Is anyone else still angry over FE 12 not getting localized?

Seriously, it's high time that this game gets localized, Marth's story isn't over. At least in North America and Europe. I mean we did get the shadow dragon remake. Plus if ANYONE knows of a translated CARTRIDGE please tell me where.

I really doubt that we will ever have an oficial translated Mystery of the Emblem, the best that you can do is put the translated rom in something like an R4 and play it in your DS...

I wouldn't be too annoyed about it if it weren't for the fact that it's region locked. At least couldn't they make it all regions if they decided not to release a Nintendo game?

Edited by henrymidfields

TBH, I was more "angry" with Binding Blade not coming out, but I've gotten over it by now. As long as Nintendo keeps translating the newer games, I'll be happy.

As for the rest, thankfully we have many awesome fan translators (and hackers) to watch our backs ^^

I still managed to play the game so I'm not actively mad about it anymore.

I do find it a shame because 12 addressed most complaints about shadow dragon while also greatly expanding on the bare bones continent that was Akenaia. Shadow Dragon made me believe Marth, his cast and his world were all around ''meh'' compared to other Fire emblems. The poor reputation of shadow dragon means I'm probably not the only one who thinks that but with the game that convinced me otherwise being unplayable for so many people they will continue to find Akenea lackluster.

I'm mildly salty yes, considering it has the best difficulty in the series.

But hey we got a skilled translation team to do a translation of it, so I can't be too mad.

Angry? No. Although I was disappointed for a few years because I really enjoyed Shadow Dragon when I first played it.

I'm mildly salty yes, considering it has the best difficulty in the series.

Really? Do you mean in terms of scaling? Or a specific difficulty mode? Either way, I can't say I have heard that opinion before.

Angry? No. Although I was disappointed for a few years because I really enjoyed Shadow Dragon when I first played it.

Really? Do you mean in terms of scaling? Or a specific difficulty mode? Either way, I can't say I have heard that opinion before.

I believe it has the most fair, yet simultaneously most challenging lunatic, because of various factors, including needing a mostly full team and teamwork, knowledge of class changes etc.

I was...until I played the game myself :P (thanks to the awesome translation team). But I still would have liked FE12 and Binding Blade to have been localized as they were sequels (story-wise) to the games released here in the West.

Personally, I'm more angry that Shadow Dragon set the bar so damn low for being a "remake" of a game that was nearly 20 years old (relative to Shadow Dragon's release date)...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Not really, I don't like FE12 anyways.

Personally, I'm more angry that Shadow Dragon set the bar so damn low for being a "remake" of a game that was nearly 20 years old (relative to Shadow Dragon's release date)...

How is this at all relevant?

At one point I hoped that Fates wouldn't get localized to europe, but they inexplicably end up with a localized FE12 out of the blue while NA gets FE14.

Then they had to go and ruin all of my hopes for no good reason. :(

I agree with this. Shadow Dragon pretty much burned the bridge for any possibility of remakes. The odds of FE4/5 getting remade were already low, and Shadow Dragon probably didn't make IS feel any more confident in remakes. I kind of feel like FE6 is still possible, if for nothing else, Smash continues to raise Roy awareness. But I still think it's unlikely.

Nope. Much as I like FE12 and its introduction of lunatic difficulty, I think the series is actually fortunate that it wasn't released in the US. The game itself would've seemed much like Shadow Dragon to the general audience and the avatar character was not important to the story so to people that liked how the Avatar was handled in Awakening (or more likely, Fates), it wouldn't really mean anything.

If FE12 had "bombed" like Shadow Dragon "did" (and let's face it, it would've because there was no waifu nonsense), IS may have given up on the series outside of Japan and eventually overall.

As much as I hate Awakening and Fates because every aspect besides the gameplay in those games are just dumb, from a business perspective, the series needed the Visual Novel/Waifu garbage that Awakening and fates brought to appeal to others and bring more sales. Hey, it worked for shit on Steam.

EDIT: Remakes aren't necessarily dead, the problem with Shadow Dragon was that it removed ACTUAL good features that added strategic value like Rescue and the reclass system wasn't very balanced (I'm looking at you Archers and Mercenaries).

It's like if Metroid Zero Mission had removed the ability to hold on to ledges completely, limited aiming to just 4 directions and failed to include a map system to get the "feel" of the old game.

Let's add another example, how about they remake Binding Blade and keep just about every aspect of Fates and introduce a small campaign involving the FE7 parents so you can quickly pair them up and affect the growths of children of FE6 (characters such as Roy, Fir, Lilina, Wolt, etc). 10 bucks says a ton of doods will pre-order the game with their primary reason to marry Lilina and rub her face.

Edited by Sirius

• 2 weeks later...

I no longer like to emulate games and the fact that emulation is currently the only way I'll ever be able to play this game is upsetting, especially since I'm convinced that this game will be my favorite Fire Emblem game.

Rumors have been going around that MOTHER 3 is getting a translation, so it seems that Nintendo will bring a game overseas if enough people ask for it, but it's just a pipe-dream to believe that they'd do that with this game.

Angry, no. I enjoyed FE12 a lot and I would have loved to see it get translated, but I understand the caution that kept it in Japan. If there's any game that hasn't been localized and deserves to be, I think that title belongs to Binding Blade.

I wouldn't be too annoyed about it if it weren't for the fact that it's region locked. At least couldn't they make it all regions if they decided not to release a Nintendo game?

It's only region-locked on the 3DS, though? You can play it on the original DS just fine, that's how I played it after importing it.

Anyway, I was kind of upset back when it first came out, but the fan translation pretty much killed whatever anger I had. New Mystery came out at the very end of the DS's lifespan anyway, so even if Shadow Dragon hadn't done poorly we still probably wouldn't have gotten it.

To be fair Fire Emblem isn't as popular as Pokemon is, and there's no way Gamefreak wasn't going to release a Pokemon game just because it wasn't a 3ds game. Fire Emblem was dying back then, they weren't going to pour money into a game at the end of the life cycle of a system. With Pokemon you can get away with it, simply because so many people buy the main series instalments, like I said Fire Emblem wasn't so lucky back then.

Still like most people have said we got a fan translation, and while it's a shame it didn't get released there's no reason to say it won't be released in English on VC one day. Besides Mother 3 never got an offical translation, but that didn't stop people enjoying a fan translation of the game. Having an official release is still a better outcome, but at least we can experince the game if we want and enjoy it.

It's only region-locked on the 3DS, though? You can play it on the original DS just fine, that's how I played it after importing it.

Well, the DSi has region lock and I've always heard that New Mystery wouldn't work on it. But I just took a look at Wikipedia and it says that the region-lock only applies to "DSi-specific cartridges". Although considering that the cartridge doesn't work on the 3DS, I can't imagine that it would somehow work on the DSi, so I suppose those "DSi-specific cartridges" includes DS cartridges of games that were released after the DSi.

Either way, the original DS and the DS Lite shouldn't cause any trouble. I played the game on the DS Lite, so I can vouch for that.

Anyway, I used to be disappointed about the game's lack of localisation...until I actually imported the game, as well as reading the translation of the script here on the site. I'm just glad I didn't grow up with the original game because otherwise I would utterly detest this remake and it's treatment of Marth, how it frames him as being merely a weak and vulnerable figurehead while the real hero was some random dude who is better then everyone else in the army.

Edited by BrightBow

...t says that the region-lock only applies to "DSi-specific cartridges". Although considering that the cartridge doesn't work on the 3DS, I can't imagine that it would somehow work on the DSi, so I suppose those "DSi-specific cartridges" includes DS cartridges of games that were released after the DSi.

Either way, the original DS and the DS Lite shouldn't cause any trouble. I played the game on the DS Lite, so I can vouch for that.

Well, I only have a 3DS. And Mystery of the Emblem is the only game I want to play that is both (partially) region-locked and need to be imported, and I need to spend another Australian $50 for a DS just to operate a single DS game that's region locked, and...well...I can't see how it's worth doing that. And on a more fundamental level, there's no good reason why Nintendo couldn't keep its handhelds region-free like the old days (everything before DSi). Edited by henrymidfields