Saddest moment in Fates?

*Haku

Flora's suicide is Birthright. For Conquest, I'd go with massacring Kaden.

Flora's suicide is my personal saddest moment, especially since she's my favorite Fates character, followed by any of the Lillith deaths.

Edited by TrueEm

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takumi's & Elise's deaths for me. also just Takumi as a whole. that poor kid goes through so much CRAP in both routes haven't played Revelation. I empathize with him really well too, with the whole inferiority complex thing he has going on, so maybe that's why his character in general was the saddest thing about Fates for me. (Leo got me in the same way too because of his complex... but Takumi, man... Takumi.)

...but Elise... ahh Elise...... blame Xander......

Takumi's & Elise's deaths for me. also just Takumi as a whole. that poor kid goes through so much CRAP in both routes haven't played Revelation. I empathize with him really well too, with the whole inferiority complex thing he has going on, so maybe that's why his character in general was the saddest thing about Fates for me. (Leo got me in the same way too because of his complex... but Takumi, man... Takumi.)

...but Elise... ahh Elise...... blame Xander......

You can try to blame Xander after you first blame 'Garon'. Takumi's demise is very unsettling and saddening since you can just tell that he feels rejected and ignored (Chapter 5) and in Conquest, it just gets worse for the poor young man.

You can try to blame Xander after you first blame 'Garon'. Takumi's demise is very unsettling and saddening since you can just tell that he feels rejected and ignored (Chapter 5) and in Conquest, it just gets worse for the poor young man.

Nah, Xander does deserve blame, and what's more, he knows it, resulting in his suicide by cop. That was the saddest part for me if only because it was the final collapse of the Nohrian royal family that you've been witnessing throughout Birthright.

Nah, Xander does deserve blame, and what's more, he knows it, resulting in his suicide by cop. That was the saddest part for me if only because it was the final collapse of the Nohrian royal family that you've been witnessing throughout Birthright.

Camille and Leo survive in Birthright (Leo's ok but Camille suffers another breakdown emotionally). Worse in Conquest, Ryoma and Takumi die regardless but if you aren't careful, you might kill Hinoka (or spare her) resulting with only Sakura remaining and that would be just cruel since she's basically by herself at that point. Tbh, Xander and Corrin told Elise to stay out of their battle since they didn't want her to get injured or killed. Only issue is that the two of them are two of Elise's siblings who she cares for a lot, and Elise couldn't afford to see either of them fight the other.

Chapter 6: The Decision is Yours. "Up until now, I was happy living with my family at the place where I came to be. However, here on the plains of battle, I find myself caught in a war that has just started. This battle taking place here is not one that is normal though...both Princes both who are my older brothers, one from Hoshido and one from Nohr look at me and hold out their hands to me, motioning to me for me to join one of them. I look to both sides out of hesitation, I see my other brothers and sisters looking at me carefully. The two younger sisters, one from each side look like they're on the verge of tears. My younger brothers are watching me warily as if I might make a bad decision. I also see both of my older sisters who have come to care for me since they knew me looking at me with concern. The choice to decide who to join becomes even more painful each passing second...then I remember one more memory. Mother. She had perished to save my life from the unknown assailant...she wanted me to live in peace and harmony with others. However...however...I can't decide who to be with without harming the other side. This decision I'm going to have to make in front of both armies that are assembled will determine the beginning of a new era. The risks and dangers involved...the amount of people who will die...all that will be decided on who I side with. Now the trial comes, who will I join...the land and people who I have known up until now, or the land and people who I was born to and originally raised with?" - Corrin deciding their options on Chapter 6 of Fire Emblem: Fates.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Camille and Leo survive in Birthright (Leo's ok but Camille suffers another breakdown emotionally). Worse in Conquest, Ryoma and Takumi die regardless but if you aren't careful, you might kill Hinoka (or spare her) resulting with only Sakura remaining and that would be just cruel since she's basically by herself at that point. Tbh, Xander and Corrin told Elise to stay out of their battle since they didn't want her to get injured or killed. Only issue is that the two of them are two of Elise's siblings who she cares for a lot, and Elise couldn't afford to see either of them fight the other.

While it's true that half the Nohrian family survives, the family is completely shattered, and that's before anyone dies. The Hoshidan family's situation isn't as dire because Ryoma chose death as the best means of fighting back, whereas Xander's was a means of self-punishment for killing Elise. In other words, although two siblings die either way, only Nohr's is due to emotional breakdowns. (Well, Takumi's kind of is, but he's not really aware of it--technically it's the demon killing him. Xander and Elise are both totally aware of what they're doing and why.)

While it's true that half the Nohrian family survives, the family is completely shattered, and that's before anyone dies. The Hoshidan family's situation isn't as dire because Ryoma chose death as the best means of fighting back, whereas Xander's was a means of self-punishment for killing Elise. In other words, although two siblings die either way, only Nohr's is due to emotional breakdowns. (Well, Takumi's kind of is, but he's not really aware of it--technically it's the demon killing him. Xander and Elise are both totally aware of what they're doing and why.)

What I might do in Revelation, beat the Invisible King by allowing Elise and Sakura to do the finishing blows. On the other hand, Ryoma kills himself mainly so Garon won't kill Corrin for failing to finish him off. And yes, Xander was at the end of his ropes after he realized that he had just killed Elise.

Hinoka's words in Conquest Chapter 24 are especially sad.

To paraphrase "I wanted to welcome you back to this castle, for it to be your home. But now I can't let you come here ever again."

What I might do in Revelation, beat the Invisible King by allowing Elise and Sakura to do the finishing blows. On the other hand, Ryoma kills himself mainly so Garon won't kill Corrin for failing to finish him off. And yes, Xander was at the end of his ropes after he realized that he had just killed Elise.

So what makes Ryoma's death more tragic than Xander's? Both of them are tragic, definitely, but at least Ryoma died with a clear conscience and with his family still together. (Well, minus Takumi, but you don't know that when Ryoma dies.)

Also, don't forget the spoiler tags.

So what makes Ryoma's death more tragic than Xander's? Both of them are tragic, definitely, but at least Ryoma died with a clear conscience and with his family still together. (Well, minus Takumi, but you don't know that when Ryoma dies.)

Also, don't forget the spoiler tags.

Maybe I should do to myself what Ryoma did, seppuku, at least I could spare other people on other threads from arguing against me when it's clear that neither sides will agree with each other. Of course, this wouldn't help either side as well.

The emotional pain that Corrin experiences when they notice a possessed Takumi as they approaches the Hoshido Royal Throne in the endgame...

Maybe I should do to myself what Ryoma did, seppuku, at least I could spare other people on other threads from arguing against me when it's clear that neither sides will agree with each other. Of course, this wouldn't help either side as well.

The emotional pain that Corrin experiences when they notice a possessed Takumi as they approaches the Hoshido Royal Throne in the endgame...

I'm not arguing against you. I want to know your opinion. Just because I disagree doesn't mean that I don't want to know why you think what you do. And my mind can be changed, if I find your reasons more compelling. And so I earnestly want to know.

That definitely is tragic, but I thought you were referring to the Hoshidan royal family breaking down, like the Nohr one did. I find it interesting that on the Nohr side, the entire family has emotional turmoil, while in Hoshido, it's all bottled up in Takumi. It's yet another contrast between the two families.

I'm not arguing against you. I want to know your opinion. Just because I disagree doesn't mean that I don't want to know why you think what you do. And my mind can be changed, if I find your reasons more compelling. And so I earnestly want to know.

That definitely is tragic, but I thought you were referring to the Hoshidan royal family breaking down, like the Nohr one did. I find it interesting that on the Nohr side, the entire family has emotional turmoil, while in Hoshido, it's all bottled up in Takumi. It's yet another contrast between the two families.

Takumi is what makes Nohr's Conquest Route very tragic if anything before you finally have to kill him doesn't make you on the verge of crying for him out of sadness and remorse.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Takumi is what makes Nohr's Conquest Route very tragic if anything before you finally have to kill him doesn't make you on the verge of crying for him out of sadness and remorse.

Yeah. The only thing that softens it for me is the knowledge that it's already too late for him. Leave him alive, and he'll just become another Garon. That knowledge made it a lot easier for me.

Yeah. The only thing that softens it for me is the knowledge that it's already too late for him. Leave him alive, and he'll just become another Garon. That knowledge made it a lot easier for me.

What Takumi says to Corrin once they finally defeat him for the last time in Conquest makes the ending even more bitter and sad.

What Takumi says to Corrin once they finally defeat him for the last time in Conquest makes the ending even more bitter and sad.

The real Takumi at the Great Wall of Suzanoh, or demon-possessed Takumi?

The real Takumi at the Great Wall of Suzanoh, or demon-possessed Takumi?

Endgame, what his spirit wants and pleads for you to do: To kill his possessed body for good. Even though this means that Corrin once against has to cope with killing one of his siblings once again (even though it technically isn't Takumi at this point who is going to get killed entirely).

Endgame, what his spirit wants and pleads for you to do: To kill his possessed body for good. Even though this means that Corrin once against has to cope with killing one of his siblings once again (even though it technically isn't Takumi at this point who is going to get killed entirely).

Oh, I see. Yeah. I actually found that made it easier too. I mean, it's not easy knowing the real Takumi is already dead, but it feels better knowing you have the real Takumi's blessing.

Still the pain that Corrin must feel though.

I never really considered how Corrin felt. I've always looked at him as an avatar, even though he's not very well cut out for that role. I always projected my emotions onto him, and I had more of a sense of relief of putting the whole mess to rest at last. There's a sense of satisfaction in giving the dead peace.

Edited by Seanp12

I never really considered how Corrin felt. I've always looked at him as an avatar, even though he's not very well cut out for that role. I always projected my emotions onto him, and I had more of a sense of relief of putting the whole mess to rest at last. There's a sense of satisfaction in giving the dead peace.

I sometimes try to view how some if not all the characters feel by placing myself in their place. This doesn't always make me feel better, it sometimes makes things even sadder. In some cases other than that, the feeling is either better or funnier.

I sometimes try to view how some if not all the characters feel by placing myself in their place. This doesn't always make me feel better, it sometimes makes things even sadder. In some cases other than that, the feeling is either better or funnier.

Yeah. I do that with a lot of the siblings--primarily Xander and Ryoma, since I'm the oldest in my family. Both of them have such a tremendous sense of responsibility, but they also end up feeling like they failed at that when Corrin fights for the other side.

Yeah. I do that with a lot of the siblings--primarily Xander and Ryoma, since I'm the oldest in my family. Both of them have such a tremendous sense of responsibility, but they also end up feeling like they failed at that when Corrin fights for the other side.

That also stems from being the eldest child on both sides. Ryoma knew Corrin since they were born in addition to worrying about their welfare before and after they were taken away as a child and Xander was the first person (outside of Gunter) that showed them how to love others in return.

I got misty-eyed upon watching the:

suicide scenes (Birthright and Conquest), near-death scenes (Birthright and Conquest) and watching Corrin's mother (Revelation), Azura's mother (Revelation), and the Hoshido siblings' father die. (Revelation)

I got misty-eyed upon watching the:

suicide scenes (Birthright and Conquest), near-death scenes (Birthright and Conquest) and watching Corrin's mother (Revelation), Azura's mother (Revelation), and the Hoshido siblings' father die. (Revelation)

It is sad for everyone who is emotional. In the game, if you are very cruel, you can force the Hoshido Siblings to fight their parents as well as make Azura fight her mother, doing so is just very cruel even if you want to get the dialogue exchange.