edited by ChaosGallade

I've only played the Japanese version, so I don't know if it has changed, but it's not in the level-up quotes. Also, why wouldn't it be in the bio? It's a significant part of her character, and her personal skill is strictly gameplay related; I don't think Azama has the power to call down lightning or whatever it is everytime someone stabs him when he's unarmed.

What I mean by respect it deserves is that everyone - when it's called for in supports - acknowledge that her hatred is wrong, and that she needs to let go of it.

Why are you so bothered by her hating Nohr? It's reasonably explained and doesn't get taken to an extreme by any means, and even if it did, she's got plenty of other things going for her, which is far more than you can say about a lot of characters in this game.

Also, is it just me, or does Elise with her hair down kinda looks like a baby-faced Camilla?

The same goes for Sakura, without her hairband, she looks like a soft-faced Hinoka.

Oh my gosh, the illustration is even more cute with this in mind.

I would love to see the other siblings in a similar setting like this.

Leo and Takumi playing chess in their jammies; Camilla putting bows in Hinoka's hair or something; and Ryoma and Xander having a bro chat.

I like the friendship between Sakura and Elise, so this picture is really noce.

You can argue that its because they're siblings but its mostly probably because same face syndrome. Still cute though!