Fates 4Koma Kings Translations (COMPLETE)

Kirokan

Nyx is adorable.

Both cases of the comics on Page 47 are funny.

In Nyx's case she has full rights to be alone due to her sad history, the partially funny part is that F! Kamui completely screws up the situation just about entirely in one move. F! Kamui isn't helping her at all by yelling "Has anyone seen this girl's Mom and Dad?! Anyone?!" Poor Nyx, she needs more love.

"Black Bug"? What could that be? ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This:

2unwydu.jpg

Our lovable roaches!

What the...I have no idea what makes you think of this. I can try to picture what the 'black bug' was but the fact that someone ended up screaming is also not answered on who did scream. I can only guess so far that F! Kamui screamed but I don't think she's that scared of insects if she is at all.

If manga and anime have learned me anything about this particular gag is that most common insect women/men screams are roaches, especially women no matter who since the boy must run into the bath because of the screaming that ensued. Normally the "black bug" usually refers to the Japanese cockroaches and the most common one is black. I haven't seen any other insect that usually be the suspect. If it is not an insect then it's a mice or rat. As for that comic strip it couldn't be no other than Corrin that screamed. The final panel with Jokers red chin and Corrin embarrassed face as Hinoka and Hina with their displeased look on Joker indicates that Joker saw Corrin in the nude along showing his dedication and to what lengths he will go no matter how small is the punchline of the strip.

Why am I explaining the joke? xD

Edited by FoliFF

Both cases of the comics on Page 47 are funny.

In Nyx's case she has full rights to be alone due to her sad history, the partially funny part is that F! Kamui completely screws up the situation just about entirely in one move. F! Kamui isn't helping her at all by yelling "Has anyone seen this girl's Mom and Dad?! Anyone?!" Poor Nyx, she needs more love.

...So we're going to ignore how deadly it is for Corrin to be looking/shouting around for Nyx's parents in the middle of a Hosidan infested fortress?

...So we're going to ignore how deadly it is for Corrin to be looking/shouting around for Nyx's parents in the middle of a Hosidan infested fortress?

I did not know that they were in a Hoshidian Infested fortress at all considering when she is first encountered she is in Nohrian Territory in-game (or somewhere along the border of both kingdoms).

I did not know that they were in a Hoshidian Infested fortress at all considering when she is first encountered she is in Nohrian Territory in-game (or somewhere along the border of both kingdoms).

Yeah the Fort belongs to Nohr. In Birthright Iago got all the soldiers removed for his trap and Faceless horde. In Conquest it's been conquered by Hoshido.

Page 48 is up! Today we get post-war worries and Peri's mental health, as well as a look at Kaden's favor-repayment stuff. xD

I guessed what would happen after reading just the first half of Jakob's comic.

Right? xD

Yeah the Fort belongs to Nohr. In Birthright Iago got all the soldiers removed for his trap and Faceless horde. In Conquest it's been conquered by Hoshido.

Yep! It goes off her Conquest recruitment where she is hiding outside the Hoshidian-occupied fort.

Page 48 is up! Today we get post-war worries and Peri's mental health, as well as a look at Kaden's favor-repayment stuff. xD

Right? xD

Yep! It goes off her Conquest recruitment where she is hiding outside the Hoshidian-occupied fort.

I'm still pondering if Kaden's favor repayment (if Percy has to repay Kaden) is anything but grooming his fur.

Peri is normal but Laslow's expression near the end comes close to "Did she even hear a single word I just said?"

Thanks for your time to translate Kirokan, you have a lot of fans on Serenes Forest.

Page 49 is up! A stalker joke and Jakob refusing to accept things! (A bit earlier today since I'll be busy later today...)

I'm still pondering if Kaden's favor repayment (if Percy has to repay Kaden) is anything but grooming his fur.

Peri is normal but Laslow's expression near the end comes close to "Did she even hear a single word I just said?"

Thanks for your time to translate Kirokan, you have a lot of fans on Serenes Forest.

Probably is something like that with Kaden. You're welcome as usual!

Page 49 is up! A stalker joke and Jakob refusing to accept things! (A bit earlier today since I'll be busy later today...)

Probably is something like that with Kaden. You're welcome as usual!

Rhajat being a stalker once again, although Camilla is just being herself (Rhajat doesn't know her though that well to understand why the Nohrian Elder Sister is acting that way). The ending was somewhat amusing but I can possibly imagine what the 'new' conflict is.

Jakob being too harsh when Dwyer is just simply being honest with most of his methods on serving others. Ok Jakob, your son is only trying to give you some insight on how to help you and you get all stubborn again. Dwyer's expression seems to say "Yeah because you're so good at everything you do with the exception to how you treat others..."

I can't get enough of looking at each comic you have translated for everyone and smile considering how much more light-hearted it is than each in-game path is. Kirokan, you are a blessing to everyone~

Don't worry, Jakob, I have the same problem.

Wait...

Thane, I know I haven't know you long enough on forums to understand enough...but from even with all the information I could gather from running around doing supports and reading all the possible dialogue Jakob says, I don't see how you two share similar problems at all.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Thane, I know I haven't know you long enough on forums to understand enough...but from even with all the information I could gather from running around doing supports and reading all the possible dialogue Jakob says, I don't see how you two share similar problems at all.

I think it's a self-deprecatory jab, most likely due to his reputation for violently criticizing Fates' writing.

I think it's a self-deprecatory jab, most likely due to his reputation for violently criticizing Fates' writing.

I can't...well hard to say it without sounding off and cold, but I'm still not finding enough to compare both of them as being that similar even if there are some similarities.

Jakob tends to be logical yet harsh on what he says to others most of the time and has a harder time accepting what others say (ranges on who he's talking to) while still trying to help others when he has time, might stem from his duty to keep Kamui safe and happy while being loaded with a lot of tasks to cope with. He also has a harder time respecting others (B-Support is when he starts to warm up to others), whereas he is already really kind to Kamui regardless of Support level. If Jakob goes mad at someone, he did so as others were interrupting his work or when he just wanted to due his duties without any more possible complaints and given his supports where he talks about his past, it makes sense on his attitude.

This is forums and some of us can say that Fates has quite a number of holes in it some of which made the game somewhat inferior to the predecessor while some of the other flaws are so small that they're not worth complaining over. Thane has his reasons to be upset, I can admit that I have semi-hard time properly finding why he is like that but that's out of my control to handle so I shouldn't try to 'edge' into someone else's territory. He does find some content in Fates to be fair even if the game had some pretty messed up features (poor action in BR, random and unneeded script for CQ which affected certain characters a bit hard and too many plotholes and spoilers in RV that are either not elaborated or explained well or possibly ruin the other two paths).

I feel as if I've hit my limits on where I can talk about someone before I start to lose my ability to explain my thoughts so I'll end my post right here for now.

This remind me, why don't we have a support between Camilla and Rhajat? It would had been amusing slander between two girls fighting for Corrin that eventually turns into best friend relationship. .w.

I can't...well hard to say it without sounding off and cold, but I'm still not finding enough to compare both of them as being that similar even if there are some similarities.

Jakob tends to be logical yet harsh on what he says to others most of the time and has a harder time accepting what others say (ranges on who he's talking to) while still trying to help others when he has time, might stem from his duty to keep Kamui safe and happy while being loaded with a lot of tasks to cope with. He also has a harder time respecting others (B-Support is when he starts to warm up to others), whereas he is already really kind to Kamui regardless of Support level. If Jakob goes mad at someone, he did so as others were interrupting his work or when he just wanted to due his duties without any more possible complaints and given his supports where he talks about his past, it makes sense on his attitude.

This is forums and some of us can say that Fates has quite a number of holes in it some of which made the game somewhat inferior to the predecessor while some of the other flaws are so small that they're not worth complaining over. Thane has his reasons to be upset, I can admit that I have semi-hard time properly finding why he is like that but that's out of my control to handle so I shouldn't try to 'edge' into someone else's territory. He does find some content in Fates to be fair even if the game had some pretty messed up features (poor action in BR, random and unneeded script for CQ which affected certain characters a bit hard and too many plotholes and spoilers in RV that are either not elaborated or explained well or possibly ruin the other two paths).

I feel as if I've hit my limits on where I can talk about someone before I start to lose my ability to explain my thoughts so I'll end my post right here for now.

Woah there, you sure take my offhand joke about a video game comic strip seriously. Look, I'm glad you find me so interesting and that my posts take you to your physical limit, but if you want to get to know me better so badly, you could just ask me out for lunch. I'm a sucker for shrimp, just so you know.

Woah there, you sure take my offhand joke about a video game comic strip seriously. Look, I'm glad you find me so interesting and that my posts take you to your physical limit, but if you want to get to know me better so badly, you could just ask me out for lunch. I'm a sucker for shrimp, just so you know.

Uh...that wasn't what I was intending to say there Thane. I was trying to explain how you're not too similar to Jakob even if you both share some similar traits. If I had translated what you said to be "I am just like Jakob" in your first post, then I would end up criticizing myself for being too harsh and skeptical like Leo and Takumi out of my ignorance and I don't want to think that.

Jakob still not realizing that in-game that his son Dwyer ends up making better meals than he can since he (Jakob) might have some overconfident pride to uphold.

Page 50 is up! Today we get another jab at Lilith (yay!) regarding the gold bars xD

And then Corrin is suffering from Kana being "daddy's little girl"

This remind me, why don't we have a support between Camilla and Rhajat? It would had been amusing slander between two girls fighting for Corrin that eventually turns into best friend relationship. .w.

I guess due to the generational differences? Non parents lose out on those, huh? xD

Don't worry, Jakob, I have the same problem.

Wait...

xD

Uh...that wasn't what I was intending to say there Thane. I was trying to explain how you're not too similar to Jakob even if you both share some similar traits. If I had translated what you said to be "I am just like Jakob" in your first post, then I would end up criticizing myself for being too harsh and skeptical like Leo and Takumi out of my ignorance and I don't want to think that.

Jakob still not realizing that in-game that his son Dwyer ends up making better meals than he can since he (Jakob) might have some overconfident pride to uphold.

Ah, he wasn't comparing himself to Jakob beyond the joke presented here. No need to worry about it : )

No, I think you're right. I looked it up quickly and it's said "Sigh-liss" it seems. xD But I did that to avoid confusion (and for people who may be saying Sill-loss like I may have been!) I edited the note to better clarify that point. : ) So please don't worry!

Thank you!

You do a fantastic job of translating all the jokes, by the way. The comics all read really well in English. :)