Fates 4Koma Kings Translations (COMPLETE)

Kirokan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems kind of weird to me that Rinkah the Carnivore is lecturing Hayato about avoiding his veggies.

Rinka eats everything, so in that context it makes sense.

Page 41 is up! Another Lilith joke (and limited food types in your castle if you don't visit others) and a joke on accessories (with an absurdly long meta-joke of a title) and how Corrin always tries to please everyone.

For the record it's not a case of "Japanese that could not be expressed in a short way" and a literal translation of it, but actually a title that was quite a mouthful in Japanese as well. xD

I guess there is just one general story of east vs west and royal families in the Japanese mindset. xD

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoy them both here and there : )

I only noticed that after you brought it up xD Well glad you found enjoyment on that gif is another way!

Was it really executive-screwed? I haven't seen it in years but I remember it quite fondly. Mind sharing your thoughts in a PM? I'm genuinely interested on hearing what you have to say and what went wrong with R2 and such. : )

I'm starting to feel sorry for poor Lilith...

Also, good job on the translations Kirokan, the comics are still funny as ever.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Page 42 is up! Not much dialogue in the both of them. Adorable Kana and...Asugi being same old Asugi.

Male Kana being cute and 'innocent' as normal. Asugi trying to be stealthy to steal candy, shame he failed when he was presumably so close.

Kana's face....

Hm...seems to be a fit match if you were to think of Male Kamui's reaction to the hot springs if he messed up.

Orochi's expression in Kana's comic still confuse me, what is she thinking xD? And Asugi... I imagine Asugi calling the ants his new brothers and giving them names: Saizo A6, Saizo A7, Saizo A8

Now I feel very tempted to write the translation in my copy of the book, but I don't know if that is a good idea... Thank so much for the translation!

Page 43 is up! We get some girly Forrest and manly Rinkah-ness (and Azama being Azama about it), as well as Arthur and friends. xD

I'm tempted to make that Kanna from the last panel into my avatar.

You should! xD Go for it.

"The limit", huh? What was it that Cloud said in that Smash intro? 限界を超える ? Kanna doesn't seem to be interested in that.

Kana is interested in maintaining the status quo rather than surpassing, I guess. xD

Orochi's expression in Kana's comic still confuse me, what is she thinking xD? And Asugi... I imagine Asugi calling the ants his new brothers and giving them names: Saizo A6, Saizo A7, Saizo A8

Now I feel very tempted to write the translation in my copy of the book, but I don't know if that is a good idea... Thank so much for the translation!

Who knows what that womwn as thinking there!

Yeah... it may be risky writing stuff on your copy. Maybe in pencil, but even that has the potential to go wrong : \

You're welcome! Glad it came in handy for you. : )

Page 43 is up! We get some girly Forrest and manly Rinkah-ness (and Azama being Azama about it), as well as Arthur and friends. xD

You should! xD Go for it.

Kana is interested in maintaining the status quo rather than surpassing, I guess. xD

Who knows what that womwn as thinking there!

Yeah... it may be risky writing stuff on your copy. Maybe in pencil, but even that has the potential to go wrong : \

You're welcome! Glad it came in handy for you. : )

The one with Forrest is just gold comedy seeing how he is so calm and relaxed and rather peaceful even when troubled then seeing how he reacts to Rinkah and Azama in the comics.

Bad Luck for Arthur again as normal. Percy, how are you that lucky!? ACE!? Did you just pull a Silver out of that roulette!? Guess that proves that even pets can beat or come close to beating their owners.

Is it just me or is Rinkah in a lot of these strips? Not that I mind, she makes for a pretty good butt monkey.

I'm also pretty sure they're amping up Foleo's kawaiiness a little with every new comic he appears in.

Edited by Thane

Something about Arthur's expression in that first panel is amazing. Maybe I'll have to use that as an avatar sometime.

Also, I'm late here, but

He-dude

Looks like I have a name for Corrin in my next playthrough.

Thanks for posting translation notes for that page, too. I was curious about it, so I was thinking of asking until I saw that. I admit I didn't immediately make the "he = hi" connection when I first read it, but I think I was in a bit of a hurry, so that might just be me.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who had trouble keeping Hinoka/Hinata straight.

Page 44 is up and begins a new chapter! So time to adjust to a new art style and sense of humor again. Take a stab at the Valla Curse while at it. xD

Okay, the Arthur and Percy comic is the best so far.

Also, is it just me, or did the artist make Rinkah way more muscular than normal.

I think for that comic it was to emphasize what Azama said about her too, and what she originally thought Forrest was accusing her of. xD

Is it just me or is Rinkah in a lot of these strips? Not that I mind, she makes for a pretty good butt monkey.

I'm also pretty sure they're amping up Foleo's kawaiiness a little with every new comic he appears in.

I think that particular artist is a big fan of hers! She was up on that onigiri at the start of the chapter, after all. xD

Something about Arthur's expression in that first panel is amazing. Maybe I'll have to use that as an avatar sometime.

Also, I'm late here, but

Looks like I have a name for Corrin in my next playthrough.

Thanks for posting translation notes for that page, too. I was curious about it, so I was thinking of asking until I saw that. I admit I didn't immediately make the "he = hi" connection when I first read it, but I think I was in a bit of a hurry, so that might just be me.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who had trouble keeping Hinoka/Hinata straight.

I'm glad the translation notes came in handy. : ) It's harder to convey the he=hi thing to non Japanese speakers too, so I'm glad going with He-dude turned out to be a rather popular decision xD

Page 44 is up and begins a new chapter! So time to adjust to a new art style and sense of humor again. Take a stab at the Valla Curse while at it. xD

Uhh..I think we're supposed to call someone....

I think for that comic it was to emphasize what Azama said about her too, and what she originally thought Forrest was accusing her of. xD

I think that particular artist is a big fan of hers! She was up on that onigiri at the start of the chapter, after all. xD

I'm glad the translation notes came in handy. : ) It's harder to convey the he=hi thing to non Japanese speakers too, so I'm glad going with He-dude turned out to be a rather popular decision xD

Both comics are so funny to me, I can't get over it. Female Kamui is all confused and the three people who are particularly bonded to her (as shown) all think that she'll choose one of them (each think that she'll choose him/her over the others).

Also, Female Kamui going overboard with the first hand gesture that Gunter does when she should understand that it isn't easy translating hand signals, at least Gunter was thinking logically.

A couple of things went through my head when I saw this.

"But that's my job!"

"Take a stab at the Valla Curse? No need, it was already a joke."

"I'm so damn glad they poke fun of this idiotic plot device."

I've got many thoughts and feelings about this topic, all of them negative.