Fates 4Koma Kings Translations (COMPLETE)

Kirokan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the Royal Dorks one! Yeah! Oh Leo, taking advantage to punch the poor guy lol, he suffered a lot already

Oboro scaring people will alway be one of my favorite things

Page 96 is up! Some Shiro/Kiragi silliness to be had in this one!

THAT TAKUMI-PUNCHED FACE I'M DYING

tumblr_inline_o87ve8lg7F1rs86ql_540.jpg

It's like that time Sumia punched the shit out of Chrom omg that was great

This is going to be my new icon I'm sorry

I loved the fishlips punch myself xD

lol I love Takumi's being punched face. tbh that's what most of dual guarding looks like, the person being guarded gets knocked back kind of painfully.

Lol Kiragi is a Shiro Knight instead of a Kinshi Knight XD

Studies show that including Oboro improves the quality of any 4-Koma by 50%.

I'm a totally reliable random guy on the internet and I can confirm these numbers.

And now we wait for more Flora.

Or, you know, just more Oboro. Not gonna lie, I don't mind, since hers are usually among the funniest.

xD I always found that strange in learner's books. Which ones are you using?

The only book I've read thoroughly (Japanese the Manga Way) used examples from actual written works, so that wasn't so bad. But in the Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar I have and all the guides I've seen online... they have a lot of sentences like "watashi wa gakusei desu" that tricked me into thinking Japanese sentences would be easy to interpret once I learned the individual words. Then I start reading Yotsubato and come across "shinakya", which online dictionaries tell me is either the negative or negative-provisional form of "suru", neither of which I'm familiar with or matches up with anything official I've been able to find, and...

...Well, it looks like I'm going to be relying on dictionaries for a while. I guess it's an exaggeration to say simple, straightforward sentences never show up in real life, but casual conversation can be a world apart. Formal conversation, too.

Back on topic, page 95 has me wishing the game had unique pair up lines for certain pairs. That would be great.

Page 97 is up! Fun with Nyx & Effie, as well as Beruka being Beruka!

The only book I've read thoroughly (Japanese the Manga Way) used examples from actual written works, so that wasn't so bad. But in the Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar I have and all the guides I've seen online... they have a lot of sentences like "watashi wa gakusei desu" that tricked me into thinking Japanese sentences would be easy to interpret once I learned the individual words. Then I start reading Yotsubato and come across "shinakya", which online dictionaries tell me is either the negative or negative-provisional form of "suru", neither of which I'm familiar with or matches up with anything official I've been able to find, and...

...Well, it looks like I'm going to be relying on dictionaries for a while. I guess it's an exaggeration to say simple, straightforward sentences never show up in real life, but casual conversation can be a world apart. Formal conversation, too.

Back on topic, page 95 has me wishing the game had unique pair up lines for certain pairs. That would be great.

Oh I see. The Dicitionary of Basic/Intermediate/Advanced Grammar are really good as a secondary reference, but they generally assume you have knowledge from outside of them. But yes, a lot of them assume you are a student or reading for a class, which is where that very focused vocab comes from. xD

Effie hurling Nyx across the battlefield reminds me of how in Splatoon, if you teleport to a certain part of the map, your enemies can see where you're going to land and kill you immediately once you do

good times (I'm guilty of doing that)

Edited by carefreejules

Page 99 is up! Last page for this chapter. A joke on Kiragi's C support with Caeldori (though the Japanese version, which was slightly different), and then fun with Kana and Dad.

Is it just me or does this current artist seem to go for really easy jokes?

I love the art style, though.

Agreed, Hayase Reku also drew some of the better artworks in the 4Koma Character Book : )

...Neat...the dragon form has a mouth! At last!

On another note, I find it rather cute the conversation between Kana and her dad (and making fun of going to the hot springs at the wrong time) and Kiragi was adorable.

Huh, so the dragon form DOES have a mouth. I mean I figured it did since Anankos did, but nice to get confirmation (of a sort).

I really enjoyed Kana and Corrin's strip. Corrin scolding a literal dragon and calling her "young lady" just made my day XD. How many more pages are in this, Kirokan? I though it was just 100, but your last post suggests there's more.