How many do you think will star in the new fanservice DLCs?

Abvora

Basically copy/pasted this from my reddit thread, in an effort to get as much speculation as possible.

And by "star" I mean get the special conversations with Corrin and nice fanservice picture. Clearly, it's going to be the top winners of the popularity poll, and going off the fanservice DLCs in Awakening, one would assume it would feature the top two most popular males and females. From the preview pictures, we basically know that Xander, Ophelia and Dwyer are featured, and they're in the top two most popular first-gen and second-gens, supporting this theory. However, there are a few problems with it:

• If they do top two of each gender, the first-gens will be the Nohr royals + Oboro. This will probably annoy people who feel like the royals already have too much time in the spotlight and/or got their fanservice DLC (Beach Royale).

• Since it's the Nohr royals + Oboro, players who have only Birthright get shafted.

• This is also true of the second-gens--top two for them are Forrest (Nohr only), Dwyer (neutral), Nina (Nohr only) and Ophelia (Nohr only).

There are a couple of ways this can be fixed:

• Expand the characters featured to include top 4 or 5. That nets you Xander, Leo, Takumi, Jakob and Ryoma for first-gen males; Camilla, Oboro, Elise, Azura, and Hinoka for first-gen females; Forrest, Dwyer, Shiro, Shigure and Hisame for second-gen males; and Nina, Ophelia, Soleil, Selkie and Velouria for second-gen females. There's still a heavy royal slant, but some of the non-royals get some spotlight, too, and there's more of an even distribution in terms of nationality. Problem here is that they have to dig into the high teens/low 20s for the kids, where they don't have as many clamoring fans.

• Include just the top two royals and top two non-royals of each gender for the first-gen, and the top four of each gender for the second gen. So Xander, Leo, Jakob and Niles for first-gen males; Camilla, Elise, Oboro and Azura for first-gen females; and basically the same kids as above minus Hisame and Velouria. This lets more non-royals shine, but has a heavier Nohr slant than the above.

Given that IntSys has promised more maps in the Fates kids DLC compared to the Future Past (6 versus 3), they are willing to giving us more content compared to Awakening--and (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) they've had more time to compile it, four months to Awakening's two or so.

So what does everyone think? Will we be getting more characters this time, and if so, how will they handle it? Or are we basically getting the second coming of the Nohr royals?

I think they should give all of the characters equal treatment so that no fan feels left out for having different tastes with their favorites, but I may as well be laughed out of existence for even suggesting such a thing.

Maybe they'll be nice and do all of the royals, plus the top couple non-royals of each gender for both first gen and children from each version of the game, and maybe one of each gender in the neutral section? That'd keep things balanced at least, which is only fair. Who knows how generous they're going to be, though...

Edited by Delfino

I think another way to fix it would do the top six of each gender but separated by the nations.The top two nohr males and females, top two hoshido males and females, and top two males and females of the shared characters, the same thing happening for the children That way no version is going to be cheaped out of having no fan service for them. I

So that would mean that:

• Leo and Xander would be the nohrian males, and Camilla and Elise for the females. (Which mean nohr just gets another beach dlc stuff)
  • Forrest and Seigbert for the nohrian males, and Nina and Ophelia for nohrian females
  • Takumi and Ryoma for Hoshido males and Oboro and Hinoka for hoshido female
  • Selkie and Rhajat for hoshido females, and Shinonome and Hisame for hoshido male

Of course their are way to many royals in here (Not counting the child royals as they haven't gotten dlc yet). So if we take away royals:

• Niles and Odin nohrian males, and Flora and Charlotte for nohrian females
  • Saizo and Subaki for Hoshido and Oboro and Setsuna for Hoshido females

The shared characters would have:

• Jakob and Kaze for males
  • Azura and Felicia for females

Though I would love for the shared characters to get their own sort of beach dlc for themselves since, you know, they follow you no matter what and should get some points for that.

It's not because I want some Silas fanservice. Nope not at all.

EDIT: Forgot to add the children

• Shigure and Dwyer for males
  • Midori and Sophie for females

Though I guess they would be placed their anyways since the only other shared child is Kanna.

Edited by ChaosFox

I think we should get the top non-royal for gen1, but the pirate titties is pretty much confirmed to be xander, so that's out.

A even mix of nohr vs hoshido, royal vs nonroyal would be optimal, in this case. It's a lot more things to draw, certainly, but hey, fanservice dlc time to go all out.

I plan on drawing sexy fanservice ryoma regardless of what happens though

I think we should get the top non-royal for gen1, but the pirate titties is pretty much confirmed to be xander, so that's out.

A even mix of nohr vs hoshido, royal vs nonroyal would be optimal, in this case. It's a lot more things to draw, certainly, but hey, fanservice dlc time to go all out.

I plan on drawing sexy fanservice ryoma regardless of what happens though

They were willing to draw 8 things for the royals, so maybe they'll be willing to double up again?

At least account for the heavy Nohr slant IntSys